[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comics scam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-07-06 block2.png (117KB, 1237x659px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-06 block2.png
117KB, 1237x659px
Hey, so, you've seen a few threads on DeviantArt on a little comic called "Aimless"? Well, it's a scam, as this person has no money and couldn't settle on a plot.
>>
>>93695147
>Hey, so, you've seen a few threads on DeviantArt
I have not. Because I don't use it.

Perhaps you should go back there.
>>
Well, two things:

1) I'm a DeviantArt user, and
2) I've been through this before. This person is just...words cannot describe him.

http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/2313594/
>>
>>93695147
>Budget: $700,000

fucking kek. the only reason i dont give a shit when these threads pop up is they give me a good laugh every so often.
>>
>>93695147

I think you mistook this board for one that gives a fuck about anything that goes on on dA.
>>
>>93695147
so im guessing you submitted some art to someone, and didnt get a big fat check? maybe you should take this thread to /tv/ thats co-lite and they might care
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px)
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>93695147
>payment: You'll have to wait your turn, but we'll definitely pay you next month or so, if we decide we really love your Artwork.
I mean that's the biggest red flag warning sign gd lit up like a christmas tree. Anyone who read that and genuinely had no concerns can't be real.
>>
>>93696972
>gd lit up

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93695147
>DeviantArt
the only times we talk about DeviantArt is when we make fun about the shit they draw
>>
>>93698141
dA has gone to shit shortly before the retarded logo change.
>>
>>93698164
ummmm no, sorrye sweetie but DA has been shit longer before tha
>>
>DeviantArt

That website from like 2003? It still exists? People still go there?

Do you still have a MySpace account OP?
>>
>>93698181
Do you mean Angelo Sotira's power-tripping?
>>
>>93698199
no, I mean the whole autism spectrum that saturates the site, like 80% of galleries are kindergarden levels of skill, other 10% is a bunch of people dedicated to some fetish and only 10% is actual art by actual artistsm, it's really hard to find something worth saving in there
>>
>>93698255
dA is beyond saving; it's sold to (((Wix))) early this year.
>>
>>93695147
>comic called "Aimless"
>author could never settle on a plot
Makes sense enough
>>
>>93698034
The warning signs are god damned lit like a Christmas tree?
>>
File: What2.jpg (97KB, 415x351px)
What2.jpg
97KB, 415x351px
>>93695147
>Budget: $700,000
>>
>>93695147
>>93695234
fuck off you fucking retard
>>
>>93695147
>Imagine Batman or Ducktales in Space, because my Main Characters are Rich and go on Adventures
That's the worst plot summary I have seen in my life. It's really fucking obvious this person has no idea what to do with the comic.
>>
>>93698255
>80% of galleries are kindergarden levels of skill
Uh, obviously? What did you expect is gonna happen on a popular art/social media website?
Most people suck at drawing, and you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>93698187
Photobucket still exists and people pay to use it.
>>
>>93695147
I have a friend working on a sort of webcomic of his own, and I kept telling him to make a PayPal so he could at least make some money by commissions
The problem is he has
>Dignity
and
>Standards
And won't make fetish art for a few bucks
So here this faggot is, slaving away at his own creation, completely for free
If you ever see a comic titled Nitro Punch, that's him
>>
The one thing I will say is: anybody laughing at the $700 budget is likely just as retarded as the kid that posted this.

If you're looking for work online, as in literally on DA searching for work, you aren't even worth that much. I'm dead fucking serious.

Almost nobody on DA is non-digital, almost none of them ink at all, and every single one of them sucks at coloring.
>>
>>93698926
You don't understand
It's hundreds of drawings of shitty OC's, furries, fetishes, etc.
They ask for art advice but then completely ignore it
They are so in love with themselves it's unbelievable
They could draw for 10 years and have billions of drawings and never get any better because they think they're already good
And they always call themselves
Aspiring animators or aspiring artists even though they don't learn shit, don't bother to learn, and don't animate ever anyways
If their proportions it anatomy is way off they'll bitch about people telling them to learn anatomy or color theory to be better and act as if anyone who disagrees with their shitty art is a bigot meany hater
>>
>>93699068
We're not laughing at such a low budget it's such a high budget for literally nothing
It's a scam
It's a sham
>>
why the fuck do you need 700k for a comic?
>>
>>93695147
How incredibly ironic considering the title
>>
>>93695147
You realize dozens of people do shit like this every day, right? This example isn't special.
>>
>>93699068
>Confuses 700K with 700.
>Thinks that inking and coloring are necessary skills to get a gig when pencillers have existed for decades.
>>
>>93699415
Because they likely want an obscene production rate. 2000 a month pays for one person living very cheaply. If you want 20 pages weekly like your Japanese Mangas, you're gonna be hiring at least ten people or paying way better.
>>
why do webcomic people post pages at a time. Like page 1 and 2, three weeks later page 3, a week later page 4.

i know it's sometimes a "I work when I can" type thing but why not just make 20 pages and release an issue. or make 50 pages and then start releasing so that you have coverage and can do daily or weekly?

It just seems so fucking autistic to say "HI GUISE HERES MY UPDATE TWO PAGES OF GARBAGE ART WITH TERRIBLE WRITING AND BUBBLING AND LETTERING"

and why would anyone "support" someone on patreon that is this retarded?
>>
>>93700086
You get less hits that way.

Webcomics make money by a few diehards parting with cash, not from selling the comic itself. As such, they need to rope in as many people as possible. If it takes you months to release 20 pages, you're better off keeping people coming back two or three times a week for small morsels than once every two months.

My friend thought the same way you did, and his comic bombed because people forgot about it. The actual problem with the model is that creators don't pace their content due to the weekly grind.
>>
>>93695588
See this guy gets it. It's a good way to live life.
>>
>>93698255
DeviantArt: 90% Autist, 10% Artist.
>>
>>93700086
>>93700224
To me it sounded like the artist would make 20 pages and release them weekly. Would be a good idea and hiatus would be more consistent.
>>
>>93695147

I'm way too fucking old and gainfully employed to use that site.
>>
>>93700224
>My friend thought the same way you did
You can reinvest yourself yourself on the internet. You can even edit and improve.

Alternatively, git gud and portfolio your issues to publishers.
>>
>>93700702
I wish he did any of that, man. Dude's stubborn.
I actually do mean my friend, not me. I've been going to cons with my portfolio instead of doing webcomics and I've gotten great feedback.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.