[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: DDgP02bXcAAxYBo.jpg (127KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
DDgP02bXcAAxYBo.jpg
127KB, 1024x575px
What went so wrong?
>>
>>93687760
Too many jews.
>>
File: C+Robert+Cargill.jpg (86KB, 486x594px) Image search: [Google]
C+Robert+Cargill.jpg
86KB, 486x594px
>>93687760
They let this asshole write it, he trashed the source material & said that Lee & Ditko were racists.
>>
>>93687760
Nothing? I mean, I had shit in it I didn't like... but it's a fucking cape movie. And Dr. Strange at that.
>>
>>93687866
And yet this movie still got accused of being racist
>>
>>93687889
> but it's a fucking cape movie.
Means nothing
>And Dr. Strange at that.
...and
>>93687760
It was just okay, which was the main problem
>>
I talked with my friend who saw it recently, and there really is no good transition from the training to Malekith's attack. Like, it feels like an entire act is missing and they just rushed to the villain stuff.
>>
>>93687951
Also, to add to this, I wished that it felt more magical. Like, I was hoping for more oddities. The way they showed magic in the film felt too orderly. Like it was all mechanized.
>>
>>93687933
Well made cape movies are a very recent occurrence. And you're not going to find prize winning writing and directing. They're, for all intents and purposes, flukes. Get butt hurt about it if you want but it's the truth. Furthermore it's Dr. Strange. A less popular figure in comics. This was a filler movie plain and simple so they weren't going to be breaking out all the stops. Hell, I bet most people didn't even hear about Dr. Strange before the movie.
>>
>>93687760
I unironically think Dr. Strange is one of the best MCU movies and a pretty good movie on its own.

Only a fool would say its just Iron man 1 with magic when even its structure is completely different.
>>
>>93688009
>its a superhero movie so it isn't good
you have to go back
>>
>>93687866
Can I see?
>>
>>93687760
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYDH8754Owc
>>
>>93687866
He was pretty honest, TBQH, and didn't accuse anyone of being racist.

He acknowledged they were in a no-win situation because if they made AO Asian it would be accused of being stereotypical, and if they made AO non-Asian, they would get accused of whitewash.

MCU Mordo is a far more interesting character than his 616 version. Wong is also alot more interesting than his dreary comic book counterpart.

Despite the low-key start, they have already arguably introduced 3 types of magic in the MCU already (Order Magic, Dark Dimension Magic, and Chaos Magic).
>>
>>93688009
They were ramping up audiences to the concepts. Baby steps.

Thankfully with Perlmutter and the CC gone they can now more fully embrace the mystic stuff.
>>
>>93687760
90 - 95% of the dialogue is one character talking down to another. Every scene. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Also the movie doesn't start until 45 minutes in.
>>
>>93687951
Yeah the movie was really lazy and just wanted to hit all the notes of a superhero origin story while not doing the footwork. That bit of the film where Strange exposes The Ancient One which leads into Kacellius attacking the Sanctum again feels so jarring. It really does feel like a transistion scene got cut. Then she just shows up at the end of the Mirror Dimension scene with another set of clothes when it's been like 10 mins since we last saw her.
>>
>>93687760 Another iconic object as an Infinity Stone/gem...
>>
>>93687760
I really liked the movie a lot
But 'sling rings'?
Dumb
>>
>>93687760
Not much really...it was just okay. Passable but not good.
>>
>>93689617
Hopefully the Eye is its own thing even without the Stone, not just a vessel for the time stone.

Agamotto: "What's this green shit, mom?"
Oshtur: "Oh, it's some gay time thing. Don't put it in your eye, ok?"
>>
it had nice cinematography and special effects but that was really all that stood out to me
>>
>>93687760
Never felt like its magic

just Inception an knockoff with kung fu
and that shitty BASIC Sling ring effects was atrocious
>>
>>93687951
>Malekith
Actual mistake or a joke about the villain being bland as fuck?
>>
>>93688214
>I unironically think Dr. Strange is one of the best MCU movies and a pretty good movie on its own.
Absolutely agree.
>>
I've said this before but there is a lot to reward repeat viewings in this movie. It's a little bit more layered than it comes off. Mordo has the most gravitas, but I've grown to appreciate what cumberbatch brought to the table as well.

Oh I'm definitely a shill.
>>
it was the first time I ever watched a movie and though it needed an extended training montage
>>
>>93687760
SLING RING
L
I
N
G

R
I
N
G
>>
Pretty much every fight was fist fighting instead of actual magical feats.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.