[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Infinite Crisis when you first read it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What did you think of Infinite Crisis when you first read it? What do you think of it now?
>>
>>93686667
it sucked, but countdown and 52 were good
>>
>>93686667
Bruce Wayne is a monster who never paid for his crimes, and was never called out on it in-universe or out. Batman is dead to me.
>>
O think it's worth a read just for Superbly Prime lossing his shit, everything else is mostly a convoluted mess. That whole fight with SBP is awesome though, better that Superman x Doomsday I think.
>>
>>93686667
Loved it, 10/10 event. It was fun, shit was constantly happening and things felt like they had consequences and they carried those out in the issues after Infinite Crisis.

Fun times.
>>
>>93686667
The moment when DC turned shit and hasn't recovered since then.
>>
Very neat stories in themselves but the aftermath is never handled as it should be just like for Final Crisis.
>>
>>93686667
First Johns book for me, thought it was good, but I didn't like that the villains were actually heroes, or what happened to Ginger Luthor, I liked it less when he did the same sort of shit over and over again in JSA and GL.
>>
>>93686667
Then
>FUCKING AWESOME DUDE THE MULTIVERSE IS BACK GEOFF JOHNS ROCKS

Now
>It's all a bit edgy with a few good moments
>>
This was the first DC comic and event I read. I loved it. The art was amazing. And even though I didn't understand that much because there were so many unknown characters to me, it a was a pleasant reading. I still read it from time to time. It's great.
>>
>>93686667
More convoluted shit to fuck up continuity, then again, it would not be DC without such things happening every now and again.
>>
>>93686667
Tbh it's really hard to judge that event on its own, just those seven issues, you had to read all the preludes and even some of the tie-ins to fully appreciate it
If you read the build-up, you'll understand why the characters acted the way they did, some really bad shit happened that soured their relations, and they were further manipulated by Alex Luthor and SBP
On its own: 6,5/10
With the context of the preludes and tie-ins: 9,5/10
>>
>>93690112
What exactly is bad about "edge"?
>>
>>93686667
Prime going nuts is the best part. Followed by him getting his ass kicked by the Flash family and Super duo.
>>
>>93690882
In moderation? Nothing. Sometimes some edge is actually engrossing and ups the narrative stakes. But you can only see so many 90s Z-listers get murdered before the edge just becomes a blur of death and blood.
>>
>>93691514
Geoff Johns really does rely on violence WAY too much.
>>
>>93691726
he's like Millar but without any talent
>>
As far as convoluted DC big events go, I think the Sinestro Corps Wars was overall better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.