[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come newgrounds animators never ended up being succesful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: news.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
news.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
How come newgrounds animators never ended up being succesful anyway?

most of them have either evovled into boring, broken middle aged men or video game let's players.
>>
Because animation shorts aren't cool anymore

Let's Plays are
>>
>>93684495
We have this conversation once a month. Newgrounds fell apart and all the animators went to Youtube. This was going well until, because of outcry mainly over titty clickbair videos, the Youtube monetization system became changed in such a way that rapid, longer uploads became far more profitable than spaced out, high effort, shorter uploads. Animation became unprofitable on Youtube, let's plays and other sorts of low effort content flourished, and internet animation basically died outside a few hobbyists, which incidentally only further cemented CalArts as the gateway to animation in the west.
>>
Quite a lot actually did.

You're just thinking of ones like Egoraptor, which from a business POV he is quite successful anyway.

Take Adam Philips for example who did Bitey/Brackenwood. He animated Bob's Burgers now.
>>
>>93684495
Several animators have become successful.

As for the people that didn't make it, making flash shorts solo is a lot different than a career in animation. Many people lack the skill set or inclination to work in a professional team.
>>
>>93684541
This

I would also like to add that Flash is an ancient piece of shit that runs like ass regardless on what system you're playing it on. It used to be a de-facto standard that was used widely on the whole net and filled a niche with no real competition. If you wanted to post a video online, you used Flash even if it was a "real" video - remember that YouTube itself used to run on Flash. Now if you want to post a video online, you upload it to YouTube and embed it, even if it's a flash animation.
>>
>>93684760
Such as?
>>
lol wat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFB_Games
>>
>>93684495
I've heard Kirbopher's working on O.K. KO
>>
>>93684660
>Take Adam Philips for example who did Bitey/Brackenwood. He animated Bob's Burgers now.
you say that like it's something to be proud of
>>
File: animators.jpg (192KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
animators.jpg
192KB, 849x1200px
>>
>>93684660
>a business POV he is quite successful anyway

no, he isn't fucking animating and shit anymore
he is just doing what i do with my friends on the weekends, talk shit and play games.
its just that he had all his fucking NG fame that helped him out huge starting out.

fucking ER wouldn't be anywhere today if he just started doing the same shit he is now. its just that he started when NO ONE was fucking doing it and had his foot one step from the mountaintop of being internet popular when shit like NG was all we had and was also popular as fuck.
>>
>>93686620
>The studio was founded in 2002 by brothers Adam William and Thomas Denis "Tom" Vian
>Brothers
>William and Vian

The fuck do they have different last names? Cuck detected.

>>93686891
Arin is genuinely funny (sometimes) and has a unique insight into what makes bad games bad and what makes good games good. He is not completely without talent nor is he completely fucking idiotic, unlike the thousands of people on YouTube who're doing the same thing he does (both before and after he did it) and failed utterly. He is also a capable voice actor with far more range than your average joe, again that isn't true for most people. He WAS in the right place at the right time but that wasn't all of it.
>>
>>93686891
>its just that

*it's just that
>>
Harry Partridge's dad was a famous rock star. I never knew. Also did harry go on to be a legit animator for some company? I'd be shocked if he wasnt scooped up. He's one of the few of them worth a shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.