[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what do we think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: p13578839_b_v8_aa[1].jpg (389KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13578839_b_v8_aa[1].jpg
389KB, 960x1440px
so what do we think?
>>
Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself, quite liked it. The last episode was lackluster but overall it was one of the strongest cape adaptations i've seen in live-action, both in terms of respecting the source material and being good on it's own merits. I eagerly await more. I hope we get to the DID/other personalities.
>>
>>93679152
Reminder that anyone who thinks that Legion was hard to follow or that there was no progression of the plot are retards who can't grasp blatant motifs
>>
Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself, quite liked it. The last episode was lackluster but overall it was one of the strongest cape adaptations i've seen in live-action, both in terms of respecting the source material and being good on it's own merits. I eagerly await more. I hope we get to the DID/other personalities.
>>
Terrible, another series where they just slaughter the original story and don't give a damn about comics.
>>
>>
>>93679152
Quite enjoyed it, expected to go 'not much Legion'.
Does a really good job portraying how disorientating being mentally ill is.
>>
>>
>>93679160
>>93679166
>>93679188
>>93679219
If I asked you why you're trying to tank this thread, would I get a sane reply?
>>
>>93679237
Anon made it too tempting
>>
I fucking loved it desu
>>
Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself, quite liked it. The last episode was lackluster but overall it was one of the strongest cape adaptations i've seen in live-action, both in terms of respecting the source material and being good on it's own merits. I eagerly await more. I hope we get to the DID/other personalities
>>
Shit the bed in last 2 episode. It was pretty fucking creative but I honestly thought that MC was suffering from mental illness and yellow dude was actually going to be symbolic of something but it went the generic route. It really undermines all the themes of dealing with your mental issues when mental issues aren't actually mental issues but a literal evil boogeyman. I hated the reveal and wanted to scream at all the retards saying how progressive the show was or whatever.
>>
>>93679237
Guy who made that post here, i've legit no idea what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>93679271
>Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself
>>
>>93679270
>yellow dude was actually going to be symbolic
>but a literal evil boogeyman
It's a show, he can be both.
>>
>>93679294
If they left ambiguous, they pretty much state what he is.
>>
>>93679271
Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself, quite don't know what is happening. The reply quality is lackluster but overall it was one of the strongest replies i've ever written on 4chan, both in terms of respecting the OP and being good on it's own merits. I eagerly await more replies. I hope we get to the BIGGUY/other replies.
>>
>>93679304
So? He's still symbolic to the viewer.
>>
>>93679152
The action scenes sucks, I don't care if the inspector is gay, Syd was insufferable and puncheable most of the time, I hate the old lady, the sand king costume was shit
I like Aubrey Plaza, the guy that plays Oliver, some of the parts of David, the David-Syds parts was lame and also the parts with the old lady, and the guy that summons the indian woman whatever
>>
>>93679323
And the weird guy with curly hair was cool too
>>
>>93679313
I don't think you understand the meaning of intention of text, when made explicit and applied and accepted universally, carry. The agency of something to be a symbolic representation is stripped away when the text is made explicit. You can look at it from different perspectives if the text is somewhat metaphorical but overanalyzing explicit meanings and going full retard with head canon doesn't really have any intrinsic value.
>>
Personally, I, being the only individual able to speak for myself, quite liked it. The last episode was lackluster but overall it was one of the strongest cape adaptations i've seen in live-action, both in terms of respecting the source material and being good on it's own merits. I eagerly await more. I hope we get to the DID/other personalities. Also, Aubrey is a cutie.
>>
>>93679152
Fun, but I'd rather have another season of Fargo.
>>
>>
>>93679152
I keep forgetting to watch it.
>>
>>93679152
True cape kino.
I really, really enjoyed it. The last segment of the last episode was awful and the stinger was worse, but what can you do.
Otherwise, it really gelled with me. I loved it.
>>
>>93679152
I really fucking liked it. Most original take on a cape show I've seen. That one major action scene was fucking horrible but other than that solid show. Looking forward to season 2
>>
>>93679346
I don't think you understand.
>>
I enjoyed it much more than all of the other live-action shows maybe except for season 1 of DD and season 1 fo Human Target.
>>
It was pretty damn good. Liked most of the characters and how this series depicts mentall illness as a horrible thing instead of romanticizing it. I have some problems with the ending, but, I suspect, they had to reshoot it after it was prolonged for the next season.
>>
>>93679346
That's not how symbolism and parallel works at all.

It doesn't matter if something is one thing in the world of the story, it can still be a parallel or a symbol for something in real life.
>>
>>93679270
He spent the last episode or so saying that he was in fact both mentally ill and possessed, they just didn't believe him
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.