[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transfomers Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: probably arcee im guessing.jpg (66KB, 798x334px) Image search: [Google]
probably arcee im guessing.jpg
66KB, 798x334px
"Follow the pillars. We'll lead you to Optimus."
-Some Robot, Revenge of the Fallen

And then they were never seen or heard from again. Not even in the movie.

You see that female Autobot?
That's probably Arcee. Maybe.
>>
>People who like it claim they just want a dumb "turn your brain off" action movie
>All of the films a 2 hour and 30 minute films where around 1 hour and 45 minutes of it is very badly written and acted out drama , human interactions and dumb twists
I usually hate to use buzzwords but I've seen a recent trend of people defending these movies in this board with this same exact excuse and I genuinely get a sense they never actually seen the films and only defend it out of contrarianism. If you applied this idea on something like Jurassic World, I'd get it because Jurassic World was in fact mostly just dinosaurs wrecking shit. But every single Transformers have long drawn out scenes of people talking and sex jokes with extremely short bits of action in between before a grand finale at the end.
>>
>>93676198
Looks to me like you're the one who hasn't seen them.
>>
>>93675962
She gets killed in this same scene by a Decepticon, of course you never see her again
>>
>>93676276
She's just knocked over, the next scene has her turning around to address the shot and then...none of them are ever seen again.
>>
>>93676276
Also it's not that she's tough, I honestly think it's just a consistency error like they forgot she got shot because she's just RIGHT THERE standing and shit.
>>
In the scene right after this you see fucking Bonecrusher just jumping from behind a house or some shit. That fucker got his head chopped off in the first fucking movie and in this one they just threw him in there because "fuck it". Its hilarious how fucking bad this movie is.
>>
File: big_1481941486_image.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1481941486_image.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
All the Bayformers movies are bad to varying degrees, except maybe the first one. But Revenge of the Fallen is especially bad because it went into production during the writers' guild strike, and they just soldiered forward. When the strike ended, Kurtzman and Orci met back up with Bay to begin writing the story for ROTF, only to discover that Bay had already written a basic story outline and was basically just winging it with the outline as a bare-bones guide.

That's why Revenge of the Fallen makes no fucking sense at all. It's pure, unadulterated Michael Bay, freed from the shackles of such petty concerns as plot progression or character development.
>>
>>93677802
>In the scene right after this you see fucking Bonecrusher just jumping from behind a house or some shit. That fucker got his head chopped off in the first fucking movie and in this one they just threw him in there because "fuck it". Its hilarious how fucking bad this movie is.
something to keep in mind is that while they never directly bring it up in the movies, in pretty much all Transformers continuities there exist Transformers who share body types and even facial structures with others of their species, so it isn't actually Bonecrusher we see in ROTF, just another Decepticon who uses his chassis, similar example exists with Blackout and Grindor
>>
>>93677876
I think the effects of Bay "just winging it" has carried on to this day. And who would challenge him? When he makes the studio a billion ticking dollars they just gave him carte blanche to do what the fuck he wants. He's like some bizarro George Lucas with no restraint and people just keep shoveling more into it.
Like if he had actual competent writers managing the movies all this time after the first one instead of just post it notes on the fridge, I can't imagine how differently things would've turned out.

Also I can't believe the Writer’s strike is still affecting things to this day.

But now- the Transformers movie, the latest one didn't exactly perform like the old days. It feels like people are just sick of it. Which is weird because Bay himself is- he's moving on. But what does that mean for the movies of the future?
>>
Everything about the Bayforfer movies is awful.
>>
Me watching the baymovies https://youtu.be/o2sBY168k5o
>>
>>93677876
The battle in the forest was great. But back on topic: what do you expect, considering the movie is practically backed by the Pentagon to show how their wonderful toys are superior to any alien firepower out of the sky? At least Marvel had the nuts to tell the military to fuck off when they wanted to showcase how they were the Avengers contemporaries instead of one that needed saving. I also remember one spokesman of the Pentagon giving a snide remark about Avengers being "unpatriotic". In the end, all they got was a National Guard truck.

And fuck all "Age of Ultron and after" movies.

I don't know how they're going to reconcile Black Panther (Comic) with the infinitely more likable (to my shock) movie version.
>>
>>93677876
As he put it, he could put things on hold and fire two or three hundred people or continue on and do what he could. At the end of the day it's still his self admitted worst movie as well.
>>
>>93677876

If you think ROTF is bad you really should see The Last Knight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.