[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: BlueMandingo.png (32KB, 638x342px) Image search: [Google]
BlueMandingo.png
32KB, 638x342px
Well /co/?
>>
They would be afraid as hell of doing that
>>
>>93666678

They tried, it just lead to more dead people.
>>
because it wasn't an experiment, it was an accident
>>
>>93666678
Jon Osterman was special.
His whole life was exclusively perfect to retain his will after his intrinsic field was removed.

That's part of the big realization he makes with Lorie. That she's just as special as he is. Everyone is.
>>
>>93666678

>Why didn't they just perfectly replicate this complete accident without even being aware of all the factors in play at the time it occurred?
>>
It was covered in the book. It was only through a combination of Osterman's meticulous, clock-like mind and his tranquil character that he was able to maintain his consciousness and reconstruct his body, cell by cell in order to survive the process. Everyone else that tried simply died.
>>
>>93666678
The US government barely had a handle on the one supergod in existence, making more was a risk they were unwilling to take. One Doctor Manhattan was enough to push the Soviets to full nuclear war, if word got out America had another the missiles would have been in the air the minute they unveiled him.

That's the political excuse, the practical one is that they probably tried, as did the USSR, and all they ended up with was a lot of dead lab assistants who couldn't pull their atoms back together after their ionic fields were forcibly torn apart. Doc Manhattan was a one off, the world's only superhuman. Impossible to replicate, unwise to even try doing so. You might as well ask why Bubastis didn't come back blue with an exposed penis.
>>
>Lets build more immortal gods we can''t control!

And Jon Osterman after the transformation was nothing like he was before so they couldn't just stick in a bunch of hyper-patriotic dudes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI
>>
>>93666799

Yea, the whole "clock maker" thing is a bit part of who he is. He had to reform his body. You could potentially try to train people, but you risk them dying. He spent a life time as someone capable of such a skill.
>>
>>93666666
>>
>>93666678
too much dick
>>
>>93666678

Didnt the russians try? And failed miserably.
>>
File: IMG 2016126.png (368KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG 2016126.png
368KB, 642x482px
>>93666678
Can no one refute him?
>>
>>93666678
because they couldn't even control the one they had. you don't test a weapon of mass destruction by first making a bazillion of them just to see if it works. do you even science and logic?
>>
>>93666830
thatd be some whacky shit bubastis came back with a dick
>>
I fucking hate this place.

Because at least half of the above posts actually think this is a valid question.
>>
>>93666799
>>93666881
Not to mention his intimate knowledge of quantum physics.
>>
File: 4a6.jpg (217KB, 655x1081px) Image search: [Google]
4a6.jpg
217KB, 655x1081px
>>93666678
How are you going to control an army of omnipotent gods ?
>>
>>93667545
did we piss in your member berries, faggot? hashtag deal with it
>>
>>93667545
I feel ya, but honestly go watch 3 episodes of Law & Order: SVU. You'll happily come back.
>>
is broteam always this stupid
>>
>>93667616
My mom watches network cop dramas.

NCIS vanilla has grown on me for it's campiness but it's actually painful to see so many shows ape old batman comic plots and bastardize them. That mcguyaver show had the autistic guy Harvey threatems om order to find rachel in TDK literally stealing Heath's performance from the interrogation scene. That's not even an old comic plot ape. Couldn't believe it.
>>
>>93666678
>tfw like broteam
>tfw like playing streams of bad games as background noise
>tfw can't stand watching their streams because of their obnoxious donation and subscription yelling
>>
>>93667616
I like SVU...
>>
>>93666678
I'm not a queer. I would put women in the Dr Manhattan experiment. All them blue titties bro
>>
>>93666678
They tried, everyone died. Osterman had a talent for recomponing the elements of bigger things because his dad worked on clocks
>>
>>93667824
same here. d'noffrio (however tf you spell that) kinda killed Criminal Intent for me. just too over the top and fat. goddammn private pyle
>>
>>93666678
Read the fucking comic.
>>
>>93668287
issue number plis?
>>
File: 9v9WWD7[1].png (11KB, 589x155px) Image search: [Google]
9v9WWD7[1].png
11KB, 589x155px
>>93667747
A quick glance though is twitter would let you know he doesn't take anything he says seriously.
Any time he isn't laughing at someone for being a narcissist on the internet, he's laughing at the fact that so many people follow even though he's just some fat Canadian who plays videogames.
>>
File: ??.jpg (62KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
62KB, 800x800px
>I can put together a clock so I can also put together every atom of my body
>>
File: 1474740449014.jpg (25KB, 373x357px) Image search: [Google]
1474740449014.jpg
25KB, 373x357px
>>93668393
>I can put a trip on so I shitpost every atom of my body unto this site
>>
>>93668315
not him but issue four iirc
>>
>>93668492
thanks /co/lleague
>>
>>93668393
>Not realizing he was an atomic clock maker who trained clock boy
>>
>>93667616
Its a fun show, I just hate it when it goes full retard and starts covering topics it knows nothing about resulting in a borderline parody of the subject manner
>>
>>93666678
Dr. Manhattan's power was innate. His will could affect reality in any way he wanted, he discovered it by being disintegrated. It's not that the thing gave him powers.

Now, the real question is, why didn't manhattan give out powers to people?
>>
I have to question why Dr Manhattan remained in human form. Technically he could be any shape he desired, but I suppose it was another vain attempt relating to humanity
>>
>>93667582
Is that an excerpt from http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1981
>>
>>93669550
Well, he DID create the entire DC universe
>>
>>93666678
Accident combined with the perfect person to undergo the transformation. That was the point of him. He was the ultimate example of a perfect alignment.
>>
Did the Soviets have any capes?
>>
>>93669601
He re-built himself, his self-image. But only the essentials.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.