[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Cliches you love/hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: zteqt5.gif (2MB, 197x245px) Image search: [Google]
zteqt5.gif
2MB, 197x245px
>The """""villain""""" has a god complex and truly believes he's doing the right thing
>>
>>93663747
I like when the lines are further blurred by showing both sides in a conflict with plausible motivations down to the personal level.
Not necessarily "This is your brain on Fascism" like in Starship Troopers, but having people on both sides that believe in their cause, not cackling villains.
>>
File: all-new-all-different-marvel.jpg (875KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
all-new-all-different-marvel.jpg
875KB, 1280x720px
Sums up marvel
>>
File: are you grinching me.jpg (17KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
are you grinching me.jpg
17KB, 300x364px
>>93663747
>Character with a foreign accent insults someone with a made up nonsense word in their native language
>>
File: 1474423305156.jpg (25KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1474423305156.jpg
25KB, 640x634px
>Character says they will translate for the team
>Deliberately botches the translation into something incredibly offensive.
>>
>>93663747
If the villain does not think he is in the right then it is a flat bullshit character. No one wants every villain to be a fat 4chan neckbeard trying to be edgy who changes his opinion and views pending on the time of day. A good villain thinks they are right. It is not a cliche it is good character creation and development. 'I am going to blow up the moon...not sure why, I know it is wrong, but I am going to do it anyway.' Get the fuck out.
>>
>>93663747
>Character is afraid of something
>Character says he/she is fine
>Camera zooms to his/her face and souns of shooting and explosions can be heard, plus some WW2 footage
Not really a cliché, but I love it
>>
>>93663747

>Writer is so focused on ensuring the Protags have flaws they barely have anything that makes them worth rooting for
>Almost every character is a Waifu for no real reason
>Hero has ultimate power and is the strongest ever, basically eliminating any sense of threat

Can you guess the series I'm complaining about today?
>>
>>93665825
No. What is it?
>>
>>93665920
Kill 6 Billion Demons. Abbadon's a fantastic world and character designer, but he cant write an engaging long form story for shit.
>>
>>93663931
>its a 'Villain and Hero are only visually different but are just as bad as each other' episode

t. Nemesis the Warlock.
>>
>>93663747
Well do you love this cliche or hate it?
>>
>>93665334
>no fun
>>
>>93666309
I fucking love it.
>>
File: 1339082977112.jpg (24KB, 380x368px) Image search: [Google]
1339082977112.jpg
24KB, 380x368px
>The Villains have lives outside of villainy
>Villains are more terrified of the IRS than they are of heroes.
>>
>>93663747
>There's a character that seems too overpowered (either villain or not), but at the end there's always someone stronger.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.