[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are christians the real bad guys of the Marvel universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2859.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2859.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Are christians the real bad guys of the Marvel universe?
>>
>>93663732
No it's the Canadians.
>>
>>93663732
Fanaticism is bad, mmkay?
>>
File: 424264-confessor.jpg (102KB, 420x505px) Image search: [Google]
424264-confessor.jpg
102KB, 420x505px
>>93663732

Confessor didn't die for this
>>
Why does Christians get portrayed like they're the Taliban in media these days?
>>
>>93663825
Christianism is vanilla/boring as fuck unless its taken to the extremes.
See the Deus vult meme
>>
>>93663732
No that's just vampire propaganda to make crosses less common.

Also why do they have these crazy future guns? Really weakens the moment instead of going realistic.
>>
>>93663825
Americans barely have to deal with islamic extremism on their homeland, once in awhile.

They deal with bible-thumping Christians daily. There's been tension between urban-dwelling Americans and rural Americans for like forever, now.
>>
>>93663732
Because Marvel comics writers are generally left-leaning and view Christianity as a soft target.

They know Christians won't Hebdo Marvel offices.
>>
File: 1499276995462.jpg (173KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1499276995462.jpg
173KB, 500x570px
>be Christian
>be mocked because of Fred Phelps and a couple pedo priests
>apparently that's worse than imperialistic Islam that bombs children and cuts noses off women for not acting like property

Really flim flams my Jim jams
>>
>>93663752
Then why doesn't Marvel tackle the Muslim problem?
>>
I mean, religion in general is just a big fucking shit starter but the Purifiers are just a bunch of crazy assholes even if they didn't have the group. They'd probably be the kind of fuckers that would shoot up a school by themselves if they weren't teaming up to shoot up a school full of kids with powers
>>
>>93663952
They did, see any Kamala comic
>>
File: poppin.jpg (80KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
poppin.jpg
80KB, 540x568px
>>93663922
That doesn't happen in America save for relatively occasional attacks. There are no Evangelical Muslims in a position of high power, whereas Christians letting their religion interfere with their politics and attempting to force their religion on others has been happening for like forever.

Not to say that radical Islam isn't a problem that needs a solution but it's funny that some Americans like to freak out about muslims more than any other country when they're one of the least physically affected countries by radical Islam.
>>
>>93663825
because if they insulted muslims their offices would get blown up

christ cucks turn the other cheap
>>
>>93663732
Christians are the bad guys of any universe
>>
>>93663922
As opposed to imperialistic christian capitalism that bombs children in Yemen and Syria?
Like, if you want to judge a billion-strong religion by its worst dregs, go ahead.
>>
File: Moment.jpg (542KB, 1600x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Moment.jpg
542KB, 1600x1197px
>>93663732
Those who are a seeking a good christian hero, look no further than Jean-Paul Valley, Azrael.
>>
>>93663952
Waid did, and it was pretty hamfisted. I do still wonder though if the issue could have been better without Ramos' wonky faces and proportions for all the terrorists and muslim women.
>>
>>93663865
>They deal with bible-thumping Christians daily. There's been tension between urban-dwelling Americans and rural Americans for like forever, now.

What are you even talking about? What does Christianity have to do with oh nevermind this is probably bait
>>
>>93663854
When it comes to religion there is nothing wrong with being boring.

>>93664129
Exactly
>>
>>93663732
What the fuck is with the gun beard-y is holding?
>>
>>93664759
That has nothing to do with Christianity. I'm opposed to the stupid wars for Israel as well but don't you are blaming the wrong religion for them. And even then I don't blame Judaism for what Israel does by manipulating US foreign policy but it is even more of a stretch to blame all of Christianity for some cuck evangelicals being israels bitches
>>
>>93663825
>Why does Christians get portrayed like they're the Taliban in media these days?

Gee, I wonder why...I wonder why there has been a clear attempt to destroy Christianity coming from THE MEDIA

There is literally no point in trying to demonize Islam because it already is not viewed in a positive light by many, Christianity on the other hand was the default religion of the country

Do the math
>>
>>93663994
Wait does she really address this or are you joking? I might give the series a look if she actually addresses the poison her religion has been causing.
>>
>>93664919
Harper identifying herself as blue haired as if artificial hair color is an identity might be the most annoying thing she has ever said. Otherwise this is a good moment.

>>93664938
Could you give me a rundown? I read the first issue of Champions and hated it so I never got to this.
>>
>>93663732
Isn't it Sublime though?
>>
File: mq5hN9z[1].jpg (673KB, 1560x2340px) Image search: [Google]
mq5hN9z[1].jpg
673KB, 1560x2340px
>>93663732
>MarvelDisney
Jews HATE Christianity.
>>
>>93665869
The Purifiers were villains long before Disney bought Marvel.
>>
>>93665444
>nothing wrong with being boring

Great book idea
>>
>>93665910
Marvel was always Jewish from day one though, unlike Disney that got hijacked
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.