[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: he-man punch.gif (380KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
he-man punch.gif
380KB, 288x216px
I don't like how during fight sequences in action series, there's sometimes shots of the hero punching/kicking/etc. the villain (or the villain attacking the hero) through the latter's point of view. When this happens, I feel like throwing myself backward like a flopping soccer player or an autistic 6-year old, like I'm the one who got hit!

It's shit like this why I've been having high difficulty enjoying superhero shows and movies. I just want to enjoy the action without having to experience a virtual fist to the face every now and then.
>>
File: Wait.png (85KB, 248x344px) Image search: [Google]
Wait.png
85KB, 248x344px
>>93663036
Because you managed to catch me off guard with something unique, I'm going to give you a (you).
>>
Sometimes you can't show a character punching another character because it's too violent. At least, I think that's why He-Man did it.
>>
>>93663158
>Sometimes you can't show a character punching another character because it's too expensive to animate.
Fixed that for you, champ.
>>
>>93663178
Can't it be both?
>>
>>93663036
>When this happens, I feel like throwing myself backward like a flopping soccer player or an autistic 6-year old, like I'm the one who got hit!
>Like an autistic child

no, OP, you ARE an autistic child.
>>
>>93663203
In He-Man's case, no.

EVERYTHING about how that show was animated was designed to minimize costs first and foremost.
>>
>>93663367
But it was also made at a time where cartoons were still heavily censored.
>>
>>93663549
There's plenty of shots where He-Man punches people. Shots like these are to save costs by reusing them.

There are other shows that do it for stylistic effect, but He-Man is not one of them.
>>
>>93663367
> They turned re-using animation into an art form in that show.
>>
The thing that really annoys me is when they have characters hitting each other but instead of animating it they just put flashes of white or red on the screen. I hate that shit because once you realize it you'll see it nearly everywhere in animation. I love the 2002 Mike Young He-Man show, but it's very guilty of doing this in pretty much every episode as a copout for having to do real animation.
>>
>>93663367
Yet they still had money to film people to rotoscope.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.