[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /co/ feel about fourth wall breaks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How does /co/ feel about fourth wall breaks?
>>
>>93661426
>Inb4 Deadpool
>>
>>93661426
I wish my waifu would break the fourth wall and tell me she loves me
>>
>>93661426
It can be funny, but not if it's used too often.
>>
>>93661426
I wished more series ended with them the only one I can thing of is beavers and that didn't air
>>
>>93661594
Deadpool doesn't do it enough.
>>
>>93662112
>caring about deadpool past the age of 16
>>
>>93662135
Honestly i was hoping Deadpool would be more meta and ripping into comic book readers for being too contrarian and having no lives of their own.
>>
>>93661426
I love it. Don't care how overused it is, I love it.

Humour yes, but also when it's used for drama, or even as narrative framing.

Or when they have a 4th wall inside the fourth wall, like in the Lego Movie.
>>
>>93661426
they were cool 10 years ago
>>
>>93661426
Depends on how you use them.

If you use them once in a while, they're good.

If you force them, like having characters all of a sudden being aware they're in a cartoon for no reason that LOLSORANDUM WE ARE THE NEW DEADPOOL GUYZ, that's bad.

If the only joke in the show is that there is no fourth wall (such as the CGI Garfield cartoon, where after a while the main joke is "HI GUYS THIS IS THE BEST CARTOON EVER MADE AND EVERYBODY LOVES IT")... well, that is just annoying.
>>
They have to be done with subtlety, or all out. No in between. Half-assed fourth wall breaks are cringeworthy.

I remember the Chowder one where the animation budget ran out so the voice actors had to do a car wash to raise more funds. That was funny.
>>
>>93661426
Chowder and Gumball are the cartoons that pull that off the best
>>
>>93661426
It can be good with some wit. A lot of poor writers seem to think that simply acknowledging the fourth wall is a good joke, when in reality it should be a good joke written around the idea of breaking the fourth wall.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.