[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: AT_earth2.jpg (40KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
AT_earth2.jpg
40KB, 800x481px
Is it just me or would you guys like to see the Adventure time universe to be made in a more 'non childish' show? I love the lore, characters , world art style, general atmosphere of show but its just that characters can be childish at times where it becomes intoxicating. (fair enough cause its a cartoon)
>>
>>93659326
>but its just that characters

http://www.its-not-its.info
>>
File: uncomfertble.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
uncomfertble.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>93659326
>what if it was for ADULTS and not CHILDRENS
racist mario.avi
>>
>>93659326
The tone is fine. How childish it can be makes the more somber or bizarre or horrific moments that much more effective. The problem is that 25-50% of AT is forgettable. Not bad necessarily, or unwatchable. Just not something worth rewatching since it was either a relatively boring episode, or didn't have any relevance in the future. Season one sucks to introduce people to, and to rewatch for this reason.
>>
>>93661122
Season one was one of the best seasons precisely because it didn't try to shove in a bunch of shitty drama or "lore."
>>
File: 1490894743865.jpg (13KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1490894743865.jpg
13KB, 324x291px
>>93659326
>adult AT series but its about pb and revolves around her moral grayness
>>
>>93661273
>but its about

*but it's about
>>
>>93661147
Season 1 is a snore. I trudged through the first dozen or so episodes with a few exceptions. Season 2 and 3 are immediately better, even without the drama and way before the "lore" is consistent enough to be considered lore. I get enjoying the show before they decided to change the pace to Muh Lore and Muh Relationships (I like this to an extent but it goes overboard pretty quickly), but I still think season 1 is weak sauce compared to other early seasons.
>>
>>93659326
That's what it's been slowly transitioning to.

IMO it could see an Adult Swim continuation like SJ, but it wouldn't fit as well.
>>
>>93662991
I'm' going' to' wet' my' dick' with' your' mouth'
>>
>>93659326
>it becomes intoxicating
Are you sure intoxicating is the word that you wanted to use?
>>
I stopped watching AT a long time ago, but the childishness was a big part of what I loved about it. Is it even marginally about dungeons and penguins and fighting crazy wizards anymore?
>>
Anyone else hate the word "lore"?
>>
>>93663883
Nah, it's all mini-series now.

They're good for the most part, except Stakes ended badly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.