[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can they be saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ML.jpg (124KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
ML.jpg
124KB, 615x345px
can they be saved?
>>
Here's what needs to happen:
>>Get writers who care about telling stories and not recycling the same messages.
>>Care about continuity
>>Stop acting like stuff that isn't in the film is some embarrassment.
>>Get artists who actually can draw.
>>Get an Avengers and X-Men lineup that actually has characters people want to read
>>Put up walls around books so they can't just rely on the same fucking crossovers!

And Marvel will listen to none of this.
>>
>>93652792
Of course, but it would actually take effort which is something that most people working at marvel right now are incapable of. Replacing Alonso and the rest of those terrible do nothing editors with a whole host of new competent editors would be a step in the right direction.
>>
I think that it's too far gone. Everything they've done to the X-men because of muh movie rights, the lack of the fantastic four, all of the characters they've replaced - they can't just go back now.

It would honestly take a full universe reboot or the start of a new ultimate universe or something to save it.
>>
Yes, but the first thing Marvel would need to do is acknowledge what the real problem is, and that it's their own shitty business practices and bad creative decisions. Once they admit that there is a problem, they can then take the necessary steps to fix that problem; namely, getting rid of the dead weight and shit leadership that got them here in the first place.

But that never happen, at least not anytime soon. They'll just keep on blaming us for being too racist and sexist to buy their shitty product, as if their problem is diversity and not terrible business practices and zero quality control.
>>
>>93653021
>start of a new ultimate universe
They're already doing that.
>>
>>93652792
Sure. Just make more female heroes and make 1:100 j scott campbell venom variants. Boom. Infinity money.
>>
>when you've been shitting the bed so long you just stop changing the sheets
>>
>>93653062
What's that about? Do you have a link or something? Haven't heard anything about that, sounds interesting.
>>
File: 1490187577630.gif (3MB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490187577630.gif
3MB, 540x200px
>>93652792

Fuck you, kid
>>
>>93652843
>Get artists who actually can draw.
Here's the bizarre thing. They /do/ have artists that can draw, but almost none of them do interiors.
>>
>>93653442
Speculators don't give a shit about interiors.
>>
>>93652843
>>Get writers who care about telling stories and not recycling the same messages.
It sucks that many current Marvel writers did used to be fairly decent or, in some cases, even great. Remember Waid's awesome Cap run? I highly suspect the Alonso administration has a big role in the 'message' orients comics.
>>Care about continuity
I agree, anon, 100% but we live in an era where continuity is secondary, if that. I hope one day that will change.
>>Stop acting like stuff that isn't in the film is some embarrassment.
Again, I suspect this is done by people wearing suits and not people in creative. The best thing that could happen is Marvel buying X-Men and F4 film rights. It will happen. Give it time.
>>Get artists who actually can draw.
Marvel has a few good artists. I will agree most 'big' titles that aren't events tend to have lackluster artists. Spider-Man's current art lineup is a damn shame.
>>Get an Avengers and X-Men lineup that actually has characters people want to read
Again, I have a feeling Alonso is behind this. I highly doubt Waid got to hand pick his Avengers team.
>>Put up walls around books so they can't just rely on the same fucking crossovers!
You'd have to erase 30 years of comics history for this to happen. Most we can hope for is eliminating the number of tie-in issues per series.
>>
>>93653645
Waid is old and wants to go to DC but he burned bridges so he's at Marvel and occasionally at Archie and other publishers.

That said DC scooped a lot of good writers for Rebirth and stole King and Abnett from Marvel, two good writers that Marvel didn't took advantage of.

Hell they took one of Marvel's shitty writers and now he's producing good work, wow.

>I highly doubt Waid got to hand pick his Avengers team.

He once said that he didn't care for Iron Man while voicing his displeasure for the Civil War comic event as it happened (he was angry about it and didn't like Cap dying) so I am pretty certain he didn't get to pick it.
>>
>>93652792
Is modern marvel worth saving?
>>
>>93654988
>Hell they took one of Marvel's shitty writers and now he's producing good work, wow.
Because they made him clean up, get /fit/, work out, and dress properly.
>>
File: Looks away from the mic.jpg (7KB, 167x160px) Image search: [Google]
Looks away from the mic.jpg
7KB, 167x160px
Here's what they need to start doing before they fully clean up and save themselves:

>Get rid of ANY writer that's into SJW bullshit whatsover. They can be left-leaning, but if they're full on SJW then they need to get the fuck out.
>Get better editors or hand over more power to the editors. Seriously, these guys are important in making sure the comics aren't a fucking mess.
>Get rid of Riri, get rid of any diversity replacement for the replaced characters and have the original ones come back. Nobody wants to fucking buy comics of Riri acting like a total snobby teenage girl and douchebaggy bro Hulk. They wanna see Tony Stark doing his stuff. They wanna see Bruce Banner being the Hulk.
>Get rid of Miles or turn him into a villain because he's just not working as a hero.
>Stop trying to push Carol Danvers as the main hero of the universe because it's not working. Redesign her into something everyone will like, put her on the avengers and rework her character.
>Remove America Chavez
>Fix the X-men, bring Cyclops back and stop making him out to be motherfucking Hitler.
>FUCKING. MAKE. ICEMAN. STRAIGHT. AGAAAAIN.
>Stop pushing the Inhumans, just push Black Bolt instead and try to push the Inhumans using him.
>Stop with the fucking events already. Event fatigue has happened a LONG time ago and it's not gonna increase the sales. It's just fucking bothersome having to read multiple comics in order to find out what the fuck is happening in the event.

Alright, all of that is a good start. Anything later should be sort of easier for Marvel. Sadly, they'll never do any of the things I mentioned.
>>
>>93653645
>Again, I suspect this is done by people wearing suits and not people in creative.
Naw, that's the attitude Bendis created.
>>
>>93653645
>You'd have to erase 30 years of comics history for this to happen. Most we can hope for is eliminating the number of tie-in issues per series.
Thing is, you can crossover, but don't make your books entirely reliant on them. Like how All New Wolverine is a gimmick character after gimmick character just appearing. Why is Jean Grey considered a closer friend to X-23 than her New X-Men friends?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.