[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
If you don't mind me asking, could you please redphill me on comics, how to get into them, and what the appeal is? my only experience is with some old Mega Man comics, which clearly aren't representative of the medium. Overall I've been too intimidated by how much there is and the fact that it seems so pigeonholed compared to manga or games, not that I would know.

Also the whole marvel/DC debate and the fear of looking too much like the guy on big bang theory have been very good at deterring me from it.
>>
I'll bite but first you need to answer a question
did you ironically or unironically use redpill
>>
>>93651995
ironically, hence, redphill
>>
File: 1491706000376.gif (898KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491706000376.gif
898KB, 500x281px
>>93652036
Okay you can stay but you better not go on to be a politics maymayer, I'd say marvel (including the star wars comics) or dc comics are the easiest way and the most common way to get into comics, you may not like them or grow to hate them but you'll probably enjoy them at first. Another easy way is to watch cartoons based on comics, because if you like cartoons you'll probably want to find out more about the characters or read about different interpretations of them or different scenarios.
>>
>>93652230
I wasn't planning to, just like the redpill meme. Also thanks, that makes sense. also another question, and this might sound ignorant, but is the medium really as restricted as people make it out to be? I mean it's always seemed kinda confined to one genre/aesthetic.
>>
>>93651837
>how to get into them
Read some
>and what the appeal is?
The same appeal of anything nerds like? What is the appeal of action movies? What is the appeal of video games? It's violent power fantasy usually involving worlds cooler than our own for the sake of escapism
>>
File: 1492563804104.png (312KB, 456x546px) Image search: [Google]
1492563804104.png
312KB, 456x546px
>>93652287
Not really, at this point in time pretty much anyone can make a comic even if it's something as fucked up as trying to justify genocide, thread linked here: >>93641982
Shows muslim women claiming it's time to show jew york allah means business and then just says the words boom, and also a black man that kills 9 people but then says his only regret was not killing more before getting caught, and then if you really want to go off the deep end with different shit there's an entire new genre named anime, so the only real restriction is how many people choose to read it.
>>
>>93652287
>restricted aesthetic

I've never heard of this notion. There are tons of different art styles throughout western comic history. Compare Gurihiru's art for Gwenpool with Alex Ross's for, say, Justice

>restricted genre

Capeshit floods the industry but it really doesn't take much to find noteworthy science fiction, fantasy (e.g. Bone) crime (e.g. 100 Bullets) satire (e.g. Flintstones 2016) or even stranger shit (e.g. Snotgirl)
>>
>>93652546
Oof, yeah I heard about the SJW sit especially from marvel, kinda sucks. I dealt with it with games sort of so I get that sorta thing.

>new genre named anime

I'm not sure what you mean by this? I've watched a decent bit of anime and read manga as stated before

>>93652555
Well the first one was really just something I had conceived, sorry for the confusion. Either way that makes sense, I figured it was more varied but I was at least a little bit still of the presumption it was superhero genre stuff
>>
>>93651837

Might want to check out some of the random Storytime threads that occasionally pop up here.

This one for example. >>93639908

New comics come out on Wednesdays. Some of the more popular fare will show up tomorrow throughout the day. It's a good inexpensive hassle free way of getting your feet wet.
>>
File: 1446407365373.jpg (781KB, 1946x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1446407365373.jpg
781KB, 1946x1660px
If you're still here, here you go.
>>
Where is the OP image from? I remember seeing it, but don't remember where it's from.
>>
>>93653769
spongebob karate island
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.