[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vertigo's current state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: shade.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
Okay, /co/. Let's talk about the Vertigo of today. With the success of the Young Animal line, it seems like DC is losing interest of Vertigo. I just looked at their website and they're only publishing 4 comics in August. And in September, there are only 2 comics scheduled.

With all that said, what do you think are worth reading of the newer titles that they've released these past few years? I bought paperbacks of FBP, Coffin Hill, and Hinterkind but have yet to read them.
>>
>>93651491
>With the success of the Young Animal line
What success? The books are selling like shit, which is a huge bummer, but it's the truth.
>>
>>93651531
Well, they're all critically acclaimed and the paperbacks are selling okay so I think that's pretty much a success whereas DC wouldn't even try to make Vertigo work.
>>
>>93651491
they just announced a new mature superhero line because vertigo is dead
>>
>>93651667
Yeah. Just sad that an era is now over. Which makes me want to read their last few books to see if some of them are still somehow good.
>>
>>93651831
Astro City? Clean Room? Sheriff? I dunno.
>>
>>93653120
Looks like Astro City is the only one that's still going strong. Peter Milligan also had a couple of new Vertigo books like Nameless and New Romancer.
>>
>>93654053
New Romancer had cute artwork. Still sad that it's ended.
>>
>>93654916
Any other good ones? I want to try Effigy since Marley Zarcone is the artist for that and I like her art in Shade.
>>
>>93651531
Everybody and their mother knew that YA wouldn't sell Batman numbers, so stop spouting this meme and go back to your epic Superman crossover.
>>
Vertigo slowly died when WB took over right? With how it handles it's properties and what ever WB says, goes? Or am I way out the ball park

>>93656060
Hell yeah it gonna be epic
>>
Are the YA comics any good or is it just millennial sjw garbage? Been curious about Doom Patrol but I'm scared it's just going to be "lol so randum" Humor
>>
Is Doom Patrol on hiatus? For how long?

I've not read the last few issues, cos I picked up the first Grant Morrison TPB.
>>
>>93656265
Depends on what comics you enjoy I guess. I'm following DP, Shade and Bug and I find them enjoyable.

I wouldn't say it's sjw but they definitely have that hipster youth energy going for them.
>>
>>93656265
They're all amazing
Mother Panic is the weakest because it doesn't really feel like it's got something to say quite yet
Doom Patrol has HxH tier haitus
Cave Carson isn't for everybody
Shade the Changing Girl is one of the best books on the shelves from any publisher
>>
>>93656365
Oh right, Bug. I forgot Forager existed there for a second, it's great too. Very bizarre, very Kirby, very Silver Age.
>>
>>93656265
>> millennial sjw garbage
>>"lol so randum" Humor

I think you might be part of the problem if you non-ironically talk like this. I get what you're implying, but you sound like a fucking moron.

To answer you question, the humor is irreverant, and there have been little to no buzzwords or diversity inclusions.
>>
>>93651491
>With the success of the Young Animal line
what success are you talking about?
>>
File: take a look at my penis.jpg (48KB, 447x179px) Image search: [Google]
take a look at my penis.jpg
48KB, 447x179px
>>93654916
It was hilarious
>>
>>93654053
New Romancer sucked balls, too. Red Thorn got less and less interesting the more it continued, sadly the same for Survivor's Club.
Jacked was fantastic though.
>>
DC are launching a Mature Readers superhero line headed by Mark Doyle, so Vertigo is now more redundant than ever before. It's definitely on its last legs as an imprint.

>>93656272
2-3 months I think, to let Derington catch his breath. It's the only YA book that will be doing that according to Way.
>>
>>93659204
>DC are launching a Mature Readers superhero
Is it the dark matter?
>>
>>93659259
Not sure, didn't see that actual announcement til you mentioned it. Don't think DC have formally announced the Mature Readers line yet
>>
>>93651491
>With the success of the Young Animal line, it seems like DC is losing interest of Vertigo.

The first statement is false.
The second statement is true, but it doesn't follow from the first statement.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.