[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SummerTime Memories Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8524.png (436KB, 642x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8524.png
436KB, 642x475px
Since that Summer in full swing, I think it'd be interesting to ask if you guys have any favorite Summer memories relating to comics and cartoons? Like being specifically hyped for a certain cartoon premiering or have a summer tradition that you did every year as a child? Bonus points if it involves the CN City Summer era.
>>
Also here's some bumpers to set the mood: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHgcpY1lFtg
>>
>>93642649
I remember Nick had those beach promo where different nick characters would hang out.
>>
>>93642691
Man, I didn't have CN as a kid, but one year I happened to stay at my grandmother's for a week and managed to get a week amount of summer '05 programming.

I couldn't wrap my head around the scheduling either (I was stuck with Nick for my whole TV life), it seemed like each day had a completely randomized scheduling and they had a bottomless supply of different shows to air.
>>
Not really as a kid for this one, but summer 2010 was the motherfucking summer of Toy Story for me.
I was 12, and ultra hyped for Toy Story 3.I bought a shitload of Toy Story figures from flea markets and garage sales that summer, and played all of the video games via emulators. I must have watched Toy Story 1 and 2 about 20 times each that summer, along with all of the bonus features.
That year, my birthday present was going to see Toy Story 3, and it was the most excited I ever was for a movie. It met every expectation I had, and was the most incredible experience I ever had in a theatre, the only time I've ever been glad that it was packed. Grown adults crying left and right, it was amazing to see how effective it was.
Looking back, I see how much of an antisocial loser I was at the time, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
>>
Man, this was a fun summer. Not for any of the CN originals, but for watching re-dubbed, uncut DBZ every night before Adult Swim started.
>>
>>93644088
You must be 18 to post here.
>>
>>93644692
>12 in 2010
He's 19 now anon. I know, I fucking know.
>>
>>93644692

>12 in 2010
>7 years later is somehow still under 18
>>
>>93644692
You must know basic math to post here.
>>
>>93642649
Man, the music...
>>
File: 93371._UY459_SS459_.jpg (49KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
93371._UY459_SS459_.jpg
49KB, 459x459px
Summer of 2003, my mom took me to the library and they had the first large-print volume of Akira in stock as part of their initiative to provide some of that mangu all the kids were clamoring for. I got it and a How to Draw Anime and Video Game Characters book out. Sean Paul's "Get Busy" was being played basically on repeat on the radio at the time, so to this day I associate it with Akira (and specifically the motorcycle battle parts).

>Shake dat ting Miss Annabella shake dat ting Miss Donna Donna
>>
>>93646086
>comics & cartoons
>>
>>93647122
>Akira is not a comic
Anyway this is the closest thing to summer /co/ nostalgia that I've got without digging deep into the archives to find whatever one-off Disney comic I read during my family's Big Roadtrip when I was 7.

Plus I was hoping that people would find the music/content juxtaposition amusing if not endearing.
>>
>>93647208
Akira is not a western comic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.