[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archie Sonic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: GHZ.png (20KB, 313x219px) Image search: [Google]
GHZ.png
20KB, 313x219px
Discussion about Archie's Sonic now that it's pretty much over?

(Bunnie x Antoine best couple)
>>
The fanbase's tendency to group things instead of forming their own opinions and the resultant lack of appreciation of many early issues is a bummer.
>>
Definitely, though the REALLY early issues were pretty lackluster and I found that they praised Sonic waaay too much. Luckily the writing got better before they even reached issue 10

>>93639919
>>
The Dark Egg Legion/Egg Army was a great idea imo. Eggman having an army of cyborgs under his thumb was entertaining. Just goes to show how well Eggman works when he has minions to interact with who aren't just Snively or Orbot.
>>
Anybody else out there just blindly hoping that the comic isn't actually over?
>>
>>93639939
I can agree that there are some mediocre stories at the start, but overall Gallagher and especially DeCesare's take on the book was pretty interesting because of how they blended classic comic principles with contemporary writing and presentation. And while he wasn't perfect, Manak's art was pretty good and showed a lot of different influences. I know a lot of Sonic fans aren't comic buffs and most of it went over their heads, but it's really interesting.

It's still funny to me that Dave and Angelo paid tribute to Kirby better than Ken despite not even acknowledging that they were doing so.
>>
File: U.jpg (80KB, 1282x618px) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
80KB, 1282x618px
I wanna fly high
>>
>>93640079
Yeah, while the writing wasn't the best, I'd definitely be lying if I said that I didn't have fun reading them.
>>
Also I'd just like to take a moment to say fuck you, Ken Panders.
>>
>>93640129
Sums up the whole series for me.

My faves are divided between the first few years and some of Ian's issues, and more for the artists than the writers in both cases.
>>
Shut up Boco
>>
>>93640202
I'm seeing a lot of people saying Ian's the best writer.

It's nice to know that enjoy the first few years worth of comics more than I can
>>
Going to start a controversial topic here: When do you think the comic was at its peak, and how does it compare to the latest issues?
>>
>>93640286
To me the peak was Flynn's first years. I thought it was fun seeing him bring back old plot threads and giving them a proper conclusion. I also like how most of his early issues were all building up to Enerjak Reborn, which is my favorite saga in the comic. I enjoyed the reboot, but seeing him bring back old game concepts didn't seem quite as fun. They just didn't have the same payoff. That's my main problem with Flynn's writing as the comic went by: he was good at setting up stories, had some good character interactions, but they always kind of draged their feet in the end. He never really matched the big epic conclusion like he did with Enerjak.

My opinion, anyway.
>>
>>93639890
Uk is better.

Archie hella gay.
>>
>>93641863
Go back to your shitty hypercrisis thread.
>>
>>93640286
I was the most hyped right before the Penders lawsuit started to really take its toll on the comic. When Sally was a robot, Antoine was in coma, Bunnie left, Rotor quit the council. All the most important characters were down in the dumps due to the losses they'd gone through, and some of the characters from the sidelines were trying to step up (the secret team formed by that owl, Sally's brother attempting to take a more active role to take back his kingdom, Geoffrey suffering with his conflicting loyalties). I was looking forward to the main cast eventually recovering from their despair and rising up to become heroes again, and I was excited to see where the story was going for all the characters involved. It looked like things were leading towards an amazing climax.

But then the lawsuit and editors started messing with the comic very intensively. Characters got removed out of the story, there were noticeable late speech bubble edits in various issues, the entire "Endangered Species" arc was a clusterfuck, main story was interrupted by random tie-in comics and the Mega Man crossover, and the universe got rebooted which meant wiping out all the subplots that I was invested in.

I've enjoyed the comic after the reboot too, but I can't help being butthurt over losing the resolutions I wanted to see and the stories that could've been. I'd really like to at least get to read Lost Hedgehog Tales, but looks like it's going to be a long wait.
>>
>>93642081
Same here, its been a few years now and I still can't move on.
>>
if I had a gun with two bullets and I were in a room with hitler, pol pot, and penders I would shoot penders twice.
>>
>>93643538
Shooting's too good for him. You have a gun, beat him with it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.