[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... swing and a miss then?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Hulk_1_Guerra_Variant[1].jpg (155KB, 630x956px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk_1_Guerra_Variant[1].jpg
155KB, 630x956px
So...

swing and a miss then?
>>
>>93638414
I really enjoy it. I'll be buying the TPB when it comes out, and I haven't bought a She-Hulk comic since the first Civil War storyline. My girlfriend, who's pretty resistant to comics on the whole, but is an avid manga reader, got hooked on it. There's definitely an audience for it, though I can understand how it could be frustrating or unsatisfying for many of Marvel's regular readers.
>>
>>93638414
>Jen, arguably the most emotionally stable of all the Hulk-adjacent characters, gets PTSD and becomes a rage monster
Pass.
>>
>>93638414
The dialogue is a bit forced at parts and it's definitely written for the trade, but it isn't bad.
>>
>>93638999

There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that it had to be a result of stupid shit happening in Civil War 2.
>>
>>93638414
I loved it
>>
>>93638999
>and becomes a rage monster
it has happened in one of the issues, and it wasn't even that big of a deal then.
>>
>>93638414
A story that could have been told in 3 issues, while it was written for the trade there was not really enough in each section to justify it. It went over the same points, it's just six parts that can be boiled down too
>Jen is worried
>Jen's client is evil and killing people
>Jen is worried about client
>one character is gay
>Last issue she becomes the Ragman.
>>
>>93638414
Visually she looks horrible, the idea is not god awful but the execution fell flat. Sales keep falling. Itll be cancelled soon. Hopefully replaced with a comic that actually feels like SheHulk.
>>
>>93639114
>>one character is gay
How progressive! What is this character's preferred pronouns? This is important information that must be conveyed in dialogue so that readers know how virtuous the writers are.
>>
>>93639121

We already know she's becoming green again and the book is being relabeled She-Hulk with Legacy.

>>93639150

You sound triggered, it's just a dude calling himself super gay.
>>
>>93638414
>Boring
>Way too slow
>Not particularly interesting premise for Jennifer
>Mediocre art

I really don't see the appeal unless you were dying for a PTSD comic with a female lead.
>>
Storytime when?
>>
>>93638414
It was a two issue story stretched out for six.
>>
>>93639372

I'm really surprised at the criticism of the art. The rest of the points you make are all pretty subjective and you're absolutely entitled to your own tastes, but I honestly feel like the visual storytelling is really interesting and compelling. It's rare to see something so effectively moody from a Marvel superhero book which isn't Daredevil, and it suited the tone and needs of the story well.
>>
>>93638414
I liked the slow pace, and it will read a lot better in tpb, but the build-up was not worth the payoff.

as a result >>93639427
got it correct. This is a two-issue story stretched out into a trade paperback.
>>
>>93639498

And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, at least not usually. But we're dealing with Marvel here, and we already know Jen is going back to the status quo in like 2 months, making that very slow burn effectively pointless.
>>
>>93639530
Gotta fill time somehow, until the next major 'permanent' change happens.
>>
>>93639530
>>93639595

I'm not being antagonistic here when I say that I don't really see this as something worthy of criticism per se. I mean, I enjoyed Superior Spider-Man knowing full well that it was temporary and that eventually that story would come to an end and things would get back to normal. I just sort of enjoyed the ride, fully capable of seeing it as a finite work. I look at this the same way. It's a story which will have a beginning and an end, because that's the medium and the innate traits thereof.
>>
>>93639530
If you're doing a slow story, there still has to be enough content each issue to keep you interested or engaged, preferably with some kind of a
overarching hook. Here you knew she was going to hulk out eventually and the boogieman monster became dull by the second issue, plus Jennifer's civilian life was anout as interesting as watching grass grow. So outside of novelty difference to the rest of Marvel's output, there judt was nothing interesting about it
>>
>>93639196
will super gay get his own book??
>>
>>93638414

Compared to the other She Hulk runs this is pretty forgettable at best
>>
>>93638414

I really wanted to like this, but it was just too decompressed. I feel like the story could have fit into two issues, *maybe* three if you wanted plenty of room to breathe, and it would have been better for cutting out the chaff.

Maybe it reads better as a trade, but reading each individual issue, months apart? The big emotional climax falls flat because it you can't even remember the buildup, since it took place over six months and each event was so minor as to be forgettable.
>>
>>93639196
Regardless what will happen the question was related to this book, not the futurr.
>>
>>93640949

It's better than Soule
>>
>>93639121
>>93639372
>complaints about the art

I love Nico Leon's art. It just stings more to see it wasted on this.
>>
I definitely agree with all the decompression complaints, and it's a kinda dumb status quo for her so I'm glad it's getting reverted, but I like the book otherwise.
>>
>>93641159
>it's a kinda dumb status quo for her so I'm glad it's getting reverted

I don't think anyone believed, or even pretended to believe, that this would last forever.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.