[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

`

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 395
Thread images: 49

>>
>>93631743
The fans complained about that the critics complained about the shit plot and direction.
>>
>>93631743
That family could have easily avoided Zod's beam, or Superman could have easily floated up a few feet so they could escape. Shit writing is shit, anon.
>>
>>93631806
Where was this autism when a Batman left Ra's to die in Begins? Or when Batman killed a fuck ton of people in BvS?
>>
>>93631806
Still doesn't solve the problem of having an incredibly powerful and pissed off supersoldier destroying the rest of humanity.
>>
>When you're getting so destroyed in comics, animation, video games, tv and now movies with WW that all you have left is to try and shitpost about a 4-year old movie.
I hope WW gets an Oscar. It'd be the icing on the cake.
>>
>>93631743
>Can't so much as bruise one another
>Suddenly for DRAMA, capable of insta-kill with bare hands.
>>
>>93631826
Batman's no kill rule is fucking stupid.
>>
>>93631743
>its a DC fags still try to argue that bad movies are actually good thread

again
>>
>>93631806

And Superman was going to do what, keep Zod in a headlock for rest of eternity?
>>
>>93631835
Snyderverse Superman intends to kill all of his dangerous superhuman villains.
Another six movies with Luthor then?
>>
>>93631743
Damn...
>>
>>93631826
people did hate that in BvS you just didn't hear as much about it because there is so much more to hate about that movie than just Batman slaughtering people
>>
>>93631826
I mean people also threw a lot of shit at that too anon, Batman has been a murderer in all of his live action portrayals. Mr. Sunday Movies did a Batman kill count video and supposedly Zack Snyder looked at that and said oh it's okay for Batman to kill because he's done it before
>>
>>93631826
>Or when Batman killed a fuck ton of people in BvS?

But you see the autism about that all the fucking time because people can't comprehend it's not meant to be Batman at his best, it's him at his worst, holding by a thread from descending into pure villainy.
>>
File: Krekd.jpg (337KB, 1300x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Krekd.jpg
337KB, 1300x1048px
>>93631861
Zod was filled with despair at the loss of Krypton and everything he held dear.
Superman might have KO'd him, took him somewhere remote and tried to reason with him.

But who am I kidding, Cavillman is a turbo autist who can't talk to people.
>>
>>93631861
Literally hundreds of people have already died as a direct result of Superman and Zod's fight, as confirmed by BvZ, why is Superman suddenly concerned by this one dumb as shit family?
>>
File: Nomansland.webm (3MB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nomansland.webm
3MB, 720x300px
>>93631840
>WW
You mean the generic shit that's only getting nearly the praise it is because of the female lead and 'muh empowerment?'
Just look at this shit
>>
>>93631894
>reason
>with a zealot
There's patience and then there's wasting time.
>>
>>93631909
Yes. And it's going to outgross GotG2's domestic. The posts on that day are going to be incredible.
>>
>>93631879
I love the autism revolving Batman's no-kill ruke. If you know anything about martial arts, you know that one punch KOs basically can give you brain damage, and the type of beatings Batman gives to criminals on a regular basis require them to have massive injuries that could be life threatening. Same thing applies to car crashes with the Batmobile.

But nobody ever brings this up because it's easier to whine about more inane shit that fails to adhere to cartoonish violence rules.
>>
File: BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg (152KB, 2400x1196px) Image search: [Google]
BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg
152KB, 2400x1196px
>>93631887
>Parents murdered in front of him
>Decides to devote his existence to preventing anyone from suffering as he does, brings villains alive to face justice.
--
>He and employees ignore alien invasion warning and go about work as usual
>Employees killed in battle for humanity's survival
>Becomes villainous psychotic bent on killing other vigilantes.

Snyderfags will defend this to the death.
>>
>>93631909
this was a goat scene, although, the slow more irritated me
>>
>>93631907
Probably cause he doesn't want people killed and is trying to save them.
>>
>>93631909
this scene gave me goosebumps
>>
>>93631743
Or maybe Snyder could've shown Superman showing the tiniest bit of concern for all the people in the city.

Show him desperately trying to save people but Zod won't let him. Or every time he tries to save someone Zod starts wrecking even more shit. Show us his desperation, make him fucking PLEAD with Zod to stop or take the fight somewhere else.

But of course Snyder is a fucking hack and would prefer Superman to come off as an uncaring dick so he can have an extra 3 minutes of super cool explosions.
>>
>>93631894
>might've
He just spent like 30 minutes trying to do just that and thought He did only for him to pop back up a ok.
There's nothing really autistic about ending a fight that could kill tons of people rather than continue it in hopes of a long shot solution.
>>
>>93631931
This is a comic book universe where you can use rockets and heavy autocannons and not inflict casualties on bystanders tho.
>>
>>93631955
Maybe he shouldn't have slammed Zod through all those buildings then.
>>
>>93631894

He was barely keeping up with Zod as it is, but somehow he's just going to be able to KO a military man with way more martial arts training? 'kay.

>>93631907
The family is there to remind retards like you that if Zod isn't stopped permanently, people would keep dying. It was a device to indicate there was no other option but to kill him.
>>
>>93631955
He also literally committed genocide against his own people because "krypton had its chance!"
Don't try to terraform Mars or anything to revive your dead race, just fuck those guys.
>>
>>93631907
zod wasn't directly targeting humans UNTIL that scene.

superman only learned of the casualties afterwards.
>>
>>93631966
>Show him desperately trying to save people but Zod won't let him.
Oh you mean like he did in Smallville?
>Or every time he tries to save someone Zod starts wrecking even more shit.
Right, like that scene in Smallville.
>take the fight somewhere else.
So would that play like exactly how it did in the film?
>>
File: 1497121721511.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1497121721511.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>93631990
Yes, slamming Zod through skyscrapers in the middle of downtown Metropolis will clearly not result in any collateral damage.
>>
>>93631959
Well memed
>>
>>93631743
I had no problem with the cities destruction honestly, it was everything else that was dumb. The only thing that bothered was if Zod killing a family is enough for Superman to kill Zod then why didn't Superman just kill him earlier when the entire city was getting raped.
>>
>>93631990
>superman only learned of the casualties afterwards.

>Entire building collapsing
>Huge explosions everywhere
>Have super hearing and vision
>Didn't realize people were getting hurt
So he's a retard?
>>
>>93631826
Were you just not on the internet when Batman Begins came out? I remember Batman fans talking HUGE amounts of shit about that scene. People fucking hated it, they thought it was a betrayal of Batman's character. So where were you?
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>93631983
>He was barely keeping up with Zod as it is,
Zod, Faora and Nam-ek were completely incapable of harming him, as was shown exhaustively
but somehow he's just going to be able to KO a military man with way more martial arts training? 'kay.
Literally what his lab-rat Father does in the film's opening act.
>>
>>93631932
>I'm too stupid to understand a basic character arc in the movie

This is why nobody takes you people seriously.
>>
>>93632022
>So he's a retard?
Let's be honest, it explains pretty much every odd moment in both movies.
>>
>>93631984
>Don't try to terraform Mars
But he can't physically do that.
>>
>>93632028
>Literally what his lab-rat Father does in the film's opening act.
when Jor-El gets the jump on him?
>>
>>93631826
But I'm autistic about both of those things. Also

>Batfags seeing flaws with their Batgod
>>
>>93632018
>>93631972
Do you guys complain when the exact same thing happens in comic books literally all the time?
>>
>>93631909

Are you mad she didn't turn into Mrs Pac-man?
>>
>>93632007
>Oh you mean like he did in Smallville?
Oh, you mean the town Superman took the fight too?
>like that scene in Smallville.
Why the fuck do you keep using Smallville to justify Superman seeming like an uncaring dick in the Metropolis fight?
>So would that play like exactly how it did in the film?
No. I would have Superman begging Zod to take the fight elsewhere. Zod would tell him to get on his knees, Superman would do it. Zod would just start wrecking people/stuff even more since he sees how much the humans mean to him.
>>
>>93632028

You mean when they're just normal people living under the red sun and Jor-el takes them by surprise?
>>
>>93632070
Yeah, I forgot that Jor-El jumped out of the shadows at Zod in a completely peaceful scene where Zod was in no way antagonistic towards him. Thanks for setting the record straight.
>>
>>93631879
>Batman has been a murderer in all of his live action portrayals.

Post yfw you realize the only Batman movie that he doesn't kill in or angst about his parents in is Batman and Robin.
>>
>>93632028
Jor-el knows all the sciences, including the sweet science.
>>
>>93632075
It's just not focused on in the same way in the comics. The focus is much more on Superman being heroic and saving people, and the death and destruction gets minimized. Whereas Snyder seems to want to focus on all the death and destruction while playing down the shining heroism of Superman.
>>
>>93632091

That was also the movie which producers insisted on being turned into a campy Batman 66 style toyetic flick since Forever and the Burton movies were too dark for kids and they wanted to make money.
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (60KB, 294x361px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.jpg
60KB, 294x361px
>>93632084
>>93632070
You fucking retards have headcanon defended this film for so goddamn long you've literally forgotten the actual movie.

They Krypto-Fu fight for almost a minute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDFu9ZZjVqg

Pull your heads out of your goddamn asses.
>>
>>93632078
>Oh, you mean the town Superman took the fight too?
But he didn't, Zod did when he showed up at Smallville.
>>
>>93632054
He didn't even try. He basically aborted thousands of possible Kryptonians to spite Zod.
>>
>>93632131
Honestly, I wouldn't mind B&R so much were it not for the fact that it can't tell if it wants to be a kids movie or an adult movie.

Because I'm pretty sure all of the sex jokes Poison Ivy was quipping every five minutes weren't for the kids.
>>
>>93632028
>Zod, Faora and Nam-ek were completely incapable of harming him,
What are you talking about? Nam-ek and Faora haf him on the ropes the whole time and were in complete control of the fight.
Same deal with Zod, superman was just outmatched.
>>
>>93631887
too true, BvS is the best capeshit
>>
>>93631826
>>93631854
Choosing not to save someone is an effective sidestep around Codes Against Killing. Bruce knows his superhero RPs.

Granted, simply handing someone over to a hero without a Code Against Killing is more effective.
>>
>>93632136
Okay, yeah, this is fucking bad. Doesn't the movie set up the idea that Kryptonians are genetically engineered into castes? If Jor-El is a scientist and Zod is a soldier, how the fuck can Jor-El keep up with him in a fight?

Also, can we talk about how Michael Shannon seems to be acting like some sort of monster in this scene? Like, I know Zod is the villain of the movie, but Shannon seems to have been instructed to act in the most unhinged way possible.
>>
>>93632028
>lab rat Jor-el
Jor-el was man of action, coming from a noble family or warrior and conquerors. He was more like Tom Strong or any other science action hero.
>>
>>93632142
>But he didn't
https://youtu.be/JWmIL4cBFyA?t=54s

They were on the Kent farm. Clark took him directly into Smallville. Killing god knows how many people.
>>
>>93632194
Cause fighting is a science.
>>
>>93631826
Batman fans hated that
>>
>>93631909
If they were going to make it set in the 1910s they could have at least designed her outfit to look like something that would have been designed in the 1910s.
>>
>>93632231
>they were on the kent farm
Yeah, in Smallville. Zod was already in Smallville so therefore the claim that Superman brought the fight to smallville is a false one.
>>
>>93632242
I don't understand why this movie wasn't set in WWII. It clearly wanted to be.
>>
>>93632242
her costume wasn't designed in the 1910s but in Themyscria.
>>
>>93632256
>Zod was already in Smallville so therefore the claim that Superman brought the fight to smallville is a false one
Are you fucking serious? I really hope you're just baiting otherwise you should seriously be tested.

The Kent farm was miles outside of the town proper. Clark took him into the town itself where countless people lost their lives. They were nowhere near the fucking town until Clark took him into it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (77KB, 1090x700px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
77KB, 1090x700px
>>93631743
Reminder
>>
>>93632231
Seems to me Superman finished the fight in Smallville.
>>
>>93632263
>It clearly wanted to be.

Because of ze germans? Come on, bro.
>>
>>93631887
>this is horrible, i've been doing this for years and gotham's crime has only gotten worse and now the joker has killed robin (even though this is something that had to be confirmed outside of the film's story because writing is hard)
>let's see, how can i possibly make things worse and more challenging on myself
>i know, i'll start killing criminals so that when they die their family members will try to take revenge on me, essentially creating a generation of evil batmans set out to oppose me
>oh but wait, i can't kill the marketable characters with 4 or 6 movie deals in the future, i guess i'll let the joker live even though i've forgone my no kill rule and have abandoned my psychotic obsession with keeping criminals alive in the vain hope that they could be saved and rehabilitated and killing the joker would actually be beneficial to me and gotham as a whole, nah, killing nameless goons for the sake of "cool" action scenes is better
>you know what i'll let killer croc live too. he's not marketable, but he's not gonna do anything
snyderfags will defend this
>>
File: stop replying retard.jpg (73KB, 938x378px) Image search: [Google]
stop replying retard.jpg
73KB, 938x378px
>superman fighting inside a city is bad
>but it's okay when Pacific Rim robots did it two months later
>>
>>93632174
>Nam-ek and Faora haf him on the ropes the whole time and were in complete control of the fight.
So you don't remember that fight either?
You HAVE seen Man of Steel, right?

Supes and the two of them fight to a stalemate, with no one injured, til Faora eats a missile and their scout ship shows up to beat a retreat.
>>
>>93632296
>The Kent farm was miles outside of the town proper
They're super-fast aliens in a spaceship, miles away from town proper might as well been mere inches away.
>>
>>93632332
Pacific Rim was slow robots fighting literal mindless, building sized monsters. Try again snyderfag
>>
>>93632332
That's a totally different movie
>>
>>93632325
>Well I don't have a real argument so I'll just act obtuse and write shit that has no relation to the movie
>>
>>93632332
>Next I'll use Godzilla to defend MoS
>>
>>93632325
I thought he retired and only came back because Superman.
>>
>>93632345
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

What does their speed and spaceships have to do with Clark willfully taking the fight into the town?
>>
>>93632231
Literally drags Zod to a populated area for a brawl
>>
>>93632337
>So you don't remember that fight either?
I do, it was a very good fight scene.
>Supes and the two of them fight to a stalemate
But this is blatantly wrong, Nam-ek and Faora tagteam him then superman briefly got rid of nam-ek, got beat up by Faora and then Nam-ek came back knocking Superman down with a train.
>THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE
>YOUR VERISON IN THE INCORRECT VERISON
>BY ALL MEANS, POST A LINK TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE FIGHT SCENE SO YOU CAN PROVE YOURSELF WRONG
>>
>>93632332
remember when pacific rim made a point to show that citizens had been evacuated to underground bunkers to protect themselves from kaiju attacks. of all the movies you could have chosen, you picked that one? the movie where kaiju attacks had been happening for years and humanity had means to defend themselves against the attacks and protect its citizens? what about star trek into darkness? where the giant fucking starship crashes into a heavily populated city and likely kills hundreds of thousands of people and it's completely glossed over. not even the sequel makes time to mention it, nope, gotta have kirk rock out to the beastie boys again.
>>93632367
>i don't have a counter argument to what i don't even consider to be a real argument with any credibility so i won't even try to dispute it because i'm to intelligent for that
>>
>>93632379
The arguemt is that he brought Zod to smallville with the implication thatbhe brought the fight to smallville but it's the other way around.
>superman didn't bring the fight to smallville
>the fight went to smallville looking for Superman
>>
File: Batfleck3.jpg (70KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck3.jpg
70KB, 852x479px
>>93632375
The idea of a Batman who retires to live peacefully in the better parts of a city still troubled by crime is Goyer's worst contribution to the mythos.
And really, that is saying a lot, as much pure shit as he's tainted it with.
>>
>>93632263
because people would think it's a captain america rip-off.

same problem why we can't have an decent armored dr. doom.

people will think "they ripped off darth vader!"
>>
>>93632478

He didn't retire peacefully. He's miserable, lost almost all faith in his activities doing any good because crime is like weeds. He's semi-suicidal throughout BvS.
>>
>>93632459
Missourifag here, you've clearly never been to Kansas (or Missouri).
Smallville style communities are small blocks of town in the midst of miles and miles of fields, as is actually shown in them movie (and the linked video). Superman plows Zod through miles of empty crop fields, blasts him through a huge silo (to no effect of course) and then through an inhabited Gas Station before dropping him in the only real population center for miles.
>>
>>93632459
Did you watch the fucking video? Superman LITERALLY punched Zod into the middle of the town (killing everyone that was at the gas station)
>the fight went to smallville looking for Superman
Because that's where Superman was after punching Zod there.

Are you seriously fucking arguing this? This is how far Snyderfags have fallen.

>None of them are anywhere near the town proper
>Superman gets angry
>Superman literally punches Zod into the middle of town
>Zod leaves and Faora and the others fight Superman in the town
It's objectively true that Superman took the fight to Smallville. I-It honestly baffles me how you're even attempting to argue what is right there.
>>
File: Affleck Dogma.jpg (32KB, 415x260px) Image search: [Google]
Affleck Dogma.jpg
32KB, 415x260px
>>93632519
>He didn't retire peacefully. He's miserable,
THAT'S WHY HE'S THE FUCKING BAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. No shit you can't "beat" crime as a concept.
>He's semi-suicidal throughout BvS.
Muh Headcanon
>>
>>93632552
Don't underestimate their HEADCANONS
>>
>>93632537
I'm saying that Zod didn't bring an alien war ship and his two best soldiers to Kansas just to search a farmhouse, it's pretty clear that Zod was just gonna Raze a couple cities just to prove he could and he was gonna start with Kal-el's home.
>>
>>93632585
>t's pretty clear that Zod was just gonna Raze a couple cities
Muh Headcanons!
>>
>>93632585
Like the other anon said, you have clearly never been to Kansas or any other midwestern state. We have a joke that the town I live in is the 3rd largest city in the state, right behind the capitol and the fucking field next to us.
>>
>>93632579
It's simple logic, Superman didn't bring the fight to Smallville cause guess what? Zod was already looking for him. We already know at this point in the film that Zod was planning to kill humanity.
Ergo
>Superman didn't bring the fight to smallville.
>>
>>93632607
You know how planes go really fast right anon? Spaceships go even faster and considering this was a spaceship from an advanced alien race it was probably really fast so no it doesn't matter if Kansas is a big state guess the spaceship can cover that area in seconds.
>>
>>93632607
Yep.
I've been to Plano, IL where Smallville was filmed.
It's a little town of 10,000 or so, and you have to drive 30 minutes on the highway past fields to get to a decent sized city.
>>
>>93632571

His crusade against Batman is basically suicide by Superman. That's what his talk in the wrecked Wayne Manor is all about. He's older than his parents were when they died and he feels he hasn't achieved anything in life. Showing humanity Superman isn't invincible is basically his way of leaving behind a legacy with some meaning, he was fully ready to die in the fight since he wasn't sure how effective his Kryptonite weapons would be.
>>
File: 1496502339978.png (488KB, 751x679px) Image search: [Google]
1496502339978.png
488KB, 751x679px
>>93632662
Then why didn't he raise every town with lasers *on the way* to kidnapping his mom? You're an idiot, anon.
>>
>>93632607
Bitch I'm from texas, Kansas is as big a as my front yard.
>>
>>93632662
They weren't randomly buzzing Kansas.
They came to Clark's house for the Codex thing.
They threatened Mom for the pods location, got pissed that it wasn't there, broke her roof, and Clark shows up.
At that point they have no other interest than getting the thing from Clark.
It's Clark that autistically diverts them into the nearest town. He could have stopped plowing the ground with Zod at any point between his Mom's property and the town, but only stopped when he was destroying the town.
>>
>>93632700
I grew up in Texas, fuck off.
>>
>>93632678
And that's only if you drive NE, any other direction it's fields for ages.
>>
>>93632713
>They came to Clark's house for the Codex thing.
But by that point they knew the Codex was inside Clark, didn't they?
>>
File: super-retard.jpg (28KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
super-retard.jpg
28KB, 499x376px
>>93632686
>His crusade against Batman is basically suicide by Superman
>>
>>93632700
>>93632607
>Oh I'm from the midwest
dwest you guys just don't know how big kansas is
>>93632678
Takes me an hour to get from dallas to a suburb in dallas.
>>
>>93632737
No, Zod has Faora look inside the pod for it.
Hey It's Goyer gibberish, don't ask me to defend it.
>>
>>93632714
>I grew up in texas
Where at?
>>
Tone matters.
You could have Superman kill a thousand people but the tone has to make it triumphant rather than a tragedy. The act never mattered to anyone but the most literally minded autistic; the presentation is where the buck stops for anyone whose brain hasn't been rotted by /tv/ memes.
>>
>>93631861
Just until he got sleepy
>>
>>93632751
That's the point. Their confrontation starts on a farm miles from the nearest town, and there's only a town in that one direction.
And Clark drags the battle directly into that one town.
>>
>>93631854
How so? Batman works with the police. Jim Gordon would pull support in a second if Batman were a murderer.
>>
>>93632769
You can cause someone to go unconscious by squeezing their neck arteries for a few seconds. Superman is supposed to be super intelligent. Snyderfags are fucking trash
>>
>>93632018
>Yes, slamming Zod through skyscrapers
That did not fucking happen.
Not one single fucking time did Superman punch/push to throw Zod into a building in Metropolis, worst thing Clark did was drag his face through some windows as a spontaneous reaction to being punched into the building opposite.

Here is the fight, I DEFY YOU, to prove me wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSjBNf4x3DE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_rpFGiX_gU

The drag through windows in the 2nd vid at 0:34
>>
>>93632781
Because at this point Batman is responsible for every life the Joker takes, because the police have proved to be utterly incompetent when it comes to dealing with him.
>>
>>93632309
STOP BRING THIS UP REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>93632768
Oh, boy, now I get to quote Mr. Plinkett:

>Tone is how a movie feels. Movies are either like comedies or dramas or action movies or thrillers, but if you wave around the tone, you don't know what it is and your brain starts to hurt. Typically you should establish what your movie is in the first ten minutes or so. Take Ghostbusters. They establish their characters: they're witty and funny, and the audience gets that this movie is going to be some kind of lighthearted comedy thing with ghosts in it. There isn't a violent rape on a pinball machine in the first ten minutes of Ghostbusters, nor is there a pie-in-the-face gag in the opening of Citizen Kane.
>>
>>93632784
What about that gas station Superman explicitly dragged Zod through? No workers inside that day?
>>
>>93632782
You can kill a person like that, that's why I'm against this idea. Shit is too impressionable for people to think that a chokehold is non-lethal.
>>
>>93632737
Apparently not, Faora rips it open and reports back to Zod that "the codex is not there".
The first thing Zod asks Martha about is the pod.
They clearly believe to that point that the Codex is in his pod.
>>
>>93632793
It would be perfectly legal for the state to execute Joker or the US to declare him a terrorist and ship him off to Guantanamo instead of the world's most corrupt mental health facility.

But all that's out of Batman's hands. He's already operating outside the law and if he goes any further he loses his most reliable ally.
>>
>>93631894
>Superman might have KO'd him
If the fuck ton of Punches he landed on Zod didn't knock him unconscious I seriously fucking doubt Clark was capable of doing so.
>>
>>93632794
>No one cared about my post
>I know, I'll respond to it!
Here you go (You)
>>
>>93631907
>Literally hundreds of people have already died as a direct result of Superman and Zod's fight
No from the World Engine, There 1 on 1 fight only destroyed Wayne Tower & a parking garage.
>>
>>93632820
Literally did it to my brother once. It's lethal if you want it to be, a knock out if you don't. Superman is an idiot in this movie.
>>
>>93632830
So they can break necks, but not noses?
Well that makes perfect sense!
>>
>>93632828
So he would rather continue a never ending and ultimately pointless fight against the same criminals over and over, all the while encouraging them to plan bigger and more deadly crimes, just so he can keep sucking the Gotham P.D.'s knob.
>>
>>93631932
>>He and employees ignore alien invasion warning and go about work as usual
Zod didn't state what fucking zip code he was going to float down to you dumb fuck, you think the world is going to just stop going to work?
>>
>>93632782
Someone will say some shit about "it doesn't work on Kryptonians" or even "they don't need to breathe they can even fly in space."
>>
>>93632309
There's a cut scene after this where Superman gives the three of them up to the police, so this doesn't really count
>>
>>93632844
Literally has no recollection of the movie at this point.
This has to be trolling of the highest order.
>>
>>93632781
>Jim Gordon would pull support in a second if Batman were a murderer.

Gordon never had a problem with the by proxy deaths in any other movie. Returns literally has Batman attaching a bomb into one guy and throwing him down the sewer.
>>
>>93632873
Cut scenes are not canon anon.
>>
File: Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg (26KB, 266x350px) Image search: [Google]
Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg
26KB, 266x350px
>>93632868
>you think the world is going to just stop going to work?
Aliens threaten to glass the world in 24 hours.
Yeah, I seriously think the banks would be fucking closed, you mouth-breather.
>>
>>93631966
Doing what your asking would make Clark look like a emotional fucking idiot that has no sense of priorities. If he doesn't stop Zod and the General was serious about killing them all, then 8 Billion people die. ZOD TAKES FUCKING PRIORITY.
>>
>>93632552
>Superman LITERALLY punched Zod into the middle of the town (killing everyone that was at the gas station)
No the dragged him, not punched him, he was looking down at Zod's face the entire flight, he did not see where they were going.
>>
>>93632263
>It clearly wanted to be.
No it fucking didn't. You couldn't do a story with the kind of moral dilemma that was central to the movie's message with a war that has as clear a villain as Hitler.
>>
>>93632890
They literally abandoned the segments the director had filmed for the ending, and had a replacement director make an entirely new ending. for it. Superman II's final act isn't a defense for anything, and irrelevant to this thread in any case.
>>
>>93632918
At the very least, he would have known the direction they were going when they punched through the silos.
Remember, this is where Clark grew up his entire life. Nice gymnastics though.
>>
>>93632919
Yes you fucking could.
>Have Wonder Woman literally kill Hitler.
>The war doesn't stop.
>It's covered up for political reasons.
>Turns out war is hell.
Get the fuck out of here DC fag
>>
>>93632918
>Has super-senses
>Cannot detect the only civilization for 30 miles in any direction.
>>
File: Batman_is_shocked.jpg (32KB, 390x585px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_is_shocked.jpg
32KB, 390x585px
>>93632091
>Batman: Joker and henchmen
>Batman Returns: Penguin and henchmen
>Batman Forever: Two-Face
>Batman Begins: Ra's (indirectly) and all of those assassins (and probably the guy he refused to kill)
>The Dark Knight: Two-Face
>The Dark Knight Returns: Talia
>Batman vs. Superman: Henchmen

Shit, it checks out.
>>
>>93632874
Watch the start of the 1st video here - >>93632784
All that destruction around them has happened before they threw one single punch in the city limits.

Plenty of buildings were damaged in the fight after that but only Wayne Tower & the parking garage were leveled.
>>
File: mos.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mos.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>
>>93632900
>Zod would've killed more people than even exist in the time it takes Clark to yell at civilians to run to safety
That's Snyderfags for you.
>>
>>93632943
> In blind rage at the only loved one he has left being threatened...
> Moving as fast as a fucking fighter jet...

And his senses aren't active 247, its made crystal clear he suppresses them when he is not actively choosing to use them.
>>
>>93632900
>ZOD TAKES FUCKING PRIORITY.
No shit. But Superman still could've shown some fucking concern for the people dying all around them.

Do you fags actually want Superman to be an emotionless "for the greater good" robot?
>>
>>93632975
>this gave the doctor time to open the portal to the phantom zone

>what prison could have held him?

Gee, I dunno
>>
>>93633022
Would have helped if Superman didn't have a scene of him kissing Lois while standing on the ashes of the ruined city.
>>
>>93632978
No I am saying he would kill billions IF Clark fails to stop him.
And breaking off from the fight would give Zod openings at Clark or other civilians. Zod can kill the human race by hand, this is not a fucking game, not keeping Zod's focus on him and only him after his genocidal threat would be negligent on a level unseen in human history.
>>
>>93632632
Using that simple logic it was actually Jor-El that took the fight to Smallville. Or maybe it was Johnathon Kent's because he chose to live in Smallville AND adopt Clark.
>>
>>93633022
Like I said. Literal minded autistics.
They look at the final tally and go HE SAVED A GORILLION PEOPLE and that's all they care about. And to be fair yeah, Clark did save the world. Poorly, and from a problem that only exist because of him. But it's technically correct, and that's the best kind of correct for shallow pedants.
>>
>>93633022
>But Superman still could've shown some fucking concern for the people dying all around them.
And he would get other people killed by doing so.
Look at the parking garage explosion, he looks back up in horror at his mistake in letting the truck slide by him and Zod INSTANTLY speed punches the shit out of him.
For all Clark knew Zod could have blitz attacked 30 civilians in the same amount of time.
>>
>>93633056
Yeah and it's still stupid.
Especially since Zod never pulls away to kill a civilian in all those times he tosses Clark through shit.
>he doesn't because he's focused on Clark!
then why the fuck should I believe he's some rabid animal trying to kill civvies that don't even seem to exist until the time runs out and we get a stock family to be threatened.
You can keep trying to force it but I'm going to go the path of least resistance and just say the movie sucked and Snyder can't do final acts.
>It stinks
Is a far more eloquent explanation and doesn't take four years and a thousand treatises on kino to justify itself.
>>
>>93633022
>But Superman still could've shown some fucking concern for the people dying all around them.

Stop invincible opponent, I must perform a cheesy internal monologue to appease autistic comic fans to speak about my feelings and concern for civilian life around us and thus this battle has to go on a momentary timeout.
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>93632784
My favorite part of the second video is the scene of Lois watching the debris and the two Kryptonians falling back to Earth from space, and they are clear on the other side of a Metropolis that's been structurally ravaged for blocks from where she's standing.

They fight for about 60 seconds before Lois has managed to cross the entire fucking city to get to the station.
>>
>>93633061
>Poorly
No not at all. No one could have done better under the same circumstances of having to be in 2 places at once.
>and from a problem that only exist because of him
No Zod was going to all the outpost, he would have made his way to earth at some point regardless.
>>
Just go watch a Roland Emmerich movie and leave Superman out of it next time. That's clearly what you dipshits want.
>>
>>93633101
>Especially since Zod never pulls away to kill a civilian in all those times he tosses Clark through shit.

He was going to kill humanity out of spite. Clark he wanted to kill because Clark just took his reason for existing (preserving Krypton) away from him. Of course he's going to focus on wrecking Clark first, since it's more personal for him.
>>
>>93633124
>No one could have done better under the same circumstances of having to be in 2 places at once.
Wonder Woman could've.
>No Zod was going to all the outpost, he would have made his way to earth at some point regardless.
Nice headcanon. Mine states he was flying in the complete opposite direction and would've died of old age before coming across Earth.
>>
>>93633101
It doesn't matter if Clark believes it or not.
It matters that its too big a apocalyptic risk to take chances like a negligent fucking bastard.
>>
>>93633133
>He was going to kill humanity out of spite.
Unrelated to the rest of the conversation, but worth noting that he was going to do that because Superman committed genocide against the kryptonians.
>>
>>93633133
You can't spite the dead.
It'd make more sense for him to go after civilians so Clark has to see his world die Zod did.
...Wait I just read what I typed. "it'd make more sense'. That's why they didn't do it that way. Never mind. Carry on.
>>
>>93633156
>Wonder Woman could've.
So she can duplicate her self to be in the Indian Ocean & Metropolis at the same time?
And in Metropolis before she even found out that Zod's ship had come to settle over it?
>>
>>93633158
>It doesn't matter if Clark believes it or not.
Never said anything about Clark's mindset but then again injecting new ideas into stuff you're reading is all you Snyderfags are capable of doing.
It's fucking headcanon hypercrisis. Not content to strawman the movie with fanficcy bullshit, you do it to everyone's criticisms as well.
>>
>>93633159
Well before that, he was going to alter Earth's gravity and atmosphere to get rid of their inconvenient God powers and to wipe out all the food, entertainment and helpless slaves, so they could start dirt-farming in shit while raising 10,000 infants on their own.
>>
>>93633187
Wonder Woman was fortunate enough to avoid being written into such a stupid Goyer Story in the first place.
>>
>>93633159
No he didn't, those kryptonians weren't even fetuses, more like eggs waiting for sperm.
>>
>>93633187
No, but she'd probably be smart enough to stop the world engine that's directly over a major city instead of fucking off to take care of the one that's just blasting a bunch of water.
>>
>>93633197
I mean, surely Zod the meathead soldier was going to succeed at the very thing thousands of dedicated colonists failed at catastrophically.

Maybe Kryptonians have a baseline 60 IQ.
>>
File: 1OA9NOW.jpg (3MB, 1613x5943px) Image search: [Google]
1OA9NOW.jpg
3MB, 1613x5943px
Oh and reminder Clark did try & take the fight out of Smallville you blind pathetic fucks.
>>
File: 1498454414543.png (39KB, 296x389px) Image search: [Google]
1498454414543.png
39KB, 296x389px
>>93633214
"KRYPTON HAD IT'S CHANCE!"
Sure anon, sure.
>>
>>93633103
Halt. I am Superbot. Using my advanced emotion recognition software I have determined that I must eliminate all threats. Now, kiss me.
>>
>>93633221
>"Welp, that's enough death and destruction for the old home town!"
>>
>>93633220
Zod wasn't meant to be a rational bad guy, he was an extremist fundamentalist.
>>
>>93633099
Which is it with you Snyderfags?

Is Superman an inexperienced rookie on his first day at the job or actually a tactical genius that can bury his feelings and act only for the greater good? You need to get your fucking stories straight because he can't be both.
>>
>>93633218
1 - The Scientist on board the Black Zero said "we are now slave to the world engine" implying that the primary part of the process is with the World Engine and not them.
2 - The World Engine was already active and blasting before they came up with the plan.
3 - The Black Zero has 20 Kryptonian soldiers Clark would have to fight through before he could destroy it. (which considering how much trouble he had with just 2 in Smallville, he could not win) The World Engine does not.
4 - The Air force is in range of the Metropolis ship not the other one while Clark is.
>>
>>93633268
All soldiers are extremists, they are willing to die for a cause without question.
He wasn't a "fundamentalist" at all, he wanted to upturn their ancient traditions from the start.
He WAS a complete idiot though.
>>
File: F17t9sq.jpg (354KB, 1600x2024px) Image search: [Google]
F17t9sq.jpg
354KB, 1600x2024px
>>93633221
Oh and Metropolis also.
>>
>>93633221
>it's ok that he got a bunch of people killed by taking the fight to Smallville in the first place cos part way during the fight he tried to take it back out of the town
You sure showed us.
>>
>>93633314
>basically the edge of town
You know, aside from all those other buildings that clearly stretch on for miles after it.
>>
>>93633278
You don't fucking need to be a genius of any fucking thing to know you can't break off in the middle of a 1 on 1 fight with a being who can kill the planet, move faster then a bullet & expect him to just float around and let you.
>>
>>93633314
>The red line is basically the edge of town
So he's about to push Zod through the map boundary and into the unpopulated CGI backdrop?
Because that pic shows miles of buildings.
>>
>>93633333
Keyword DOWNTOWN.
There is plenty of civilization beyond that point but no skyscrapers.
>>
>>93633315
>>it's ok that he got a bunch of people killed by taking the fight to Smallville
Yes there is not a single fucking thing wrong with him accidentally doing so in a desperate blind rage to save his mothers life.
>>
>>93633337
Zod can't "kill the planet", his lieutenants and Superman himself get donked around by Warthogs, Faora even gets KO'ed by one.

This isn't "Destroy a solar system with a sneeze" Superman.
>>
>>93633099
>And he would get other people killed by doing so.
Then fucking show us that. Show us that Clark being a naive, inexperienced hero that desperate wants to save people actually ends up getting more people killed in this "real world".

At least then he would have shown that he cares.

Instead he just have this fanfiction headcanon that you Snyderfags have come up with where Superman can't show any emotion or spare a single thought for the little people or Zod will actually kill everyone in an instant.

Fucking autists the lot of you.
>>
>>93633338
>Because that pic shows miles of buildings.
Not skycrapers.
>>
>>93632864
>logic
>in comics
You're gonna give yourself an aneurysm m8.
>>
>>93633352
It's not like they have a maximum fight ceiling of 100'.
They fought most of their battle on the ground, and once they could fly, they could have fought it thousands of feet in the air.
The skyscrapers were just a nuisance to them, after all.
>>
>>93633352
So the lives of people living downtown don't matter?
>>
>>93633388
It doesn't help that Golden Age Batman was 100% cool with killing bad guys.
>>
>>93633386
So?
Buildings were only getting destroyed because Zod and Clark were both using them as weapons.
>>
>>93633399
I would be okay with people in downtown NYC or San Francisco dying, because they're a cancer on this country.
>>
>>93633415
Yeah they don't contribute to productive shitposting like you at all!
>>
>>93632781
Batman's no-kill rule is actually just a no-executions rule.

All the physical trauma he inflicts on criminals is enough to kill them, either immediately or in the long-term.
>>
>>93633337
How about he just act like an actual person and show some......ANY concern for all the people that're dying around him? Let alone the greatest superhero of all time.

But no, him not showing any emotions for the literal thousands he can hear dying is actually totally super deep.

Hell, the only emotion he shows all fight is when he has to kill Zod. Apparently Zod's life was more important to him than the thousands of dead innocents.
>>
>>93631909
There is nothing wrong with feminist propaganda in today's films. DC just happens to be good at making empowered skrong female movies
>>
File: 1434325324.png (18KB, 254x274px) Image search: [Google]
1434325324.png
18KB, 254x274px
>>93633426
>Implying anything in life matters
>>
>>93633446

How should he show his emotions? Cry as he's fighting? Act hysteric? SMILE?
>>
>>93633463
He flipped his shit when he thought his mother was in danger, but was cool with kissing his girlfriend on the ashes and bones of the people of metropolis immediately after killing the last surviving member of his species.
>>
File: Everything is Fine.png (2MB, 1285x797px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Fine.png
2MB, 1285x797px
>>93633446
>>
File: RCO004_1469349910.jpg (1MB, 2064x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO004_1469349910.jpg
1MB, 2064x1600px
>>93633369
>Zod can't "kill the planet"
Read pic related from JMS's Supreme Power, That Hyperion was on par with this version of Superman/Zod.

>Faora even gets KO'ed by one.
In combination with being overwhelmed by her senses being exposed to the environment.

Clark took a nuke.
>>
>>93633492

The kiss was one of those "oh wow we just barely made it out of that dangerous situation with our lives" full of adrenaline things.
>>
>>93633399
What are you talking about?
The image is him taking Zod OUT of Downtown.
>>
File: 1496255890147.jpg (63KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
1496255890147.jpg
63KB, 750x499px
>>93633519
My god, at this point I'm just having fun seeing what hoops you'll jump through to justify your retarded beliefs. Please, keep giving me a reason not to go to sleep, this shit is too gold.
>>
>>93633509
"Whew, now I don't have to talk in front of a group!"
>>
>>93633412
> So?
Are you fucking brain damaged?
Clark was trying to get Zod away from the buildings to prevent such.
>>
>>93633538

That sort of thing is literally a trope in adventure stories.
>>
>>93633555
Name 3.
>>
>>93631743
>Grab Zod
>instead of throwing him through several buildings fly him to less populated area.
>>
>>93633446
There was never any point for him to take in the destruction around him.
He emerges from the scout ship, he flies straight up to save Lois and is almost torn apart atom by atom in the black hole.
Him and Lois float down and immediately embrace after such a traumatic event, Zod emerges and the fight begins.
>>
>>93633555
Man of Steel isn't an adventure story.
It's the tale of one Autist's struggle to overcome his difficulty with people, and then to beat down his psychotic extended family.
>>
>>93633463
By desperately trying to save people, by begging Zod to stop and/or offer to take the fight elsewhere. Then show us that it kills him but he can't even try to help anyone anymore because everytime he did Zod directly attacks people.

You get the exact same result except Superman doesn't come off as an uncaring robot.
>>
>>93633509
>people literally burning to death around him
>waaaaaa why does everything go wrong for poor old me waaaaaa
>>
>>93633593
>torn apart atom by atom in the black hole.

It's a portal to the Phantom Zone, a black hole would have obliterated Metropolis (and Lois).
Can you NOT keep your Headcanon out of this?
>>
>>93633492
>>93633519
>>93633538
The atoms were literally peeling off Clark's face for fuck's sake.
They were shaking as they embraced, it wasn't out of romance it was out of desperate need for comfort and stability.
>>
>>93633616
It really looks more like "Man, I am NEVER getting this smell out of my costume".
>>
>>93633538
I honestly thought Snyderfags couldn't get any more pathetic. This thread has shown me I was wrong.

The lengths they'll go to do defend literally every aspect is legitimately fascinating. Has anyone done any kind of scientific study on this type of rabid defensive behavior?
>>
>>93633583
>>instead of throwing him through several buildings
ONCE AGAIN - >>93632784
>fly him to less populated area.
- >>93633314
>>
>>93633626
>The atoms were literally peeling off Clark's face for fuck's sake
It was some blurry dimensional weird effect.
Lois was at every point much, much closer to it and suffered zero damage.
>>
>>93633622
>It's a portal to the Phantom Zone
I know what it fucking is. It behaves the same way as a black hole except it's not stable and will close eventually.
>>
>>93632784
>a spontaneous reaction
lel.
>>
>>93633676
>It behaves the same way as a black hole
Muh HEADCANON
>>
>>93633593
Have him punch Zod away, about to follow but he hears screams tries to save them but Zod throws a car at them.

Have him hear a building full of people collapsing and rush away from Zod to try and save it. Have Zod knock down two more buildings.

There were tonnes of times it could've been done and that's only within Snyder's fight the way it went down. Obviously changes could be made to the fight to present him with opportunities to at least ATTEMPT to save people,
>>
>>93633646
>The lengths they'll go to do defend literally every aspect is legitimately fascinating
No I won't defend the abrupt time skip. They absolutely should have had a montage of Clark rescuing people after slaying Zod to lead into the drone scene.

It's less about defending the film and more defending the character in the context of the story as I deeply sympathize with & am inspired by him. He is Superman who has actual limits & no easy way outs and such has been a dream of mine for years before Mos.
>>
>>93633695
The weirdest contrast is between the fight shown in MoS and BvS.
In MoS it's dark as fuck, the "Wayne Building" is shown to be empty inside.
In BvS it's daylight as fuck and the "Wayne Building" is crammed full of workers.
>>
>>93633715
Are you a teenager anon? Because I have a hard time believing an adult could sympathize with the man-child superman we got in this movie.
>>
>>93633693
Are you fucking blind? Explain how a black hole would differ in visual representation?
Would it not suck everything near it into itself and tear it apart?
>>
>>93633715
>It's less about defending the film and more defending the character
That's completely retarded. No one is railing on Superman comics or cartoons, many of us are fans of both. You are specifically defending Snyder's Man of Autism.
Stop being a fucking retarded shill for Snyder, we don't care about your reasons.
>>
>>93633749
>Explain how a black hole would differ in visual representation?
Um, it would not glow with blue light? Being as it sucks in light? And it sucked small bits of debris into itself from street level.

It's generic CGI sucking portal from a hundred different Sci-Fi and Fantasy films. In this one it's specificially a hole to Phantom Subspace.
>>
>>93633732
25, He isn't even remotely a man child.
He chose to be a fly on the wall recluse, because he validly feared society would fuck shit up at the revelation of his existence. He sacrificed having friendships & a consistent social life for the greater good.
Being conflicted & depressed doesn't make you immature.
>>
>>93633794
>fly on the wall
>recluse
At least learn what terms mean before you pitch them about.
>>
>>93633794
I am both conflicted and depressed, and I think this Superman is a fucking idiot. If nothing else, choosing to not save your father figure in order to preserve your secret among a group of people who are in the middle of a catastrophe and who's eye witness testimony will not be reliable is fucking idiotic, as is the fact that Clark didn't go rescue the dog instead of his mortal as fuck father. The only person dumber than Superman in this movie is Pa Kent.
>>
>>93633794
>because he validly feared society would fuck shit up at the revelation of his existence
>validly
They didn't even "fuck shit up" at the revelation that an alien warship was promising to glass the planet.
>>
>>93633822
No one is shown "fucking shit up" in BvS either.
>>
>>93631861
How about chuck him into the Phantom Zone, like THE SCRIPT ORIGINALLY CALLED FOR BEFORE SNYDER DECIDED TO BE POINTLESSLY EDGY?
>>
>>93633840
Snyder fought the advice of a number of smarter people for his Edge Moment tho.
>>
>>93633752
>You are specifically defending Snyder's Man of Autism.
Because normal Superman is a mary sue that can get out of anything with no weight or consequences of any fucking kind.
Snyder's Superman was specifically created to be a humanized Superman with limitations. And you refuse to approach him from that stand point, you tear him apart for not doing things that are blatantly impossible in the more realistic setting of this universe.

Your judging the film by a measure of grading that it was made for the specific purpose of avoiding.
>>
>>93633855
>Because normal Superman is a mary sue that can get out of anything with no weight or consequences of any fucking kind.
For a Mary Sue, he sure managed to have a couple decades worth of comics and 4 other movies before Ol' Man Snyder got to him.
>>
>>93633855
>Snyder's Superman was specifically created to be a humanized Superman with limitations.
So your favorite Superman movie is Superman Returns then?
>>
>>93633855
>Because normal Superman is a mary sue that can get out of anything with no weight or consequences of any fucking kind.
Ah, so you aren't a fan of Superman at all. But a Snyderkino faggot as you were first accused.

Can you not tell a consistent story post-to-post?
>>
>>93633813
>as is the fact that Clark didn't go rescue the dog instead of his mortal as fuck father
Saving Martha & the Girl is a more important use of his powers then the dog.
>>
>>93633875
HE CAN DO BOTH. HE'S FUCKING SUPERMAN.
>>
>>93633822
Weather it happens or not is irrelevant, its about the fact that this Superman is not a naive fucking child and actually considers and worries about the consequences of his actions.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>93633875
>Literally has time to stand their mawping like a Retard while his Dad waves him off, Martha and the other being already safe with the others.
>>
File: amazing-batmans-funny-photos-15.jpg (41KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
amazing-batmans-funny-photos-15.jpg
41KB, 467x700px
>>93633875
>Saving Martha
>>
>>93633889
>this Superman is not a naive fucking child
He literally runs to an "adult" every time he has to make a decision regarding his life.
>>
>>93633873
>Ah, so you aren't a fan of Superman at all
I can be a fan of him and still be critical of tropes writers place on him that causes themselves to walk on eggs shells around him like cowards.
>>
File: 1497240917058.png (969KB, 1077x1652px) Image search: [Google]
1497240917058.png
969KB, 1077x1652px
>>93633925
>>
>>93633899
That was a result of the scene being horribly paced direction wise which Is what makes it the worst scene in the film. That doesn't meant the intent doesn't work.
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214KB, 1263x850px) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214KB, 1263x850px
>>93633925
>I can be a fan of him and still hold the tropes and conventions that defined the character in contempt

No, you literally cannot, you sad, sorry waste of breath.
>>
>>93633941
Superman is almost as fast as the Flash.
>>
>>93633941
>That was a result of the scene being horribly paced direction wise
At least we can agree the Director is horrible.
>>
>>93633931
How is this different then some people being sick of say...
> Cap fights ANOTHER Super Soldier rip off.
> Black Widow has to take care of ANOTHER red room agent.
Superman resolving everything flawlessly gets old after a while man.
>>
>>93633695
>There were tonnes of times it could've been done and that's only within Snyder's fight the way it went down. Obviously changes could be made to the fight to present him with opportunities to at least ATTEMPT to save people,

That would totally fuck up the pacing.

The great thing about MoS is how it denies people comfort. That's what the Man of Murder meme is about. Like this insistence that Superman should be shown to CARE more and TRY more underlines that people care more about the comforting appearance of the action rather than what's really happening.
>>
>>93633045
https://youtu.be/ZAX-y018pcY
>>
>>93633931
>>93633944
Fuck you guys, it's not illegal to have a different interpretation of Superman. Why is anything different from the image in your respective heads so sacrilegious?
>>
>>93633974
I'm honestly getting tired of people like you who don't understand the very base concept of Superman. It's 3am where I'm at and I'm a little drunk, and I cannot be bothered to explain to you how fucking wrong you are anymore.
>>
>>93633974
>Superman resolving everything flawlessly gets old after a while man.
What's "a while"?
The 59th year?
And saving the day with his glorious bullshit god-powers is the entire damn point of the character.
>>
>>93633944
> Never being challenged or having to struggle and strive to accomplish good.
> Incapable of failing or making mistakes.

> Defining character traits
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>93633986
Perfect
>>
>>93633997
Oh no, if you're oh so knowledgeable then please.
>>
>>93633945
Not the point, the scene should have been directed so Pa Kent got to his feet at the exact same moment Clark got everyone to the overpass and so he would HAVE to use his Superspeed as it is it seems like he could have just strolled over there.
>>
File: Hancock.jpg (60KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hancock.jpg
60KB, 404x600px
>>93633988
>Why is anything different from the image in your respective heads so sacrilegious?
Because if you are going to make Superman an emotionally damaged creep who haphazardly destroys shit around him like he doesn't care, you DON'T CALL IT SUPERMAN YOU MAKE AN OC MOVIE THAT RIPS OFF SUPERMAN.

Because that's what you are specifically doing, making a not--Superman movie.
>>
>>93633957
No the direction for the rest of the film was phenomenal, this scene was just way too drawn out and over dramatic.
>>
>>93634014
That IS the point, it should have been no problem for him to zip over to everyone who needed saving and get them underneath the bridge (which in real life is the worst place to be in case of a tornado, but we've established Snyder is fucking stupid) before anyone even realize it was Clark doing it.
>>
>>93634014
Dude, the point of the scene was that John forbid it. Clark not saving him was due to respect to his father.
>>
>>93634003
>Are you fucking serious?
>>93634003
It's clear you've barely been exposed to Superman material that isn't Snyderkino.
Painfully clear.
>>
>>93631826
Because Batman Begins was well written. Good movies don't inspire you to question every little thing that happened in them
>>
>>93634026
"No Invincible Son, I am suiciding myself out of this shitty movie while I'm still respected as an actor. Please don't try to stop me."
>>
File: 1496426914892.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496426914892.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>93634033
>>
>>93634033
>No Invincible Son, I don't want to endanger you and your secret at my expense. Your fate is far too important. I love you, son.
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>93634026
So if your Mother was going to stay in her burning house because all of her belongings were in there, you'd stand in the yard because she "forbade me to rescue her"?
>>
>>93633314
Metropolis is right next to the fucking ocean. Why didn't he just punch him in that direction?
>>
>>93633997
>I'm honestly getting tired of people like you who don't understand the very base concept of Superman
The base concept is he saves people & brings hope.
Being realistically handled so that he can't just basically snap his fingers and everything is fine does not diminish that.

A character who rises above his flaws and the flaws around him to accomplish incredible things is inherently more inspiring then someone who can accomplish incredible things as easily as giving out candy.
>>
>>93634058
Are you saying you don't respect your mothers final wish?
>>
>>93634057
God knows how badly he would have been endangered by some wind. Or his incredible secret of miraculously surviving a Tornado just like hundreds of midwesterners do every single year.
Nah, it's just pathetic.
>>
>>93633999
>What's "a while"?
5 movies of it.
>>
>>93634089
If you save her it's not her final wish, now is it?
>>
File: Joker.jpg (48KB, 467x427px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
48KB, 467x427px
>>93634089
Is that a yes?
>>
>>93634069
Bro, it was a fight. He clearly did not have the time to think any of this out.
>>
>>93631887
And you can't comprehend that you don't come back from this. You can't say he's killed a ton of people but that's all in the past, now he's better.
>>
Does it bother anyone else that Zod was able to achieve in like 5 minutes what it took Clark a lifetime of living on earth to achieve power-wise? Even if you want to argue Zod is just that badass a soldier, he should still be weak as fuck compared to Superman, who's absorbed our sun radiation for 20 damn years.
>>
>>93634018
>an emotionally damaged
Being shy & reserved isn't emotional damage.
>who haphazardly destroys shit around him like he doesn't care
Didn't happen.

>>93634025
So you want preposterous cartoon physics?
>>
>>93634130
>So you want preposterous cartoon physics?
In a Superhero movie? Yeah, a little bit. That's kinda the fucking point of having superheroes in a movie.
>>
File: Luthor.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>93634093
Superman the Movie is more highly regarded than any other Superman film ever made.
Superman II sold more tickets domestically than either MoS or BvS.
Superman III and IV were the kind of garbage WB is known to make when they are in the milking-phase of a franchise.

Superman Returns was rejected by audiences for the same mopey autism that is in MoS, which SHOULD have been a warning, but there you have it.

Also, Superman loses his happy marriage and is forced to mind-wipe Lois in the final scenes, so I'd hardly call that a consequence free victory.
>>
>>93632781
Raz did tons of fucked up shit nobody would care than he had an "accident" at the last moment.

He might get shut down if he started snapping the necks of every thug he took out punisher style

that said he probably knocked out tons of guys teeth and severely retarded their future careers
>>
>>93631909
>it is because of the female lead and 'muh empowerment
More because it's the first time in 4 movies you got a hero who genuinely wants to save people. Not because she thinks she has to but because she wants to.
>>
>>93634149
*of Superman II
Superman does not get a happy ending in the least in Superman II
>>
>>93634018
>Because if you are going to make Superman an emotionally damaged creep who haphazardly destroys shit around him like he doesn't care
It's amazing how you can demonize a Superman movie having more depth than a piece of driftwood. Being melancholy about your situation as an Alien on Earth makes you a creep? Also, haphazardly destroying everything around him? I'm going to assume you were so buttmad about Superman not having trunks that you didn't notice Zod and friends beating up the planet.
>>
>>93634164
THIS
She's the first DCEU hero who's a hero for reasons besides emotional damage.
>>
>>93634027
>It's clear you've barely been exposed to Superman material that isn't Snyderkino.
I have read/watched...
-90% of the new 52.
-Rebirth.
-All 3 volumes of Earth 1.
-Most of Tas.
-Reeves 1 & 2, Returns.
-Wrath of Gog.
-Kingdom Come.
-Whats so funny about truth, justice and the -American Way.
-Several arcs of the Superman/Batman book pre-new 52.
-Death of Superman
-Red Son.
-Lex Luthor - Man of Steel
Among other things.
Mainly I am calling out the mary sue-ishness of the Reeves version more then the comic version.
>>
File: two guns.jpg (121KB, 628x451px) Image search: [Google]
two guns.jpg
121KB, 628x451px
>>93634174
>It's amazing how you can demonize a Superman movie having more depth than a piece of driftwood.
>Killing people and being sad makes a movie deep
>>
File: 12d.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>93634185
So you're just a retard then, got it.
>>
File: Syndrome.jpg (4KB, 247x163px) Image search: [Google]
Syndrome.jpg
4KB, 247x163px
>>93634174
>a Superman movie having more depth than a piece of driftwood.
And now the IT WAS TOO DEEP FOR YOU begins.

Goddamn you are predictable.
>>
>>93634186
Okay, you are just being completely irrational.
>>
>>93634192
Yes, yes he is.
>>
File: 1496361153177.jpg (44KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496361153177.jpg
44KB, 720x720px
>>93634200
>>
>>93634200
No, your willful obtuseness is just driving everyone to frustration.
>>
File: hey there.jpg (59KB, 614x767px) Image search: [Google]
hey there.jpg
59KB, 614x767px
>>93634217
>>
File: Faora_Hu-Ul.jpg (79KB, 675x960px) Image search: [Google]
Faora_Hu-Ul.jpg
79KB, 675x960px
God, how long is Man of Steel going to haunt this board.

Without these contentions people keep dragging back out it's such an unremarkable film. The kryptonian designs are ugly. Good actors give mediocre performances and have forgettable interactions. The story drags in so many places and the last half hour is basically indistinguishable from a Michael Bay Transformers film.

The only thing that hasn't dulled into a distant memory is Faora.
>>
>>93634126
YES YOU CAN.
He killed guilty evil people to save lives. That is not morally wrong and it sure as fuck is not irredeemable.

Most questionable kills he made were in the car chase and even then they were shooting a fucking mini gun at him, that makes it self defense.
>>
>>93634149
He wasn't forced to do shit.
The argument of being Superman or being with Lois RUINED fucking Superman 2 and made him seem 50 fucking times as selfish as Dceu Clark.
Plus there was no fucking reason he couldn't do both.
>>
>>93634225
>>93634206
Stop circlejerking anytime, friend.
>>
File: Batfleck.jpg (52KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck.jpg
52KB, 1023x681px
>>93634232
>and even then they were shooting a fucking mini gun at him, that makes it self defense.
He pulled behind their convoy in a heavily armored assault vehicle.
With the clear intention of ambushing them in a remote location.
Then he started murdering them from the safety of his bullet-impervious assault vehicle.
>>
>>93634164
>More because it's the first time in 4 movies you got a hero who genuinely wants to save people
If Clark didn't want to save people he would not have argued with his dad about saving the Bus.
He would not have been impatient with Pa's rules right before the tornado scene.
He would not have been smiling when saving the Mexican girl.
>>
>>93634092

Yeah, a family who hides a big secret would totally want to take the risk of media exposure. And the rumors about Clark, given how he as a younger kid was also surrounded by similar weird events.

Do you understand anything about context?
>>
>>93634264
stop sniffling anytime, buddy.
>>
>>93634126
>And you can't comprehend that you don't come back from this.

Um, there's this thing called a redemption. Maybe you've heard of it?
>>
>>93634192
Will you please just fucking explain what I am supposedly missing and how my criticism of him doing everything perfectly is inaccurate.
Please?
>>
>>93634276
There were no cameras at the Tornado anon.
At most he would have to contend with "That Kent boy threw his father to the ground, and when the Tornado passed both were miraculously unharmed! Praise Jesus!"
Which is EXACTLY what happened every other time.
>>
>>93634266

Yes, well done, you've seen the movie. Now will you stop and understand that his actions aren't meant to be entirely ok? He's acting way too brutally and that's part of his fucking character arc, he's going too far with his methods.
>>
>>93634230
>The kryptonian designs are ugly
No they are fucking gorgeous & artful.
>and the last half hour is basically indistinguishable from a Michael Bay Transformers film.
Not even close, the action is actually filmed well, we had over a hour of non action before hand the get to know and care about the characters so the fights have weight.
>>
>>93634299

And they don't want that attention. Because it makes people talk about Clark and it attracts loonies who make Clark into an angel. All of which endangers his secret.
>>
>>93634296
Superman Movie: has to use the forbidden Redo move because he done fucked up and Lois is kill
Superman II: loses to the villain, has to trick them as the last resort, ends up losing his marriage to the bad replacement director's shit-ending
Superman III: gets hammered in a bar, trashes it, has a psychotic episode and fights his own evil side
Superman IV: Admittedly pretty mary-sue in a movie so badly written he has Wall-Rebuild-Vision.
>>
>>93634313
I was contesting the self defense, which was a garbage argument.
Can you not follow posts?
>>
>>93634357
>has to use the forbidden Redo move
This is my main point. This should NEVER ever even be a option. Superman should have to deal with real stakes that there is no way around or do overs.
>>
File: Pa and Clark.jpg (67KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
Pa and Clark.jpg
67KB, 618x331px
>>93634325
>And they don't want that attention. Because it makes people talk about Clark and it attracts loonies who make Clark into an angel. All of which endangers his secret.

These are the same people who chose not to homeschool him and sent him to freak out with powers in grade school.

The same people who mailed off a piece of alien technology to a University scientist.
>>
>>93634375
>Superman should have to deal with real stakes that there is no way around or do overs.
He says unironically about a character in the DC Constant Reboot Universe.
>>
File: superman-movie-poster.jpg (168KB, 630x799px) Image search: [Google]
superman-movie-poster.jpg
168KB, 630x799px
>>93634375
That wasn't the point of the movie

It was, quite literally, a simpler time, which helps make it timeless
>>
>>93634406
The entire mythos of Superman is the truimph of Alien Might combined with Simple Values over Villainy.

Snyder and Goyer injected their edgy autist-pandering muck into it, and now it's up to Whedon to redeem it.
>>
>>93633855
I'll take things casuals that've never actually read a comic in their lives say for 100 please.
>>
>>93634380
Thank God scientist man couldn't care less about reporting or just learning more about the discovery of a new, alien metal
>>
>>93633985
>That would totally fuck up the pacing.
As opposed to having him make out on the ashes of thousands?
>>
>>93634428
No, he just sent Pa a letter that read "LOL, not even on the periodic table, wtf" and forgot about it.
>>
>>93634406
>That wasn't the point of the movie
>It was, quite literally, a simpler time
Which I am perfectly willing to accept if you would be willing to accept that the point of the Dceu is the opposite.
I am not trying to reject the classics, I am asking for BOTH to be considered valid versions. No different then Earth One is just as Valid as pre-new 52 or new 52 or pre Crisis.
>>
>>93634441
You would have probably lost the "He's Hot" scene and shit.
>>
>>93633986
Love it.
>>
>>93634450
>I am not trying to reject the classics
No you are expressing a deep contempt for them.
Repeatedly.
>>
>>93634420
See - >>93634185
>>
File: 1400135586762.gif (162KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
1400135586762.gif
162KB, 200x187px
>>93633986
>>
>>93634462
See - >>93634192
>>
>>93634428

Jonathan could have just said it was from a small meteor he found.
>>
Why are Snyderfags obsessed with pushing the narrative that if you don't like his shitty, mopey, uncaring Superman than you must therefore by default want the Silver Age, perfect, boy-scout Reeve version?

Literally the only people in this thread that have mentioned that type of Superman is you faggots. But I suppose a straw man is all you have.
>>
>>93634458
NO, I am expressing a deep contempt for the idea that the aspect I am critical of is inherently required in a Superman adaption and it makes or breaks weather it's a good film/comic regardless of it having no relation to the film making quality.
>>
File: Strange.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Strange.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>93634450
>Which I am perfectly willing to accept IF
We are not here to bargain with you.
>>
>>93634450
And what i want you to be willing to accept is that "the opposite" is being written and thought out poorly and the fact that is different doesn't make it automatically praise worthy
>>
>>93634491
I have no problem with Snyder making cynical Homelander or Ultraman or whatever movies.
I ask that he no longer make cynical, autistic and pointlessly violent superhero movies and tack Superman's logo onto them.
>>
>>93634485
...a perfectly carved meteor? But even then, that's still a discovery
>>
>>93634516
>Now I have to come up with a meteor!
>>
>>93634487

Because the complaints also come down to "S-Superman should save everyone and smile and hug people and bake an apple pie while saluting the flag and wear his boxers over his pants"
>>
>>93634516
He sent them the data key.
It was an obviously crafted piece of alien metal.
It should have caused a major shitstorm when the University guy realized it wasn't made of any known element, as was said in the movie.

But again, Goyer is as bad a hack as Snyder.
>>
>>93634516

A minuscule discovery since the source could not be determined.
>I found a thing
>This is amazing, where did you find it?
>Here, but that small piece is all I found, it's just dirt for miles
>Well that's weird.
>>
>>93634524
>S-Superman should save everyone and smile and hug people and bake an apple pie while saluting the flag and wear his boxers over his pants"
Strawmen, errywhere.
Just go to sleep.
>>
>>93634474
Regardless of weather or not he is a Mary sue in the previous comics or films.
The fact remains you people are demanding he be such.
>>93634487
>than you must therefore by default want the Silver Age, perfect, boy-scout Reeve version?
Because you refuse to give him ANY lee way, you refuse to acknowledge that he has limited options, you refuse to acknowledge that staying focused on Zod was the absolute right thing to do in order to saving millions upon millions of lives.
Your being critical of every single aspect of this version of the character which can only fucking lead us the conclusion that you won't accept any change to the character at all.
>>
>>93634552
If you found a manufactured relic made of shit that's not even on the periodic table, they'd excavate everywhere you found it for MILES.
>>
File: Marv.jpg (39KB, 343x326px) Image search: [Google]
Marv.jpg
39KB, 343x326px
>>93634558
>you refuse to acknowledge that staying focused on Zod was the absolute right thing to do in order to saving millions upon millions of lives.
We are arguing that it was a shitty story that should never have existed.
Stop discussing it like it was a real event that happened years ago..

It was a badly crafted, badly told story about a bad interpretation of a fictional character.
>>
>>93634567

And find nothing since Jonathan had hidden the ship on his farm. Nobody would think
>Well hey, maybe this small kid the farmer has is secretly an alien being
Or that they should go snooping around every nook and cranny of his farm, especially if Pa was smart enough to say he found it far away from his place.
>>
>>93634605
Regardless, they'd spend a fortune and years looking for more Alien Technology.
>>93634605
>especially if Pa was smart enough
This is the man who sent a piece of spaceship he was hiding to a college in the first place.
>>
>>93634510
>I have no problem with Snyder making cynical Homelander or Ultraman or whatever movies.
Good then you should be perfectly fine with the Dceu version as he is a billion fucking light years from those characters.

HOW IN THE FUCK do you people jump from...
> a version of Superman who gave up his life to preserve society, saved billions of people 2 times in Mos and 1 time in Bvs resulting in his willing sacrifice
> To the homelander a cannibal child rapist.
And you have the fucking audacity to ask were I get this strawman - >>93634487
from.
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>93631743
Having an in-story excuse for pointless fighting doesn't make it interesting.
>>
>>93634617
>To the homelander a cannibal child rapist.

That was his psychotic clone, if you read comics.
>>
>>93634617
>as he is a billion fucking light years from those characters.
As well as comic book Superman.
He's Goyer and Snyder's OC using the Superman brand. And I don't care for it.
>>
>>93634558
Dude, these movies are poorly made. MoS' third act is mindless destruction porn with no deeper end to it, the way they handled it again in BvS is proof of it, the fact that people think the fight is miserable is accidental and not intentional

You think of in-movie logic and sense, I'm speaking of real life intentions and tone. Nobody cares that Supes saved "millions upon millions" because that's just a cold fucking statistic which transpires maybe pragmatism but not heroics. The fucking Daily Planet staff was there forced to save each other alone for fuck's sake. The human element is completely missing in that fight, and i mean in general not just as civvies, since the most human thing present is, ironically, Zod which kept screaming his feelings and intentions out loud because writing while Supes is just an always perfectly clean peace of wood
>>
>>93634657
>MoS' third act is mindless destruction porn
1 - No it's executed with intention all the way through there is nothing random or mindless about it like Bayformers.
2 - Not porn, its not glorifying or trying to make the destruction "badass" it's horrifying and was meant to be.
>which transpires maybe pragmatism
WHICH IS THE POINT.
Some of us desperately want a Superman who cares enough to worry more about the big picture then keeping blood off his hands.
> but not heroics
Nothing un-heroic whatsoever about making the hard choice that will save the most amount of people.
>The fucking Daily Planet staff was there forced to save each other alone for fuck's sake
Which made for a fucking fantastic inspiring scene.
>>
>>93634616

With very little risk, since he could claim he just found it.

>Regardless, they'd spend a fortune and years looking for more Alien Technology.

And? They wouldn't find anything and Jonathan could always just lead them on a wild goosechase. Clark would remain safe and he had buried the ship away so there was no real risk of exposure from somebody digging up all around Kansas hoping to find more weird alloys since eventually they'd just stop due to not finding anything.
>>
>>93632190
Not saving someone when you have all the capabilities to is leaving them to die, which is murder lite.
>>
>>93633429
In fiction, secondary and longterm injuries don't happen unless the writer wants them to.
>>
>>93632263
The time shift to WWI was actually ingenious, I wish the film had done more with it.
>>
>>93634524
>Because the complaints also come down to "S-Superman should save everyone and smile and hug people and bake an apple pie while saluting the flag and wear his boxers over his pants"
>>93634558
>Because you refuse to give him ANY lee way, you refuse to acknowledge that he has limited options
All I've fucking said all thread is that Snyder shouldn't have had him take Zod into Smallville and that he should've shown SOME fucking concern for all the people dying around him in Metropolis.

It honestly fucking baffles me how you turn those two things that wouldn't change the overall plot at all into me asking for boy-scout Superman. You people are fucking insane.

At least I smile in the comfort of knowing Snyder will never get his grubby mitts on Superman again. I hope Snyder makes him quip constantly, smile his ass off and TRIGGER WARNING FOR SNYDERFAGS talk to people and be happy.
>>
>>93634657
>MoS' third act is mindless destruction porn
It really fucking is. The camera just lingers and lingers on all the buildings collapsing and stuff exploding. Snyder really got his rocks off there.
>>
>>93634745
>its not glorifying or trying to make the destruction "badass"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: mgs-5-big-boss.png (283KB, 736x378px) Image search: [Google]
mgs-5-big-boss.png
283KB, 736x378px
He comes to Gotham & sets up outer heaven in the harbor

>takes down & consolidates all the other gangs
>slaps batman's shit 1v1 to the point he has to call in the league to take him down

Prove me wrong
Pro tip, you can't
>>
>>93632891
You don't know banks.
>>
>>93634657
>MoS' third act is mindless destruction porn with no deeper end to it

It's depicting what a superhero fight would realistically look like. Rather than "oh no, the street cracked a little and one taxy got flipped upside down!"
>>
>>93636267
"Realistic"
>>
>>93631909
Huh, I thought that movie was supposed to be great, but that looks terrible.
>>
File: 1477398674736.jpg (39KB, 636x651px) Image search: [Google]
1477398674736.jpg
39KB, 636x651px
Holy shit, is there a group on earth with a bigger victim complex than the DCEU fans?
Everyday with this shit.
>>93631826
Because it was a good movie.
>>
>>93631743
remember the moment the flew up in space and destroyed the Wayne satellite then flew back down. Only to be 12 block down where they were previously fighting with satellite debris flying down with them as seen in 2 movies.

If superman were fighting him in redecent from orbit
How the fuck they landed back in metropolis.

The fucking space shuttle has to make a millions precise calculation to land back the runway.
With the force superman fighting zod at they would definitly not land back smack dab in metropolis.

Hence the complaint in the pic, he had the opportunity to push him out of the city in decent.

>DCcucks will then argue, it was his first fight he didnt know.
>>
>>93634524
Superman should save people with a fearless smile.
>>
File: bulma-044.png (207KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bulma-044.png
207KB, 500x281px
>>93631743
Worked for Goku.

Nah but I agree it was a silly complaint.
>>
>>93631909
This movie would have been better if they got rid of a lot of the Snyder style action and color filter
>>
>>93631743
You know when they fly up to space and - miraculously, because even though there's a lot of artificial satellites now, finding one directly at random, especially one larger than a human body, is next to impossible - then they fall/fly back down to earth?

In the time that it takes - measured as a minimum period as shown on-screen, meaning they couldn't have fallen faster - the earth rotated. Since a satellite that size has to be at a minimum 160km/99miles up to stop its orbit from decaying, and since they're gone (from the point of leaving Metropolis to the point of re-arriving there) about 18 seconds, Metropolis is about 0.0246402° East of where it was when they left when they reach the satellite (to say nothing of Earth's rotation around the sun and assuming they're incapable of completely escaping Earth's gravity - treating flight as a leap within planetary gravity rather than zero-point energy expression).

0.0246402° is about 274km/170miles at the equator; up at Metropolis it's probably more like 251km/156miles.

By the time they strike ground again - assuming they just go straight up and straight down and they don't deliberately aim for it, which would require both of them to agree on the destination - Metropolis should be over 300 miles away. The fact is, even assuming they're both willing or are forced by limitations on their powers to aim for the ground at all (which then makes that, rather than space, the most likely destination), there's no real reason for them ever to return to Metropolis. No city on Earth has a footprint of 500km/300miles in any direction.

Superman wanted those people to die.
>>
>>93631826
I don't have an issue with Batman killing when necessary. I hate it when he uses guns. I think it robs him of personality when he doesn't have an adverse reaction to guns.
>>
File: SCIENCE!.jpg (91KB, 780x487px) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE!.jpg
91KB, 780x487px
>>93637039
>>
>>93631743
I mean it works on Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>93632891
Kek, it was the financial building of an international corporation. They have to work with China, Japan, Australia, etc the other side of the world
>>
>>93632937
Or, Diana can't enter Europe, fight in China and Asia, befriend local Jap families, get nuked anyway.
>>
>>93631743
Synder already lost a daughter and quit the DCEU and you still won't let him go

Open your hearts to Whedon and let the healing begin
>>
>>93635264
It's not destruction porn, by definition destruction porn is shallow. MoS doesn't pretend there's not consequences and bvs is all about said consequences.

Destruction porn would be the battle of new york. Snyder did a great job making people feel bad about how fucked up and violent the destruction of a city can be.
>>
>>93631743

>dcskwad

When does the purge begin?
>>
>>93631909
I hate how this movie got lauded as something fantastic, when there were so many glaring flaws like:
Gal's acting, the shitty color filtering, the fucktarded way it was shot and edited, the JUST score that took me completely out of the movie on several occasions. That's not even mentioning everything in the movie that tickled my history 'tism.
>>
>>93631743
Metropolis sits right by the ocean. It would not have been hard to have the fight end up out there rather than in the city.
>>
>>93631826
>Where was this autism when a Batman left Ra's to die in Begins?

Plenty of people were pissed off about that. It's just that Begins had the good sense to otherwise be a decent movie, something that MoS forgot.

>Or when Batman killed a fuck ton of people in BvS?

There are a HUGE amount of complaints about that.
>>
>>93631806
Also, why did Superman snap Zod's neck in the direction of the family?
>>
>>93634089
If she was clearly not in her right mind for ignoring any attempt at self-preservation? Especially if it didn't serve any purpose? What do you think poindexter.
>>
>>93637667
Had you ever tried to drag someone you are fighting with outside the bar?
>>
>>93637793
"you wanna take this outside fuckface" usually works. Then one of us gets our shit pushed in, because drunk fights are never smart.
>>
>>93637793
You're still approaching the problem like it's an in-universe problem, rather than a problem with the writing.

The issue isn't that Superman destroyed half of Metropolis fighting Zod and ultimately snapped Zod's neck. The issue is that he was written into this situation in the first place.
>>
>>93637902
It's not a problem. With the writing, the story should serve itself, not pander to fanboys.

The turnado scene is bad writing.
>>
>>93632046

>I can't explain why you're wrong, but if I imply I can, maybe people will think I'm right without doing any work.

Bonus points if you do it again.
Thread posts: 395
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.