[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: TLKLBT.png (656KB, 1145x437px) Image search: [Google]
TLKLBT.png
656KB, 1145x437px
Which one, /co/?
>>
It all tastes like chicken to me.
>>
They both hurt, but we got dying words from littlefoots mom which make things a bit more knife twisting.
>>
>>93626670
The one on the left has worse writing, so dinosaurs.
>>
Probably LBT. I think Littlefoot's mourning hit the hardest.
>>
Bambi (also the better film).
>>
>>93626670
Right, still makes me tear up when I think about it.
>>
>>93626744
But Bambi didn't have his dead parent show up as a cloud, so minus points for him.
>>
>>93626718
Nah. The whole dying words trope is so cliched and convenient. Mufasa not speaking and just dead when Simba sees him is alot more traumatic and gut-wrenching. He's all alone, and his dad is incapable of responding to him.
>>
>>93626826
>his dad is incapable of responding to him.
He did just that in the movie though
>>
File: rf Wolf LOL.png (602KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
rf Wolf LOL.png
602KB, 768x576px
>>93626766
>pic
>>
>>93626885
In the moment of his death, anon.
>>
>>93626766
>that image
>>
>>93626670
LBT

Don't have a dad so Mufasa's death didn't hit home quite as hard
>>
LBT because I was younger at the time
>>
>>93626670

80s era Bluth is about as sad as American kid's cartoons get. Not only because of specific scenes, the whole movies often feel very melancholy.
>>
>>93626994
>Don't have a dad
I have 2, and both kind of suck, so I feel for you.
>>
>>93626994

t. Nigger
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-03-21h26m59s780.png (899KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-03-21h26m59s780.png
899KB, 1280x688px
>>93627204
Don Bluth is a goth at heart, and never realized it.
>>
>>93626670
Mufasa.
>>
>>93627291

Well, I love him deeply. I still think Secret of NIMH is my favorite animated movie.
>>
>>93627416
For me it's a tie between Titan, All Dogs, and Secret of Neemh. I know Don has some bad memories regarding the Titan project and prefers not to think about it now, but that won't stop me from rewatching it about once a year.
>>
>>93627483

Doesn't seem fair that Titan AE did that bad. Seems just a bunch of bad shit running together.
>>
>>93626670
not sure if this is for the entirety of both or just between those scenes, but Land Before Time for both I guess

just maybe sort of feels bleaker or something that Littlefoot's mother's death is a "natural" killing by a predator rather than a calculated murder plot. even with the Sharptooth killing at the end it feels more like just the desire of these characters to stay alive, rather than morality/right. not that either is inherently better or worse but it stands out more for me

think Land Before Time also focused more on Littlefoot's grief in the following scenes, rather than having most of that offscreen followed by a timeskip.
>>
>>93627483

One thing I noticed last time I watched the Lion King is that it is really fast paced. I guess they need to fit the songs in, but they do not dwell at any point in that movie.

Beauty and the Beast was like that for me too. Like scenes were missing it moved so fast.
>>
>>93627256

The majority of this site were raised by single mothers
>>
>>93627541
I think it's just bad luck. Like, it was "destined" to not get made, and yet the people in production went against "destiny" and made it anyway.

One thing I notice never gets mentioned is the orchestral score by Graeme Revell. According to Don Bluth, and himself, he was the one member of the production team who truly loved the movie.
>>
>>93627582

Meant for
>>93627543
>>
>>93627600
Projection, wishful thinking, or actual behind the scenes knowledge?
>>
>>93627603

It wasn't a bad film. Better than most if not all of the 90s Bluth films. Sometimes I feel like Atlantis was Disney imitating Bluth. The art and animation and plot felt closer to that than most Disney films.

It's just tragic that it apparently just ended his career full stop.
>>
>>93626670
TLK. You never get last words with your parents. They most often die and often without you even being there. Simba trying to rouse his dead father is more dramatic as he is aware that Mufasa isn't going to get up, but tries anyway. Then he gets blamed for his father's death by a family member. Pretty rough.
>>
>>93627632
Constant discussion throughout this site on on mothers
>>
>>93626826
I agree with this. The fact that Simba doesn't even get to say goodbye and in fact they barely speak to each other at all leading up to the death makes it much more impactful for me. There's no closure in that moment compared to LF.
>>
>>93627668
It didn't end his career, he just got sick and tired of the machine. He never got full artistic freedom aside from NIMH, the 2 laserdisk games, and arguably Bartok (his team was just having fun). He does not like to show his emotions, and hates complainers, but looking at his life you have to come to the conclusion that working non-stop, often on films he detested, worn him down.
>>
>>93627695
And those many distinct indivuduals you talked to here, do they make up even 5% of this site?
>>
>>93626670
As a kid, Mufasa's death didn't affect me at all, but Littlefoot's mom made me cry like a little bitch. Still makes me weep
>>
>>93627582
>>93627609
yeah, I haven't watched either recently, but it does feel like Lion King has some spots where maybe they could've made more use of the setting for atmosphere. like some scenes are mainly carried on/exist just for the dialogue that goes on there, more or less.

though that could be an unfair comparison since Land Before Time is almost entirely about a journey, so the setting would take priority there
>>
>>93626762
Me too. Watched it the other day and was crying like a baby... while when I was a kid Iwoudlnt even flinch
>>
I must be in the minority where the scenes that got me tearjerking were ones that didn't have characters dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53AP7fGGPoA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6YTXjOwSL8

Even with Harry Potter, Snape's death didn't make me cry, but the part with his memories did.
>>
>>93626670
I am so happy we didnt get the "sadder" original version of lost valley
>>
>>93627763
>He never got full artistic freedom aside from NIMH
What about Dogs Go to Heaven, Rock-a-Doodle, Trolls in Central Park? I thought him having his own company meant he was free to write scripts how he wanted and Bluth was just naturally a stinker of a writer. Was there some distribution company that kept pressuring him and giving him notes and he's actually a pretty damn good writer?
>>
>>93628090
>all those deaths and tragedy
why? what were they thinking? from what dark pit they were writting it?
>>
>>93628215
>>93628090
Elaborate pls
>>
>>93628113
All he had was a legion of top tier animators. He did not have money. He had to beg for it, so all the artists and their families could be fed.

In the case of NIMH, he was given money, and no directions.
>>
>>93628113
Oh, and as a writer he is pretty good, BUT he does not like writing, and has low confidence in his ability to do it. He also works so slow ,he prefers just to have someone else provide the story.
>>
>>93627416
This
>>
>>93628283
All the main characters were supposed to have been implied to be killed and the Great Valley was the Heaven they went to. Pretty heavy right?
>>
>>93628691
That just sounds like the average YouTuber theory video. Any proof that this was an actual concept from the movie's production?
>>
>>93628722
Don Bluth said himself this was false. This rumor came from a lot of scenes being cut from the final movie. http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(Original_Uncut_Version)
>>
>>93628949
>lostmediaarchive
I fucking love that site, they're doing God's work.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.