[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was such an insufferable character allowed to exist on a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: peggy-hill.jpg (131KB, 770x447px) Image search: [Google]
peggy-hill.jpg
131KB, 770x447px
How was such an insufferable character allowed to exist on a show that ran for 12 years?
>>
>>93623064
My favorite moment in this show was her parachute not opening when they went skydiving.

Then the bitch survived, but was at least paralyzed.

Then she just got better. I hate Peggy so much, but a lot of the things done to her end up being funny. Her getting put on trial in Mexico was amazing for kidnapping Lupe.
>>
>>93623064
Because you were supposed to hate her
>>
she's literally the worst character
>>
>>93623064
Because it's a parody show, you moron. Next you're gonna ask me why Beavis and Butthead were so dumb.
>>
>naked episode
>Peggy's butt is conveniently hidden by a bush

Really rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>93623064
Because it was a comedy and derived humor from her character being insufferable. Imagine how fucking bland and awful any media would be with only likeable characters.
>>
she is the villain
>>
Remember that time she almost killed the entire town by telling them to mix bleach and ammonia as a cleaning solution?
>>
>>93623495
This.

She may've been full of herself, but she wasn't a gross, alcoholic slob like Bill, or an adulteress like Nancy, and she used her relationships with those characters to make herself feel superior.

Also, anytime she and Dale had a plot together was hilarious, like the time they got into taxidermy together or worked as Nancy's news crew to cover that forest fire. They're so incredibly asinine that just listening to them out-idiot each other made me laugh harder than any other character dynamic.
>>
>>93623159
I felt that was the beginning of the end for her. The doctor said not to think to hard or it will mess her up even more. All she did was try to remember and the memory plus the anguish of not be able to do anything made her more cynical this she became horrible
>>
>>93623064

Didjn't you just make this topic like an hour ago but with Diane instead of Peggy?
>>
I like Peggy. She reminds me of some women I actually know and like. She is arrogant and dumb, but she isn't a wuss or usually does the right thing.

Sabotaging Lucky's ged test was just evil though. She is a teacher and he wanted to learn. Luanne wasnt going to pick a good man anyway, Lucky was decent at least.
>>
>>93624311
No and Luanne isn't insufferable. She's a moron but had a decent character arc
>>
>>93623869
>that episode where they tried to fake their deaths by crashing Bill's car
>Hmm, it seems Bill needs to get his tires realigned
>*shoots the dummies*
>>
File: 1454558120897.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454558120897.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>93624666
Luanne is a great character and the only reason the show ended is Brittany Murphy dying and they couldnt have the show without her, and Tom Petty as lucky.
>>93623159
This is exactly why Cottons Plot is a great episode though. Two horrible characters who hate each other solving each others problems and making Peggy put up with her weakness and fight it. She comes out still hating Cotton, but the respect they share shows she can grow.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.