[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So an aspect of this matchup that hasn't been covered before:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So an aspect of this matchup that hasn't been covered before:

1. Mjolnir is made from Uru, Neutron Star matter
2. Different types of stars effect Superman's powers differently

So what are the implications of this? Has Superman ever been exposed to a Neutron star? Do they make him weaker or stronger? Do Mjolnir's various enchantments counteract whatever effect stellar matter would ordinarily have on Superman?
>>
>>93617571
Since when does uru = neutron star matter?
>>
>>93617571
1. Uru isnt made from stars it was forged in one
2. Its the radiation that affects Superman
You're a dumbo
>>
>>93617661
>Since when does uru = neutron star matter?
Thor #80? It's possible I'm wrong.

>>93617716
>Uru isnt made from stars it was forged in one
It's been said a couple of ways, but I think in Thor #80 it's made clear that the core of the star was itself the source of the material that made the hammer.

> Its the radiation that affects Superman
Do neutron stars not emit radiation? (ie, neutrons?)

>You're a dumbo
That's not called for, friend
>>
>>93617661
Uru is more likely metallic hydrogen, actually.
>>
>>93617879
>Thor #80? It's possible I'm wrong.
I think Thor 80 says the FORGE of Mjolnir was made from the core of a star (and not a neutron star I don't think). The piece of Uru used to make Mjolnir was already a seriously magical artifact when it was turned into the hammer, used to imprison a cosmic storm-entity by Odin.

>>93618025
I generally like this hypothesis. Not only does metallic hydrogen match the weight and dimensions given for Mjolnir on the 1991 trading card fairly closely, it explains a number of the hammer's weird properties and why it needs the gravity of a star to be formed into a desired shape. Stuff like the immovability is explained by the "Clark's third law" magi-tech. not by the hammer literally having the mass of a star.

Of course metallic hydrogen only forms inside stars anyway (maybe gas giants) so maybe we're picking at nits here.
>>
>>93618385
>Stuff like the immovability is explained by the "Clark's third law" magi-tech.
This is an interesting point. Since Asgardian stuff is explicitly Clarktech and not literal magic, does it still qualify for Superman's magic "weakness" (yes, not a literal weakness, just a lack of resistance, move past the hair splitting).

So for example, people like to point out that Superman can be hurt by Shazam's magic lightning, but Thor's lightning isn't "magic" it's an effect of the hammer acting as a prison for a cosmic storm entity. Superman fights "cosmic" shit all the time without problems, so... ?
>>
>>93618491

It is magic, not tech. The films are the only thing that call it tech.
>>
>>93617879
Neutron stars are made from neutrons they don't emit them
>>
>>93619026
Magic and tech are one in the same when it comes to the Marvel universe. So you have to decide what universal rules you are using.
>>
>>93617571
Mjolnir is also crazy enchanted. He could teleport Superman into the center of a red star if he wanted.
>>
>>93619396

No they aren't. Obviously they effect each other, but they aren't the same
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.