[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kirby vs Henderson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1499097059475.jpg (230KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499097059475.jpg
230KB, 632x960px
A "friend" compared Erica Henderson's art to Jack Kirby's work how should I hurt him?
>>
Has your firend even read anything with Jack Kirby? Comparing stuff to his work seems to be becoming a meme.
>>
Eh. What did they say?

I don't like Henderson, she's shit at making comics, but I find Kirby's art horrific. He only knows story telling better.
>>
File: kirbysuperman02.jpg (65KB, 467x300px) Image search: [Google]
kirbysuperman02.jpg
65KB, 467x300px
Henderson is a perfectly serviceable artist, but her faces are fucking terrible. Kinda like Steve Dillon was he got lazy, now that I think about it. Comparing her to Kirby is a stretch.

It's not like she's Liefeld or anything.
>>
He also said that North & Henderson's Squirrel Girl run will be up there with Lee & Kirby's FF please I want to know hold to handle him
>>
>>93616801
Just laugh it off, dude. People have stupid opinions all the time.

It's your own damn fault for getting hung up on it. Let him be wrong.
>>
>>93616909
Well he does love the wasp, all the shitty Black Panther spin off so his opinion isn't very big anyway
>>
>>93616801
Okay, now your just lying.
Nobody who knows who Jack Kirby is would ever say something that positive about Squirrel Girl.
>>
Could it be that you're a level 33 turbo autismo that can't understand that your friend is joking?
>>
>Really fucking weird sameface, adequate construction elsewhere, relies on a small library of angles.

In that sense, yes, she's very similar. Difference is that Kirby produced a massive body of work and was creative. He's praised for what he conveyed in his paneling, pacing and scale as well as his unique aesthetic, not for drawing people well.

If anything his character art is like Schultz's; an impressive consolidation of the commonalities of the genre into a small visual library that eliminates the need to worry about depicting characters in favor of output and conveyance.
>>
>>93617022
This is all true and it's so bad I've blocked him on Tweet since he kisses the arises of the SJW writers at Marvel
>>
>>93617138
So... there's a person out there whose comic tastes you disagree with.

What exactly is the point of this thread?
>>
>>93616801
Does he read anything else?
>>
>>93616652

I've ways wanted to see Kirby's Clark. This is neat. Any more?

I kind of wish they used this for the cillections.
>>
>>93616909
this man, you wont always agree with friends so fuck it
>>
>>93616511
How does someone even come up with this comparison?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.