/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times when trailers or plot synopses were misleading or outright lied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

Early trailers for The Book of Life made Joaquin look like more of an asshole than he really was.
>>
>>93610361
>Didnt feel like protecting his village unless his childhood crush married him
He was still kind of an asshole
>>
>>93610382
But he was ready to die for Manolo
>>
Entire Brave from Pixar.

Synopsis for Zootopia.
>>
>>93610361
Remember how Sponge Out of Water was 90% live action?

Oh wait, no it wasn't, the trailers only made it seem that way.
>>
>>93610361
Not /co/, but the fact that the trailers for "Bridge to Terebithia" made it seem like an action fantasy adventure a la Chronicles of Narnia despite it being a down to earth coming of age story still ticks me off to this day.
>>
Several trailers for Despicable Me 3 made it look like Gru was going back to villainy, one having Gru outright telling the Minions "We're going back to villainy!", but apart from helping his brother escape the police he didn't really do anything villainous.
>>
>>93610361
Frozen trailers making it seem like Elsa was some wicked witch intentionally freezing the kingdom
>>
>>93611349
The "animal abilities" in Zootopia's trailer never really seemed to come into play outside of Judy hearing the meters and the rams being good at ramming.

Maybe the wolves sniffing and howling I suppose?
>>
>>93610361
He was an asshole, he just redeemed himself at the end.
>>
>>93611743
On the book she does that, out of spite.
>>
File: megamindtruth.jpg (206KB, 1100x494px) Image search: [Google]
megamindtruth.jpg
206KB, 1100x494px
>>93610361
Every trailer for Megamind made it look like the worst sort of stereotype-filled unfunny piece of shit I've come to expect from Dreamworks. Lo and behold, it ended up being pretty funny.
>>
>>93611987

Not to mention fox never owned a cellphone.(that trailer where he does some selfies). And gazillion of shitty toys with the early movie description on the back of packaging.
>>
>>93610361
The Rogue One trailer having all those scenes that didn't end up in the movie.
>>
Over the hedge

Made me think it was about the retarded squirrel
>>
>>93612032
I heard they had to really do a number to hide the main theme and villain since it was supposed to be a surprise
>>
>>93610361
CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS AFRO

The marketing killed any chance of me watching this in theaters which was a damn shame because when I watched it I thought it was great. Why does Dreamworks sabotage any chance of appealing to a wide audience with these crappy marketing ploys? I didn't see Megamind for the same reason which was a crime looking back on it.
>>
>>93612525
And yet commercials still spoiled the twist.
>>
>>93612709

dw trailers are aimed at kids, "mommy, look, a funny zebra with afro! Let'swatch it!" have you seen that "rock" trailer for Iron Giant? It was pure cringe.

Tell which trailers are best? The one that spoil entire plot, plot twist or are goofy as fuck?

There's no fourth option according to marketing people.
>>
>>93612709

dw trailers are aimed at kids, "mommy, look, funny zebra with afro! Let'swatch it!" have you seen that "rock" trailer for Iron Giant? It was pure cringe.

Tell me, which trailers are the best? The one that spoil entire plot, plot twist or are goofy as fuck?

There's no fourth option according to marketing people. That's sad.
>>
>>93611539
Also not /co/ but 40 year old virgin never even showed the actual chick he was going after it, they just showed the blonde .

In the /co/ front I would say The Princess and the Frog, a lot of conflicting info was flying around
>>
>>93611743

Such interesting movie (complex relationship of two sisters where one is a villain in making) was axed in favour of one stupid catchy song little girls love.
>>
Transformers Dark of the Moon made it look like Shockwave was the main villain instead of Sentinel Prime.
>>
File: 1476112712647.jpg (114KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476112712647.jpg
114KB, 1280x1024px
I feel like its been a trend these past 10 or so years of really bad and misleading trailers. Who the fuck are they hiring to make these trailers? Also picrelated, I don't even need to say anything.
>>
File: boss_baby_xlg.jpg (170KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boss_baby_xlg.jpg
170KB, 800x1200px
>>93610361
Conflict shown in the trailers was resolved halfway through. The entire second half was practically an entirely different movie.
>>
>>93613681

you can blame the production process too, these moives are being rewritten on the go.
>>
>>93610361
>tfw the main three became my first fiction OT3 since The Road to El Dorado.
Felt good.
>>
>>93614686
>rewriting a cartoon on the go
I can understand that for live action to some extent, but that has to be pretty damn painful for an animation production.
>>
>>93618346

yeah, i dont know much about movie making, especially animation, but wouldnt it make more sense if you FIRST write the damn script you can agree with creators and producers and THEN animate it?
>>
>>93612032
PRESENTATION is probably the best part of the movie
>>
>>93612032
Shame DreamWorks decided to drop their Superheroes genre.

Hopefully Netflix will pick it up as one of their next shows.
>>
>>93618413
Lucky things end up just going that far and you aren't already in production and someone decided to Fast Track it. Poor American Dog.
>>
File: DEX vs STR.webm (3MB, 1129x480px) Image search: [Google]
DEX vs STR.webm
3MB, 1129x480px
The trailers for Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 made it look like the dumbest fucking shit ever, and every single thing with Jack Black in it apparently NEEDS to have Back in Black by AC/DC in it. I was surprised to find that they were actually good movies, and the second film to be so goddamn fucking amazing.
3 was shit.
>>
File: Big_Hero_6_(Earth-14123)_001.png (981KB, 1061x536px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Hero_6_(Earth-14123)_001.png
981KB, 1061x536px
Really disappointed with how they marketed this in the US, watched the Japanese trailer and the tone was so much closer to the actual movie
>>
>>93618741

>DEX vs STR
>his final move was pulling a canon.
>>93618722
i can understand Frozen "okay, so that song sounds so amazing it doesnt really fit the character let's change it" but who would've approve furry apartheid?
>>
>>93618644
There are few scenes in any movie I enjoyed as much as that. PRESENTATION will always be a favorite.
>>
>>93613464
>Transformers Dark of the Moon made it look like Shockwave was the main villain instead of Sentinel Prime.
im still pissed
>>
>>93618346
>>93618413
That's why CG is so popular: It's vastly easier to edit and redo things then it is with a 2D feature.

Frozen was animated in less then six months after a huge rewrite
>>
>>93618413
That's how TV animation is done, idk why movies aren't
>>
>>93610382
That was her father pushing for the marriage because he wanted to tie Joaquin to the village.

Joaquin was conflicted, because he genuinely loved Maria, but knew it was wrong. The director already confirmed he would have said no at the altar had Chakal not interrupted.
>>
>>93619308

yes, we know, it looks like shit now though, all these clones in the background, and mismatched textures.Not to mention plotholes.

but i still see little girls and their moms crazy over it, it's insane.
>>
File: Brave_Merida_Icon.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brave_Merida_Icon.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
https://youtu.be/tYg0VgPy6Uk

it was insulting.
>>
>>93618757
That movie sucked anyway it has one of the biggest plot holes ever. Because nothing in the movie needed to happen hiro would have let the professor use the robots he said he was not going to sell it boom the whole point of the guy setting the place on fire and killing his brother is out and so is the plot its trash.
>>
File: ultron_full.jpg (125KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ultron_full.jpg
125KB, 686x1000px
This looks like a real movie with characters and conflict and emotions and not kiddie movie garbage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
>>
>>93620049
it was shit the moment we saw that fucking horrible ultron face
>>
>>93620049

I remember when I thought Ultron might actually at any point in the movie be a genuine personal threat to any of the non baseline human Avengers. Good times.
>>
>>93612455
Fun fact: That's because they actually re-shot a big chunk of the movie because of test-audience reactions. It's one of the few times I'm glad they did.

So technically those moments in the film did exist, then they were erased from canon. Apparently people found Jyn Erso's character abrasive, annoying, unappealing and unrelateable in the original cut. Wish they'd listened with Episode 7 too, but alas, Jar Jar Abrahams can't.
>>
>>93622841
>Wish they'd listened with Episode 7 too

Listened to what?
>>
>>93619949
His plan was to get revenge from the start. He didn't know his daughter was still alive or reachable. I'd say the shittier aspect of this movie was the weak dialogue, especially the expository "you graduated high school so early and this is what you fuck around doing" line drop. Christ, it was a lazy way of providing backstory. Killing the brother was typical emotional drama for this kind of narrative, so fuck that shit.

Also nitpicking, but that is not the definition of a plot hole, you mong. The manner in which those events transpired in the movie, while definitely not realistic, is hardly implausible within the confines of the story. Hell, the way the characters acted in universe was well within their established behavior, especially when you consider how comic book campy the whole story is meant to be. Calling it one of "the biggest plot holes ever" implies you either have a really weak grasp of what constitutes a plot hole or you haven't digested enough storytelling media to gauge just how wrong that claim is.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.