[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies and/or Shows that was better than expected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

The fucking CGI that was heavily advertised %95 of every single commercial was only the last 20 minutes.

The entire movie was majorly pure 2D animation with Early Season spongebob humor coming from the original first movie writers
>>
>>93608520
fuck you I always had trust in this movie I saw it in the theater it was awesome and you non-believers don't deserve it
>>
File: 1495680651858.png (296KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495680651858.png
296KB, 411x412px
>>93608520
>>93608556

>references to older episodes
>2D animation that looked episode-esque tier (and ugly zoom-in shots that proved that)
>le Avengers parody XDDD

That movie was fucking dogshit, dudes.
>>
>>93608520
As silly as it sounds the whole "sponge out of water" thing feels wholey unnecessary. They don't even get out of the water until a good 4/5ths into the movie they probably could've found a better way to resolve it than have Antonio Bandera's steal the secret formula nonsense. Honestly it's false advertising
>>
>>93608520
>>93608681
the entire portion with the cgi should have been cut out entirely
them becoming superheroes comes out of absolutely nowhere

fuck marketing for toys man

>also, antonio bandera's "secret magic plan" was literally just plankton's plan
>>
>>93608520
>welcome to the apocalypse Mr Squidward, I hope you like leather
>I prefer suede
gets me every time
>>
>>93608520

>We need Teamwork
>What's a TM
>Say Team
>Team
>Say Work
>Work
>Now put them together

>Timebomb
>>
>>93608601

>episode-esque tier

It was literally the same as the first movie
>>
>>93608520
Personally, I'd say the first was a better overall movie but this one was funnier.
>>
>>93608520
>they filmed this in my hometown
Honestly that whole thing should have kept the 2D. Would have made it better if not cuting out the whole thing.
>>
>>93608601

Not just references, the humor itself isnt LOL RANDUMB like current seasons are, it was legit humor you would see from the old seasons

Im pretty sure the animation is almost exactly like the movie

>le Avengers parody XDDD

That's kind of the point i was making
>>
>>93609027

The first movie is better no doubt

But this movie ended up being a lot better than you thought it would be given how 2015 Spongebob has been going on

You wouldnt expect Early season quality
>>
>>93609046
>cuting
>>
>>93609058
>the humor itself isnt LOL RANDUMB like current seasons are
what
what show have you been watching
>>
>>93608520
The episodes that aired after it in 2015 and early 2016 were honestly pretty alright, but late 2016 onward you can see a delve into mediocre randumb. At the very least it wasn't a delve in excessive cruelty and toilet jokes.
>>
>>93609026
Nah the first movie looked better. They didn't adhere to the stiff nu-SpongeBob model sheet.
>>
>>93612784
>They didn't adhere to the stiff nu-SpongeBob model sheet.
The model sheet has been the same for the entire fucking show
>>
YEAAAAAAAAAAH

HERE WE GO NOW

PLAY WITH US BEFORE WE MELT

ERRYBODY ENJOY YOURSELF
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 270x186px
Oh, I have a bunch of those

Paranorman
>"eh, that trailer is meh. Probably just another movie fueled by current zombie fad. But Coraline was neat, so I'll give it a chance"
>ended up becoming my most favorite animated movie

Sausage Party
>"probably an Adult Swim tier, but I'll give it a chance"
>ended up becoming my most favorite animated movie of 2016

Zootopia and Ralph
>"eh, it's probably another shitty Disney propaganda"
>turns out, they are OK

Symbionic Titan
>"probably another toy-selling, superhero mediocrity like Ben 10, but 4chan says it's good, so might as well try it"
>ended up becoming one of my most favorite animated series

Trollhunters
>"looks cool, but Dreamworks? I fell for this trap too many times, no way I'm watching this"
>after it came out
>"shit, it's not like i have anything better to do, so might as well try it."
>"huh, this looks intriguing. I wonder what happens next?"
>"he and Claire didn't fug yet? Usually, in series like this, something should have happened by now. Interesting"
>"holy shit, that was good. Season 2 when?"

Harvey Beaks (and Loud House to the extent)
>"it's Nick show, so it will probably be on par with Breadwinners and other shit they are pulling recently"
>"wow, that music is fucking awesome"
In general, HB fluctuates between good and bad too often, but overall, it's better than I expected.

And speaking of expectations - it's amusing how the pendulum swings: back in 2013, CN was still living through its rebirth, with AT and RS fueling viewership. At the time, Nick seemed like a dying channel in terms of animation, with zombie Spongebob, Buttwinners, Fartjay and Craig and Fanboy & Chum Chum clogging up the airtime.
>>
>>93613050
Are you underage? Because you sound like you're WAY too young to be on this website.
>>
>>93613050
Then Snyder's retirement was announced, and everyone rejoiced, hoping that this will further improve CN. But it didn't. Scheduling went to shit, nuPPG happened, TTGo is on all the time, most post-Snyder series were mediocre at best. Adult Swim managed to fuck up Samurai Jack even. Wabbit, Bunnicula and Be Cool Scooby Do were made to promote Boomerang rebranding, but were swept away in scheduling, and were all pretty much canceled. RS went into shipping drama, and self repetition, then got canned. AT hasn't been good for years.

At the same time, Nick somewhat cleaned up their shit - Breadwinners, Sanjay, Fanboy got canned. Spongebob got its creator back, and has reportedly got better. Harvey Beaks was decent, Loud House is mostly OK too. Welcome to the Wayne seems interesting, and they are doing 22" episodes, which is rare nowadays. Hey Arnold is getting a movie. Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life are getting something. There are still duds here and there, but it's definitely a step up from their state a few years ago.

>>93613100
Be more specific. Do i need to speak more memetically or something?
>>
>>93608681
>>93608866
>Honestly it's false advertising
that move was genius
it made it profitable and probably is what gave it the okay from the producers
Kids are stupid and they like the smurfs and alvin movies. If the movie had marketed as what it actually was then it wouldn't have been made

by exploiting the system and lying about the marketing we got another good spongebob movie

Godspeed
>>
>>93613100
18 are considered adults and that baffles me now that I'm 8 years older than that
I'll probably say the same about 20-somethings in a decade
>>
>>93613134
I actually wonder if some parents demanded refunds when they saw that movie isn't actually a 3d CGI, like trailers led them to believe.
>>
>>93613140
This. I'd probably slap the shit out of my 18 years old self.
>>
>>93613143
Doubt it. The kids probably watched it patiently (and by that I mean constantly asking when the CGI was going to happen) and when they left the water almost at the end they probably got very excited.

But that's from reference of my memories of being a kid, and having to watch the first Hulk movie with a kid who didn't want to wait for Banner to get green.
>>
>>93613143
Is this how we get another 2D renaissance?
advertise the movies as CGI but then only have like 5 minutes of it and the rest is 2D animated?
>>
>>93613173
>advertise the movies as CGI
not only CGI
"we are in the REAL WORLD" CGI
I can't believe that bitch from Sony wanted to made the MLP movie like that. It's hilarious.
>>
>>93613173
I hope more movies will use this trick.
>>
File: hoarse.png (18KB, 956x261px) Image search: [Google]
hoarse.png
18KB, 956x261px
>>93613181
>can't believe that bitch from Sony wanted to made the MLP movie like that
It's actually weird that they didn't do shit like this. Also, reminds me of picrelated.
>>
>>93613216
Kinda actually really want to see this as a fanfilm
Get someone who can animate ponies on-model enough and some actors and make it a reality. Even as a fake trailer
>>
>>93613216
>Sony wanted to made
>>
>>93613181

I was once in the real world you know.They should make a movie were Smosh go to the real world.
>>
>>93613143
I saw the movie with a ten year old and I want to say that the rest of the movie was so good that he didn't care.

But this was also a kid who was raised on classic Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and pre-2000s Disney movies so he probably knows good 2D animation when he sees it.
>>
>>93609058
>not a single memorable joke
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.