[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Static Shock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: static.jpg (83KB, 890x1000px) Image search: [Google]
static.jpg
83KB, 890x1000px
Obvious retcons aside, this has to be the second most out of place show in the DCAU after Zeta.

Speaking of the retcons, did they ever explain away the line about Clark Kent?
>>
>>93603243
http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Toys_in_the_Hood
In the episode "They're Playing My Song" Static mentions, "Even Clark Kent has a day job". Before the episode "The Big Leagues", Static Shock was not a part of the DC Animated Universe, and comic book heroes were fictional in the show. When the series became part of the DCAU, this line was cut off from subsequent reruns.
>>
>>93603286
>When the series became part of the DCAU, this line was cut off from subsequent reruns.
So basically, they just edited the episode and declared the orignal version non-canon?
>>
Check out this video about what ever happen to Static.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiFqRJKY_RQ
>>
I remember loving the episodes with DC heroes.
Why was it out of place?
>>
>>93603885
It didn't feel out of place for me. The show fit right in. Now the Zeta Project feels not of place.
>>
>>93603286
I am surprised they gave enough of a shit to do that.
>>
>>93603384
Sometimes there's weird wrinkles when realities merge that get flattened out over time. Just look at current situation with Superman. He's two guys who merged into one guy who has a weird mish mash of both guys' memories. Now that leads to a bunch of questions about how certain events took place and how certain characters even exist anymore.
>>
>>93604820
when is the comic book industry going to understand that the Morrison approach to canon is the only way to apporach stories without creating convluted conintuity monsters while also paying homage to what came before?

Not in a "philosophical" way either, Morrisons method allows publishers to money grub which is how the industry works and what character / plot gets thrown away for anyway.
>>
>>93604880
What exactly is Morrison's method.
>>
>>93604904
Here....we....go......
>>
>>93604904
>"I think any good, long-running thoroughly-developed fictional character will naturally come to have many faces and aspects. Batman's had 70 years to build up quite a complex and layered 'personality'.

Of course, one of my all-time favourite Batman panels was written by Haney and drawn by Jim Aparo and shows Batman strolling down the sunlit streets of Gotham, checking out the mini-skirted girls and accompanied by the line to end all lines: 'Yes, Batman digs this day!'"

That's from an interview of his and it's a good basic start. In the simplest terms, everything ever written is part of the character in some way or another.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.