[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Marvel need a New 52?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Marvel's all kinds of fucked up right now. Iron Man's dead, or a robot, or a girl, or something. Captain America is super evil, I think Thor got turned into a girl, it's all messed up.
The events have all piled up and there's so much weird history of bad blood where the heroes fought each other in Civil War and then fought each other in Shadowland but they were n different sides, and then it got mixed up again for Avengers vs X-men, and then again for Civil War 2, so now every superhero has a reason to hate every other superhero.

Does Marvel need a reboot? Soft or hard, either way, some kind of line wide reset that gets the heroes back to their iconic forms and makes them friends again. Or is it good going on as it is now?

What do you guys think?
>>
If either company ever reboots again they should just make it a hard reboot. Nothing before happened and don't rely on the books for a few months ago to advance the story.

That'd never happen and comics fans would bitch about it until the end of time but it's the only way it could work.
>>
>>93602296
Fuck that
I'm sick of hearing about peter's origin for the trillionth fucking time
>>
>>93602296
I give it til the 100th anniversary. All the old fanboys will have died off by then.
>>
>>93602251
>Does Marvel need a reboot? Soft or hard, either way, some kind of line wide reset that gets the heroes back to their iconic forms and makes them friends again. Or is it good going on as it is now?
>What do you guys think?
Nah. It wouldn't work. A reboot would be just an excuse to make everything even more unrecognizable. If you think they took the old continuity to a point where it was too different and unusable for classic stories, I don't see why you think the same staff would take things in a different direction with a reboot. If anything, it could be used to further shaft the established characters, like making, Steve, Tony and others a past generation of heroes that's only seen in backstory, and giving all their villains and personal connections to their successors.
>>
File: 503.jpg (246KB, 881x848px) Image search: [Google]
503.jpg
246KB, 881x848px
>>93602251
Yes, but make them all gay, muslim, sjws. Because diversity sells.
>>
File: All-Star-Superman-1-2006.jpg (325KB, 1024x1583px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star-Superman-1-2006.jpg
325KB, 1024x1583px
>>93602337
Rebooting doesn't mean you have to start from the beginning or can't do what All-Star Superman did.
>>
No way in hell. The current writers having the ability to change a character's origin? Sounds awful.
>>
>>93602251
>superhero continuity is the problem
How?
HOW?
#how
>>
>>93602745
The issue isn't continuity in general, the issue is the specific existing Marvel continuity. Where every year all the Superheroes fight each other in randomly assigned sides for no reason, and all the major characters have been written into obscurity or made into literally new Hitler in order to make way for new characters with the same superhero name
>>
>>93602251

Just reverse everything after Secret Wars, restore 616 and done
>>
>>93602251
What the industry and big 2 need are a new set of fresh blood creators, particularly Marvel. The talent pool of artists and writers is so poor even compared to 10 years ago. And those who were A-class before have lost all their touch. "cough" Waid "cough"
>>
Marvel's New 52 would be even less coordinated than DC's New 52 was.
>>
>>93602936
I can't believe how badly they fucked up the transition out of Secret Wars. I was a lapsed marvel zombie, and Secret Wars brought me back in to comics....and then quickly gave me reason to spend more on DC in the last two years than I have in my entire life.
>>93603021
Exactly. They had a chance to do a real COIE level reboot and they just literally went on like nothing happened.
>>
>>93603053
>I can't believe how badly they fucked up the transition out of Secret Wars.
No kidding.
I didn't care for Bendis on X-Men, a lot of spinning tires in mud, but Lemire, Ross, Hopeless, and Bagley were somehow worse.
Plus they ruined Spider-Gwen by having her hop back and forth between universes and Waid on Avengers was garbage and Slott keeps declining.
>>
No they need a rebirth and a complete purging of their current talent.
>>
>>93602251
I would seriously like this. The Ultimate universe was a half-mesure with too much edge, a proper reboot of the universe could do some good and allow Marvel to rebuild from the ground up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.