[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Logan >GOTG2 >WW >Spiderman Is 2017 the year of capekino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 94.png (184KB, 736x332px) Image search: [Google]
94.png
184KB, 736x332px
>Logan
>GOTG2
>WW
>Spiderman
Is 2017 the year of capekino?
>>
damn...
>>
>>93595043
Take GotG and Meme-Man homecoming out of that list
>>
>>93595043
>capeshit
>They don't even wear capes
>>
>>93595074
Why? GotG was pretty great.
>>
>>93595074
you havent even seen meme-man homecoming.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (130KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
130KB, 408x408px
>>93595074
Oh, you have seen Spider-Man. Please share with us everything that has happened and why you do not think it deserves a high rating. We are all waiting with baited breath because I am sure you are not shit posting and basing things off a fucking trailer or rumor your heard. Please, share with the class.
>>
>>93595074
>2017
>still claiming "meme movie"

You really don't have anything better than that?
>>
>>93595093

Well Hyppolita wore a cape, and she was basically Golden Age legacy Wonder Woman.
>>
A great year for cape flicks and it looks like Thor Ragnarok will be keeping up the same trend.

Pity about Justice League though...
>>
Power Rangers says otherwise.
>>
>>93595043
i think comic book movies have come a long way and have finally started to get proper treatments by studios. im not sure where it started. maybe with dark knight, maybe iron man, maybe spiderman 2. but im glad we can get movies like winter soilder, logan and Civil War.
>>
File: bait for anon.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
bait for anon.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>93595074
Looks like someone's looking for a company war.

How about we just don't do it this time?
>>
>>93596105
But Power Rangers didn't even start out as comics
>>
>>93596105
Power Rangers isn't cape or comics

It's Toku, a western bastardization of the source material that was only made into a comic after the fact and rebooted as a movie completely immaterial to any /co/ relevant criteria.
>>
>>93596162
It might not be directly /co/ related, but it's still capeshit.
>>
>>93596430
No it's culturally appropriated weebshit
>>
>>93595074

only GotG as homecoming isn't out yet. I can't believe people like the most obvious and obnoxious attempt to get some cheap laughs and some daww's. GotG 1 was one of the best MCU movies, I can't believe how bad the second one turned out to be.
>>
>>93595074
I loved both GOTGs, but then I'm a cosmicfag and a Gunnfag.
>>
>>93595043
Thor 3 will probably be good too.

It all depends on if Justice League fucks it up.
>>
File: 1493851871321.png (1MB, 600x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1493851871321.png
1MB, 600x1492px
>93595074
>Trying to company wars.

No, you don't get a (You) at all.
>>
>>93596571
I liked gotg 2. Its comedy wasn't as generally solid as 1's was, but its drama was superior.

And so was the cinematography, I think it should win some awards in that category, it was pretty beautifully shot.

Though gotg2 did try to force comedy a bit too many times, I will give that.
>>
>>93596571
GotG2 was better than the first, actually got an emotional reaction out of me.

Always felt the first one was pretty overrated.
>>
>>93596571
GotG2 was great. I'm not sure it's better than the first, but it's definitely as good.
>>
>>93596817
I think 1 was a more solid movie than 2. It generally stayed the same quality throughout, while 2 had more peaks and valleys quality wise.

Plus I didn't really care for 2's first act, tho the rest of the movie made up for it.

Also from a subjective point of view, I didn't care for 2's more crass humor (jokes about drax's turds, ego's penis, etc), but thats just me.
>>
>>93596453
>implying Japan doesn't have superheroes
>>
>>93596750
>>93596817

how can you not see the obvious attempts at creating cheap drama that was shoe-horned into literally every aspect of the movie? the whole family theme was handled as subtle as a slash hammer and while it was legit with Drax who lost his family, the subplot with Gamora and Nebula was nothing but a waste of time. Yondu and Quil would've also worked better if it wasn't written like an spanish telenovela, with Yondu and Quil finding to each other like the father and son they've always been, turning Yondu into a missundestood bad guy.

Every attempt at a serious scenes was also destroyed with quip bevause god help us if you don't have a quip atleast every two minutes, like the scene with Yondus crew dying infront of him, yet they had to ruin it with Teaserface o so funny and lets not forget baby Groot, I mean holy shit, what an obvious bait for some cheap daww's and it worked everytime in my cinema, like mass hypnosis, lets not forget that they wasted the first fight of the guardians for a scene of baby Groot dancing wich felt like it was never gonna end. And yeah, he was the baby of the family because that was the theme of the movie, very subtle indeed.

There was nothing wrong with the theme by itself but the movie handled it in such a shzophrenic way, switching between o so sad and o so funny, like every two minutes.
>>
>>93597136
Yeah, it's a whole different genre altogether though, unless you're going to start counting every live action Japanese movie overseas as well.
>>
File: 1483123651066.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483123651066.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
>>93597152
>>
>>93596852
it was too cartoony for me
they didn't know where to not make jokes, it tried too hard IMO
the first one was refreshing, this one tried to recapture its essence and tone. But the story in Vol 2 is way better IMO
>>
>>93597199
Yeah, that was probably my biggest complaint with it.
If it had tried to force less jokes in, it probably would have been superior to the first one.

Not saying it can't be comedic, that wouldn't be any good if it was straight up serious, but Gunn needs to try harder to figure out the tone of a scene and not try to jam in jokes where they don't belong.

And not saying you can't break up drama with comedy or vice versa, but it happens way too much, and often in a forced way.

I still liked 2 a lot though.
>>
>>93597152
Nice opinions you have there. I don't agree but thanks for sharing your perspective.
>>
>>93597288
That's just what Gunn does man. It's not like he's not thinking about it, he just loves that dichotomy of drama and whacky hijinks. Some would call it tonal whiplash, but I love his style.
>>
>>93598089
I'm not completely against it.

He just needs to figure out when to reign it in.

Because when it works, its great

When it doesn't, its painful
>>
>>93595043

>Forgetting the best animation this year
>>
>>93595043
lee won
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.