[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still the best portrayal of every DC character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_4844.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4844.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Superman's character flaws are shown while still seen as a symbol of hope
>Batman is shown to rely on his teammates and not be a one man army
>Even if you don't like Bruce x Diana it is well deserved as Bruce is shown to care deeply about her
>The sibling relationship between batman, Hawkgirl, and Flash
>Green Lantern and Hawkgirl's relationship is handled maturely
>That Christmas episode with Supe's and Martian man hunter
>Flash is shown to defeat his villains not with fists but with words and understanding
>Pop culture references that were approiopiate of the times and always hit their mark
What was your favorite JLU moment?
>>
>>93574710
The only thing that really could have made this series even better than already is, is a crossover with the real JSA (not that faux JSA that appeared once). That would have been amazing.
>>
>>93574710
>>Batman is shown to rely on his teammates and not be a one man army
I'll take things that never happened for 500 Jim.
>>
>>93574710
And MCU is the best portrayal of every Marvel character.
>>
>>93574710
the banter between Vigilante and Shining Knight was always good
>>
>>93574874
https://youtu.be/Unl8l8VdONw
>>
File: jl-injustice-5.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jl-injustice-5.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>93574710
Part 2 of "Injustice for All".
>Batman tricks Grundy to beating Ultra-Humanite
>Gets wet pussy
>>
>>93574710
Not every.

Wonder Woman and Green Lantern's rogues galleries were an afterthought.
>>
AND THE MILKSHAKES ARE SO THICC
>>
>>93574877
I unironically agree, especially guardians
>>
>>93574710
John is the best Green Lantern. Always has been. Always will be.
>>
>>93574957
But he eventually becomes distant from all of them, since this series is connected to Batman Beyond.
>>
File: painfully thick.png (339KB, 500x830px) Image search: [Google]
painfully thick.png
339KB, 500x830px
>>93575001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBU78vA_H9I
that was the best
>>
>>93574710
>>That Christmas episode with Supe's and Martian man hunter
>>Flash is shown to defeat his villains not with fists but with words and understanding
these are the only good things you listed
>>
>>93575034
To be fair everyone becomes distant from everyone except for maybe John Stewart/Shayera offscreen
>>
>>93574710
Justice League/JLU made Supes a little TOO flawed, if you ask me. He was bull-headed and arrogant, qualities that New52 Superbro haters often hold over his head. But that's only because Superbro's Kents were dead, and he was young and angry. Animated Supes has no excuse.
>>
>>93575129
>>>That Christmas episode with Supe's and Martian man hunter
that one was comfy as fuck
>>
>>93574877
Earth's Mightiest Heroes, for a cartoon show, took great strides in faithful storytelling of the comics for Marvel. I will easily put it on par with Justice League / Unlimited which I enjoyed just as much.
>>
>>93574710
Captain Atom was pretty bad there. He could only launch energy beams and was a complete military stooge.
>>
https://youtu.be/-72YTCUug18
>If the ring was not lit you must acquit
Wally is so much better than Barry
>>
>>93574710
>every DC character
Wonder Woman was shit and Superman was unremarkable. Reeves is still the best Superman though and it's almost impossible to top his portrayal.
>>
>>93575197
I'm so mad this got canned. The potential was so high.

90s marvel show verse was pretty good too. I love the hamminess
>>
>>93574710
Refutations
>Captain Cold
>The Shade
>Hugo Strange
>Hawkman
>>
>>93575154
JL comes after the end of Superman: TAS. Meaning he's a bit more bitter than normal after the Apokoliptian mindfuckery he got. So, he's a bit less sunny overall, and it kind of became the default for him in that continuity, I guess.
>>
>>93576100
And yeah, Hawkman got dicked over hard.
>>
Bane was pretty awful in the DCAU. Wish they could have used Ted Kord at some point. Everything else was pretty great.
>>
File: 2973101192_ea763ba194.jpg (108KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
2973101192_ea763ba194.jpg
108KB, 387x500px
>>93574957
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>93575232

>we solved our lawyer problem a long time ago
>>
>>93575012
This, he should be the token black on the JL instead of Cyborg desu
>>
File: supercutie.jpg (94KB, 802x680px) Image search: [Google]
supercutie.jpg
94KB, 802x680px
>Supergirl
>Leaves her friends behind for a fucking green skinned relative of the fucker who destroys her planet
>Betrays Krypton for Chad dick
>best portrayal
fuck off, this is
>>
File: amazo.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
amazo.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
never have I seen a more overpowered being in fiction decimate that many heroes and not kill a single one.

if this version were in rebirth, i feel like he could take on manhattan
>>
File: 6np8eu5hmzzx.jpg (85KB, 631x1451px) Image search: [Google]
6np8eu5hmzzx.jpg
85KB, 631x1451px
>>93575211
But this lead up to one of the best moments in the show
>>
>>93574957
God the comments are pure cancer
>>
>>93578685
that was a great moment. great fight too
>>
>>93578661
>"...you don't have any powers"
>>
>>93574710
>best portrayal of every DC character
Wondy was shit
Nightwing was also pretty bad in TNBA
>>
>>93574710
The two episode arc where Billy called Clark a faggot and fucked off for the rest of the series.
>>
>>93578661
Holy shit! I just realized that he can copy any powers just by looking and that was before he turned to god hood. Dr Manhattan is fucked if he ever face anything like that.
>>
>>93574792
This

Also, I'm so sad that this show missed the Lantern Corps by only a couple years.
A JLU two-parter all about the other lantern corps and a riff on Blackest Night would have been glorious.
>>
>>93578701

Keep in mind a lot of them are literally 12 year olds.
>>
>>93574995
to be fair, at the time this show happened, both Green Lantern and Wonder Woman themselves were both kind of afterthoughts.
Green Lantern hadn't had his massive, rainbow colored explosion in lore and popularity yet, and Wonder Woman was always just kind of...there. The recent movie has done more for her popularity and success than anything she's been in in the last 50 years
>>
>>93578985
Huh, I just realized that Amazo is basically The Prodigy
>>
I'm still sore that Batman characters were off-limits for JLU.
I believe they wanted to do a Batgirl becomes Oracle episode
>>
>>93578661
Amazo is Dr. Manhattan to Lex's Ozymandias.
Except Lex is a lot wiser than Ozy
>>
>>93574710
>>Flash is shown to defeat his villains not with fists but with words and understanding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94
One of the best moments
>>
>>93579254
sorry, who?
>>
>>93579100
What about Amazons Attack?
>>
>>93579307
good analogy
>>
Wondy being a massive bitch and MM being a jobber was not good
>>
>>93579348
Why the DCAU never got the chance to have a Flash Family show/miniseries, I may never know.
It would've been great, even with just Wally/Jay/Bart (as was the times).
>>
File: fs14[1].jpg (41KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
fs14[1].jpg
41KB, 852x480px
>>93579307
I profess I haven't read any actual Question comics. But I liked how JLU basically used Question as a Rorschach-lite.

Is The Question actually similar to his JLU portrayal in the comics?
>>
>>93579486
It would have been great, it could have introduced a generation to the Flash. But I feel that even with the limited exposure he got in JL/U they did a damn fine job of it.
He beat Brainiac/Luthor singlehandedly
>>
File: cap.gif (101KB, 128x87px) Image search: [Google]
cap.gif
101KB, 128x87px
>>93578968
>>
>>93578968
Superman was a massive dick in that episode.
But you know what?
he was right all along
>>
File: supesshazam.jpg (133KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
supesshazam.jpg
133KB, 640x480px
>>93578968
>>93579587
i feel that they nerfed him a little too hard in that episode. any damage he did to supes outside the lightning strike was nowhere near as bad as the damage supes did to him
>>
>>93574710
aquaman was better in BATB
plastic man actually was in BATB
>>
>>93574710
Is it okay if I want a series with this version of Question? I really loved him in this.
>>
>>93574792
Blame the jews not wanting to let them use the JSA characters for what ever reason.
>>
>>93575232

That's fucking gold. I don't even remember this
>>
>>93579519
>Is The Question actually similar to his JLU portrayal in the comics?
No, as you as said he has more in common with Rorschach that with Vic Sage.
>>
File: icant.gif (725KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
icant.gif
725KB, 500x450px
>>93574710
Booster Gold, but no Blue Beetle.
>>
>>93579020
Blackest Night would have been tricky since it depends a lot on estabilished DC continuity (dead characters).

Sinestro Corps War could have been totally do-able.
>>
>>93579519
Rorschach was originally question. SO were most of the Watchmen characters. There was copyright troubles so they made new characters with the same personalities.
>>
>>93578546
supergirl was shit
galatea a qt
>>
>>93574710

>Superman
>Character flaws

lel
>>
>>93580850
Eh, their overall concept was similar, their personality was often different, and Question was one of those case. He was never a conspiracy nut before JLU (although he was kind of nut in other ways).
>>
>>93574710
>>Even if you don't like Bruce x Diana it is well deserved as Bruce is shown to care deeply about her
But this 'relationship' never came up in Batman Beyond, where his feelings for Catwoman and Talia did. WW left no lasting impression on him! Checkmate, Wonderfags!
>>
>>93575001
You need to eat them with a spoon . . . why are we in Africa?
>>
>>93581544
When Bruce was reminiscing about all his love interests even Lois was there
>>
>>93581449
>shirt stretches instead of just being pulled up and showing boob
too bad
>>
>>93576100
>>93577643
I'd be okay with John and Shayeera's relationship but they had to bring in Carter and reveal while they do incarnate as "star crossed lovers", Carter's destiny is to be cucked by John till the end of time. It's pretty fucked up. I also don't like how they added Star Sapphire and Sinestro in the legion of doom.
>>
>>93582009
That's the thing. I actually very much liked the John/Shayera thing. But in JL, the Hawkman stand-in (Hro Talak?) was Fel Andar levels of dickish, which fucked Hawkman's "first take" in DCAU. Then, they did the starcrossed lovers/Carter angle in JLU. It'd be one thing if the idea of Hawkman weren't double-shit on.

And, Sinestro in the Injustice Gang/Legion Of Doom makes sense as a reference to Superfriends. Star Sapphire was there to be female, but was kind of overkill with Sinestro already there. I can see your point on that.
>>
>>93579827
I remember hearing it was because the JSA relaunch by Robinson and later Johns was a great seller, they didn't want to undermine it by portraying these old heroes as goofy, goody two-shoed heroes with old timey sayings and catchphrases.

I think the DCAU guys tried to explain they were making it in tribute to the golden/silver age of comics but understood why it could be seen as damaging. So it was a last minute change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wlCj-PqSk
>>
>>93582096
Yeah I also liked John and Shayeera since it wasn't a forced interracial thing and cause I was thinking it was Shayeera the Thanagarian born space cop who goes to earth and not Shiera the reincarnated princess (I do find it weird they introduced Katmui Tui and not do anything with her since she and Fatality were the only real love interest John had) but they had to bring Hawkman ( I think Johns wrote the episode) and like Hawkman he had to confuse the continuity of the Hawkstory by bringing in the reincarnation.

I did not watch Superfriends so I didn't know Sinestro was there(might watch it later). I think my problem of bringing more prominent villains was the JL:TAS was a big Lex wank and everyone else seemed incompetent even though Sinestro could solo the league. Also what a shame that Aquaman only got a few cameos, for being a founding member, I thought he would have been in the regular cast.
>>
Isn't there a new Justice League show? How is it?
>>
>>93582431
They didn't even let Aquaman in the final season of JLU because of embargoes
>>
>>93582431
Hawkman was already introduced by the time Johns wrote the ancient egypt episode. Though the things people forget about Hawkman in the comics are: he is a well respected former JSA chairman, and he mentored the early JL team pre-FP. The only characters willing to point out Hawkman being a creeper were the Atom because he's BFF with Hawkman and Green Arrow because they're rivals.

Whereas DCAU Hawkman was just friendless weirdo creeper minus brutal violence.
>>
>>93574710
Cof cof cof batman the brave and the bolt cof cof cof
>>
>>93574710
I remember thinking Superman was a lot madder in this adaptation than in the comics. Like he had a shorter fuse. I liked it.
>>
>>93575920
One of the things about that show that really detracted from my enjoyment of it was picking Drake Bell to voice Spider-Man. Josh Keaton's voice will never be beat. The rest of the show was amazing, however.
>>
>>93574710
>Still the best portrayal of every DC character
>Captain Atom
>Wade Eiling, for that matter
>Sinestro
>Shade
>Star Sapphire
>Cheetah
>Hawkman

That's just counting JL/JLU. I like JLU, but let's not exaggerate.
>>
So who are the best waifus and husbandos in the DCAU?
>>
>>93581481
>I take pride in being ignorant
Sad
>>
>>93579803
It's almost a rule that any side character Jeffrey Coombs plays is an outstanding one. Weyoun, Brunt (FCA) and Shran alone raise their respective episodes of Star Trek up.
>>
>>93575132
>No matter how close you are to your friends you will drift apart.

Too real.
>>
File: Stargirl_JLU_11.png (631KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Stargirl_JLU_11.png
631KB, 852x480px
Alright faggots post your favourite cape, i love the part where Star Girl got brutalized over and over and over again
>>
>>93579803
I will never understand why DC didn't make Question and Huntress a duo in the vein of Ollie and Dinah after their story arc in JLU. They're great together.
>>
>>93574710
Anything wth Vigilante and Shining Knoght
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.