[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Villain Swap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8774.jpg (40KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8774.jpg
40KB, 306x400px
Pick a hero and give him/her two new antagonists. One from in-universe, and one from another, different one.

I'll start with Iron Man:

>In-Universe
>Doctor Doom

At first I was gonna give him either Ock or Osborn, but:

1) Ock works because of his history with Peter. Otherwise he's just another tech villain.

2) Osborn is another business rival that Tony has tons of.

So, I went with the safe choice of Doom. Also, I think removing him from the F4 would allow writers to think creatively again and write actual F4 stories instead of everybody wanting to do their own Doom arc. Besides, the Reed/Victor rivalry was always too paper thin, and their characters never really "clicked" enough. Doom is Black Manta when he appears in the FF books, and then they try to actually have him develop, before reverting him back.

Anyway, I think the IM/DD pair would be interesting. Modernism vs Classicism, Nationalism vs Globalism, Conservatism/Capitalism/Libertarianism vs Fascism, etc, etc. They have enough similarities and differences to be very effective rivals, and we have a basis for all that.

Anyway, moving on:

>Out-of-Universe (Mass Effect)
>The Illusive Man

I wanted to give Tony a videogame villain, but the more I thought of, the harder it became. IM as a brand has lots is versatility. You could add characters from MGS, Deus Ex, Valve, Mass Effect, CoD, etc, etc and they'd still work.

Yes, we have tons of "muh humanity" characters, but TIM is different. Whereas every such character is focused on Earth-Stuff, he is all about turning the Earth into a major player in the galaxy. He represents another kind of the threat, and considering the alien species in Marvel, there is potential. Plus, how would Stark deal with an uber-Rich secret organization that just rose up and claimed that it could turn the Earth into a Galactic Power?

Anyway, thread is open, post more.
>>
Bumping your own thread, pretty sad OP and how is this a "swap", you basically just give a hero new rogues.
>>
>>93570422

a) Yeah, well, everybody does it so, uh... get off of my case!

b) Villain Swap sounds better than "Villain Loans".
>>
>>93570422
Well it's better than the other 80 threads I've filtered. At least it's about comic books.

I'll give MERA a go.
>In-Universe
>Captain Cold

1) The idea of Mera fighting against Cold with water while he freezes it sounds like a cool clash.

2) Mera is a bit of an angry nutjob, so it'd be nice also seeing her clash against Snarts ice-cold personality.

>Out-of-Universe (Marvel)
>Namor
I just want to see them fuck. I didn't realise how much I wanted Mera to hang with Namor just to see how they'd interact, but maybe I've become a cuck.
>>
B U M P
>>
>>93571555
It's not working, OP. I tried, but people don't wanna talk about comic books these days. Try reposting it with some MCU twist.
>>
>>93571733
...But it was a neat thread...
>>
>>93573233
Yep
>>
Detective Chimp
>In-Universe
>Gorilla Grodd
Why not have the greatest simian detective match wits with a telepathic genius ape? That just sounds fun.
>Out-of-universe
>Hit-Monkey
Ape noir? I say yes.
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (195KB, 608x940px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
195KB, 608x940px
Deadman.

>In-universe

Black Flash/Black Racer. Now Deadman has to save people from an undead grim reaper with super-speed.

>Out of universe

Vigo the Carpathian. Just so I can get a Deadman/Ghostbusters crossover.
>>
Daredevil

>In-universe
>Gorgon (the mutant one from Enemy Of The State)
DD deals with the Hand pretty commonly, and I don't remember ever seeing that fight happen before, so it could be interesting. Honestly, as many Spider-Man foes as he's inherited, I'd like to see DD get more Wolverine enemies.

>Out-of-universe
>Prometheus
Much as the Batman/DD parallels happen, it'd be interesting to see him tangle with one of the (far too many) "Dark Batman" types, and I couldn't go with Owlman on this one.
>>
>>93569983
Wonder Woman

>In-Universe
>Psycho Pirate

>Out-of-universe
>Rasputin (Hellboy)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.