[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SJW content in Image comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 29

File: 2000px-Image_Comics_logo.svg.png (122KB, 2000x4527px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Image_Comics_logo.svg.png
122KB, 2000x4527px
For a while now I thought that Image was the new Vertigo. There are a lot of great series like pretty much everything Ed Brubaker is writing. Recently I have been watching a lot of videos on a Youtube channel called "Diversity & Comics" and that guy destroyed some comics that I planned to read.

Here's the ones he roasted and why:

Bitch Planet: It apparently is about a planet to which non-conforming women are exiled, all while feminists want all women to conform to their regressive ideology.

Low: Gender politics, the protagonist's son is a doofus while his daughters are all about science, adventure and fighting.

Saga: Gender politics, gender roles are questioned and reversed and there is an issue set in a place called "Abortion Town" where some guy is explaining that old men decide what women can do with their bodies.

I hate this identity politics bullshit and I don't like ideology shoved down my throat via entertainment. Are there more series on Image that do this? I am mostly interested in Hickman's "East Of West" and the other series written by Rick Remender. Please give me your thoughts about the Image comics you have been reading regarding to SJW content.
>>
>>93568339
Your knowhere Nier as smart ass ewe think ewe our.
>>
>>93568339
We're not going to give you content for your videos Diversity and Comics guy, find it yourself.
>>
OP here. I am not the Diversity & Comics guy. I just want to know which Image comics to avoid.
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>93568339
>Recently I have been watching a lot of videos on a Youtube channel called "Diversity & Comics"

I'm not even sure if this is for or against, But you are an idiot for listing to youtubes whine brigade.
>>
>>93568404
>OP here. I am not the Diversity & Comics guy.

Sure you aren't.
>>
Alright, you bunch of gender confused faggots, I will take this to /pol/ instead.
>>
Liefeld should write more comics
>>
>>93568404
but if you are, do Rat Queens, because fuck that writer, he was rude to me on twitter
>>
>>93568447
good idea, you seem to get triggered easily, so it will be best if you stick to your safe-space where nobody will hurt your feelings.
>>
>>93568447
lol why are you such a little bitch?
>>
Well there is this spiffy new series called The united States of Hysteria out.

But if you want the REALLY good opinions on comics check this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Rorshach1004/videos
>>
>>93568422
It's a moderately funny channel. The politics get tedious, but seeing a copy of Ms Marvel get flushed was entertaining.
>>
>>93568517

I justi figured it was a mistake to ask a serious question on a board frequented by a bunch of basement dwelling weebs.
>>
>>93568422
>it's a "my channel is not successful so I hate every other channel and you should hate them too" episode.
>>
>>93568528
There's this odd subgenre of Marvel-hating Youtube channels. Capn Cummings is another.

I don't like current Marvel either, but these people devote way too much time and energy to it.
>>
>>93568578
>If someone thinks a YT channel is shit, it's just jealousy!

Also, OP is a faggot
>>
>>93568597
I'm not OP but I'm seeing this trend all over 4chan, usually ending with "fuck e-celebs". I'm getting jealousy vibes from it.
>>
>>93568607
That's usually /tv/ posters.
>>
>>93568607
Or, people just think e-celebs & the like are just shit. I don't hate every popular person on the internet, but I don't blame anyone for thinking they're garbage.
>>
>>93568611
and /v/ posters as well
>>
Whatever happened to that that series Morning Glories? It used to be talked about I haven't seen it mentioned in years. I gave up after three tpbs because I figured that the mysteries are just going to go on and on and the writer has no plan just like Lost
>>
>>93568658
>and the writer has no plan just like Lost
Just like everything you dumb fuck
>>
>>93568663
Nah, good stories are actually planned out ahead of time.

Dont be a plebber
>>
>>93568658
Nick Spencer's too busy trolling Marvel readers these days.
>>
>>93568339
The thing to remember about Image is it's essentially a vanity press. They don't have a cigar chomping editor sat behind a mahogany desk yelling
"Lesbians!! I need black disabled Lesbians! Parker what am I paying you for get me 8 issues about the patriarchy or your fired!!!"
All their creators are independent what ever they want to write, that's what Image publish. Even if it's Vescell level horse shit
>>
>not just reading a couple of issues online and making up your own mind instead of letting some rando youtuber dictate what you read and what your opinion and takeaway should be from said reading material
>>
>>93568706
Pot kettle, etc
>>
>>93568339
>Diversity and Comics
I really like his idea for RiRi Williams. I bet Marvel would love to see the back of him though.
>>
>>93568339
>Bitch Planet: It apparently is about a planet to which non-conforming women are exiled, all while feminists want all women to conform to their regressive ideology.
this actually makes it sound like it's the sjws that are the bad guys.
>>
Remember when Image was really hot for a minute?

Things really hit the wall when they ran out of talent to poach and people started realizing all Image books are the fucking same.
>>
>>93568597
if you don't supply an arguement to back up such a vague statement, then can you really blame people for thinking you have petty reasons to do so?
>>
>>93568590
I know right ? It just seems downright pathetic to put this much energy into hating comics. I mean I know this is 4chan and everything but: Don´t these people have SOMETHING going on in their life ? Anything ?
>>
>>93568788
I can think people are wrong for jumping to conclusions based on nothing, yes
>>
File: 129101448176972633.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
129101448176972633.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>93568790
>Don´t these people have SOMETHING going on in their life ?
For some reason, comic nerds always end up being the pettiest of all nerds.
>>
>>93568781
>instead of a superhero comic, it's a fantasy/sci-fi comic
>with a bunch of swearing and ultraviolence so people know it's for adults
>and the best part is, I can be even less subtle with the sociopolitical commentary!

I have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>93568812
I always thought it was a joke, that people buy things they hate just to bitch...guess not
>>
>>93568693

This. It's why SJW shit in Image comics although less subtle, is more tolerable. In that at least it's NOT corporate mandated bullshit. Anyone can publish whatever they want, as long as it sells.
>>
>>93568339
Manifest Destiny is the only thing from Image that's currently worth reading.
>>
>>93568339
I would also be interested in that.
I don´t want to buy comics that push sjw crap
>>
>>93568339

Saga and bitch Planet is still good though
>>
>>93568590
>these people devote way too much time and energy to it.
they are making money out of it. You'd do it too if you got paid to be angry
>>
>>93568339
>Recently I have been watching a lot of videos on a Youtube channel called "Diversity & Comics" and that guy destroyed some comics that I planned to read.
>Unironically admitting you haven't even read those comics because some faggot on Youtube talked some shit about them and that you're just spouting the very same bullshit
>>
>>93569761
Saga's quality is directly proportional to how often Robot appears.
>>
>muh sjw
>boohoo

It's time to stop. No one is forcing you to read these things. There's plenty of comics without "sjw pandering". Go read Black Panther or go read something that isn't Marvel or DC.
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (19KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
19KB, 575x323px
>>93570555
>go read something that isn't Marvel or DC.
>image thread
>>
>>93568568

You're on 4chan and from /pol/. You're desperately asking other people to censor your media in case you run into ideas you aren't comfortable with. You are the definition of faggot.
>>
>>93568781
>ran out of talent
everyone of note writes through them these days though. The only ones that don't are Morrison and Moore and they're just hipster faggots
>>
>>93568339
>SJW
I don't understand why content gets this label. Gay people can read stories with straight people without a problem and non-white people can read stories with white people with out a problem, but people get triggered when the stories are about people who aren't white or straight.
Maybe I'm not understanding where the line of SJW is drawn, but it looks like capturing anything outside of a straight white reality makes people think politics first.
>>
>>93570555
>DC.
DC almost never dopes that though. At least not as much as Marvel. Marvel is poison these days. I want to read Spider Gwen and am afraid of purchasing a political pamphlet with pictures of heroes.
>>
>>93570695
I don't think it's about the presence of gay or minority characters, but when the gay or minority characters are included as tokens or used as blunt instruments (Marvel's America is the best example I can think of), it is really frustrating as a reader that just wants a good story, or anything besides a propaganda piece.

Chew had gay and minority characters in it, handled well throughout.
>>
>>93570790
Pretty much this. I am Hispanic and never even thought aboiut any of this race crap. I just cared for the good story and didn't care about there not being Hispanics in shows. Now they they stick niggers in everything including only being the dudes fucking the main white chick, it starts to bug me. Like if those faggots are being pushed then they have to do it with the rest of us. But i would rather it not happen at all, and just give us a good story without bringing in race baiting issues or random fags that don't add anything to the story.
>>
>>93570857
>Now
Tokenism is pretty old. People were angry about the black Charlie Brown character back in the day. There's only a few stories with interracial couples, but they stand out and make people think SJW instead of it being something someone wants to write and something that just happens in reality. Life is full of random fags too. Started a job a year ago and I'm still learning who is gay.
>>
>>93570732
>I want to read Spider Gwen and am afraid of purchasing a political pamphlet with pictures of heroes.
holy shit, the faggotry on the board is crazy today. Just read what you want to read.
>>
>>93570857
>or random fags that don't add anything to the story

The problem is that hardly anyone asks straight while males to justify their existence as characters.
>>
>>93570924
>Tokenism is pretty old
Yeah but they never shilled the whole race thing and it was more a s a joke or occasional thing that actually taught a lesson. They don't constantly keep doing it over and over and over. And fags were the butt of every joke. Those were the days. Japan still knows how irrelevant gays are.
>>
>>93570952
>Just read what you want to read.
Why read something that is not at all going to focus on story telling and and instead just shove the writers political opinion on you every page? I don't pay for that shit.
>>
>>93570954
>hardly anyone asks straight while males to justify their existence as characters.
>Hardly anyone asks normal to justify being normal
>>
>>93570989
>Hardly anyone asks normal to justify being normal
> the whole world is america
>>
>>93568590
It's kinda like WWE fans these days, they bitch and bitch about how every little thing about the product is shit nowadays and yet they continue to eat up every little thing they put out.
>>
>>93571007
On which country is it normal for fags to be the majority? Aside form yours apparently.
>>
>>93570975
the DON'T read Spider Gwen. It's not like she's a deep character with tons of material that you are invested in. Or do you only want to like her cause
>Hur dur, she's mah new Waifu and I've never read a book of her cause she's literally brand new
>>
>>93570924
I don't think Franklin was an original Peanuts character. Introducing a character just so they can be black isn't really interesting.

>>93570954
Sorry, man, but if you're going to make a big deal about a character being gay, you've at least got to explain why it's a big deal. It's difficult when you're being told it's not a big deal if someone is gay (or otherwise different) and then writers or publishers make a big deal about it when a character is gay (or otherwise different). I used Chew as an example earlier, and I'll continue, I understand why John Colby was written as a bisexual character- so he could create a funny and interesting dynamic between his boss at the FDA and Tony. Later, it was expanded on, but it was never a "big deal" that he was bisexual. I had empathy for the character, there wasn't too much attention drawn to it, and it was within my suspension of disbelief. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>93570961
It's weird that you want to take comics back to minority characters existing to make a point or a joke and then getting out before we see them as anything other than that.
>>
>>93571034
Wow how fucking mad can you get? I just want her to be a web slinging hero saving the day and looking hot while doing it, with no politics shoved in it. Is that too much to ask these days?
>>
>>93571053
Read one of the other spider-character books then. They never have a shortage of them and most of them are boring as fuck cause that shit has been done to death.
>>
>>93571047
Or make comics about them by minorites and not white liberals who think they know how said minority acts? Seeing Paco character number 15 adding random unnecessary Spanish words in his sentences is getting old. And it is not how most of us talk. Honestly just don't add the uncomfortable race baiting they add into everything. And you know damn well the only minority characters being shilled hard are blacks. Cisco Ramon and so far Marco from Star VS are the only cool Hispanic main characters I can think of that aren't a walking stereotype.
>>
>>93571080
I have a thing for Gwen Stacy. I always liked her over MJ. I like blondes..... a lot. And that hairband hhhnnnnnggg
>>
>>93571098
>I like blondes..... a lot. And that hairband hhhnnnnnggg
and people wonder why comics are looked down on.
>>
>>93571053
Not that anon, but if you don't like what they're doing with Spider Gwen then just don't read it. I don't give a shit about black characters or LGBT characters being in comics so long as they're well written, but if comics like Spider Gwen are shit to me, I'd stop reading it.
>>
>>93571123
Who cares, they will eventually start being like video games. Video games used to be exclusively for nerds and now hot chicks pretend to enjoy them on youtube and twitch. Let comics be, it doesn't need the approval of normies.
>>
>>93571154
>but if you don't like what they're doing with Spider Gwen
But I haven't read it at all. I said I want to, but judging by that response it is a political pamphlet right?
>>
File: killyourselfoveranipodyoucunt.jpg (17KB, 350x416px) Image search: [Google]
killyourselfoveranipodyoucunt.jpg
17KB, 350x416px
>>93568339
>I don't like ideology shoved down my throat via entertainment
I don't think you know what this means.

I think you're a child with no perspective or experience and you should probably lurk the fuck moar before posting.
>>
>>93571035
Who makes a big deal about gay characters? I don't follow the blogs so I don't see what people are saying, I just read what I want because marketing is almost always obnoxious and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

There was that gay character in that Dragon Age video game that /v/ was saying that the studio was making a big deal about without being a substantial character, but no one could quote the studio or any of their marketing efforts beyond the clickbait "journalists" who write awful headlines on purpose for SJW and anti-SJW alike. I was curious and someone linked a Q&A about the character, and in it the studio representative spent like a 1/5 (maybe less, I remember being surprised) of the interview talking about the character being gay and how that relates to the story. And it was actually kind of interesting, but not good enough to keep it from being a bad game.
What I'm trying to say is that there's this kneejerk reaction some people have anytime they see someone outside of straight and white.
>>
>>93571053
>with no politics shoved in it

Vigilantism in itself is political, idiot.
>>
>>93568535
>disliking Ms. Marvel
This guy clearly doesn't even hate on the right Diversity Comics
>>
>>93571229
>Vigilantism in itself is political, idiot.
You made that much of a stretch to make a come back? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>93571216
>>93571216
yeah, and it's not like there aren't hundreds of other comics and games that people can still enjoy. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO CATER TO YOU SPECIFICALLY. Don't like it, find something else.
>>
>>93571083
Writers can write characters that are outside their race. I'm Hispanic too and I'm "whiter" than the white people I work with. There's just too many ways someone can actually be that keeps me from being offended by how these minority characters are portrayed most of the time.
>And you know damn well the only minority characters being shilled hard are blacks.
I didn't know that but thanks for telling me what I know.
>>
File: Action+Comics+86[1].jpg (89KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
Action+Comics+86[1].jpg
89KB, 400x571px
>BAWWW BAWWW COMICS WERE NEVER ABOUT POLITICS THIS IS A TOTALLY NEW AND STUPID TREND I NOTICED AS I THE OP TURNED 14

Superman sez: buy war bonds! Then kill yourself.
>>
>>93570989
Normal isn't everyone being a straight white male. Absolutely normal would be following the percentage quotas of the setting exactly, which usually would involve a one or two gay characters.
>>
Have you seen The Walking Dead's new character "Princess"? I hope she's a parody of SJW culture since Kirkman always seemed pretty redpilled.
>>
>>93571035
>but if you're going to make a big deal about a character being gay

Companies rarely make it a big deal unless they're specifically targeting and pandering to the queer market. It's whiny little assholes who get triggered over gays existing in media that make the most noise.

Remember Alan Scott being gay? DC let it accidentally slip someone was going to be reintroduced as gay in an upcoming comic in a Q&A and the Internet blew up because idiots were lising their shit because they thought Batman was going to be outed as a homosexual, forcing DC to have a press conference to clarify they were going to introduce a gay Alan Scott in Earth 2. And after that all it was was anti-gay people whining about how muh GL can't be gay before the comic was even out.
>>
>>93571216
it is definitely a fact that queer characters are over-represented in comic books. In the last twenty-four hours, Marvel's Facebook page has shared two Pride month highlights of LGBT characters, and Occupy Avengers (not directly related, but still politically charged.)

Other than that, there's this picture of Captain America, and there was the Trump MODOK thing.

I don't disagree that poorly written queer characters get more flak than poorly written straight characters, but because the public has been told that representation matters very much to minority communities, I don't know what else can be expected. I've outlined my criteria, and I'll stand by it.
>>
File: 55.jpg (190KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
190KB, 960x960px
>>93568339
>censoring media
>>
>>93571314
Are they over represented? Now that the list is released, how does that match up with the complete list of characters?
>>
>>93571272
>Writers can write characters that are outside their race.
THIS is what pisses me off so much about today (and this is a problem across all mediums). Cultural appropriation is not a real thing, or is not a problem depending on how you classify it. An editor at a book publisher sent out a letter encouraging people to write outside their race. What happened? Him and others who supported his view ended up resigning from their positions. For what? Supporting progressive ideas? This nu-left idea of culture is all about splitting people up into catagories and as an old school leftist it's pissing me off. It used to be about unity and inclusion but now only blacks can write blacks. only gays can write gays.

I wonder what they would have thought about Elvis playing 'black music' if he were around today.
>>
>>93571314

Because it's Pride month. It's basic marketing.
>>
>>93571406
It's not a requirement that they do this. DC seems to have done nothing, Image changed their profile picture but nothing else.
>>
Remember kids, politics and comics have always been separate! This is a new development that should make you angry!
>>
File: 1439867306840.jpg (273KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1439867306840.jpg
273KB, 800x800px
>>93568339
>SJW

stopped reading right there

take your whiney political bullshit somewhere else
>>
>>93571498
>>93571273
No, you guys don't get it, political ideology in comics is OK as long as it's one I agree with!
>>
>>93571371
The thing is is that nu-left voice is in the minority, but it's a loud minority. Appropriation is real and it's good to have conversations about the limited view of each individual experience, but we can at least suspend our disbelief.
>>
>>93571455
Yes, and? It fits entirely with how Marvel operates. If it triggers you so much, stop reading Marvel. Crying about them being progressive and hip to what kids of the day care about is you being mad over something that has been a thing for over fifty years now.
>>
>>93571498
>i should not expect any progress to be made in 70 years
>>
>>93571455
DC didn't do MUCH but they did some extra talking about Midnighter and Apollo
>>
>>93568339

But Ed Brubaker is a massive SJW.
>>
>>93571523
The only real case I ever saw of actual cultural appropriation was by the Chinese on Tibet. I remember I was watching some video about a Tibetan dog breed and this Chinese guy was talking about how that breed was such an important part of Chinese history and culture. And that's when it hit me, that guy and the Chinese really do consider Tibetan history to be part of Chinese history since Tibet is now occupied by China, and that was real cultural appropriation, not writing a comic about a race other than your own.
>>
>>93571523
the problem is, at least when this topic is raised, is that no one in the main stream left even questions it.
>Appropriation is real
Only if you are TAKING SOMETHING AWAY. Otherwise it's call SHARING OF IDEAS AND CULTURE and that is a good thing because people learn and communicate with others.
>>
>>93571531
I don't pay to read Marvel, and I don't cry about it. I tolerate it. But I hope you can understand my disappointment when I see a character that I find aesthetically appealing (like America) but is written very poorly, despite the potential for good storytelling. It's just feedback and discussion.

>>93571540
I think that Image and DC did an acceptable amount. The politics don't penetrate their page, require some digging. Three politically charged posts in one day is too much for me.
>>
>>93571612
Then read Ultimates, not America. There's always going to be shitty comics about any given thing.
>>
File: JTC-tracts[1].jpg (474KB, 1161x1600px) Image search: [Google]
JTC-tracts[1].jpg
474KB, 1161x1600px
You know that I want to see in comics? It sounds crazy but you remember those J.T.C. comics you'de see lying around at your christfag friend's house? Those really tripped me out as a kid. Like there was some heavy handed prejudice and subject matter in there. Way above the paygrade of a 10 year old. But, they were right. And normal people should guard themselves against homosexuality, and devil music, and foreign religion/culture. And we need our heroes to teach us this.

So yeah. I want some kids to be walking by a gay pride parade and some aids riddled homo to come up to them and be like 'arent you the cutie 3.14s' and then Captain America to come out of nowhere and be like 'get behind the shield kids, its aids proof'. Thats what I want to see.

I know it sounds like a /pol/ wet dream but there is a reason homosexuality has been so reviled. And muslim countries are all so fucked up. And the reasons are things that SUPERHEROES would NEVER align themselves with. So yeah, thats the big problem that they'll never be able to reconcile with so long as the push the SJW agenda.
>>
>>93571612
>Three politically charged posts in one day is too much for me.

Wow, THREE posts? Goodness me, I bet you're literally shaking for having to stand seeing so much propaganda on a fucking Facebook page!
>>
>>93571612
>Three politically charged posts in one day is too much for me.
I don't understand why anyone would want to follow most of Marvel writers/management on twitter.

I'm fine with how much DC and Image did and I'm fine with Marvel making a bigger deal out of it (it does reflect how big a deal they make it in their comics). For Pride month, sure do something, that's fine. But writing good stories should be your number 1 priority.
>>
>>93571685
Marketing and editing are two separate departments, anon.
>>
>>93571098
Why are you bothering arguing with a woman?
>>
>>93571663
get back to getting ass fucked by the devil Chick
>>
>>93571685
>>93571673
I only brought it up because I was asked to provide evidence of them making a big deal about their minority characters. While it isn't a perfect test, it was convenient.

>>93571643
I understand that, but I also don't think there's any harm in wishing that things were better.
>>
>>93568339
>No Invincible
>No Spawn
>No Savage Dragon
>Not even fucking walking dead

So did you just google image and then go to the first result so you could be told what to like? Really how do you miss their biggest brands yet somehow zero in on the books they put out for a small audience?
>>
>>93571663
Thanks m8, had a hearty laugh.
>>
>>93571663
I want this, but with comics and cartoons. These things ruin our lives and distract us from things that actually matter.
>>
>>93571722
Couple of PR posts made due to Pride Months isn't evidence over-representation, it's evidence of you being a snowflake that is triggered over social media activity.
>>
>>93571663
I'd unironically read a modern ultra-conservatice Bible Belt comic.
>>
>>93568422
He doesn't just shit on bad comics. He has some good reviews for comics that deserve it.
>>
>>93571776
If you use "triggered" unironically, you have no argument.
>>
>>93568339
Image is about whatever the fuck a creator wants to do with their own free will.
Don't like it, don't support it
>>93571314
That's fan art
>>
>>93571782
Right dude? It could be so edgy and contrarian just by being traditional. Flip the script.
>>
>>93571776
Once again, I can tolerate this, but liking it is very different. If I wanted to start reading comics today, and went to Marvel's Facebook page, that's what I'd see. And I'd be turned off from it.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (308KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
308KB, 731x720px
>>93571820
yeah, like 4chan hasn't swallowed the meme completely
>>
>>93571847
Not really I just think it would be hilarious.
>>
>>93571852
>And I'd be turned off from it.

And what a major loss for Marvel that would be.
>>
>>93571843
Which, the Captain America or the Trump MODOK?
>>
>>93571873
Cap
>>
>>93571511
In addition, he cross-posted this thread to /pol/.
>>
>>93571872
As someone who is pretty moderate, I can't imagine that I would be the only one who feels that way. I also can't believe you are so hostile to the idea of wanting to like something. I don't think Marvel is trying to turn the frogs gay or they need to go to church or anything. Just wish things was different is all.
>>
>>93571859
Well the point is that upholding tradition is definitely considered edgy and contrarian by today's standards.
>>
>>93571820
I'm triggered that you can't sense the irony in someone telling someone else that they're being triggered on 4chan.
>>
>>93571936
1950's conservative values are hardly "tradition", just what qualifies as "the good old days" at this point in time.
>>
File: ManifestDestiny_02-1.jpg (155KB, 477x733px) Image search: [Google]
ManifestDestiny_02-1.jpg
155KB, 477x733px
>>93569155
>>93569155
>>93569155
>>93569155
THIS YOU FUCKERS. BEST BOOK OUT RIGHT NOW. NO ONE FUCKING READS IT.

THERE'S ACTUAL SLAVES IN IT AND NO IDENTITY/POLITICAL BULLSHIT

READ THIS FUCKING BOOK YOU ASSHOLES.
>>
>>93571957
alright then fine lets just say the pendulum has swung as far as it can go towards all the sjw bullshit. now its time for it to swing back
>>
>>93571974
Looks fuckigng edgy. No thanks.
>>
>>93571889
>cross-posted this thread to /pol/.
If that's real, for fucks sakes man.
/pol/bait tends to become beating a dead horse because people don't follow comics to begin with.
It doesn't matter if the series is cancelled or the issue is years old or the writer has left, if it's canon, if it's well written, it'll just keep being treated as if it was hot new.
You also see obvious glares like assuming that Simon Baz did replace Hal entirely or how thinking Green Arrow's obnoxious left wing ideas are a new thing altogether.
Regardless of what you think of Faiza, it should be noted that her becoming Captain Britain is from a years old alternate universe.
She didn't stick that way and yet it became prime /pol/bait given today's fucked up shit.
>>
>>93571924

Look dude, if you are someone who thinks they have to go to Marvel's Facebook page to find a way to read comics and then is immediately put off by three pro-lbgtq posts to such degree that they never want to read Marvel comics again, you were never going to like or read their comics to begin with.
>>
>>93571974
>Good books
>Getting attention
Will check it out
>>
>>93572003
>If that's real, for fucks sakes man.
>>>/pol/131989053 (archived)
>>
>>93571993
Not edgy at all, just pointed otu the slave thing so people understand its not written from the SJW point of view, the slaves aren't even treated badly and no REAL racism is included, just saying this is a great book with hardly no political angle.
>>
File: 1440464202834.gif (954KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440464202834.gif
954KB, 400x300px
>>93571986
>mfw the pendulum swings back
>>
>>93568339
>shoved down my throat
Those series you listed are aimed at people who want to read about that shit. No one is shoving anything down your throat since you can literally just read one of their other comics or not read anything from them at all, which it sounds like you don't.
>>
>>93571511
>using a picture of a raging sjw to inform op you don't care about sjws
lel

He used to be a cool guy, but now he's a numale tier whiny faggot ;_;
>>
>>93572029
>Some genuine discussion and recommendations and counterarguments against the notion that everything is politically correct bullshit
Huh, I'm honestly relieved
>>
>>93572012
>x of your friends like marvel comics
>maybe i should check out comic books, that guardians of the galaxy movie was pretty neat
>click
>scroll down, nothing but gay content
>>
>waaaah why are they putting politics in a comic book
Nobody's forcing you to read those books you fucking faggot. If you don't like it, don't read it.
>>
File: IMG_0807.jpg (51KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0807.jpg
51KB, 625x626px
>>93572108
>>
File: 1425131642395.png (308KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1425131642395.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>93572148
>it's only okay when tumblr does it
You have to go back.
>>
>>93572081
>/pol/ is better than /co/
fuck me..
>>
File: 1498426667243.jpg (129KB, 1018x364px) Image search: [Google]
1498426667243.jpg
129KB, 1018x364px
>>93572180
haha, rekt
>>
>>93572180
Except /co/ does recommendation threads all the time and for the most part are eager to do so.
>>
>>93572172
you can call it bait all you want, but it's more than likely something that will happen today.
>>
>>93571986
Well, that's not gonna happen. In 20 years time, things are gonna change & the 2010s are gonna looked upon as "the good old days." You can't turn back time, no matter how much you want too.
>>
>>93572178
What's the point of bitching about stuff you don't even read? Oh wait, I'm on /co/.
>>
File: SJW.png (176KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
SJW.png
176KB, 900x560px
Made this for you fellas.
>>
>>93568339
Why do I get the feeling OP has called others trigger snowflakes before
>>
>>93572343
Can't wait for people to cry about this pic. Good job, m8
>>
>>93572366
The truth is a hard pill to swallow for some people.
>>
>>93572343
fuck off Snyder
>>
File: SJW.png (176KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
SJW.png
176KB, 900x560px
>>93572382
Fixed a typo.
>>
>>93572365
Looking at the posts he made in the /pol/ thread, he's likely another /pol/tard.
>>
>>93572343
Thanks, rooney
>>
>>93568590
>"I hate Marvel so much I'm buying issues of theirs that I hate to destroy them!"
What a bunch of retards, if you don't like a companies output then just don't buy that shit
>>
>>93572422
You're welcome! I just want people to see what they're doing is wrong and to enjoy the comic books they actually enjoy. /co/ is love.
>>
>>93572264

This. /co/ is way nicer than it should be to newfags as long as they don't act like retards. Hell, he could have worded it like "are these comics worth reading if I don't particularly agree/care for the author's opinions" and people would have likely recommended other shit.
>>
File: fswew.png (26KB, 399x475px) Image search: [Google]
fswew.png
26KB, 399x475px
Friendly reminder that tripfags that contribute nothing but their worthless opinion are attentionwhores, and should be filtered as such.

>>93572342
You tell me. Tumblr bitches about comics they don't read frequently, but you don't rag on them.
>>
>>93569761
>bitch Planet is still good though
When they can be bothered to actually ship an issue, did you mean? Because the filler crap that came out last month was weak.
>>
>>93572325
>things are gonna change & the 2010s are gonna looked upon as "the good old days."
Its all cyclical. The last days of the Roman Empire were known for all the same degeneracy we see now and more. The Weimar Republic in Germany after WW1 was the peak of degeneracy in the history of the world. Theres a little maxim that explains a lot of what we see today, and what we have seen and what we will see. Strong men make good times. Good times make weak mean. Weak men make bad times. Bad times make strong men.
>>
>>93572343
Cerebus is the comic that should unite both /pol/ posters and anti-/pol/ posters. Dave Sim swallowed the red pill, the blue pill, the black pill, and more. There's something in there for everyone.
>>
>>93572490
Good thing we're not on tumblr and therefore I have no reason to care about what tumblr does, then.
>>
>>93572490
>Tumblr bitches about comics they don't read frequently, but you don't rag on them.

/co/ complains constantly about this. If you like anything with a considerable tumblr following (like transformers), the "I have an opinion based on this one panel" thing is a real problem.
>>
>>93572343
The actual comic book fan should say something about gladly supporting writers and underrated current titles with cash
>>
>>93572564

> buytheflinstones.jpg
>>
>>93572490
>but you don't rag on them.
This place laughed at cunts who burnt down Secret Empire's free comic book day issue.
This place blames tumblr for keeping Unbeatable Squirrel Girl alive
This place deplores the tumblr style and writing.
>>
>>93572571
Buying a corporate-owned comic doesn't support the creators. You should buy creator-owned comics if you want to support the creators.
>>
>>93572490
>but you don't rag on them.
Are you out of your mind?
>>
File: SJW.png (180KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
SJW.png
180KB, 900x560px
>>93572599
>>93572595
>>93572564
>>
>>93572599

It was a joke about everyone reccomending the flinstones when someone asks about pull lists, anon.
>>
>>93568339
>>93568404
>>93568447
Really kill yourself faggot and rid this world of your pathetic existence.
>>
>>93572627
>Buy the Flintstones
>Support indie comics, not giant corporations
That's hypocritical
>>
>>93572627
Combine them.
>Don't support giant corporations, support indie comics, like The Flintstones!
>>
>>93572627
/pol/ crybaby should say
>Buying comics
>>
>>93572653
>Image
>indie
Really jogs the noggin
>>
File: 1407899168678.jpg (290KB, 722x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1407899168678.jpg
290KB, 722x1463px
>>93571663
Oh yeah we had something kind of like that for awhile.
>>
>>93572627
Right should acknowledge that cape isn't the only genre in western comics
>>
>>93572681
It is though.

>it's an "only self-published comics count as indie" issue
Lol no.
>>
>>93572490
I wouldn't know what comics Tumblr bitches about because I don't go to Tumblr
>you don't rag on them
I'm anonymous so you don't know jack shit about what I do. When I say "if you don't like a book, then don't read it", I don't mean that for you specifically, I mean that for everyone. I don't like recent trends in comics either, but you know what? I don't buy or read books that I don't like. I read and support the books that I enjoy, and leave it at that. Vote with your wallet. Constantly bitching on a chinese cartoon board isn't going to make anything better. It's just just going to leave you even more bitter at the end of the day.
>>
File: SJW.png (183KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
SJW.png
183KB, 900x560px
>>93572658
KEK

>>93572674
>>93572695
>>
Are /v/tards crossboarding because of all the video games shit lately, usual /tv/ shitters, summerfags fagging away or /co/ is really turning into /v/ and /tv/? Not that these things are exclusive but this board really goes to shit everyday except for Wednesday.
>>
>>93571943
Are you just going to rely on irony as the backbone of your conversational skills for the rest of your life or are you ever going to try sincerity?
>>
>pls give me trigger warnings
Jesus Christ this board is hot garbage.
>>
>>93572704
>mainstream genre fiction faggotry
>indie
Oh yeah, I also like watching indie movies from my favourite indie director Nolan, nobody has heard of the guy, makes really obscure gems.
>>
>>93572756
It's been this way for a couple fucking years now.
>>
>>93572804
>it's not indie if I don't like the genre
Fucking LOL!
>>
>>93572803
Then leave faggot, walk away from the computer and get some fresh air and shave that neckbeard.
>>
>>93572784
I sincerely hope this is a joke post.
>>
>>93572509
It's not to that extent though. We aren't going to be in another dark ages as it were before. It's more of a spiral than a cycle; similar but different.
>>
>>93572826
You say that like its some arduous thing to do, please don't project your patheticness onto me, anon.
>>
>>93572824
There's a main distinction here, mainstream. Image is mainstream, it's not fucking indie.
>Fucking LOL!
>LOL
>!
Fuck off reddo. Go read good comics first if you actually want to pretend to be a hipster.
>>
>>93572343
>some minorities actually have it harder
no.
show me a fucking non - DC comic where the nonwhite person isn't fucking handed shit on a golden platter NIBBUH
>>
>>93572845
If every motherfucker here is ironic shitposting literally every god damned post, and not one motherfucker cares or takes it to heart when people keep saying "ironic shitposting is still shitposting", then how the fuck can you ever have a god damned conversation?

That's the way this fucking board is now. That's the way this whole fucking SITE is now. I swear to god we used to be able to talk about things and not just pretend to be what we hate back and forth to make each other angry.
>>
>>93572807
Nah the board is worse off than it was a year ago.
>>
>>93572871
It's not arduous, it's just a necessary thing for you given your condition.
>>
>>93572878
>if it's a popular genre then it's not indie
>if it's an unpopular genre then it is indie
Wew.

Have you ever considered that "indie" refers to the method of publication? That's how everybody else on the planet uses it, apart from you and your one-man crusade.
>>
>>93572893
Allowing phoneposting was a mistake.

Think about it. Shit started going downhill fast after phoneposting became a thing, because with a mobile device you're literally unbannable for more than 2 minutes, if you have at least 2 braincells to rub together. It's no risk shitposting made easy.
>>
>>93572991
Absolute twaddle.
>>
>>93572509
You very clearly don't know shit about history beyond some bullshit platitudes.
>>
>>93568339
Remender's very SJW-y in a low-key way.

I read Tokyo Ghost and it's a thinly-veiled polemic against Western civilisation, apparently written by a man with a very romanticised and utterly erroneous view of Japan. Worth thumbing through for Sean Gordon Murphy's art though.
>>
>>93572991
What the technology or the moderators allow doesn't mean shit. People will always find a way to do what they want to do.

What matters is that THIS is what people actually want to do.

Every fucking faggot on 4chan would rather shitpost than be real. Why would anyone want to come to a place like that? We all hate each other, we all hate this place, we all KNOW it. The only reason any of us is still here is addiction and having nowhere better to go.
>>
>>93572509
>people actually believe this bullshit
Go back to your containment board. You clearly don't know jack shit about history
>>
>>93572991
Posting period was a mistake.
The best /co/ has been in a year was those 12 hours last month when posting was impossible for 90% of users and we were all scared Hiro was making the site pay only.
>>
>>93568339
>he protagonist's son is a doofus while his daughters are all about science, adventure and fighting.
The son wasn't a doofus as a child, he became one after his father was murdered and his sisters were kidnapped.
>>
>>93572991
I shitpost all the time, only time I've ever been banned was storytiming and MY GOD THERE WAS A NIPPLE!
>>
>>93572939
So the newest Nolan and Scorsese movie is indie then? Because your definition of indie is "non IP work." Indie is auteur driven avant grade text, Image isn't that. Broaden your horizons my man.
>>
>>93573107
You don't get it. The difference between old school ban evasion is that it takes at least 15 minutes each time and requires some fiddling skills, but mobile only takes 2 minutes tops and requires no skills.

With old school you actually have to put effort into your shitposting, but with mobile you just go take a piss when you get banned and then you're back to shitposting like nothing happened.
>>
>>93572893
>I swear to god we used to be able to talk about things

That's just nostalgia talking. There was just as much mindless shitposting before. The only significant change are generals and people growing self-entitled enough to lazily demand other people to storytime their pirate comics every Wednesday for them.
>>
>>93573139
Served you right, you degenerate.
>>
>>93573151
>Because your definition of indie is "non IP work."
Please show me where I said this.

You can't because I didn't.

Are you just messing around now because you no longer feel like having a genuine and honest conversation?
>>
>>93573164
Most shitposting isn't even stuff you can get banned for though, it's just pretending to have an extremist opinion that's the opposite of whoever you're replying to
>>
>>93573188
Why don't you answer my question first?
>>
>>93573072
>>93573114
you don't know shit about what I know and dont know
>>
>>93573230
The way you talk about the fall of the Roman Empire proves you don't know shit. The way you try to reduce complex events to stupid little maxims proves you know less than shit.
>>
>>93572893
This all started because you don't like the word "triggered" being thrown around ironically or unironically. If you are having trouble with something so simple, you should probably find something more worthwhile to do than posting on an anonymous message board.
>>
>>93572509
What's the correlation between degeneracy and civilization falling? Because Romans were fucking little boys throughout their entire history, not just at the end there?
>>
>>93573299
I guess Romans were kind of like the Democrats.
>>
>>93573299
>Civilized
When I approve of it
>Degenerative
When I don't approve of it
>>
>>93573335
Yah, they were open about their faggotry instincts unlike Republicans.
>>
>>93573230
Well I definitely know that you don't know shit about history because you implied that Rome/Weimar Republic fell because of degeneracy
>>
>>93573299
so were every other civilization around that time.
>>
>>93573299
Not to mention most of the reports of "degeneracy" in the Roman Empire are either bullshit or overblown, most sources of those things are either political propaganda or smear campaigns. Also they seem to think that the excesses of the rich of Rome during the late Empire mattered towards it's decline when Rome itself served no political purpose since like 400AD.
>>
>>93573409
>most sources of those things are either political propaganda or smear campaigns

But anon! Caesar got fucked in exchange of boats!
>>
>>93573335
Rome fucked little boys, Rome is in Italy, Italy invented pizza, Rome was Pizzagate. You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>93573363
I didn't though. But Caligula's Court? I mean come on. History both contemporary and ancient is peppered with periods of celebrated degeneracy. And then the pendulum swings back.

You can ascribe whatever you want to collapse of civilizations. Personally I don't think the Roman Empire really 'fell', I mean not really but thats just the moniker.
>>
>>93571455
DC helped produce that Orlando Shooting issue earlier this year and let them use their characters in it, unlike Marvel who chose to not get involved. Some of Marvel's writers did stories for it, but no characters.
>>
>>93573450
>Caligula
Yeah they celebrated his degeneracy so hard they killed him for it.
>>
>>93573299
I heard that the Roman Empire really wasn't THAT progressive/degenerate and most of what we know was the propaganda perpetuated by Christian victors. The fall of the Rome is complicated, but saying that those who oppressed Christians fell in part because they were doing unchristian things sums it up in an easily digestible way. If they weren't Christian, they must be degenerate.
That's not to say that they didn't have their child fuckers. Even more funny, I heard that Romans were under the impression that they were the normal ones, but the Greeks were the child fuckers. But what do I know.
>>
>>93573263
Neither of the people using the word "triggered" were me, I'm a third party who showed up to complain about how you're both insincere faggots who ruin every conversation you show up to.
>>
>>93573488
Pedophile superhero when?
>>
>>93573435
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/05/19/anthony-weiner-sexting-investigation/

Alright, buddy. Have fun defending the Pedocratic party.
>>
>>93573450
There's no real way to tell if Caligula was as crazy as they say, usually when Roman politicians wanted an emperor on another important politician dead the ensuing assassination was most ofeten accompanied by a public smear campaign accusing the person of all kinds of outrageous shit.
>>
>>93573492
We were talking about comics and cartoons until you made this about semantics.
>>
>>93573488
And the notion that the Greeks were childfuckers was in so small part popularised by the Romans, who would eventually become known as childfuckers themselves. Ironic.
>>
>>93573540
That would be the Ephebocratic party, anon.
>>
>>93573578
It's like the word "hipster" or "SJW"; it doesn't mean anything beyond "those people weirder than me".
>>
>>93568590
shitting on "SJW" targets has always had a big audience these days
>>
File: hott Social workem comique lady.jpg (36KB, 360x313px) Image search: [Google]
hott Social workem comique lady.jpg
36KB, 360x313px
mmm what about MAXX? mid nineties, lotta stuff about feminism but the character Julie Winters talked sh•t about the whole victim complex that seems to have encompassed the movement since then... truly ahead of its time, methinks
>>
>>93573586
mmm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/26/bill-de-blasio-staffer-arrested-on-child-pornograp/
>>
>>93573450
>I didn't though
you certainly made the connection there
>>
>>93573630
>mmm
>afraid to say "shit"
>methinks

Please tell me you're doing this on purpose. If so, why are you doing this?
>>
>>93573632
http://kfor.com/2017/03/24/former-state-senator-shortey-scheduled-for-arraignment-today-on-child-prostitution-charges/
>>
>>93573630
>sh•t
Get out, you fucking shitcunt. Your kind is not welcome here.
>>
>>93573681
Many people have but I didn't. I just made a point that people weren't always conservative prior to 1990, and they won't always be progressive from here on out.
>>
>>93572343
first line belongs on crybaby side
>>
>>93572887
I think they meant IRL
>>
File: Stupit!.png (330KB, 323x611px) Image search: [Google]
Stupit!.png
330KB, 323x611px
>>93573749
shitcunt. the fellow who is earnestly breakin out some "shitcunt" is bout to tell me where i'm welcome. i genuinely did not realize the average age on this board is so dangerously low. shoulda known. 'tsucks, cause once you realize how embarrassing u are, there's three more sixteen year olds that're gna take your place.
& the beat goes on...
>>93573704
mmm. yea 'mmm'. you misophonic bro? you get mad when your mom speaks gently? stirs a rage inside you or somethin? the fellow who posted after me happened to post the same 'mmm', what an utter coincidence. i aint afraid-a crap m'man, it's a posting style that arose from 2.5 yrs of s4s as my homeboard. 'hoyp doyp S4S ur HOMEBOARD? laaaayve! facking laaayve!' literally GET over it dude. yall take yoselves 2 srsly
>>
>>93573976
>incapable of proper spelling
>calls others underage
Pot, kettle, etc.

Go back to your containment board.
>>
>>93573976
I care more about Maxx than I do about /pol/ posting. Glad to know that you're just doing this to get a reaction.
>>
>>93574094
It's usually underaged /v/ niggers that flood other boards with their autism. You can tell it's summer when there are 5 pol bait threads are up in catalogue with /v/tier format.
>>
>>93574094
you'd think comic book fanatix would understand the concept of taking liberties with spelling & punctuation to emphasize the way something is exprest. step off the soapbox ma dude, no1 who matters gives a sh•t.
>>93574154
wat pol, WAT? POL? i aint OP. the MAXX post was ma first post in this thread. was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on how the feminism in that series factored into the social-justice crusade of today-times. its yr kneejerk us&them mentality, the visceral reaction you had to the inconsequential details of my posts that got me thinkin u probly got a few months or years to go til you're actually allowed to post here. WOOH nailedem
>>
>>93574260
You asked why I responded to you and not the other guy who also wrote "mmm" and I told you why. You posted about Maxx and the other guy posted a link about a politician.
>>
>>93574431
ah. ah yes. story chex out.
what's yr problem with 'mmm'?
nvm it's all a wash
>>
>>93568339
heh
>>
>>93575077
Sorry, no more rage farming for you. Thread has been on autosage for a while now.
>>
>>93568422
It's kinda weird if you think about it
>>
>>93573076
>utterly erroneous view of Japan

Don't pretend you know any better anon. Remender probably knows more than you desu senpai.
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.