[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We fix Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Rick and Morty.jpg (3MB, 2981x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty.jpg
3MB, 2981x1750px
I'll go first. Reddit spacing for clarity.

>Either give Rick a less shallow ideology, or frequently have him proven wrong.

>Treat Rick's assholery as morally and factually wrong, not a lovable, quirky, and brutally honest. The comedy can come from Rick being a genius with science, but a moronic asshole with everything else, deluded by his various personality flaws, and too arrogant to consider another perspective or admit to being incorrect.

>Keep Rick from being over-powered. Allow him to be vulnerable and not have everything under control all the time. He functions far too much as a character for the writers and audience to live vicariously through in his current incarnation.

>Avoid reliance on Rick's portal gun and the vastness of space for plots.

>Give Morty's character more credit and more clearly cast Rick's dickishness towards his grandson as short-sighted and morally wrong (i.e. Rick belittles Morty for his lack of intelligence and overlooks his kindness, because Rick's values are horribly skewed and/or comparing other people to himself on the basis of intelligence is the only way for him to not feel like a worthless piece of shit).

>Stop depending on rehashed Beth and Jerry drama for B plots.

>Give Beth more of a presence.

>Don't let the writers introduce dramatic elements they're not willing to follow through with, or will resolve almost immediately after introducing them (eye-patch Morty, The Galactic Federation, The Council of Ricks, etc.) because they couldn't figure how to harmoniously integrate it with the comedy. It's messy and cheapens the drama when it's introduced, because it rarely ever has any bearing on future episodes.

>Don't let one of its creators have an out-sized confidence in his/her mediocre intelligence.

>Don't let the other one of its creators not have artistic ADD and an inappropriately lackadaisical attitude toward his/her show.

>Have an artist or small team of artists create the style and design of the main cast.
>>
>>93558894
It's like by the majority outside of 4chan. Why would they want to change anything?
>>
>Either give Rick a less shallow ideology, or frequently have him proven wrong.

>Treat Rick's assholery as morally and factually wrong, not a lovable, quirky, and brutally honest. The comedy can come from Rick being a genius with science, but a moronic asshole with everything else, deluded by his various personality flaws, and too arrogant to consider another perspective or admit to being incorrect.

the show trusts you to know that he's wrong without beating you over the head with it

the fact that he's shown to be so miserable is all they need in this regard really

>Keep Rick from being over-powered. Allow him to be vulnerable and not have everything under control all the time. He functions far too much as a character for the writers and audience to live vicariously through in his current incarnation.

yeah it's kind of a power fantasy show when rick is the focus, but in case you haven't noticed, that kind of thing sells

>Avoid reliance on Rick's portal gun and the vastness of space for plots.
the portal gun and the space ship are kind of core to the show's premise - but there's still stuff like the Anatomy Park episode or the brain parasite one to shake things up

then there's stuff like "get schwifty" or the first TV episode where a lot of people would probably have preferred a space/interdimensional adventure
>>
>>93558894
So basically:
"give Rick a personality instead of having him just be Justin's soap box."
>>
>>93559149
>the show trusts you to know that he's wrong without beating you over the head with it

>the fact that he's shown to be so miserable is all they need in this regard really

I really don't buy that. Intellectually, I think the writers/creators know he's wrong, but they don't FEEL that way. They like Rick as a poor troubled asshole who's just too smart for his own good :^(
>>
>>93559184
He's more Dan's soapbox than Justin's.
>>
but rick IS shown to be an asshole who is sometimes wrong
>>
I have one

>Stop making shit-ass alternate reality TV episodes

They're not funny. They're just not. Justin and the others aren't as good as improv as they like to think they are. Give us actual episodes please
>>
>>93559308
They just need to learn babbling nonsense words is only funny to a point.
>>
>>93558894
the dramatic elements that show up and then leave are for adjusting the tone within that episode itself and occasionally setting up the plot of the next episode
>>
Here's my idea for a Rick & Morty episode that I believe will greatly improve the series. Please rate.

>Morty returns to school
>there's a new kid in class -- a handsome boy who's popular with all the girls, however despite this, he notices the lonely Morty and tries to include him in group activities
>suddenly an alien rampages through the school
>remembering the things Rick taught him, Morty is able to stop the alien and save his classmate's life
>ever since then, the boy has clung onto Morty, constantly calling him smart and incredible and overall making him fluster
>eventually the boy makes a move on Morty, placing his hand on Morty's, but that just causes him to freak out and leave
>since then, Morty avoids him
>one day, Morty comes home only to see the boy in a gunfight with Rick
>it's revealed that the boy is actually an assassin sent by one of Rick's enemies to kill him and that he was using Morty to get close to Rick, but realized he fucked that up when he hit on Morty
>boy actually gets the upper hand and is about to kill Rick when suddenly Morty moves in between the two, causing him to pause long enough for Rick to kill him
>Morty is traumatized seeing the first person to compliment him and possibly also the first to love him die
>episode ends leaving it ambiguous as to whether or not the boy was genuine about his feelings towards Morty
>>
Jerry is basically becoming the Meg Griffin of this show so if they could stop making the characters shit on him every second, that would be nice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.