[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any comic historians here? Someone once said to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 43669874_p1.jpg (62KB, 800x727px) Image search: [Google]
43669874_p1.jpg
62KB, 800x727px
Are there any comic historians here? Someone once said to me that Alan Moore intended to make Batman or Lex Luthor Superman's ex. Did this have something to do with Superboy? Is this at all true?
>>
>>93555630
>Someone once said to me that Alan Moore intended to make Batman or Lex Luthor Superman's ex.
You either misheard, misremember or were flat out lied to
>Did this have something to do with Superboy?
That was something about how Johns had the idea of Superboy's human genetics coming from Lex.
>Is this at all true?
Not really
>>
>>93555630
Comic historian here (well a historian who wrote his PHD on comics so I guess I am one), never fucking heard of this happening. Though even if he did, the idea for Superboy being Lex Luthor's 'son' wasn't put into comics until years after Moore stopped working at DC, and before then had been laughed at when Geoff Johns asked if that theory was true in a letters page. He later got a job at DC and made it canon.
>>
>>93555740
>Comic historian here
Damn, every time I have a question about something or someone odd in comics there's never a thread up for these sort of throwaway things, now that you're here I can't think of anything because OP's absurd inquiry distracted me.
>>
>>93555630
No. I mean at one point Moore was willing to have Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel have a child together in the Twilight of the Superheroes pitch, (and he probably got that idea from Superfolks) but as far as I know I don't think he's ever had any plans to make Batman or Luthor Sueprman's ex.
>>
File: tumblr_m0wf3qbVhJ1qakwwxo1_500.jpg (169KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0wf3qbVhJ1qakwwxo1_500.jpg
169KB, 500x609px
>>93555740
>>93555703
Thank ya both!

>>93555799
Keep the thread alive and post Superman then until you think of something.
>>
>>93555849
>one point Moore was willing to have Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel have a child together
The fuck was wrong with him? Jesus.
>>
>>93555980
>Twilight of the Superheroes
Go read the pitch Anon. I won't call it edgy, just Alan Moorish. It was an interesting idea about the top Meta humans basically taking over the earth and creating different clans basically dividing the earth and controlling it. Most low level metas move to Gotham (Plastic Man is a Gigalo) and join up with Batman who becomes a freedom fighter of sorts.

Also Billy Batson love BDSM.
>>
File: black billy2.jpg (86KB, 501x390px) Image search: [Google]
black billy2.jpg
86KB, 501x390px
>>93556106
>Also Billy Batson love BDSM.
>>
>>93556561
Is that a femboy lisp? What is that?
>>
What is it about the Marvel family that has the writers begging to put them in bondage?
>>
File: blackmary.jpg (109KB, 490x790px) Image search: [Google]
blackmary.jpg
109KB, 490x790px
>>93556617
No idea.
>>
File: JLAClass-04-Page (01).jpg (521KB, 1024x1564px) Image search: [Google]
JLAClass-04-Page (01).jpg
521KB, 1024x1564px
>>93556593
>>
>>93556617
Theyre the archtypal wholesome heroes. For inverting that image BDSM is considered the best thing, as its perceived one of the most depraved behaviours (remember, 'normies' are blissfully unaware of the really degenerate shit people are into), and its easy to allude to it without breaking PG.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.