[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /co/ misconceptions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Spidey & X-men.png (646KB, 768x498px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey & X-men.png
646KB, 768x498px
People think that Spider-man appeal is that he's a kid trying to be a Superhero, yet no one has that kind of perception with the original O5, despite the fact they were all in the same age range at their debuts. Hell, many people perceive Beast as this old guy.
>>
>>93553498
>Peter was a nice guy.
>>
>>93553498
Spider-man was popularized as someone who was learning all the time and kept screwing up. The X-men were popularized in their adult forms thanks to Claremont and the 90s show.
>>
Because peter was alone while the x-men were a team and led by a rich, genius social activist
>>
>>93553498
That's because no one read X-Men when the O5 were around, which is why they were cancelled.
>>
>>93553537
He really was an antisocial prick. Otto's basically bad end Peter
>>
>>93553598
I thought the claims that he had school shooter vibes in the early Ditko and Lee issues were just a meme, but going back and reading them. yeesh. It makes me think Ditko probably wanted Spider-man to be a darker character down the road, and due to conflicts with Lee that's why he left.
>>
>People think that Spider-man appeal is that he's a kid trying to be a Superhero

His appeal is being accessible. His color pallete is everyone's favorite colors, his powers are based on spiders (which is actually very creative and everyone's most hateble house bug), his life is a mess like most people's. Let's not forget that kids love him, which demands all kinds of merchadising and he's in every medium and media. He's known, that's his appeal.
>>
>>93553498
x-men overgrow o5 long time ago. They include all kinds of mutants from kids to senior citizens.
While Peter stays to be just Peter. Also his fighting style destined for young man. Old Wolverine is believable, Old Spider-Man - not so much.
>>
>>93553781
Well he's also funny, relatable, nice and humble, whereas someone like Batman is a brooding boring asshole.

people like Batman as well, though I suppose that's a different demographic.
>>
>>93553924
>though I suppose that's a different demographic.

Not really. Most casuals like the most superficial elements of a character anyway. People like Spidey's design and powersets. With Batman people like his design, and a gadgets, and the fact he's the most prolific none powered hero.

>funny, relatable, nice and humble

He's also annoying, whiny, and self loathing while

>brooding boring asshole.

Disciplined, calculated, and fierce

See? I can do it too.
>>
>>93553498
Oh. It's because X-Men wasn't any good until later.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.