[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Entertainment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: index.png (4KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
4KB, 355x142px
>comics are shit
> the tv division is shit (minus Daredevil and Luke Cage)
>cartoons are shit

What's the problem with them? Why can't they put something nice out even if their lives depend on it?
>>
File: 1498481462315.jpg (986KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498481462315.jpg
986KB, 3072x2048px
>>93549912
>Luke Cage)
Gonna ask you to retract that.
>>
>>93549988
fuck you I liked it.
>>
>>93549912
They're having an Identity Crisis.
>>
>>93549912
>Luke Cage
Cottonmouth is Dead, is shit now
>>
>>93549912
>Comics
I'm starting to see comic book fanbases as junkies - they will buy the next issue, they will be blown away and talk about major plot twists (why events are so popular), they will bitch about things they don't like and no matter how shit something is, they will buy the next issue just to see how things progress. As they read this inane bullshit, their minds begin to deteriorate as well and thus adults become children.

>TV
Most of their series are aimed at "normies" who watch shows like "The Librarians" and "CSI".

>Cartoons
Aimed at children, literally 5-10 year-olds. It doesn't matter how stupid the show is, kids will watch them because of the characters.

So, I mean, why put in the effort of creating "high art" which will stand the test of time ("Kraven's Last Hunt") when you can just tell expendable stories that people will still consume?
>>
File: good one.jpg (30KB, 174x281px) Image search: [Google]
good one.jpg
30KB, 174x281px
>>93550163
>buying comics
>>
Anyway how's their toy's? I've never picked them up but I bet they're Chinese trash tier.
>>
File: 1417195176882.jpg (8KB, 193x225px) Image search: [Google]
1417195176882.jpg
8KB, 193x225px
>>93550357
>toy's
>>
>>93549912
I don't know, OP. Agents of SHIELD has been some of the best TV I've seen all year.
>>
>>93549912
I fucking hate the summer. All the fucking shit posting.
>>
>>93549912
Marvel's TV division is pretty much a million times better than DC's. I mean, I didn't think Iron Fist was great either, but all the CW stuff DC does is fucking awful. Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are all good shows. JJ is the weakest, but it wasn't bad.

Their comics currently lack for good writers and strong editors. They recently did put some nice stuff out - the last Vision run is probably the best capeshit I've read in ages - but their focus on terrible events has left most current comics feeling misshapen and awkward.

Their cartoons are a mystery. I do not remotely understand that situation.
>>
>>93550023
I'd rather re-read Identity Crisis than most of current Marvel's output.
>>
>>93550493
Is he wrong though? No, he's not.
>>
>>93550547
>but all the CW stuff DC does is fucking awful
This I can agree with.
>but it wasn't bad
But it was. I wish I could go back in time and unwatch it.
>>
>>93549912
>minus daredevil and luke cage
>luke cage
Stopped reading right after that -_-'
>>
>>93550357
Depends on which toy line you're looking at. The quality of Marvel Legends has been on the rise lately
>>
>>93549912
Luke Cage was only good because of Cottonmouth.
Daredevil was only good in season 1 (fuck off Punisher fanboys)
Iron Fist and Jessica Jones are garbage you get when you let the "talent" that worked on Dexter do their thing.
>>
>>93549912
They don't care, about those, they don't make even 1% of what movies do.
>>
>>93549912
>Luke Cage
It was shit nigger, and DAD season 2 was also shit. Only reason people like Netflix shows is because they have higher production budget and better actors, writing is very much CW tier.
>>
>>93550163
>I'm starting to see comic book fanbases as junkies
Welcome to 35 years ago.
>>
>>93549912
you forgot the most important one

>movies are shit
>>
>>93551096
That's true of all superhero movies. No exceptions.
>>
>>93551174
>No exceptions.
>What is BvS?
>>
>>93551228
A shitty meme autists pretend is good
>>
>>93550319
>not supporting the stories you like

well you made your own hell then
>>
>>93550163
>they'll buy the next issue
You don't go into sales threads do you?
>>
File: question marks.jpg (11KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
question marks.jpg
11KB, 300x188px
>>93551312
>y-you are junkies for buying every comic put out by marvel wether you like it or not
>I don't buy comics aka I'm not a junkie
>w-why don't you buy the stories you like?
>>
>>93550547
>"Vision is good" meme
>>
>>93549988
It was good, at least until Cottonmouth died and Mariah failed to be more interesting
>>
>>93552169
Why is it so hard to have a good female villain in capeshit?
>>
>>93552225
She had potential but it went nowhere considering her personality. People want to write female villains but don't put any thought into their character. Token female villains suck.
>>
>>93549912
>What's the problem with them?

Nothing. Normies and casuals keep lining up to buy their shit so it mitigates the comics divisions current slump. And at the end day they still have higher market share then DC or Image despite hardcore comic readers leaving in droves.

It doesn't matter what /co/ thinks of their current success when their is legions of other people who are still die hard Marvelfags who still buy their products.
>>
>>93552304
It's too bad.
I know they're trying to have a Fisk kind of development with her, but Fisk was engaging even before becoming Kingpin. She's just there.
>>
>>93552600
She was Cottonmouth's spoiled baby sister who always let him get his hand dirty. I think the writers had Cottonmouth say she had potential just to try and push her as a villain.
>>
File: 1497322849234.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497322849234.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
>another Marvel shitposting thread

Are DC faggots really this butthurt? Man of Steel was four years ago. Fuck off
>>
>>93549912
>Why can't they put something nice out even if their lives depend on it
Because their lives *don't* depend on it. When you have an infinite cashflow backing you up from Disney and a too-big-to-fail IP catalog, competition no longer matters. It still exists, as DC is obviously still in business and doing quite well, but the thought of having to elevate your game and enhance your product is not even a consideration since the name brand alone has far more draw than the intrinsic quality of the consumed product ever will.
>>
>>93552663
>>93552600
>>93552304
>>93552225

It would have been much more interesting if they had completely dropped the "alien bullet that can shoot even a bulletproof man" plot and actually had Mariah go through with her suggestions to get around the fact that he has unbreakable skin, like drowning, poisoning, etcetera.
>>
>>93552906
That was her only good moment in the entire show.
>>
>>93551228
A shittier movie than MCU ones

If that's even possible.
>>
>>93550357
Marvel Legends are doing really well and have been pumping out wave after wave of sought after characters with lots of unique sculpts, Marvel Selects have been making some really nice figures albeit at their contractually-mandated slower pace (the Destroyer is one of the best Marvel figures to come out in a long time), the japanese companies have made an insanely deep armory for Iron Man with figures of incredible quality (SHFiguarts, figma, Sentinel), and Mezco put out arguably the finest Punisher figures that one could ever imagine (pic related).

It's basically the golden age for figure collectors.
>>
>>93551096
Movies are run by a different company
>>
>>93551096
He's talking about Marvel Entertainment, which doesn't handle movies anymore. Marvel Studios handles movies since Captain America: Civil War.
>>
>>93549912
> the tv division is shit (minus Agents of Shield)
ftfy
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.