[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he treat Bobby so much better than he treated Hank?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Cotton.jpg (6KB, 182x171px) Image search: [Google]
Cotton.jpg
6KB, 182x171px
Why did he treat Bobby so much better than he treated Hank?
>>
He didn't have to do any of the work to raise Bobby, and Bobby does look a lot like a young Cotton.
>>
Why did he treat GH so much better too? A better question is why was he so hard on Hank? Was it to make him tougher? Cuz like I dunno if it worked.
>>
>>93540717
because he's a grandparent, entirely different game
>>
>>93540717
Cause he killed fiddy men.
>>
>>93540887
He was probably going to turn on GH the minute he started having his own personality too. Babies have no independent thought, he could ascribe whatever positive qualities he wanted.
>>
>>93540717
Cotton respect balls, remeber how Peggy hit him and he just look at her with approval thats it, Cotton is fine with Bobby because he dosen't care what other think about him even if people call him retard, fatso or fag, Hanks instead tried to please Cotto his whole life and never took a moment to actually get to have a real talk, a beer or laugh with the old man
>>
>>93540932
Well he also knew that he would be dead before GH even started to get a personality so I think he wanted to make is only days with him good.
>>
>>93540717

Hank's birth caused Cotton to fail an assassination.
>>
>>93540717
He considered Hank a pussy, and with Bobby he probably felt like he could raise another Hill who wasn't a pussy.
>>
>>93541060
He does have a point, Hank refuses to indulge on the finer things in life and seems content with his mundane suburban living.
>>
>>93540860
>>93540945
>>93541124
Some combination of these.

Never having to do any of the actual work will always be a plus, subconscious or not, but Bobby's always been way more for living life and gunning for what he wants and that's something Cotton cottons (heh) onto. Bobby may be effeminate, but he damn well doesn't care how others perceive this and will pursue what he wants anyway as well as treating the ones who respect him well in turn - and to such an old-school (supposed) icon of manhood like Cotton, isn't that the manliest thing you can do of all?
>>
>>93540887
wasn't it because hank was born in new york?
>>
>>93540717
Because while he look at Hank as a failure of a human being, he knew he had the perfect opportunity to raise. or rather teach Bobby while he's still young to not become a failure just like his father.
>>
>>93541060
Like said before, Bobby is a different type of independent where he doesn't concern himself with what other people say, he just does what he enjoys. Hank is obsessed with approval and sticking to specific codes on how to be things as opposed to making his own rules.

Cotton's a dick, but that's probably why he gravitated to Bobby more.
>>
>>93540717
its pretty common for old people to be better to their grandchildren than they ever where to their own kids
mostly because they are old so they become more tolerant to some things while becoming less tolerant to others
also he didnt have to put up with boby every day
>>
>>93541277
I feel that Hank lacks the overall ambition to become a success. He does that the talent and skill to run his own business, but that gets blocked by being too content with his current situation.
>>
File: m36dg.jpg (20KB, 450x372px) Image search: [Google]
m36dg.jpg
20KB, 450x372px
>>93540932
>Babies have no independent thought, he could ascribe whatever positive qualities he wanted
Damn I never thought about that.
>>
>>93541282
>>93541060
>>93541124
to be fair the way hank sees buck strickland and other older men is a hell of a lot wrong
not implying anything sexual or something like that
he tells buck he loves him on christams and it costs him being the manager of the store because he has daddy issues
>>
>>93541401
they have independent thought and theiy have dreams while they are still not born
they dont have a personality tho and depending on how you see having a personality they dont develop one until age 4
>>
>>93540717
I wouldn't be surprised if he got along so well with Bobby just to annoy Hank.
>>
File: Junichiro_Hill.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Junichiro_Hill.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>93540717
Maybe it was because Hank took more after his mother than Cotton, while Bobby and GH took more after him.

On that thought, why does Junichiro look so much like Hank's mother?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.