[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people not like romance anymore? Modern Disney movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: Zootopia.jpg (59KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Zootopia.jpg
59KB, 220x326px
Why do people not like romance anymore? Modern Disney movies that lack romance are usually praised specifically because they don't have romance. What happened?
>>
Because we live in a world where shipping is prevalent. Romance destroys ships because it is set in place. Better to not have romsnce so that their prefered ship isn't ruined.
>>
>>93523895
Were a generation of stunted adult-babies who never got any affection as kids and have incredibly twisted bitter views on romantic relationships as adults
>>
>>93523895
Romance always ended up being the weak link of a film in a lot of people's head, so the best option was to dump it all.
>>
>>93523895
The Jews are trying to destroy the family unit by telling us to not reproduce.
>>
>>93523895
>2017
>caring about romance unless its LGBTQASDF+ pandering
>>
>>93523895
too many lgbtqpa and feminists screaming about "heteronormative romances are bigoted/exploitative!"
>>
>>93523895
Because if Judy and Nick shared an onscreen kiss it'd get a 14A.
>>
>>93523895
Because love is a lie.

Except for the love between Byron and his husband. They've been together since Byron was a teenager.
>>
>>93523895
Because many otherwise good movies were ruined or at least made worse by the forcing in of a completely unnecessary and often clumsy romance subplot. I think it's refreshing to see a film that doesn't have a hamfisted romance in it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

WildeHopps4eva!
>>
they captured it perfectly already, trying to recreate it would only belittle the moment. pic related.
>>
>>93523895
>>93523895
Muh Independent woman mentality mostly.

The good news is, NOT having romance in a Disney movie will become cliche eventually and we'll go back to a nice balance of friendship and romance.
>>
>>93524382
>14A
Die Canadian, m'kay.
>>
>>93523895
Disney movies haven't had good romantic subplots since Lady and the Tramp. It's not the romance itself that's the problem, it's the execution.
>>
Because everything involving romance is total garbage.
Every time I see lovey dovey retards in a movie all I can think of is "just say that you want to fuck and be done with boring me to tears"
>>
Society is fucked up all to hell right now. It isn't even just the freaks screaming at you for being normal. Just look at guys like this>>93525854. Damn near everyone is fucked in the head in one way or another, so we can't have nice things anymore.
>>
>>93525893
>boring plodding shit that drags everything down is "nice things"
Just because you can self-insert and pretend that a boring fictional bitch loves you (because no one else does, anyway), doesn't mean it's a good or a normal thing.
>>
>>93524259
>>93525854
These

Sometimes it feels like the romantic plot is there to pad the film for 30 minutes of time and gets in the way of the real plot. Bonus points for the main character only defeating the antagonist because he got in the way of his next lay rather than whatever nefarious plot they had cooked up. Double bonus points if the romantic partners only share 3 lines of dialog in the entire movie before deciding they're going to get married right before the credits roll.
>>
>>93523895
This movie was actually quite romantic. The sexual tension was palpable.
>>
>>93526033
Stop tryharding at being a coolguy Mc4channerino. Nobody is impressed
>>
File: 1493195605160.jpg (61KB, 357x402px) Image search: [Google]
1493195605160.jpg
61KB, 357x402px
>>93525757
>Not liking the romance angle in Rescuers Down Under
>>
>>93526066
'Sup /r9k/?
>>
>>93525958
Just because you can self-insert and pretend that a boring fictional bitch loves you (because no one else does, anyway), doesn't mean it's a good or a normal thing.

No. Just because you can act like stuff that portrays genuine relationships instead of the crap that society now tries to sell to people as being "romance" is "boring plodding shit that drags everything down reeeeeee"because you are a salty, assblasted retard, doesn't mean it's true, Reddit.
>>
File: 1498019173685.jpg (46KB, 492x346px) Image search: [Google]
1498019173685.jpg
46KB, 492x346px
>>93526096
>in the books
No one cares about the books.
>>
>>93526124
Well in this case the books are more accurate and the movie was silly tropes. Faggot. You really think a wealthy globetrotting heiress or whatever she was would look twice at a janitor under any circumstance?
>>
>>93526022
This. They had an absolutely clear romance subplot. It just didn't steal screen time from the rest of the movie to portray a wooing process 100 years out of date. It's not gestures and dating, courting for weeks like Victorian elites.
It's two people growing to trust and value one another that finally goes over into sexual tension as they do what they do.
That's just more in line with reality.
>>
File: credit-showtime[1].jpg (9KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
credit-showtime[1].jpg
9KB, 600x338px
>>93526173
>You can stop embarrassing yourself, you self-inserting fuck

I know for a fact that it's fake and it will never be real, you autistic manchild. but it seems that you can't stop projecting your insecurities onto other people in some desperate attempt to seem relevant, resorting to base drivel and insults in order to come off as someone more secure in your beliefs than you really are. Now fuck off.
>>
>>93526199
She could have at least waited until he hit puberty.
>>
>>93526272
At least I get laid.
>>
File: 1473037998667.jpg (13KB, 366x321px) Image search: [Google]
1473037998667.jpg
13KB, 366x321px
>>93524165
I think that's for mostly the otaku/anime crowd through the intention of the creators. You can still rake in the fujo bucks, and self-insert harems by keeping everyone 'pure'. Though some western cartoons are experiencing an overflow of the phenomena mostly caused by their fanbase's expectations rather than creator intention. Most recent example being the Voltron clusterfuck.

I think romance is one of the harder narrative elements to master. Sometimes character relationships can turn into a long fatigue filled PDA, which is why a lot of shows or movies take an easy route and play off the sexual tension until they finally get together at the end.
>>
>>93526301
I'll be sure to remember that when you're slowly dying a horrible, painful death.
>>
>>93526337
Alternatively, they only get like 2 hours to tell the story so sometimes the romance has to cut to the chase.
>>
Maybe women wouldn't be so disgusted by you if you weren't such a shitty person and crybaby bitch?
>>
>>93523895
Romance is a boring trope in kids movies
>>
>>93526260

What happened to this thread?
>>
Hollywood romance is awful but the real reason is probably >>93524165
>>
>>93523895

Because Hollywood has done romance so badly in so many movies that people have, understandably, started to prefer to leave it out entirely.

Romance isn't bad per se, but it has been forced into a lot of places where it had no real fucking reason to be, just because "well, we have two main characters of opposite sexes, clearly they must end up banging" was the basic assumption. But a lot of times people are there just to watch some adventures, and a romance with zero chemistry taking time away from that gets the audience rolling their eyes.

>>93524165

Hahaha do you really think shippers give a smidgen of a shit about what is canon? You don't visit those corners of the internet much, do you.
>>
>>93523895
I like good, honest romance, but that shit's rare.

That and shippers have left a bad taste in my mouth. They infect threads like the plague. You can try and ask them to tone it down but they'll just call you a 'No Fun' fucker, then shitstorms like the Voltron fandom form out of Nowhere (aka Could be seen from a mile away but they couldn't see it from behind their massive boners).

Then those involved get reprimanded and they pretend like everything's all done and settled but SURPRISE, SURPRISE it happens again in another fandom, then another, then another, then another, then another

>inb4 lol just ignore it
That'd be easy if staff-fandom interaction weren't an issue and if these popular websites actually had fucking filters
>>
Romance is hard to write
>>
Because 99% of romance written in movies isn't believable whatsoever and just comes off as cliche and trite
>>
>>93527072
>>93527106
What are some animated movies with good/believable romance?
>>
>>93527106
>just comes off as cliche and trite
Honestly, I do not think romance can be done without it being somewhat cliche. It's been rehashed, unhashed, side-ways hashed, what have you for as long as media has been around. Nothing new can really be done without it being some surreal imitation of love.
>>
>>93523895
romance in a movie or series that has no reason to include romance is shit
>>
>>93523895
Romance is boring unless it's classic shit like Casablanca.

Modern romance stories are generally terrible and I'm glad when movies avoid it.
>>
>>93523895
idk it's been bothering me too, not in disney movies but in lots of media for young people. i was thinking about asking like a 12 year old girl if love is still like important, there are some good candidates around here.
>>
>>93527158
The only time romance ISN'T boring is in classic literature. Outside of that, it's the worst part of anything.
>>
>>93527158
romance is boring only when the characters are boring.
>>
>>93523895
Because they're usually not good or we'll developed when the story doesn't need it.
>>
>>93526051
Fucking this. It was cute as hell and made the film a hell of a lot better than the first one.
>>
File: helga_pataki.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
helga_pataki.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
If the romance isn't passionate and over the top, while also being a critical part of the story, it's pointless and shit. If it is those things it can be the most interesting plotline.
>>
>>93523895
Because the romance subplots are often boring and unnecessary. People don't want to see that shit anymore.
>>
>>93523895
because romance reminds people how shitty they are using apps like grindr and tindr
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.