[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This comic is absolute trash If you like it you have shit taste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

This comic is absolute trash

If you like it you have shit taste
>>
>>93511965
You lazy fucker.
>>
>create cool concept
>set up interesting characters
>waste half of it's issues on stupid love triangle bull crap
>unsatisfying/rushed ending

BAD
>>
I know this is likely a shit post but anybody know if Preacher is worth a read? I read Vol 1 when he died but didn't follow up (7 chapters or so). The wanker and the boner scene look cool from what I seen online but I have stuff like Swamp Thing (Moore) on my shelf.
>>
It is a fun ride tho
>>
File: bbc.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bbc.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>93511965
>>
>>93512401
I liked it when I was 16, though I think I dropped it around issue 40 or so. I doubt I could read it now- too edgy and bro-y. Recently I saw some storytimes of the last few arcs, and I was amazed by how tossed-off the artwork (which started out great) got by the end. It's nice that they kept the same team the whole time, but man does it look like shit.
>>
I read it for the first time just recently and liked it. I don't like how rarely Jesse used Genesis though. He even said he forgot about it entirely at one point.
The conclusion was a little bit lame too.
>>
>>93514320

This is hardly unusual for Ennis writing, though. In Hitman Tommy basically stopped using his powers by like the tenth issue, though he at least had an in-universe reason for it.

If you're reading an Ennis comic for anything other than the edge and the wacky over the top but lovable characters, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>93511965
It's surely Trashy, I don't know if I would call it "trash" though.
Honestly, I think that Enemy Ace is the best Garth Ennis book and that Preacher suffers from a lot of needless "boring" filler, after all most of the book is filler and a lot of it is great but a lot of it is terrible.
>>
>>93514412
If you're writing comics for anything other than cool powers and visuals you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>93514465
Personally, it's always been the filler that I enjoyed the most. The issues where Cassidy relates his history (both the idealized version and the grim reality) were great, and I loved the issue where Jesse is driving around picking up hitchhikers. I felt the actual story detracted from the interesting diversions that didn't really add anything to the plot.
>>
>>93514515

>Arseface
>The meatfucker
>It's buggering time
>Saint of motherfucking Killers
>none of these make for interesting visuals
>>
>>93514515
fuck off capefag
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.