[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ben Reilly - Scarlet Spider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 25

PAD IS SALTY AT A COSTUME CHANGE STORYTIME
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93510440

oh shit

CLONE WARS
>>
>>
>>
>>93510470
>No way he survived that! We're good to go
These guys need to go back to goon school
>>
>>
>>93510440
Normally I would be upset that the writer gave into fan pressure, but that new costume sucked.

Honestly, the hoodie is at least 75% of the reason I even like Ben.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This issue is great

Though the fact that Kaine is the star might have something to do with that.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: SensationalSpider-Man14.png (186KB, 585x418px) Image search: [Google]
SensationalSpider-Man14.png
186KB, 585x418px
Is Ben alive again? Loved him. His version of the Spider-Man costume is GOAT
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93510644

the absolute madman
>>
>>93510660
Basically, the Jackal took his remains and kept cloning him over and over, and Ben would remember every time he died. Eventually Ben went crazy and kind of became a villain, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
>>
>>93510661
Coloring mistake ?
>>
>>93510713
But that's retarded.

The whole ending of the Clone Saga was retarded anyway. Kaine was the shit clone nobody wanted and he should have been the one to die.
>>
>>93510661
>they colored Ben like Kaine in panel 3
Marlel editors
>>
>>93510660
The true Ben Reilly died in the 90s. This new Ben is a mockery and a literal supervillain. I feel the need to take a shower every time I see this new series because of what a mess it is.
>>
>>93510661
Oh, so NOW you want to be the Scarlet Spider.

Come on Kane, you wanted it from the start, you were just too tsundere to admit it.
>>
>>93510755
Kaine had already died by then, though.
>>
>>93510731
Yep. Typical Marvel.
>>
>>93510842

He embraced it during Spider-verse I think. Sure took him a while though.
>>
>>93510660
It's "Ben" in the same sense that Ben is Peter.
>>
>>93510440
These two are destined to punch each other for stupid reasons forever.
>>
>>93510660
The Ben Reilley you loved is still...well dead. This is just a clone of him.
>>
>>93510661
>tfw no more tsundere kaine saying he doesn't want to spider
>>
>>93510457
>>93510470
>>93510480
>>93510494
Why couldn't this have just been a new Kaine solo?
>>
>>93511125
It is; they're pretending it's a Ben book to boost sales.
>>
>>93510908
>>93510765
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Reily accepting the challenge.
>>
>>93511177

It''s brilliant really, no need to even change the title once the switch officially happens.

>>93510661 is rather cheeky about it.

The next step after this arc is if he's gonna bother returning to Aracely, since he's dying.
>>
Thanks, OP. Once again, Kaine is the best thing in this series.
>>
Yost needs to stop writing mediocre movies already and come back to save spider-books
>>
>>93511292
You're not giving them enough credit. The next arc will likely lack Kaine, just for him to come back in the following arc. By that point the series will be due for a renumbering, where we'll get Scarlet Spider #1 starring Kaine.
>>
>>93510440
Can anyone be so kind as to story time the previous issue, as well?
I missed that one when it was on here.
>>
>>93510755
You need to read the Kaine Scarlet Spider book (amd maybe a bit of the ASM that preceded it). It was great.
>>
I liked this issue

I thought PAD was going to follow up the Slottening and have Ben try to suckerkill Kaine the second both of them met
>>
>>93510494
Someone call Houston, Kaine's being hardcore again.
>>
>>93510713
What about the real Ben that rode off into the sunset?
>>
>>93510538
Kaine still degenerating?
I skipped the Clone Conspiracy.
>>
>>93512660
Yeah he is
>>
I enjoy PAD's work and he seems to write Kaine well. Hopefully this does end with him writing Kaine more unless Yost comes back.
>>
>>93510440
I just realized, if this takes place in Las Vegas then isn't everyone going to get napalm'd?
>>
>>93512660
I think there was a retcon. Before, his degeneration was cured by the serum Reed made with Anti-Venom. But when Kaine started degenerating again in The Clone Conspiracy, either he or Karn said it was because he'd lost the Other.
>>
>>93512952
Kaine's degeneration is as convoluted as any Symbiote matter, honestly.

At first he was slowly dying from it and he was required to wear the suit he outfited to stop himself from dying. But then he threw it away and never went back to it when staying alive was in his interests.

Then in a BND Backup written by DeMatteis Kaine realizes via a Jackal hallucination the degeneration isn't killing him per say, but making him stronger with the nasty side effects of ongoing pain and deformity.

Then he died in Grim Hunt, and when he was brought back as a giant spider and got cured by Anti-Venom vat it seemed like it was gone.

Then Spider-verse happened, and now here we are.
>>
>>93513336
I'm impressed how they continuously make the Clone Saga even more convoluted. It's almost like a running gag at this point.
>>
>>93512937
There's an indeterminate amount of time after Secret Empire 1 happens (which happens about 2 or 3 weeks after Ben gets ousted) that Hydra takes over. So yeah I'm assuming all the major players will have moved out or something.
>>
>>93510691
all those covers OBVIOUSLY redrawn at a later date with Ben's old costume
>>
Oh cool kaine got an new on going
>>
>>93510661
Kaine must win, he is after all the best spider clone, besides he still has The Other powers right?
>>
>>93515869
He lost the Other at the end of Spider-Verse.
>>
>>93513866
That's more like how comics operate at a base level though, everything just keeps getting more and more convoluted by the second. Like how the symbiotes weren't intended to hulk out the user, then they were, then they're intended to be someone's DARKER SIDE when all it originally did was make Peter feel very very tired, and try reading up on Apocalypse and how he bounced back from complete oblivion because Cable felt like he needed to bring him back from the dead which somehow resulted in him reverting to a child with no explanation given whatsoever.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.