[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never met a person beside an actual hard ass nerd who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: indie-comics.jpg (315KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
indie-comics.jpg
315KB, 1024x512px
I have never met a person beside an actual hard ass nerd who reads comics.
Do you guys in the us actually buy comics?

How the fuck did the comic industry survive before capeshit became popular?

I bet 90% of Marvel's money comes from the movies, I don't see why they make comics.
Nobody fucking reads them except maybe a small 1% of the population.

I bet 90% of people that visit comic-con don't read comics. Seriously.

I'm talking about comics, not graphic novel's.
>>
I don't "buy" comics,
they are expensive, they only have 10 pages,
and they are full of fucking ads.
>>
>>93508285
lurk moar
like, a lot moar
>>
>>93508308
Do you at least get the trades?
>>
>>93508285
>How the fuck did the comic industry survive before capeshit became popular?
It didn't really exist before capeshit became popular in the late 1930's.
>>
>>93508285
>I have never met a person beside an actual hard ass nerd who reads comics.

Step outside and leave that dark basement you call your home. Go interact with people. Its not fucking hard. Hell, walk into a comic book store. Problem solved.
>>
Cape comic are the reason the industry is in sych a bad state. And i am part of the "problem". Half of the regular issues are ads alone and they are expensive to colect. I only buy trades .
>>
>>93508544
>The comics that sell well are the reason the industry is in such a bad state
What is this I don't even?
>>
I only buy trades desu
>>
>>93508285
A niche customer base is still a customer base. Also IP farm, licensing, history, yadda yadda.
>>
>>93508285
>1% of 7 billion is 700,000,000 people
>each comic cost ~4 bucks
>average guy buys 2-3 comics a week
>that's like ~2 billion dollars a week
math bitch
>>
>>93508641
>average guy buys 2-3 comics a week
That's were you mathed wrong.
>>
>>93508285
Well I'm not from the states but where I'm from there are at least 10 regulars during the weekend and I'm sure there's a lot more during Wednesdays. I prefer buying the Floppy rather than trade waiting since I like the feeling of instant gratification.
>>
>>93508698
Apparently you've never actually been to a comic store.
>>
>>93508358
I only buy trades myself
>>
>>93508641
OP was wrong. About 0.00005% of the population buys comics.
>>
>>93508544
>Cape comic are the reason the industry is in sych a bad state.

Not really. The genre got nothing to do with the fact that the capeshit industry is a monopoly that operates on exploiting comic stores.
>>
File: 1498481462315.jpg (986KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498481462315.jpg
986KB, 3072x2048px
I'm from Scotland and I read comics. Graphic Novels are comic books, but that's beside the point. I read capeshit single issues too.
>>
>>93508285
>How the fuck did the comic industry survive before capeshit became popular?
Because television or video games or internet didn't exist yet.
>>
>>93508285
Germanfag here, I read comics semi-regulary and there are a shit ton of people who read them casually. But I almost never go to a comic store because I usually buy my stuff at the grocery store when I buy groceries. Or I ask my book shop if they could order me one. I also never buy capes. In fact, my local comic shop doesn't even sell them because no one buys them anyway and capes generally don't sell around here.

The whole problems of the American comic industry basically boil down to them being incredibly incompetent in terms of writing and distribution.
>>
>>93509082
>Because television or video games or internet didn't exist yet.

Meh, when that problem came up in Italy, they decided that they were simply going to release stuff that's better than what's currently on TV.

That included a version of Buffy that wasn't tained by Whedon's fetishes&writing and stymed by the limitations of TV series' budgets.
>>
>>93508285
I don't know how the industry managed to survive when it first began considering how shit the art and writing was.
>>
I head the SW acquisition kinda saved Marvel from horrid numbers under Disney's reins.

I actually put $50-$100 dollars into the industry every month. I like variants, especially the limited ones. I recently started supporting an indie publisher too because I like erotic art/bad girl art
>>
>>93510994
*heard

I only follow 3-6 different series' at a time.

When i was younger and had more time I tried to do a dozen+. My wallet learned after that idiocy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.