[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General - New Lost Light today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 130

File: Lost-Light-7-Cover.jpg (1MB, 994x1529px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Light-7-Cover.jpg
1MB, 994x1529px
so story time when?
>>
>>93506337

Never
>>
>>93506405
that's probably for the best
>>
File: 9999000.jpg (86KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
9999000.jpg
86KB, 478x750px
So, Megatron is still a good guy? I loved his interactions with Ultra Magus and Rodimus.
>>
>>93506630

Megatron is currently stuck in another universe.
>>
File: deez.png (606KB, 540x713px) Image search: [Google]
deez.png
606KB, 540x713px
>>93506337
Probably the first time i'm not bothering to buy a MTMTE/LL comic in years, so no storytimes from me, at least.

Somebody probably will if it gets uploaded.
>>
>minimus turning against Megatron because 'muh black and white'
>tailgate still being an asshole and not talking about things
>tailgate gone again

it just keeps getting worse. the only good part about this issue was the growing broship between cyclonus and whirl
>>
>>93506728

At least the comic is dying because nobody but the die-hard Roberts cocksuckers buys this or even likes it.

I don't think it'll last 20 issues honestly.
>>
File: 256376782.png (2MB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
256376782.png
2MB, 1280x913px
>a few hours earlier
>i trust megatron
>proceeds to trick rodimus into leaving instead of waiting for him by yelling about Getaway

Why is UM being such a worst boy in this run?
>>
>>93506746
It's not as different as people think it is from before. People are just butthurt about certain plot twists.

If they put Milne & Burcham back on the book, it'd affect the tone that much that the sales would be right back on track. I seriously think the art was that important.
>>
File: help him.png (393KB, 945x622px) Image search: [Google]
help him.png
393KB, 945x622px
Today's mood is relateable pictures of Knockout
>>
>>93506776
Nah, the art is kinda cutesy, but fine.

It's the ridiculousness of some of these TWEESTS, muh angst and characters becoming ragingly OOC to facilitate them that people are hating.
Also this whole last shitty arc. And probabl the next shitty arc because it's going to be based on more Lug and Anode wanking.
>>
aaaaah story time this shit.
>>
>>93506759
So, wait, Megatron is bad again?
>>
i'm kinda confused, did they resolve that whole "lost light crew sent their goodbyes a long time ago" thing?
>>
>>93506819
It's a misunderstanding.

Basically terminus tricked him to getting trapped in the functionist universe. The crew don't know why he stayed behind, Ultra Magnus is making the assumption that he's done it to run away from prosecution.
>>
File: betrayed.png (349KB, 382x481px) Image search: [Google]
betrayed.png
349KB, 382x481px
>>93506819
Nah, Megatron was just trying to do the right thing, surprisingly, but then Terminus and UM got him stuck in the alternate reality so he could have a do-over.
Now it seems either UM has either been plotting against him this whole time or he's totally committed to trying to get Rodimus to leave Megatron in the alternate universe.
>>
>>93506776
>It's not as different as people think it is from before. People are just butthurt about certain plot twists.

Not really. The first 20 issues while having retarded shit felt tight. The characters had unique voices, the storylines were diverse and had a combination of talking and action, there was lots of cool new lore, every issue felt imporant to the character and overall plot etc.

After a while all that tight ploting went away so that Roberts can try and recreate shitty Dr Who plots, all the characters started acting like parodies of themselves, writing for TEH FEEEELZ became all to obvious and the book just lost everything that made it good.

Most people admit that they only kept buying the book because of Milne and his art. Without the art Roberts is finally seen for what he is, a king with no clothes. Just like what happened with Scott when the first Windblade artists fucked off.

If they bring back Milne & Burcham the sales WILL jump up because of them, but the the the damage has been done.
>>
>>93506847
>>93506845
Okey, thank.
>>
>>93506845
Magnus deliberately got Rodimus to leave Megatron behind by yelling "we can't let megatron...GET AWAY, Rodimus. cant let him GETAWAY"

I'm assuming the whole UM screeching "ABUSER! ABUSE!" thing is some tumblr pandering.
>>
>>93506819
Not really. We are having one of those hilarious misunderstandings where the crew thinks that Megatron abandoned them and Megs thinks that the crew left him.
>>
>>93506852
>If they bring back Milne & Burcham the sales WILL jump up because of them, but the the the damage has been done.

we can only hope but IDW is gonna be stubborn about this.

I'm gonna be at TFCon next month, should i ask Alex if he'd come back if IDW gave Lost Light to him?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWDy8Zn5PRY

anyone see this?

Jack Angel and Susan Blu as MTMTE Ultra Magnus and Tailgate.

Jack Angel definitely sounds more like Robert Stack now than he did in the G1 cartoon.
>>
>>93506877
>Alex if he'd come back if IDW gave Lost Light to him?

I think Milne burned that bridge honestly.
>>
>>93506868
Sure you're not reading into what Magnus said too much?

He said "We can't let him get away." his intent was not to allow him to stay behind because he already thought he was running away. He only repeated himself after Rodimus got triggered as fuck and asked him "What did you just say?"
>>
>>93506776
>It's not as different as people think it is from before.
Want to confirm that? Storytime's ongoing, guys...
>>93506961
>>
>>93506900
Seemed deliberate as fuck to me. Especially since he was very trusting towards Megatron a moment before and knew how to trigger Rodimus.
>>
>>93506776
no really, while Milnes art did make me enjoy issues better, I also liked issues that weren't done by him. the writing really is shit. characters have such extreme personality shifts from issue to issue, some times even page to page.

What happened to the moral grey area? Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons? He keeps introducing these new characters and they have absolutely no investment in what's going on.

Actually, that might be the heart of the problem right there. Before, it was 200 transformers that were forced to rely on each other to make it through their voyage. Now we have a flood of new characters that have no connection to each other or even the universe at large. I mean, Rodimus and the rest were stuck on an alternate reality and the only people on necroworld who cared was brainstorm. Everyone has formed their little groups with their own problems and they don't cross over.
>>
>>93506997

I wanted the story time for the new issue out today.
>>
>>93507015
I can't storytime two issues at the same time, my man.
Also I'm waiting for it to get ripped, same as you.
>>93507011
>Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons?
Fangry?
>>
>>93507011
>Before, it was 200 transformers that were forced to rely on each other to make it through their voyage. Now we have a flood of new characters that have no connection to each other or even the universe at large.

It's not the new character is that every character has devolved to the G1 cartoon level of "one trait per character" and that trait is "LE SO QUIRKY XDD" 9 times out of 10.

No character feels like a person anymore with their own history, their own faults, hopes, dreams, personalities. They have all been characterized by one thing and nothing outside of that one thing. MTMTE got popular because it did the EXACT opposite of that in the years when TFP was doing just that.
>>
>>93507037
>Fangry?
he wasn't a crew member. He stayed on Necroworld.
>>
>used to buyfag and upload or storytime this series
I just can't bring myself to pay money for this issue after the last one. Sorry, /co/...
>>
>>93507011
>Why aren't any of the new crew members decepticons?
>>93507037
>Fangry?

Fangry has had pretty little focus, i saw in a preview for this new issue he's getting some focus. That has me excited.

but yeah Anode and Lug could have been written out and they had more Decepticons on board.

You know what could have been cool if they used this time to bring back in either Bulkhead, Rhinox or Lugnut who are canonically still missing. Lugnut being loyal to Megatron, being the new Ravage but at the same time not be the new Ravage. Bulkhead or Rhinox as a humble badass type, something we could use right about now.
>>
>>93507092

well shit.

I don't blame you really.

anyone else taking one for the team.
>>
>>93507092

You're doing lord's work anon.

The less people buy it the sooner we'll get rid of Roberts.

We killed Scott, we can kill the maymay man!
>>
File: 11562763878933.jpg (92KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
11562763878933.jpg
92KB, 500x432px
How long till jro goes into butthurt/damage control on twitter again because the fans fucking hate the majority of Lost Light?
>>
>>93507204
>We killed Scott
Eat shit. TAAO was getting great.
>>
>>93507209

I give it 5-10 hours.

Also the "twist" from this issue is going to be a fakeout and everything will be back to normal in the next issue.
>>
>>93507213
Didn't feel like it. Just felt like characters running in circles and piling on more gay.
>>
>>93507209
I'm sensing Minimus is experiencing some level of identity crisis.
>>
>>93507204
>We killed Scott,

TAAO ended on Scott's on terms because IDW wanted to her to change the story she was going to tell.
>>
>>93507277
Well from all indications the story she was going to tell would have been meandering as fuck.
>>
>>93507277

IDW wanted to do that because they obviously tough that the series isn't popular and isn't selling well.

The "ending on my own terms" is PR corporate response because Scott is a professional and won't go on a meltdown "TEH RUINED MUH STORYY!!!" like Roberts will go when he gets fucked because she knows that would be carrier suicide.
>>
>>93507261
I don't think jro can pull that off. He's clearly given up with working on Megatron.

However, I fucking love that idea. The UM side of him is all black and white, essentially Lawful Neutral and guided by just the autobot code and baser emotions such as anger, whilst Miminus Ambus is gentle and thoughtful and sees shades of grey, however, he's essentially addicted to and feels he has to use the UM suit.
>>
>>93507261
>>93507317
I'm definitely getting some hints of that from him.

Though it doesn't seem to be intrinsically tied to the Magnus armor. He's given 2 completely different points of view RE: Megatron avoiding his trial whether he's wearing it or not.
>>
>>93506337
>Storytime thread
>Begging instead of an actual storytime
Wew
>>
File: 111536373.png (436KB, 540x496px) Image search: [Google]
111536373.png
436KB, 540x496px
>>93507421
>nobody wants to buy the comic
>even regular buyfags backing out
Guess we'll wait for somebody who hates themselves or is a completionist.
>>
>>93506337
if you want a storytime then fucking download the issue and do it yourself

don't beg
>>
File: 111224536373.jpg (121KB, 1238x402px) Image search: [Google]
111224536373.jpg
121KB, 1238x402px
>Rodimus says the first emotionally sound thing he has in a while
>UM starts to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE after saying he trusted Megatron and being the one that triggered roddy into leaving him there in the first place

What are we supposed to get from this?
>>
>>93507610
"We gotta keep delaying their trip back to the Lost Light", that's what.
>>
>>93506830
I'm more confused about how you think it needs resolving. They sent the messages. Everyone thinks they're dead. That's part of the description of this series. It's simple.
>>93507636
Getting back to the Lost Light is also part of the book's description. I don't understand how so many people are whining about how "we haven't seen the mutineers yet" or how "they aren't back on the Lost Light yet". Are you people expecting them to get back there as soon as possible? The entire point of the series is how they're getting the Lost Light back. did you think is was going to be something different? Why do you want to blow that load so early?
>>
>>93507092
>>93507165
Have a collection of trades consisting of MTMTE.

Decided to waste one more 20 bucks just to complete the volume but otherwise I would rather just buy the ex-RiDs.
>>
>>93508002
>Getting back to the Lost Light is also part of the book's description. I don't understand how so many people are whining about how "we haven't seen the mutineers yet" or how "they aren't back on the Lost Light yet". Are you people expecting them to get back there as soon as possible? The entire point of the series is how they're getting the Lost Light back. did you think is was going to be something different? Why do you want to blow that load so early?

Because since Issue 50, we were given the biggest holy shit moment and since then very little has payed off.

I know this season is about Rodimus and friends making their way back to their ship but so far it hasn't been satisfying the first 6 issues, no real progress has happened outside of ditching Megatron and the forcedness of Anode & Lug.

I have no idea what goes on in issue 7 but the sooner they begin their journey back the better.

So far the comic's been a bust.

I'll definitely enjoy issue 10 when it finally comes out but that's still a few months away.

It's a shame Roberts has so many great characters but now it's like he doesn't know what to do with them.

I wish Nick Roche could take over, I think he'd be able to give a more satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>93508103
>I have no idea what goes on in issue 7
So why don't you just... read it?
>>
>>93508354

No one's story timed it.
>>
>>93508415
m8

MATE

we have win-o-threads for a reason
>>
>>93508415
Don't tell me you solely rely on storytimes to read comics.

That's ADORABLE.
>>
>>93508430
If he is a mobile shitposter then he'd have no means of using the win-o threads.
>>
>>93508445
u wot
nothing about being on a phone prevents you from downloading and reading comics
>>
>>93508415

GO TO:
>>93507489
RETHINK LIFE
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93508445
I am legitimately, honestly curious on why you think that. I'd like details of your thought process.
>>
>>
>>
>>93508555
Deadlo--I mean, Drift, don't be such a hypocrite.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93508594

Nautica should have said don't push your luck kid.

also she's got an eyepatch....damn that's kinda cool.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
God, this is so fucking dumb. I'm starting to regret how much I enjoyed and looked forward to MTMTE, because now I'm reading this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Uh oh.
>>
Whoops.
>>
>>
>>
>>93508733
>>93508720
Gotta write out all the characters people read for to make room for that Lug/Anode shit, dontcha know?

You know, I know t shouldn't but I did like the fondness the LL command had for one another, and I honestly find it pretty shitty they assumed Megatron betrayed them rather than got delayed or hurt in the huge battle raging above. Doesn't even feel like good drama, just feels shitty.
>>
OK not gonna lie this issue was a holy shit finally Roberts is getting back into the groove of things.

Fangry that magnificent bastard, oh my god.
I can't believe he played the waiting game like this out of spite.
>>
>Roberts making fun of "black and white" thinking this issue
>"BETTER MAKE ONE OF THE ONLY DECEPTICONS THE "TWIST" VILLAIN"
Imagine being so un self aware.
>>
>>93508777
>You know, I know t shouldn't but I did like the fondness the LL command had for one another, and I honestly find it pretty shitty they assumed Megatron betrayed them rather than got delayed or hurt in the huge battle raging above. Doesn't even feel like good drama, just feels shitty.

yeah i wish they gave him benefit of the doubt but considering how the mutiny was caused by Megatron being there and it was mostly him. Everything from 50 and on was because they associated with him, the loss of Skids and Ravage....the damages and all that. I can get why they are fucking pissed.

It is weird seeing Rodimus kinda more relaxed, like he's pissed but calmed down about it.

This is probably the best Rodimus has been in quiet a while.
>>
>>93508733
God, I love Fangry now.
>>
>>93508809

I guess that is a good point.

still i guess it's also, that violence just begets another cycle of violence. I mean Tailgate really fucked up Fangry, can't say I don't get why he didn't just forgive.

It's so friggin callous how Fangry befriended Kaput just to brutally slaughter him.

Tailgate has that habit of just bringing out the worst in people lol.
>>
>>93508733
Why is Roberts milking the cygate drama so hard? Is he trying to make people who actually liked it hate it now? Because that's what's happening to me.
>>
>>93508898

Because Cygate is one of the things the fans loved or at least what Roberts thinks people want.

what we really want is the story to get back on track.
>>
>>93508898
He doesn't understand it's popularity is from the fact it's a slow burn light-hearted and sweet background plot, not a fucking spanish soap opera.

I think he's really attempting to pander right now. Lug/Anode feel like they've just been thrown in so he can have some lesbians on the crew. Magnus having a tumblr crypost breakdown over Megatron. Trying to focus on cygate with tragic shit.

Feels more like characters just flipflopping round depending on what the latest drama is rather than organic drama from actual conflict and shit.
>>
>>93508934
There was a story?

This is like MLP with the seriousness in the beginning and then at the end with slice of life in the middle. Except I don't like this Slice because it isn't cute ponies.

Jro should just kill Rodimus and bring Megatron back and somehow tank anyone else that needs to be gone.
>>
>>93508720
>No "He's kaput"
>>93508733
Fangry is cute.
>>
>>93509039
no one gives a shit about your opinion of ponies, fuck off back to /mlp/
>>
>>93508733
Thank you, Fangry.

You just became best boy
>>
File: tumblr_os9g5wRmWe1w8b6z7o1_1280.png (780KB, 1080x912px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os9g5wRmWe1w8b6z7o1_1280.png
780KB, 1080x912px
>>
So...Fangry confirmed as best part of this whole crummy arc?
>>
>>93509172
Fangry confirmed as best anything in any arc
>>
File: TitansReturntoy-Fangry.jpg (148KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
TitansReturntoy-Fangry.jpg
148KB, 900x601px
>>93509185
buy all our playsets and toys
>>
File: angryreggie.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
angryreggie.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>93508733
2dark4me
>>
>>93509204
They should have redecoed Weirdwolf into Fangry.
>>
>>93509330
Absolutely not.
>>
File: GUILTY.jpg (703KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
GUILTY.jpg
703KB, 1280x904px
>Megatron put on a bus
>Tailgate put on a bus
>UM's personality put on a bus
Who's next?
>>
This is the best issue in a long time honestly.
>>
>>93508898
I mean, the gate in Cygate is dead now, so
>>
>>93509348
Hopefully this comic as a whole gets put on a bus.
>>
>>93509357
I think it only felt like a good issue because we got some nice horror right at the end with Fangry/Tailgate.

Rest of it was pretty subpar.
>>
>>93509343
Why not Hasbro needs to the most out of their molds and how many wolf characters do they have?

Hell they're making Krok outta Skullcruncher.
>>
>>93508679
I'm gonna be mad if Roberts starts up a whole new romance between Cyclones and Whirl. I'd feel like it was forced.
>>
>>93509422
I do kinda feel he might be going there, actually.
>>
Bad
>Brainstorm telling the reader just Deal With it when he is used as a magic plot device
>Lug and Anode being girlfriends is just creepy
>More UK slang out of random characters
>Nautica telling Anode that she is just so fabulous and brilliant gurl, one of the most 2017 scenes I've read
>Nautica doesn't have her faceshield
>That art in general just does not fit the story
>Imagine the breakup scenes and end scenes with Milne or Cahill
>Mags having a personality problem is over-used
>Dat foreshadowing that the armour will lock him out if he changes too much
>At least Tailgate drama won't be around for a bit

Good
>Rodimus' speech was vintage MTMTE
>Rodimus and Drfit were in character
>Mags having a personality problem is over-used but comfy
>Tailgate drama is the big shockeroonie
>>
>>93508733
Fuck this shit, I'm done. There isn't a single character left I care about anymore. There's just pointless soap opera drama, interchangeable quirky characters and now we have an emo Cyclonus. I hope that Getaway kicks their ass.
>>
>>93509422
>>93509454
I hope not they've always been more like bros.
>>
>>93509466
...wait, I got my Tailgate shit the wrong way around. Whatever, I'm glad he's written out, but you know it'll come back worse.
I'd say Cyclonus finding out that Whirl is indirectly responsible for breaking him and Tailgate up might cause some drama, but seeing as the Skids/Quark/Brainstorm thing got fucking dropped like a stone, who knows.
>>
>>93509422
I feel like he's going Amica route for them.
>>
>>93508733
>>93508777
>>93508898
>>93508934
>>93509017

Considering Tailgate was supposed to die back at the end of season 1, but didn't because he became so popular, this shitty cop-out death is probably Roberts' middle finger to all the fans who wanted more Cygate shit instead of his original plans.
>>
>>93509591

I'm waiting to the inevitable twitter meltdown over it.
>>
>>93509357

same.

>>93509422

>romance

no.

but them being bros is nice.

>>93509466
>Good
>>Rodimus' speech was vintage MTMTE
>>Rodimus and Drift were in character

Fucking This.

If Roberts can keep it up with these two, i'll be just fine.
>>
>>93509591
>this shitty cop-out death is probably Roberts' middle finger to all the fans who wanted more Cygate shit instead of his original plans.

Based Roberts

Cygate was a mistake. It was kind of neat when it was fresh and still seemed more like a "master/student" or "father/son" relationship, but once it got obviously romantic, fuck that shit
>>
File: 378378393.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
378378393.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>there will never be Megatron and Drift interaction despite them being formerly very close at the start of the war
Feels bad.
>>
>>93509702
>Cygate was a mistake. It was kind of neat when it was fresh and still seemed more like a "master/student" or "father/son" relationship, but once it got obviously romantic, fuck that shit

I'm curious how Sara Pitre is going to react, she's like the biggest fan of them.

I don't like Cygate but i like her.
>>
>>93509710

Roberts fucked up tremendously here.
>>
>>93509591
I doubt tailgate is actually dead
>>
>>93509712
Check her twitter.
>>
>>93509871

Bless Her, she's a trooper.

I did talk to her last year at TFCon, maybe i should buy something from her booth when i'm there.
>>
File: tumblr_noylerz2Gf1tax40co1_500.png (154KB, 469x336px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noylerz2Gf1tax40co1_500.png
154KB, 469x336px
>>93509702
^This^

Tailgate was great up until SOOPER STRENGTH. Before that the romance shit was downplayed on account of Getaway being a creeper and you could pretend Cyclonus was just trying to keep Tailgate from being a gullible idiot. Everything after Tailgate's steroids powerup just made you want to punch the fucker. Going out on a whimper is probably the best he's going to get at this point.

At least until more AU fuckery happens and we get a Tailgate from ANOTHER fractured timeline.
>>
>>93509112
>being this triggered over nothing
>>
>>93510060

granted he could have died to be very fool hardy in a battle but his fool hardyness did get him killed, he beat up Fangry way earlier and Fangry did not forgive nor forget.
>>
>>93510060
>mfw Tailgate returns from the tomb STRONGER THAN BEFORE

You know that's shit what Roberts will do.
>>
File: 00f1b3376f1c5dfd24cbc18b85214.png (77KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
00f1b3376f1c5dfd24cbc18b85214.png
77KB, 247x200px
>Megatron misses his crew and mopes over it
>believes in the in them rather than them just leaving him behind in danger
>meanwhile in the real world they're all talking shit about him and had zero faith in him, didn't worry when he didn't show up and instead figured he'd done something evil

Man, that's fucking shitty. Not that Roddy has't been acting shitty ever since he changed his paintjob, but still.
>>
>>93510260

it is surprising but considering how they have always had trust issues with him, can't say i blame them.

I mean he did commit mass genocide in the past.

it's awful they have no faith in him that he didn't mean to stay behind but considering everything they've been through since issue 50, can you really blame them?
>>
File: c033887fa5661a8d0383ef94fe94d251.jpg (366KB, 1280x1149px) Image search: [Google]
c033887fa5661a8d0383ef94fe94d251.jpg
366KB, 1280x1149px
>>93510300
I think considering the finale, where Rodimus rushed to save him and they all displayed quite clear and frank trust for one another it seems like a random turnaround thrown in for drama.
>>
>>93510356

Yeah. that's a good point.

I'm still curious when Megatron makes his inevitable return, how that will go.
>>
>>93508546
wait, I thought that little red lesbian one was long dead?

did i miss an issue?
>>
Oh, fuck you Fangry.

Fuck you right in the ass, you mean little son of a bitch.
>>
>>93509509
>but seeing as the Skids/Quark/Brainstorm thing got fucking dropped like a stone,

YOU FIX THAT SHIT, RIGHT NOW ROBERTS.

How was it Whirl's fault?

I'm also picking up on the CyWhile couple? Maybe I'm just looking into it too much and I'm no longer able to see anyone as just friends. Everyone's hooking up.

Man poor BlankBlack.
>>
>>93510774
>How was it Whirl's fault?

There was that "we need to talk bit" that never got followed up but i doubt Whirl and Fangry conspired.

and yes Brainstorm needs to know what happened to Quark at least.

someone suggested the idea of Skids reincarnating in a manner simmiliar to the Doctor, not as THE Skids but perhaps as another version of the character or use one of the Diaclone Skids for the basis.
>>
>>93510829
>someone suggested the idea of Skids reincarnating in a manner simmiliar to the Doctor, not as THE Skids but perhaps as another version of the character or use one of the Diaclone Skids for the basis.
>>
>>93510774
Whirl quite clearly told Tailgate he was beating the shit out of Cyclonus in his sleep and it was a Bad Thing, leading to Tailgate's reaction to break up with Cyclonus.
It was an intervention for his friend and a metaphor for unhealthy relationships, and in those situations the person who's lost their loved one due to their friend getting involved tends to react badly, even if it was for entirely good reasons.

But with all the missed character drama this book has had recently in favour of trite muh feelings stuff, I don't know if we'll go there.
>>
>>93511018

yeah it is dumb but sounds like something Roberts would do, being the Doctor Who fan he is.
>>
File: tumblr_lj64tiLFzF1qec4oho1_1280.jpg (95KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj64tiLFzF1qec4oho1_1280.jpg
95KB, 600x837px
It would be pretty fucked up if Cy comes back in like four million years to say hi and then just kinda stands over a screaming Tailgate.

But I'm not too worried about it.
-The other bots will notice that two of their team is missing
-Flowers are a fake out. The radiation made them grow super rapidly. I bet it's only been a day or two.
-Someone's bound to question Fangry? Like why aren't you in the labs anymore?
-And I also bet TG is going to use the last of his zapping away strength to get out of the metal box at least, if only to have him stuck underground in the normal dirt so that he can be found? Or slowly crawl his way to the top?

All in all, good job Roberts.
>>
So how comes everyone's cool with leaving Megatron to pretty much start a whole new war in a different universe? Out of sight out of mind?
>>
I dont care about the Cygate drama but I genuinely liked Kaput, he was a nice new addition. Fucking Roberts why does he have to kill everything, Barber doesn't pull this shit.
>>
>>93511364

Pretty much. Or, if you're the optimistic sort, this time he'll do it peacefully, earning his redemption.

Either way it ain't their problem no more.
>>
Rung is the only left who knows what happened to Quark right? Skids told him during one of their sessions?
>>
File: tumblr_os8avzZTLj1tqa5i9o1_1280.png (626KB, 915x1260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os8avzZTLj1tqa5i9o1_1280.png
626KB, 915x1260px
>>93511259
...Wtf. That wasn't the image I wanted to spoil post.
>>
Do people really think this is the end of Tailgate? The other bots will notice that two of their team is missing besides of the only doctor on the planet. It is a matter of time before he is saved.
>>
Lug is just used as an object for Anode's character explanation, and then as a reward to cap off her introduction.
Nautica is reduced to "hey girlfriend, you inspire me" girl.
Another dead gay because relationship drama is the only drama apparently.

This writer is an old middle class fart who's read up on being "woke" and is trying to fake it and not making it.
>>
>>93511724
Shut up Lucas.
>>
Fangry is an excellent exsample of "don't piss off anyone who is weaker than you just sure you can."
>>
>>93512023
Didn't Fangry start it to try to get respect points?
>>
>>93511259
>It would be pretty fucked up if Cy comes back in like four million years to say hi and then just kinda stands over a screaming Tailgate.

lol i can see that.
>>
>>93511631

I saw that last night on Twitter...hahahaha i wasn't ready for that ending.
>>
>>93507610

He immediately says he was lying to trick Magnus after saying this, though. This was reverse psychology.
>>
I recently got into reading the TF comics starting with MTMTE, it was pretty good at first, but it kinda feels all over the place now. Are there any other books that are good? I saw some art from the Windblade comics and I was thinking of buying it.
>>
>>93512335
TAAO is (was ;_;) good. Also, maybe try Last Stand of the Wreckers/SIns of the Wreckers.
>>
>>93512423

Second on Last Stand of the Wreckers/Sins of the Wreckers. It's all the things you liked about MTMTE, but with all the Robertsisms kept in check by Roche.
>>
>>93512514
>but with all the Robertsisms kept in check by Roche.

shame they haven't collaborated in a long time, granted Roche has said, it's so he and Roberts can still be friends.
>>
File: laughing Akus.png (3MB, 3307x2126px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Akus.png
3MB, 3307x2126px
>>93508733
>the flowers are Cygate colored
>>
>>93512902

That's actually genius.
>>
This is all just drama for dramas sake now. There are no character arcs. Just circles. I think I'm finally gonna drop it from my list. Really hoping the next two issues sell horribly since they're Lug and Anode issues.
>>
>>93508720
>>93508733
I'm sorry for laughing, but Fangry just looks like he's having so much fun.
>>
>>93511018
says the bot who got rebuilt as a sniper for no reason
>>
>>93512992

Hopefully Issue 10 you'll at least read, that's the one i think may just save the comic.
>>
File: tumblr_mlxmrd6bNy1r8dvwio3_500.gif (497KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlxmrd6bNy1r8dvwio3_500.gif
497KB, 500x270px
ffs Roberts. He's on Twitter @ing people mentioning this bad review of LL #7 http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1803 complaining about the low score but then being all "I didn't read the review" when people try and address the points it makes.

I want a time machine so I can go back five years and stick him in a fucking Faraday cage.
>>
>>93513196
He's such a fucking crybaby, constantly throwing tantrums whenever people call out his trash writing. God damn.
>>
>>93513277

It's a shit situation. TAAO and exRID are out, MTMTE/LL have been in the shitter for years, and Optimus Prime is bogged down by Hasbro Universe bollocks. And whatever we call the series Salvation is part of is fucking great, but way too fucking infrequent.
>>
>>93513277

Ooooooh I bet IDW want to axe him. I feel it my bones. That's why he's so edgy, he MUST remain the golden boy at all costs so that he uses that as an argument to keep his job.
>>
>>93513196

GOOD! More and more people are turning on him and realizing he's shit! KILL HIM!
>>
>>93509710
>we will never see drift confront megatron on how he manipulated him due to his poor upbringing and social status
>we will never see megatron try and reconcile
>we will never see the after math

bullshit
>>
How IDW’s Transformers Movie Comics Outshine Michael Bay’s Films:

http://www.cbr.com/transformer-comics-better-than-michael-bay-films/
>>
>>93513774

Seems a bit much. I'd rather he just started writing decently again.
>>
>>93513941
>his poor upbringing and social status

He was a speedster in a Functionist society.
>>
>>93513946

let's be real here, Roberts got overhyped too fast as the 2nd coming, and thus his ego got bloated too fast.

I mean he could turn it around but that'd take self reflection.

if he took a year off from comics or 2 like Mairghread Ann Scott did, maybe he'd come back stronger. i mean she ultimately fixed a lot of the issues with her previous comics when TAAO was going.
>>
>>93512554
>granted Roche has said, it's so he and Roberts can still be friends.
wow, that bad huh
>>
>>93513966
if anything he just manipulated a broke druggie with no friends lol
>>
>>93514002
>if he took a year off from comics or 2 like Mairghread Ann Scott did, maybe he'd come back stronger. i mean she ultimately fixed a lot of the issues with her previous comics when TAAO was going.

TAAO was getting SO GOOD it's only major problem was slow pacing. Too bad that the first two Windblade series ruined her reputation with the fandom so people weren't willing to give TAAO a go.
>>
>>93513941
Is it manipulation if he wanted to join up anyway? I mean he was standing in a crowd listening to Megatron orate with a big robo boner when senpai noticed him, and he was a violent asshole who was drug free by that point.
He's pretty much just a hypocrite if he lays all the blame on Megatron.
>>
>>93509414
>making
Dude, Krok is already out and has been for a while.
>>93509710
>despite them being formerly very close
They really weren't at all, and I'm confused why people think this. Megatron made a big show of accepting Drift into the Decepticons but that's all it was: a big show.
>>93510829
>There was that "we need to talk bit" that never got followed up
Whirl told Tailgate about the night fits. This is not shown but it's easy to logic together.
>>93509466
>Dat foreshadowing that the armour will lock him out if he changes too much
Considering who made the armor, I'm not surprised at all that it has that feature.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>93508733
>quite literally bury your gays
>>
I know it was only one issue ago, but I can't recall. How did Megatron get ditched? He told Rodimus he was going to follow him in just a second. Why did Roddy jump on the pad and leave without him?
>>
Man I'm excited for Rodimus and gang to get back to Getaway now. Megatron's gone, that looses all of Getaway's argument right three. Tailgate's gone, that's going to be very interesting, and when Roddy tells the others about the DJD (good way to slip in that's how Megatron was "destroyed") everyone's going to turn on Getaway pretty quick. You think Getaway is going to get killed off? I'm worried that he will, but he's such a good character if you really think about it.
>>
File: 1122525542546892.png (79KB, 177x241px) Image search: [Google]
1122525542546892.png
79KB, 177x241px
>>93514481
He's shown to be standing at Megatron's side in several flashbacks, and Megatron showed him alot of favouritism from what I can remember.

But he was never an original decepticon command character, so I guess he was the favourite grunt/assassin until he ran away to join a fancier cult.

>>93514745
>Rodimus and the gang
>getting back to Getaway any time soon
>>
>>93514680
Terminus gave him the wrong coordinates to meet up with the others.
>>
>>93510587
She got resurrected by her girlfriend with a special snowflake.
>>
>>93513196

The only thing worse than Roberts are his zealots dick sucking fans that will defend him to death regardless of how shit or wrong Roberts is.

I will cry tears of happiness when Roberts leaves Transformers for good.
>>
>>93508733
I liked this issue
>>
>>93514784
They aren't going to the LL now? Oh COME ON.
>>
>MTMTE quite clearly states the processor AND spark are both necessary for a transformer to live
>Lug's processor apparently just magically reconstituted
What the fuck am i reading?

>>93514847
No. Enjoy your (and i'm not kidding) TWO ISSUE LUG/ANODE SPECIAL ADVENTURE
The only way he's selling that is if he intersperses it with happenings in Megatron's universe.
>>
>>93508720
Fuck. New character or no, I liked him.
>>
>>93514878
>No. Enjoy your (and i'm not kidding) TWO ISSUE LUG/ANODE SPECIAL ADVENTURE

I truly hope these end up as the worst selling book in the entire run
>>
>>93506337
> Is this the real life.jpg
>>
>>93514554

I was reminded of this old post
>>
File: tumblr_orzd0pHoul1riu867o1_1280.jpg (321KB, 864x1310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orzd0pHoul1riu867o1_1280.jpg
321KB, 864x1310px
>>93514847
>>
>>93515019
Oh wow a Alex cover. It's beautiful. Issue 10?! UGH. That's in FOREVER.
>>
>>93514929
>Fuck. New character or no, I liked him.

Fangry is a G1 character.
>>
>>93514878
>Lug's processor apparently just magically reconstituted
Uh... yeah? That's the whole point of what Anode did. Stick Lug's soul into a goo fetus so it can grow a new body, including a brain. It's nothing new.
>>
>>93514929
>>93515136
They're talking about Kaput, who incidentally isn't a new character. He showed up in Bullets and Spotlight: Orion Pax before Lost Light.
>>
>>93515138
With her memories intact? The whole point is it should be a NEW processor. Dead processors canonically cannot be recreated.
>>
>>93514847

Rodimus and co. won't be going right away but i imagine they will return to it near the end of the season.

>>93515019
>>93515110

This should have been issue 1 of Lost Light.
>>
>>93515164
sparks ultimately hold memories, not brains.
while we're on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-w1EzJUDkQ
>>
>find out Lost Light crew are alive
>oh boy, better go check nothing's happened to my waifu Megatro--
>>
>>93514959
And if they are people are gonna scream how homophobic people are because they didn't love the lesbians and their filler 2 issue story.
>>
>>93515211
Sparks hold something more like "personalities", I believe. The "essence" of a cybertornian.
Processors are for your memories.

Information Creep indicates that memories are stored in the brain module and can become corrupted. They're not from the spark.
>>
>>93515169
>This should have been issue 1 of Lost Light.

I disagree. It'd be shit if they just immediately went right back to the LL. On an issue-by-issue basis, it's not actually been that long since we saw Getaway. It's just with fucking Revolutions and print delays etc that it's worked out much longer in real-time. In print, two arcs and a little filler isn't that long to wait.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1SM2twdPE
>Push your defenseless soul out of your body just to flaunt it to your enemies
The Vehicon generals were hardcore
>>93515338
Arcee remembered being outside of her body while imprisoned.
>>
File: creep.jpg (121KB, 540x402px) Image search: [Google]
creep.jpg
121KB, 540x402px
>>93515211
>that YYEEEEEEEEEESSS

I think it differs from continuity to continuity, but MTMTE has gone by memories = processor and soul = spark before.
>>
>>93515427
something that's altered in one place can end up still altered in another place
>>
>>93515211
>that sunset scene
>that westen music
>that YEEESSSS

fuck this show had some god tier moment.
>>
>>93515483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mICKA7wLM
>>
>>93515248

"What do you mean GONE!?"
"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, the good news is that if he starts another war in a different universe, he'll be the good guy this time. So, potato potato, right?"
>>
>>93513277
So he's literally Dan Slott.
>>
>>93515019
>Protectobots
Where's my boy, Rook?
>>
>>93513774
Holy shit you sperg calm down, you're acting like a child on the playground mad someone else took his favorite toy.

I'm just hoping Roberts might learn from this and possibly improve like Scott did but that might be a tall order.
>>
File: this shit aint logical.png (429KB, 501x622px) Image search: [Google]
this shit aint logical.png
429KB, 501x622px
>Tfw I actually like biplane and backpack but feel it's kind of contrived that she just comes back to life with memories intact, no harm no foul
>Tfw I thought Megatron becoming a good guy was turning out to be an alright redemption arc but it ended so anticlimactically by him just getting stranded in another universe where his history is nulled
>Tfw I don't even really care what's going on with Tailgate
>Tfw I liked Kaput but now he's kaput
>Punished Nautica
Like, the bright spot is Whirl still being an awkward bro

I dunno. Mildly disappointed. I still like the series but I feel this could have been done differently. Maybe it'll get better.
>>
>>93514481
>>making
>Dude, Krok is already out and has been for a while.

Well I have very shitty Wal-Mart so this is the first I've heard of it I haven't even seen Perceptor yet.
>>
I liked cyclonus and tailgate for a while and thought they'd get together near the end of mtmte and then they didn't, and now their constant melodrama just annoys the hell out of me and I could care less if either of them died. I miss my sweet summer child megatron.
>>
File: 1490790194320.png (224KB, 295x667px) Image search: [Google]
1490790194320.png
224KB, 295x667px
>be jro
>Megatron and Tailgate consistently the most popular characters
>...uh. Put 'em on a bus and throw in my ocs to fill their places.
>cygate is popular
>Oh, I know what people love! Miscommunication drama!
>log in to twitter to see how much my fans LOVE this new issue
>mfw
>>
>>93514019
I want more details on this one. Actually I also want the dirt on Roberts and Milne.
>>
>>93515874
>I could care less if either of them died
>could care less
https://youtu.be/om7O0MFkmpw
>>
I want JRo to quit fucking killing people pointlessly, that's my biggest problem with him since issue 1. And I'm not fucking talking about Tailgate since we all know the little annoying fucker will be fine.
>>
>>93515998

the anal pounding he gets after every issues of shit gives me life.
>>
>>93513132
I'll check out storytimes, but I don't feel LL is worth money right now.
>>
>>93515874
I have the same thoughts. Cygate was pretty adorable, but it should have just stayed as a subdued fluff (with actual pay-off). We already had all that that tragedy shit with Chromedome/Rewind. Plus Tailgate in particular got insufferable after the gay power-up. Megatron and his redemption was the only thing I was able to get invested in later on in the comics. It sucks when good shit with loads of potential is put into the hands of a shitty writer.
>>
>>93514784
He was pretty fond of him. He did some kind of betrayal or refusal to follow orders. Lockdown got hired to bring him in rather than kill him. If he had more of a head for command or strategy rather than combat he might have had to contend with Starscream for a lieutenant position.
>>
>>93514878
Should have been a Scavengers issue. Or the Rodsquad meets the Scavengers at least.
>>
>>93515856
I got mine. You can look through and adjust his microscope.
>>
Do you think we'll get a time skip that puts LL in line with the rest of the books?
>>
>>93516326
Megatron stationed him with Turmoil for some period of time for a long mission because he had great faith in his abilities or something, but he fucking hated Turmoil so much he kicked the shit out of him and ran away.
Megatron tried to get him to come back by sending Deadlock, but Deadlock fucked up and pushed him further into the Circle of Light.

So really, Megatron was probably far nicer to Drift than the rest of his subordinates.
>>
>>93516553
Thats what i was getting at. Any other Decepticon would get reported to the DJD or the DSS. Any other Decepticon would have got the shit beat out of them by Megatron personally. Drift was "come home and we'll talk this out" and we've not seen him do anything like that for someone else.
>>
>>93516759
>>93516553
So Drift is Megatron's ungrateful, unruly teenaged son?
>>
>>93516901
>I thought I told you to stay away from that Roddy boy and that cult that talks about the inner light.
>but daddy, I love him!
>>
File: Untitled.png (50KB, 775x402px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
50KB, 775x402px
>>93516098
>>
>>93517334
Haha oh wow, you know even if his writing is bad right now, you have to be a particular level of cunt to say that directly to the writer.
>>
>>93517334
>>93517369
The best part is just wait until roberts is canned and they replace him with someone even worse and all these little tumblr preteens will really be crying. Things dont usually get better.
>>
>>93517334

Allright which one of you glorious fucks did this?
>>
>>93517414
whoever is the most autistic with the least amount of self control
>>
>>93517448
STARSCREAAAAM
>>
>>93517623
I laughed
>>
>>93517404

I hope to god he gets canned regardless of how shitty the next writer will be.

Costa is better than enduring the self-righteous Roberts cocksuckers.
>>
>>93517657
Roberts Knobers
https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/880186909435322368
>>
>>93517414
'twas me, Barry!
>>
>>93517657
Anon as someone who had to live through Costa's run, no, even Roberts stuff at it's worst is better than Costa. Only thing he did well was Thundercracker.
>>
File: 1437952886213.gif (4MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
1437952886213.gif
4MB, 400x253px
>>93517404
>mfw they replace him with Kate Leth
>>
File: 1493544428384.jpg (89KB, 459x735px) Image search: [Google]
1493544428384.jpg
89KB, 459x735px
Still best girl
>>
File: 1498286353510.png (1MB, 1080x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1498286353510.png
1MB, 1080x1800px
>>93517958
NOT SO FAST
>>
File: 1493086018223.png (1003KB, 634x822px) Image search: [Google]
1493086018223.png
1003KB, 634x822px
>>93518050

No...
>>
>>93511732
The more woke people try to be, the more offensive they become.
>>
>>93518086
*Yes
>>
>>93516464
I Imagine maybe time will pass between this issue and the next.
>>
File: 1489438546852.jpg (284KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1489438546852.jpg
284KB, 900x1367px
>>93518169

stap

Weeblade is best girlbot
>>
File: 8hgbgvcxz.jpg (187KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
8hgbgvcxz.jpg
187KB, 512x384px
>>93518231
oh ok
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6x9__W42Yc

Why did the first movie have such a great score but all the other movie's ost's were shit?
>>
>>93518323
>maximum implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHh-BS37vuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1o_RCRJuhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXor2pZ25c
>>
>>93518529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41tlUe7Lrd4
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 330x500px
New cover art for Vol 2 trade is up on Amazon. Not sure if this one's been posted, but it does raise questions about where they're going with that dropped-hard Skids/Nautica romance that went nowhere. Might be a variant for 8 or 9, but it isn't one that I've seen. Could be for #11 or 12 given that those are included in the trade.

Also Nautica's face looks weird on this cover, like it got squished together.
>>
>>93518563
that's just a redo of previous themes
>>
>>93518614
>that went nowhere
because it never actually happened in the first place
>>
>>93518617

If it's one thing the Bayformers movies did that was fantastic it was the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4df74U4vaOI
>>
>>93515019
>Rook better be there, Hulk hands and All
>>
>>93518662
>Rook
>triggered
>>
>>93518687
are you attempting to make some sort of joke
>>
>>93518614
>but it does raise questions about where they're going with that dropped-hard Skids/Nautica romance
No? We saw exactly what was going on- Nautica though of everyone as friends and Skids wanted something more, that was it. The cover implies the same.
>>
>>93518711
There was a panel somewhere recently where it was implied she regretted something to do with her behaviour previous to his death. And we were led on to believe they could have started a romance before the fake progressive that is Roberts introduced the idea that the Transformers have a literal Friendzone.
I think the subtext is that she did have some feelings for him but dismissed them or ran away from them into "we're all just friends".
>>
File: Pinky-Bee.jpg (150KB, 1135x852px) Image search: [Google]
Pinky-Bee.jpg
150KB, 1135x852px
>>93518323
>>93518529
>>93518563
speaking of movies, DOTM's best boy is getting his best form released
>>93518818
counterpoint: i think you're projecting
>>
>>93518818
I wouldn't call that "dropped-hard Skids/Nautica romance" then, thats a tragic remorseful slow burn angst regret if anything.
>>
>>93518844
Think what you like. Maybe consider it if you re-read the issues sometime.
>>93518866
I'm not the guy who brought it up in the first place.
>>
File: 1489479345272.jpg (68KB, 394x170px) Image search: [Google]
1489479345272.jpg
68KB, 394x170px
>>93518844

W-what's Optimus gonna do with that gas pump?
>>
>>93518883
onus is on you to provide evidence
>>
File: pump.jpg (27KB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
pump.jpg
27KB, 400x212px
>>93518887
>Gas-Bot is a young, easily excited Go-Bot that, due to his affiliation with Speed-Bot, is part of the Go-Bot Protector team on Earth. He is inseparable from his buddy Kid-Bot, and like him doesn't so much speak as produce chirps that may or may not be understood by the rest of the Go-Bots.
>>
>>93518927
Evidence for what? Are you okay?
>>
>>93518977
The situation you're describing about the nature of Skids' and Nautica's relationship. I'm perfectly fine.
>>
>>93506889

I saw it earlier. It is from Prevengeance. It's pretty fun, I wish more franchises did stuff like that.
>>
Whos the better ship? Cygate or Cywhirl?
>>
>>93508564

I like the reference to Nautica's old spark type before it was edited in the trades.
>>
>>93518960
The Go-Bot universes are WEIRD.
>Planet isn't Cybertron.
>Everyone is a Shifter.
>No Autobots or Decepticons.
>Lacks an Prime or Megatron, but has versions of Beast Wars characters and random G1 characters like Mirage and Silverbolt.
>>
File: 1494901425998.jpg (382KB, 600x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1494901425998.jpg
382KB, 600x1073px
>>
File: beastmode.jpg (58KB, 628x640px) Image search: [Google]
beastmode.jpg
58KB, 628x640px
>>93519130
CURSED IMAGE: canon orange Tigatron
>>
>>93519020
Are you sure? You seem to be trying to start an internet fight over something innocuous, in all seriousness. I know this is a Transformers thread, but c'mon on, not every conversation needs to be daggers drawn. Think whatever you like my friend, and if thinking I'm wrong makes you feel good and right then more power to you.
>>
>>93519088
After the recent issues of constant forced drama pretty much everything is better than cygate now.
>>
>>93519185
onus is on you to provide evidence
>>
>>93518703
The thought of a SWAT vehicle in amongst rescue vehicles makes me ill.
>>
File: r_protectobot-rook-011.jpg (66KB, 600x561px) Image search: [Google]
r_protectobot-rook-011.jpg
66KB, 600x561px
>>93519219
>armored vehicle capable of transporting large numbers of people
>not a good rescue vehicle
>>
>>93519088
I for one always though cygate was odd because I could have swore they would make them a master/student kind of ship, rather than romantic. So that always kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I always supposed cywhirl for being two very old cranky warrior bros who would rather punch each other than hold hands. They're both messed up on the inside and being together kinda makes two crappy be one kinda good one. I always liked how they would both risk their lives for someone else, even though they come off as wouldn't. Cyclones, who followed crazy ass Glavatron for a four million years, would be drawn more to Whirl I thought. Not baby Tailgate. Oh well.

But watching the fangirls on tumblr right flame war each other over the ships is very entertaining.
>>
Just read Lost Light, and I did not like it. I hate it when they scrap characters in the most infuriating way possible, alongside with the garbage drama.

Now that's out of the way, what do you think would make for a good human protagonist in a Transformers series?
>>
>>93519370
One that can become a transformer.

Like Headmaster Jrs or Godmasters.
>>
File: 1482927263330.png (169KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
1482927263330.png
169KB, 500x192px
>>
Name someone else who's had a rather harsh ending like Tailgate. I can't. I mean being left to rot for the next six million years....Oof. That's rough.
>>
File: 1484170154703.jpg (196KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1484170154703.jpg
196KB, 1024x724px
How is babby formed?
>>
>>93519597
>implying it's his ending
>>
>>93519597
Poetry.
>>
>>93519136
RIP, died-offscreen-chan
>>
File: RCO023_1478662675.jpg (468KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO023_1478662675.jpg
468KB, 1054x1600px
>>93515211
>>93515338

The four-issue Ironhide miniseries with him, Alpha Trion (being uncharacteristically an ass), and Sunstreak(?) indicates that the memories ultimately go from the brain module to the spark. Ironhide is returned with the memories of who he was just after the war with the Decepticons started, because he took an injury to the connection between the brain and the spark that prevented his memories from being permanently backed up.

Pic related.
>>
>>93519567
>Where do you think you are?
>>
>>93519597
Kaput didn't deserve to go out like that.
>>
>>93519694
>Vector Sigma sent a pulsewave directly into my torso and the protoform's growing inside me. I'm like a Titan now!
>>
File: 1479300685164.jpg (71KB, 599x808px) Image search: [Google]
1479300685164.jpg
71KB, 599x808px
>>
>>93520327
This method of doing eyes is starting to really grow on me.
>>
File: tumblr_nb88djub3B1tul2ozo1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb88djub3B1tul2ozo1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x740px
>>
>>93520165
Who is that, another shit-tier OC?
>>
File: 1494760624315.jpg (271KB, 867x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1494760624315.jpg
271KB, 867x1295px
>fleshbag

delet
>>
>>93517958
Heels to rival Starscream's too.
>>
>>93519597
Marvel Ratchet, especially the Regeneration One timeline one.
>>
>>93520467
>Sickomoto
Gonna throw up.
>>
>>93519159
That's red.
>>
What if they got Gail Simone to write it?
>>
>>93520563
adjust your monitor
>>
>>93519597
Discovered in a hole. Died in a hole.
Poor little trash can. I will miss him.
>>
>>93520626
Wouldn't help. I'm colorblind. I just like to start the whole "Professor X's chair" argument.
>>
File: 1455853464858.jpg (99KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
1455853464858.jpg
99KB, 659x659px
>>93520745
>>
File: dank.jpg (39KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
39KB, 500x371px
>>93514816
>>
Wtf why didn't anyone on Rodimus's team tell Tailgate to not stay on a planet? They not only did they lose a crew member, but also their powerhouse, and just a good friend who helped them save the universe twice over now. Does Rodimus and Magnus really not give a shit and just waved him off?
>>
>>93521084
Tailgate chose to stay behind.
>>
>>93508673
Does Drift's comment imply that Rodimus subconsciously agreed with what he told Utlar Mgsuna?
>>
>>93521121
And? Brainstorm wanted to stay behind the past too, and he didn't get what he wanted. I guess I'm just surprised they didn't show one panel of Rodimus saying at least goodbye.
>>
>>93521551
Dude the idea is they're not supposed to be leaving forever. They're going to get their ship then coming back to pick everyone up.
>>
>>93521551
Tailgate is also thrashing in his sleep. Kaput and Whirl probably had a bit towards keeping Tailgate on planet.
>>
>>93520251
This. I'm more mad about Kaput's death than anything else.
>>
>>93506877
>>93506897

Huh?

Milne is literally working on ROM vs Transformers right now. He was miffed that he got taken off MTMTE/LL w/o notice but he still works for them.
>>
>>93508679
I haven't read MTMTE since issue #37 and I am absolutely fucking bewildered by this page.

What the fuck Roberts
>>
>>93521597

They gonna come back?
>>
>>93508679
>>93509422
I feel it would be appropriate if, should Whirl die, it should be at Cyclonus' hand, as he had promised way back in MTMTE#2.
>>
>>93522142

Don't dig the emo tears?
>>
>>93522142
Why would you drop it at 37? The time travel story was about the only good thing from S2.
>>93522274
Cyclonus did the same thing in season 1.
>>
File: C8_SOKnUAAAH6ge.jpg orig.jpg (20KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
C8_SOKnUAAAH6ge.jpg orig.jpg
20KB, 500x504px
>>93522299
Because I was actually buying the issues, and I wasn't too sure if I wanted to continue (being a moosefucker makes comics more expensive).
>>
>>93522244
The space ship they left in could only hold 20 fucking people.

The Lost Light runs a crew of HUNDREDS.
>>
>>93522373

Um...yeah. But Getaway has the Lost Light. Why would Rodimus's team come back to Necroworld after they get it back?
>>
>>93522645
... To fucking pick up the rest of the crew.
>>
>>93522645
A sizable chunk of the crew is still stuck on necroworld, and EVERYONE on necroworld is stuck there, because they can't get off. The ship they left in can only hold 20, so they need to get a better ship, ideally the one that was stolen from them, and come back to rescue the stranded folks.
>>
>>93522766
>>93522735
>>93522645

I thought they said the 20 would get past the jamming, call Cybertron to pick the rest up, and the 20 would proceed to go after Getaway.
>>
>>93522952
On further consideration, I remember the call cybertron thing. You're right about that. Having said that, I see no reason they wouldn't come retrieve any crewmembers at the nearest opportunity. Assuming you have to oust all the mutineers, 20 people a ship that size does not run.

But that would make you right about them not arguing with Tailpipe leaving. He stayed voluntarily, and made it clear he was cutting ties. So he wasn't planning on coming back to the crew. I was assuming they'd have to at least run into him again, but you're right.
>>
>>93523024
Some of those bots are going to join them of course. They never gave an actual number on how may bots Censere saved.
>>
>>93508733
Can't he just punch and dig his way out like in Kill Bill?
>>
>>93507209
Ultra Magnus and Megatron as the two straight laced guys having to deal with the ship full of kooks and seeming to get along better for it was one of my favorite developments about the series once Megatron turned.

>And I think Autobot Megatron is the freshest thing to happen to the character in years and it should never end until Him and Prime Embrace like old beat up prize fighters and just go off into the sunset as enemies turned true friends.

So seeing this UM potentially being a dick to him is troubling.
>>
>>93523927
Kaput said the isolation chamber is impenetrable.
>>
>>93524015
It's also a 180 on his character growth. He had a good balance. He accepted moral ambiguity while not performing it. And now it's just bullshit.
>>
>>93524202
>>93524015

He's obviously struggling with it. I feel like it's a little harder to judge expressions when the art isn't Milne-quality I honestly don't think it's outright bad, but it's just not right for the story.

Rodimus obviously picked up on UM's uncertainty and manipulated his old habits into being angry at Megatron just like him. The speech bubbles in >>93508649 show especially well how conflicted UM is(until he makes his decision). I'm sure this'll be revisited if they ever retrieve Megatron, and they'll probably reconcile.
>>
>>93518614
There's something weird about that cover. It looks like it was mirrored in a weird way (other than Nautica's antenna).
>>
>>93524604
I want to see what happens when Starscream learns Megatron was lost. I'm expecting him to actually be more worried since he could come back even worse.
>>
>>93520200
I do like asshole Alpha though. I want Onery Old Bot.
>>
>>93524858
I think that's what they did...and why not. They copy paste three panels in a row and put in a word bubble in the third to show pause. Are you surprised?
>>
File: UNITINU.jpg (46KB, 489x449px) Image search: [Google]
UNITINU.jpg
46KB, 489x449px
>>93525105
I've got nothing against an artist mirroring a picture if it's meant to be wholly symmetrical. It's all digital anyway. But this one feels like it was mirrored at the wrong point, it feels like a meme photoshop.
>>
>>93525144

>Alex Milne wouldn't put up with that shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nos2fsOG1H1qczupzo1_1280.png (578KB, 732x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nos2fsOG1H1qczupzo1_1280.png
578KB, 732x424px
...Roberts had this Rung thing planned since issue #28
>>
>>93508594
So with that memory line Anode stated. Does that mean that the spark that Starscream is gonna put into Slag's corpse is gonna revive the old Slag??
>>
>>93508533
>now that you're fully grown
wait, what? Robots grow since when?
what did I miss?
>>
>>93526540
Whose spark was it?
>>
>>93526627
>Robots grow since when?
Since Marvel G1.
>>
>>93526627
Anode has some bullshit ability to form or reform the living metal that forms transformer bodies, and she used a flower made from Lug's remains to basically regrow her.

This is basically the transformers analogue to Death of Superman, and really makes me uncomfortable with her continued presence.
>>
>>93526680
I want to say it was one of the yet-to-be-born ones from the hot spot the Dinobots were protecting.

Maybe that, combined with Slag's brain could revive him in a way. The unborn spark would be "impressionable" enough that it would take up the memories.

>>93526706
I've got been following LL, but would this basically allow Anode to effectively rebuild anyone on the planet using their flowers plus a protoform?
>>
>>93526497
Damn I hate how much I still like Getaway, even though he's a backstabber and a New Zealander.
>>
>>93526738
>I've got been following LL, but would this basically allow Anode to effectively rebuild anyone on the planet using their flowers plus a protoform?

It is fact she's not GOOD at it, Lug being a success was the exception more than the rule, but yeah, basicaly.
>>
>>93526738
>>93526706
She's a Blacksmith. Effectively a Cybertronian midwife. So you have a spark at the hotspot insulated in some type of fluid. In these hotspots are pieces of sentio metallico. Somehow the spark will bond to whatever piece of sentio metallico it likes near it and it provides a set of instructions for the spark on how to form the body.

So sometimes the spark needs a nudge. That's her job. If a spark doesn't want to be "born" then she coaxes it into it's Primus given form.

With Lug, they had a tiny sliver of spark energy in a flower on Necroworld. She had a piece of SM that had never been bonded. They channeled the sliver of Lug's spark into the SM and she shaped it.
>>
>>93526738
I looked it up. Mutated Sweeps spark, corpse of Slug, and Bludgeon lives. On a side not Flatline also lives. I was pleased with this since the Cons had so few medics to begin with.
>>
>>93526826
>cybertronian midwife
invokes the image of her standing next to a hotspot and she's like
'Breath in and out, and press slwoly, there, I already see the head just a little more'
>>
>>93526894
You're not exactly wrong.
>>
What is more commonly seen as the 'core' of G1 - the cartoon or the comic? Is one particularly better than the other? Or are both worth watching?
>>
>>93520480
This is why, in spite of myself, I ship them.

Just imagine their shoe collection!
>>
File: 1491310978159.jpg (78KB, 874x456px) Image search: [Google]
1491310978159.jpg
78KB, 874x456px
I want to protect her
>>
>>93526987
I'd say there are more who consider the cartoon as the "core". Both the cartoon and comic have their high points, but you have to go in knowing that a lot is influenced by the need to sell toys.
>>
>>93526987

Easily the cartoon. The Marvel and UK comics are little more than a footnote as far as the property is concerned.
>>
>>93526987
The cartoon is without a doubt more iconic, and when someone mentions G1 they're probably talking about that. The G1 Marvel comic has quite a following in the UK because their version has extra issues, though it has very 80s-style comic writing and storytelling. Both aren't really objectively 'good' but can be entertaining, and I think the comics have deeper lore, though I haven't read too much of them.

IDW's comics are also called IDW G1 and they're usually fairly good overall. There are both bad and fantastic issues and runs throughout, but that again varies depending on your taste.

IDW G1 is more accessible to a modern, adult audience, the G1 cartoon is silly but fun and certainly what most consider 'G1', and the Marvel G1 comics are interesting, but aren't particularly accessible.

Really it just depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>93526987
It actually depends on where you live, if you are a US fan G1 but if you grew up in England(like I did) the fandom was for a very long time was more taken with the comics, so many British people who now work on the franchise site the comic as more influential.
>>
>>93527263
Ok. But the show was silly as hell. We're the comics really better than all stuff we got in the cartoon?
>>
>>93526987
Depends on your definition of core. I and a lot of others would say the G1 cartoon, but the work the Marvel staff put into the franchise is technically the foundation it started from.
>>
>>93526706
>>93521551
>>93521084
>>93526738
fucking christ, i'm starting to think a good portion of you are complaining about the comics when you haven't actually read them or retained what happened in them
>>
>>93527542
Welcome to TFG.
>>
File: megatron's redemption arc.jpg (73KB, 946x472px) Image search: [Google]
megatron's redemption arc.jpg
73KB, 946x472px
>>
>>93527703
not applicable, bad use of image
>>
>>93527877
>jro spent the entire comic drawing parallels between megatron and hitler
>including showing concentration camps
>everyone who criticizes megatron in-story is shown as being screaming unreasonable assholes

How is it not applicable again?
>>
>>93514816
so what was the point of her being dead?
>>
>>93527890
hitler in that image wants to currently mass murder, megatron does not currently want to mass murder
>>
>>93527980
to introduce some worldbuilding
>>
>>93527703
It's more like "Guys no it's cool after committing mass genocide for millions of years I've realized murdering people might be kind of a dick move sometimes and I feel pretty bad about it. Hey, what's wrong, why don't you trust me?"
>>
File: OhNo.jpg (3MB, 2550x2937px) Image search: [Google]
OhNo.jpg
3MB, 2550x2937px
>>93525264
Well damn. Alex, you apologize for whatever wrong you've done right now, mister. LL is dying without you.
>>
>>93516426

Did you try out his tank mode?
>>
>>93528050
I'm a little lost as to what the point of Cyclonus is at this point.

I mean, why was he on the Lost Light to begin with? Was there anything to him besides Tailgate?
>>
>>93528084
Same reasons as Rodimus, only he actually meant it: the current Cybertron wasn't HIS Cybertron, and the Knights could change that.
>>
>>93528082
>>93516426
>>93515856
TR Perceptor's a REALLY bad figure though, at least compared to the other figures in the line. Poor-quality plastic, can barely stand up, no waist swivel, oversized scope and can't use other titan masters correctly because of the scope hinge.
>>
>>93516094

I can live with the killing people. I'd prefer the people who died stayed dead or had deaths that weren't fake-outs (Rewind, Cyclonus, Lug). It cheapens the stakes. Really made it hard to get invested in the season 2 finale after the Cyclonus survival ass-pull and Rewind 2.0.
>>
>>93528098
He's pretty versatile in the different ways you can transform him though, and he's one of the few who can do an arms-behind-his back pose.
>>
>>93527890

Autobot Megatron had the most amazing potential but Robert's Megatron the uwuevolutionary was just him jerking himself off and I hope to god that when we see Megtron again under a different writer he's a full blown Decepticon monster.
>>
>>93528084
A- His unconscious body was dragged onto the ship after he got into a fight with Whirl and got them both knocked out.
B- When he woke up he told Rodimus that he's not a Con and that the current Cybertron isn't the one he left before Galvatron
C- As Tailgate mentioned in this issue, he not only wants to find the Knights, but also Cybertipa
D- He's made allies and comrade with Whirl/Rewind/Rodimus/Even Magnus/Swerve and now is part of the crew. Which is why in this issue, as he had all intentions with staying with Tailgate, he wanted to discus the matter that they would be leaving their team behind if they stayed.
>>
>>93528084
Other case where you're making it seem like you aren't even reading the comic.
The latest issue JUST went over this again.
>>
>>93528138
Another*
>>
>>93528138
>Other case where you're making it seem like you aren't even reading the comic.

Can you blame anyone from not wanting to pay attention to utter shit?
>>
>>93521084

Did Rodimus and Magnus ever give a shit about Tailgate?
>>
>>93528098

>TR Perceptor's a REALLY bad figure though

Sez you, I think he's great.
>>
>>93528156
if they're going to discuss it, yes.
>>
IDW characters taken too soon

What's her name, /co/?
>>
>>93528350
Shockwave will be back with Bumblebee r-right?
>>
>>93528350

Trailbreaker
Hardhead
Barricade
>>
File: tumblr_os9b9yaLRN1u7w9feo1_1280.png (182KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os9b9yaLRN1u7w9feo1_1280.png
182KB, 600x900px
>>
>>
File: tumblr_os9b9yaLRN1u7w9feo3_1280.png (208KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os9b9yaLRN1u7w9feo3_1280.png
208KB, 600x900px
>>
>>93528412
>>93528422
>>93528438

my god, that's even more horrifying.
>>
File: tumblr_os9lzrfhBG1r21kwlo1_1280.jpg (194KB, 792x536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os9lzrfhBG1r21kwlo1_1280.jpg
194KB, 792x536px
>>
File: laughingrainingblood.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughingrainingblood.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>93528776
>>
>>93528603
but that didn't add anything to what actually happened. how is that MORE horrifying?
>>
>>93527890
I'd say more of a Stalin or Lenin than Hitler. Fits more with the naive ideology of megatron's original ideas becoming warped by the reality of war and conflict and eventually corrupted into something awful.
Also the prisons were generally for autobots and traitors, thus more gulags than concentration camps.

Functionists are more supposed to represent facism than decepticons. Autobots I guess fit in somewhere since both sides happily perpetuated war crimes whilst both leaders were gaurly aware of it, though Optimus never partook.
>>
>>93528603
can't bots just kind of shut down with an alarm to wake them up?
>>
>>93528350
Trailbreaker
Pipes
Kaput can join now

If we count Lost Light crew who left?

Fort Max
First Aid
>>
>>93530625
At least Pipes died while warning the rest of the crew about Overlord.
>>
>>93530923
Yeah, but I just feel bad for the guy. He never caught a break.

Trailbreaker's probably the worst for me since he was miserable for ages, finally catches a break only to immediately get ripped to shreds by the DJD.
>>
I really need to actually read all of these comics.

Why is 'Rod purple?
>>
>>93531090
Trailcutter was too pure for this universe.
>>
>>93531092
He got Drift to paint him in essentially "THE COLOURS OF REVENGE" because he's kind of an edgy asshole like that at the moment.
>>
File: tumblr_osaqdgeLKD1w0dg6bo1_1280.jpg (108KB, 750x637px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osaqdgeLKD1w0dg6bo1_1280.jpg
108KB, 750x637px
>>
File: laughing robots.gif (569KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
laughing robots.gif
569KB, 400x308px
>>93531230
>>
>>93515019
>This cover
>Using the Combiner Wars' toys
>Y No Blades?!
>Rook replacing Blades?!?!?!?!
I hope First Aid snaps completely. 1st Ambulon then most of his friends from season 2 getting ditched.
>>
>>93531090
By someone whose life he just saved, even.

DJD getting wrecked with the help of his panic bubble was justice.
>>
File: Scan_20160501 (4).jpg (570KB, 1273x917px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_20160501 (4).jpg
570KB, 1273x917px
>>93526768
...but the only way to GET a blank protoform is to kill a baby. And weren't there no hot spots left?

Let's face it, Tarantulas is the only long-term hope for the survival of the Cybertronian species.
>>
>>93528350
Runabout & Runamuck all the way back in Devastation.
>>
>>93530218
Going to guess that if something as tricky as radiation is envovled with an unstable super charged spark, going in for six months was a big test risk. Six million years will probably destroy anything inside the box. So he can shut down, sure, but he probably won't wake up again.
>>
>>93528350
Flywheels. Poor dumb Flywheels. And Ambulon, who was just never cut out for this world anyway.
>>
File: 1493780116486.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493780116486.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>93508720
>>93508733
>>93528412
>>93528422
>>93528438
>>93528776
>>93531899
I haven't had this much fucking fun since Breakdown died
>>
>>93531633
best boy
>>
File: autobotslaughending.gif (515KB, 510x330px) Image search: [Google]
autobotslaughending.gif
515KB, 510x330px
>>93531230
>>
>>93531503
>Using the Combiner Wars' toys
No it isn't.
>Rook replacing Blades?!?!?!?!
Rook isn't on there either, dipshit.
>>
>>93527376
Look the comic gave us Death's head, helped influence Beast Wars and gave some spotlight to characters like Nightbeat, Bludgeon, and the storyline Target 2001. The cartoon and comics are both good for their time with the UK comic stuff being damn fun.
>>
File: To Sell Toys.png (2MB, 1706x678px) Image search: [Google]
To Sell Toys.png
2MB, 1706x678px
>>93532465
You must be a blind fuck. First Aid, Grooves and Streetwise are based on their Combiner War toys
>First Aid's head, chest, backpack and color arrangement
>Streetwise's head with its color scheme and chest lining details
>Groove is based on Takara's Combiner Wars/Unite Warrior mold
>>
>>93532878
Naw looknat grooves chest and legs its his legends toy
>>
File: Based on Groove.png (2MB, 1474x944px) Image search: [Google]
Based on Groove.png
2MB, 1474x944px
>>93533151
>its his legends toy
CW Groove has white kneecaps, silver thighs, and orange/gold only in the center of the chest, black trapezius and wheels on the inner shin/leg

IDW Groove is blatantly Warriors Unite Groove based: wheels on the outer shins, orange/gold on the outer pecs with golden/orange hips, black knee caps, white arms & white trapezius
>>
>>93528350
Pipes, Ambulon, Trailcutter, Skids, Ravage, the entire DJD.

>>93531998
Oh you're just evil.
>>
Is it bad I got into this series because the bots just look too damn cute? I wish there were more cases of Autobots and Decepticons just chilling out together after the war.
>>
File: WFC Barricade CHUG.png (1MB, 1504x762px) Image search: [Google]
WFC Barricade CHUG.png
1MB, 1504x762px
>>93533904
Good Guy Swindle were great times. He just kept his head down and wanted to make some shanix.
Same with Dirge, probably one of the few timelines where he outlived the other coneheads.

>>93528367
>Barricade
Favorite con in War for Cybertron. Was overjoyed that he was a by the books con wanting equality in IDW. So many feels when they axed him.
>>
>>93509371
So we are left only with Cy?
>>
>>93534403
Its CyWhirl now apparently.
>>
>>93534177
Least he went out in a good cause.
>>
>>93533904
Goddamit, I miss Sarah Stone.
>>
>>93534930
She's not back in TF, but she is working again.
>>
File: 1478609585099.jpg (142KB, 660x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1478609585099.jpg
142KB, 660x1210px
>>
>>93535610
Thanks for the good news! Love her style.
>>
>>93536129
Working on a bloodborne comic at the moment.
>>
>>93536285
You had my interest, but now you have my undivided attention.
>>
>>93534580
I just realised one thing.
If there would be again crossover between tf and marvel characters.
And whirl would go out with deadpool.
Would it be called whirlpool?
>>
>>93536412
>Would it be called whirlpool?
Yep, and there's already a small following and fanart of the two.
>>
>>93536402
Here ya go. All over her Tumblr right now.
http://monsterboysandrobots.com
>>
File: 1469838900716.png (1MB, 1258x831px) Image search: [Google]
1469838900716.png
1MB, 1258x831px
Which girl is best, /co/?
>>
File: Nautica-mtmte-32-altmode.jpg (173KB, 924x732px) Image search: [Google]
Nautica-mtmte-32-altmode.jpg
173KB, 924x732px
>>93536632
I like Nautica. We don't have nearly enough submarines.
>>
File: chu~.jpg (421KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
chu~.jpg
421KB, 960x1280px
>>93536632
Obviously Shockwave
>>
File: 1474083316400.jpg (100KB, 352x585px) Image search: [Google]
1474083316400.jpg
100KB, 352x585px
>>93536748
>>
File: 1496180002327.gif (768KB, 320x146px) Image search: [Google]
1496180002327.gif
768KB, 320x146px
>>
File: wall of shame.png (801KB, 904x573px) Image search: [Google]
wall of shame.png
801KB, 904x573px
>>93536792
>>
File: CuD2dJIWEAANTDs.jpg small.jpg (20KB, 680x344px) Image search: [Google]
CuD2dJIWEAANTDs.jpg small.jpg
20KB, 680x344px
>>93536748
Why would we need more submarines? Isn't the Deception leader being one good enough?
>>
>>93536853
It would be if Megatron hadn't escaped into an alternate reality never to return to continuity again.
>>
File: 1479218041943.png (1MB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
1479218041943.png
1MB, 1200x795px
>>
File: 1389737505292.gif (527KB, 500x924px) Image search: [Google]
1389737505292.gif
527KB, 500x924px
>>93536779
Seconding this, Shockwave will always be best girl.
>>
File: 1387132545402.jpg (115KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
1387132545402.jpg
115KB, 500x483px
>>
File: 1362334969852.jpg (193KB, 825x783px) Image search: [Google]
1362334969852.jpg
193KB, 825x783px
>>93536981
all Shockwaves are best girl anon
>>
File: tumblr_n8avcg9krY1r785txo3_500.gif (73KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8avcg9krY1r785txo3_500.gif
73KB, 495x495px
>>
File: 1493796837611.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493796837611.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>93536981
>those humongulogongas
>>
File: Shockers.png (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shockers.png
167KB, 600x600px
We need more cute Shockwave.
>>
>>93537054
It's alot to handle.
>>
File: Whirl avatar.jpg (160KB, 803x744px) Image search: [Google]
Whirl avatar.jpg
160KB, 803x744px
>>93536632
Hard call between Nautica and Windblade.

Arcee is easily worst girl, though. If I want crazy Autobots I'll take Whirl over her any day. Hell he's even a better girl
>>
File: 1498592004047.png (20KB, 627x652px) Image search: [Google]
1498592004047.png
20KB, 627x652px
>>
>>93537094
He definitely has the biggest rack.
>>
File: lesbian caligula.jpg (127KB, 458x328px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian caligula.jpg
127KB, 458x328px
>>93537094
Always reminds me of this.
>>
File: 1494181055120.png (2MB, 1010x1614px) Image search: [Google]
1494181055120.png
2MB, 1010x1614px
>>
So is the device on Soundwave's shoulder a cannon or something else?
>>
>>93538339
Its a spaghetti maker
>>
>>93538374
No, it's a pepper grinder.
>>
>>93538583
you can't get pepper that big you fool. Spaghetti on the other hand, its size is limitless
>>
File: 1403742743355.jpg (351KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403742743355.jpg
351KB, 450x600px
>>93536906
Needs more WindbladexChromia
>>
>>93528350
>>93531981
>Flywheels

Came here to post this.
In the initial Scavengers arc, he was actually the one who made me smile the most, and I wanted to see more of him.

The Reflectors also. Ever since 1984 I've wanted to see those three do something noteworthy and actually get a spotlight. They didn't deserve to be fodder for Wheelie of all people.

and Hellbat. You killed Hellbat like a month or two before introducing Deathsaurus and the Breastforce. wtf were you thinking?

and lastly, Dai Atlas
>>
>>93528350
Razorclaw/Predaking
>>
>>93528350
I can't remember his name, but every time I see the blue spot on the bottom of my boot, I think of him.
>>
File: DDhmkDTXoAE5V8t.jpg (196KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhmkDTXoAE5V8t.jpg
196KB, 621x960px
Optimus Prime #8 Preview:
>>
File: DDhmlE2XYAEsdSK.jpg (181KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhmlE2XYAEsdSK.jpg
181KB, 621x960px
>>
File: DDhmmJoXgAA-r6p.jpg (176KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhmmJoXgAA-r6p.jpg
176KB, 621x960px
>>
File: DDhm03hW0AQZPhE.jpg (204KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhm03hW0AQZPhE.jpg
204KB, 621x960px
G.I. Joe #7 Preview:
>>
File: DDhm194WAAQ_sP1.jpg (213KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhm194WAAQ_sP1.jpg
213KB, 621x960px
>>
File: DDhm3VgXgAAM0Oj.jpg (186KB, 621x960px) Image search: [Google]
DDhm3VgXgAAM0Oj.jpg
186KB, 621x960px
>>
>>93528350

Ravage. Fucking Ravage.

I really enjoy MTMTE, but Ravage's death had nothing to do with Ravage and everything to do with Megatron. Everything with Ravage on the LL was about Megatron and not Ravage.

Yes I'm mad. Ravage is my favorite character.
>>
>>93540905
>Ravage, Skids and Trailbreaker all being casualties of an arc that showed promise but but fizzled out and gave us fucking nothing.

You know, even the most heartbreaking deaths in season 1 didn't leave me butthurt, but this season has just been bullshit with it
>>
>>93540462
Fuck you Overlord.
>>
>>93540988

Trailbreaker kinda bothered me, but at least he had something of a story and arc.

Same with Skids. I think I don't mind Skids too much. But combining him with Trailbreaker, Ravage, and Dominus Ambus was too much death.
>>
>>93541117
Oh, I forgot about Dominus. I don't so much carethat he died since he was basically a non-character in and of himself, but they way they resolved the "search" for him, considering his relationship to other characters, just felt lacking. Like, the whole thing was JUST to reaffirm that Rewind loves CD?
>>
>>93540988
>>Ravage, Skids and Trailbreaker all being casualties of an arc that showed promise but but fizzled out and gave us fucking nothing.
Even though the DJD caused the above deaths they ultimately died for the same stupid as fuck arc.
>>
>>93542183
Dying of the Light felt like a systematic attack on the plot points and characters that made me like MTMTE while pushing more and more of what I didn't like to the forefront.
>>
>>93540559
This feels familiar, only the liquid drains in the correct direction this time.
>>
>>93540496
>>93540532

Sounds like Marissa's a shoe-in for ambassador for Cybertron.

>>93540588

He was going to say it!

>>93540630

Love the almost rocket punch. Just needs to fly off and reattach!
>>
File: who cares.jpg (55KB, 613x178px) Image search: [Google]
who cares.jpg
55KB, 613x178px
>>93540905
I'm mad that Soundwave won't get any development out of the death of one of his most loyal cassettes. Like, what's he got now? Fucking Rumble and Frenzy? Statlerbeak and Wooldorfbeak?
>>
>>93540905
The worst part was that the death was used to make Megatron freak out and seemingly go back to being "evil".

...which only lasted half a page until Terminus showed up. He killed an interesting character for 2 pages of self-resolving drama.
>>
>>93542685
>>93542843

YESSSSSSSS! THIS IS WHY I'M SO ANGRY

Exactly.
>>
>>93542261
Glad I'm not the only one. It ruined pretty much every reason I was following the book, nice job JRo.
>>
File: TF_IDWcollection_01.jpg (368KB, 1018x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TF_IDWcollection_01.jpg
368KB, 1018x1600px
Are these comics worth reading? Saw The Last Knight and it was garbage. Want to cleanse myself with some actual quality Transformers media. Should I just start with Vol 1?
>>
>>93543142
That's not a bad place to start. The first 20 or so issues from that point onward are probably my personal favorite part of IDW.
>>
>>93543142

Overall IDW G1 is a very good series. It is "adult" in many ways, from robotic hyperviolence to some vague sense of moral greyness, while still sticking to "ultimately, Autobots are good and Decepticons are bad". If you love continuity and all the hints and teasers at long-running arcs, you will like this.

However, like all media it isn't perfect. Some transformers live when "logically" they would have died, many transformers die senseless deaths (which may be good or bad depending on your tastes and opinion on said bots), others are written out, a few can be obnoxious or very hateable, some are shilled, and others disappear for a long long while.

There is focus on human sidekicks for the first few arcs (not sure how far it extends), but they don't feel too annoying because the sidekicks are adults and not children, and more or less know they shouldn't get involved in fights.

Some plotlines come out of nowhere, there are some illogical developments, and forced conflict in a few ways.

Also the reading order is a goddamn pain, but if you just read the volumes it should be fine. Don't worry if you have to look stuff up on the wiki, it can help refresh your memory.
>>
File: cosmos idw.jpg (962KB, 710x1091px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos idw.jpg
962KB, 710x1091px
>>93544250
I mostly agree with this assessment.

Eventually you get to the point where you have the transformers in space and the transformers on earth. The latter are getting increasingly wrapped up in Hasbro's new shared universe thing, but it's not so bad. Best boys to watch out for in that line are Thundercracker and Cosmos, the latter is a little less prevalent but he's a dear.
>>
>>93528050
I don't think Alex should be apologizing for anything. He should've been the person starting out LL, though. I miss his art on it.
>>
Iv never read any Transformers comics, but I'v been a fan for as long as I can remember, and as with Marvel and DC. I have no Idea where to start when it comes to TF comics.
Any chance somebody can point me in the right direction?
>>
>>93542685
>Like, what's he got now?
>proceeds to list all of the rest of his usual cassettes who are also forever loyal to him
>>
>>93543142

Yeah, I would definitely recommend The IDW Collections if you want to support the comic. Get'em off Amazon or something, they're cheap there for big-ass hardcover books. I own 6 volumes myself, going to get more of'em pretty soon. The IDW continuity itself is basically "modernized G1 for grownups". Only real downsides is they're REALLY fucking cheap with the deaths, 'bots die all the fucking time and most of them stay dead. So that tends to lose it's impact pretty fast as another few pages flow by and another 5-10 guys end up dead.
>>
>>93545292

The IDW Collection vol. 1. Or if you don't want to buy shit, someone has been storytiming ALL of the IDW TF stuff from the beginning, so check the archive for /co/.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1020x2292px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1020x2292px
>>93542685
>>93542913

>>93542843
it wasn't going back to being "evil", it was going back to being VIOLENT. you can be violent and still good.
>>
>>93528050
>>93544961
Alex did nothing wrong. He WANTED to do Lost Light. Someone at IDW decided it was time for some new art for some reason (probably the same people who think having your toy-tie in event and all-Hasbro event overlap is a good idea).
>>
>>93545627
Yeah, that's a better way to phrase it. I put evil in quotes because I knew it wasn't the right word. Either way, Terminus calmed him down within seconds of Ravage dying.
>>
>>93545819
also, you know, ravage's killer was dead
>>
>>93545797
i still want to know who put ramondelli on combiner wars and him and rojo on dark cybertron

of all the books, wouldn't you want your toy tie-in event to have the best art, not the worst?
>>
>>93540532
Marissa confirmed for Ambassador

>>93540559
Yay he's awake!

>>93540630
>>93540665
Skywarp is tsundere

>>93542581
He says it in Wrath of Karza #1 before he powers off.
>>
>>93536632
Nautica, definitely Nautica

>>93537094
Worst girl is Pyra Magna for going all Starscream on Optimus and trying to get Marissa in on whatever bad shit that she's planning.
>>
The Transformers - Lost Light 007 (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-Phantasm)
http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/7g3BGoXv/file.html
>>
>>93545867
You'd think, but I think the problem is that they had to be ready much earlier than normal to be packed in with toys. Which means that they had to be drawn while the regular series was going.

Although that doesn't explain why they keep bringing them back for other things...
>>
>>93545460
Does nothing before IDW took over matter?
>>
File: DropTheMostFIREAlbumOfAllTime.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
DropTheMostFIREAlbumOfAllTime.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93546365

Well, they didn't "take over", so much as the older stuff is just...Old. And it was definitely more toy focused back then for a longer time. The Marvel comics have hideous art and colors compared to todays comics, and the stories are...Alright. Some good, some bad.

The IDW stuff is a much more current take on everything, and while it's still....Toyetic? Might be the word here, it's nowhere near as hard on shilling toys. It's also definitely intended for an older audience. If you want a taste of the 80's comics, just go read the recent TF/GI Joe story by uh...Tom Scioli, was it? It's an excellent, 80's-esque comic filled with all kinds of trippy, goofy shit. Pic related.
>>
>>93546365
Marvel, Dreamwave, and IDW do not connect. So all of IDW's stuff does not require reading stuff from previous publishers.

However, to be fair, the Volume 1 posted in >>93543142 is Volume 1 of "Phase 2" of IDW. There are 9 or so hardcover volumes before that. Phase 1 has it's highs and some very deep lows, but I personally went back to it after having started with Phase 2 personally. You can start in at Phase 2 without too much trouble. There was a huge event before it, and the war ended. Phase 2 picks up fresh and introduces 90% of what you need to know.
>>
>>93546449
>Marvel, Dreamwave, and IDW do not connect.
Incorrect, IDW's Regeneration One is an alternate ending to Marvel's US Transformers run.
>>
>>93546515
Okay, that's true. I was only thinking of the "main" IDW continuity.
>>
>>93546542
Also technically Regeneration One connected with anything that had a Hot Rod in it.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.