[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity Falls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 18

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
Why is Mabel such a bitch to Dipper?

It seems like he always has to sacrifice something for her own immediate happiness, and she gleefully takes advantage of his kindness without feeling guilt.
>>
>>93503535
That reason.
>>
>>93503535
Bad writing.
>>
>>93503535
>gleefully

You know, maybe Mabel and Gideon would've been alright together after all
>>
>>93503535
The show ended 2 years ago. Move on. Watch something else
>>
>>93503535
because they both know Dipper masturbates using Mabel's panties and that about balances things out
>>
>>93504285
Goddamnit I just finished it today.
>>
>>93503535
It's a direct resemblance with the Stans
>>
>>93503535
She just was
>>
>>93504285
I for one can't really, because it's literally the only watchable cartoon of this decade.
>>
>>93504046
Even Gideon deserves better than that

Unlike Mabel he actually changed for the better
>>
>>93503535
>>93503577
>>93503690
>>93504881
She really, really isn't. She's scatterbrained at times but ALWAYS comes through when help is needed. It's just that Dipper happens to be in the wrong too many times, mostly because he (and apparently much of the audience) thinks his crush on Wendy is of actual importance.

Well, that and the fact that many places like /co/ can't stand a girl getting exactly what she wants in the end, even though Dipper was the one who explicitly stated that applied to him. I can actually sympathize with this to some extent, but /co/ takes it way too far and shits on a great character.
>>
>>93506675
Kek

Really? Because out of the two, Mabel is the one with hundreds of crushes that she thinks are of actual importance.

If anything, you seem to be projecting here.
>>
>>93506675
lel
>>
>>93506810
But the plot usually doesn't have her force DIpper to sacrifice for her crushes, other than in Sock Opera where she realized her mistake and fixed it. It's usually something much more important, like saving a helpless animal that would become her friend for years to come, or finally reuniting Mermando with his family.

This is what too many people don't get about her supposed "selfishness".
>>
>>93504285
>The show ended 2 years ago. Move on. Watch something else
Tell that to the EE&E, Arthur, and Spongebob posters or shut the hell up
>>
>>93506963
Here's the thing though with Mermando tho, Mabel could have told Dipper she needed help getting him out of the pool, he could have assisted with the rescue in a far cleaner fashion that would have saved him the job and the gross makeout session. Even if he didn't sacrifice the job for Mabel he still fucking lost it cuz she busted down a fence and stole and damaged the pools property. Pool owner tension aside, dipper had a lot of fun hanging out with Wendy on that job and he had to give it up whether he wanted to or not.

Mabel was selfish in this scenario not for wanting to rescue Mermando, but for wanting to be THE ONE to rescue him.
>>
>>93507782
First of all, Dipper would have lost the job regardless thanks to all the other break-ins. Second, it turned out to be a good thing after all. Third, and most importantly, what you're actually saying here is that she didn't think it through well, and even Dipper calls her out on that - the show knows it perfectly well. But how is that selfishness? (Not to mention that Dipper himself didn't think of the obvious solution of putting Mermando in the lake at the end, they're both rash at times.)
>Mabel was selfish in this scenario not for wanting to rescue Mermando, but for wanting to be THE ONE to rescue him.
I'm sorry, what? This literally makes no sense given the context.
>>
>>93507141
Those are classics, though. A show that ended 2 years ago isn't.
>>
Alex had a somewhat interesting show, and instead of taking it at the pace originally planned he made some bad rewrites and careened the quality off a cliff.

Mabel became needier and shittier as a result.
>>
>>93507948
Peddling the standard /co/ narrative doesn't make it any more true. Think for yourself, anon.
Also, the "original plan" was for ONE season.
>>
>>93504285
>2 years ago
The show ended in 2016, it's currently 2017. Fucking hell, do you not know math?

>Move on
If I haven't moved on from Invader Zim yet, I probably won't move on from this anytime soon.
>>
>>93507999
So the quality dip issues are just a result of him going to shit then?
>>
This show and Samurai Jack suffer from the same problems. Poor pacing and a rushed finale.

Samurai Jack's finale was worse than Gravity Falls, but both are still on the spectrum of shit.
If both creators had taken advantage of more Episodes, it could've been a whole lot better.
>>
File: 1482630307518.jpg (514KB, 868x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482630307518.jpg
514KB, 868x1080px
>that time anons admitted to not watching GF and spouting the same criticisms others had because they sounded right
really fires up the neurons
>>
>>93503535
Because Dipper can't have anything.

>>93504285
Its only been a year, and at some point they said they were going to release comics.
>>
>>93507904
iirc, it was mostly the destruction & loss of pool property that the guy seemed to be mad at in the end (why he went after Soos, who was taking shit; rather than Stan, who was just lying down on a chair)

and Mabel was selfish because she didn't care about what she was doing negatively affecting others. Dipper let her know full & well that doing that shit would cost him his job

& comparing her spending hours planning out how she's sneaking someone from a pool to the lake vs a life & death situation is retarded
>>
>>93507904
>I'm sorry, what? This literally makes no sense given the context.
Buddy boy there's a big difference in wanting to help somebody out of the good of your heart and wanting to help them for your own benefit of being the person who helps them.

A good example of this is in Transformers Prime where Starscream goes to rescue Megatron from a collapsed mine, he fucking hates Megatron at this point and would rather see him die but does it because he wants to get back in favor nor wants anyone else to get the credit for the rescue.

In this case Mabel wanted Mermando to be forever grateful to her thus fall in love get married have fish babies w/e, he didn't want and that's why she didn't include Dipper into the plan, it would mean Mermando's thanks would be shared between her and Dipper. And I don't think for one second that it wasn't because she didn't think her plan through, we all saw Sock Opera, when she wants a boy she plans it like its a fucking episode of Death Note.
>>
>>93508051
iirc, Genndy didn't have a choice. they'd only bring Jack back as a 10 episode mini-series, so he only has 10 episodes to do everything
all in all, it turned out better than I expected

Hirsch, on the other hand, turned down having more seasons & episodes to actually pace his shit out better
>>
>>93508019
There are NO quality dip issues. Seriously, go rewatch the last few minutes of the finale and try to tell me you didn't actually tear up just a bit.
>>
>>93508377
Link!? I *have* to see this.
>>
File: a request fufilled by -b-.png (138KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
a request fufilled by -b-.png
138KB, 800x800px
>>93503535
who bought journal 3 here?
who bought the special edition of journal 3 with actual blick light pages here?
i did both. i wanted to make up for my sins of pirating the show. still waiting on a bluray release, but last i checked, disney doesnt want to
>>
File: WTDnnwE.gif (129KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
WTDnnwE.gif
129KB, 300x232px
>>
>>93508051
>>93508997
Hirsch burned himself out during the first season. But then he felt terrible when people told him how much they liked the show and decided not to end it on a cliffhanger, but do 10 additional episodes. It was actually Disney that forced him to do 20, which later became 21 (plus some additional runtime, particularly in ATOTS).

Basically, the guy all but pushed himself to the breaking point to create the show he had envisioned, and you hate him for not going further.
>>
>>93508599
>Because Dipper can't have anything.
So was it Mabel who said this?
>You know, on my first day here, if you had asked me what I wanted, I would have said, "adventure, mystery, true friends." But looking here at all of you I realize that every wish came true. I have everything I wanted.
>>
>>93509975
>Hirsch burned himself out during the first season
how?

why do studios always pick mid-twenty people that are overwhelmed with having their own show to make a good one?
>>
I only watched the first season before losing interest and I still thought Mabel was a load. The problem is repetition. Any one episode where Dipper has to sacrifice or bust his hump for Mabel is just about how important his bond with his sister is. Four or five or the same (out of 20!) tells a story of a boy who's constantly putting himself out for a sister who never manages to give anything back and rarely even tries.

>>93509664
>i wanted to make up for my sins of pirating the show.
getaloadofthisfaggot.psd

>>93509975
>Basically, the guy all but pushed himself to the breaking point to create the show he had envisioned, and you hate him for not going further.
Time/effort management is part of life. Maybe if he had effectively run a team instead of trying to do everything himself he wouldn't have burned out and could have done two or three seasons like, you know, a professional show-runner.
>>
>>93510082
>how?
He took on way too much work. Yeah, it was a mistake, but it was one of the better ones he could have made, so to speak.
>why do studios always pick mid-twenty people that are overwhelmed with having their own show to make a good one?
What are you on about? He's the ONLY creator in the modern cartoon industry to have a cohesive vision for his show, as opposed to "let's do lolsorandom shit for many episodes and throw in utterly random lore hints that hopefully won't contradict each other later on". Him basing the characterization on his real life experiences (particularly in the case of Dipper and Mabel) made the characters feel that much very real as well, probably the only modern cartoon that managed to do that. Bottom line, nobody else could have made it, so the choice was between him making a brilliant show that was slightly shorter than some 4chan autists would have liked to see, or the show not existing at all and the modern cartoon industry continuing to be an utter wasteland. Your pick.
>>
>>93508920
>iirc, it was mostly the destruction & loss of pool property that the guy seemed to be mad at in the end (why he went after Soos, who was taking shit; rather than Stan, who was just lying down on a chair)
Stan was the one who broke the fence, you idiot.
>and Mabel was selfish because she didn't care about what she was doing negatively affecting others. Dipper let her know full & well that doing that shit would cost him his job
Which was irrelevant. She did the right thing. If it meant him losing his job there, so be it.
>& comparing her spending hours planning out how she's sneaking someone from a pool to the lake vs a life & death situation is retarded
Mabel has much less of an excuse than Dipper, you're right about that. But it's still not anything remotely approaching selfishness.
>>
>>93510237
Go beck to bed, Hirsch. The show doesn't hang together that well.

>the ONLY creator in the modern cartoon industry to have a cohesive vision for his show
McCracken wanted to do leepest dore with Wonder Over Yonder but Disney wouldn't let him until they had already decided to can it.
>>
>>93508958
>Buddy boy there's a big difference in wanting to help somebody out of the good of your heart and wanting to help them for your own benefit of being the person who helps them.
Not unless you're a judgemental prick.
>A good example of this is in Transformers Prime where Starscream goes to rescue Megatron from a collapsed mine, he fucking hates Megatron at this point and would rather see him die but does it because he wants to get back in favor nor wants anyone else to get the credit for the rescue.
I'd say "thanks for the spoilers" but I'm not gonna watch a glorified toy commercial anyway. But still, fuck you though.
>In this case Mabel wanted Mermando to be forever grateful to her thus fall in love get married have fish babies w/e, he didn't want and that's why she didn't include Dipper into the plan, it would mean Mermando's thanks would be shared between her and Dipper. And I don't think for one second that it wasn't because she didn't think her plan through, we all saw Sock Opera, when she wants a boy she plans it like its a fucking episode of Death Note.
There was literally no indication of this in the show. This is your headcanon only. And thinking a plan through doesn't mean not making any mistakes, you idiot.
>>
>>93510120
>I only watched the first season before losing interest and I still thought Mabel was a load. The problem is repetition. Any one episode where Dipper has to sacrifice or bust his hump for Mabel is just about how important his bond with his sister is. Four or five or the same (out of 20!) tells a story of a boy who's constantly putting himself out for a sister who never manages to give anything back and rarely even tries.
I don't even know what to say to this, anon. The only times Mabel is actually in the wrong (even though it's completely understandable) are in the second season. Hating her in the first season means you're utterly retarded.

>Time/effort management is part of life. Maybe if he had effectively run a team instead of trying to do everything himself he wouldn't have burned out and could have done two or three seasons like, you know, a professional show-runner.
I agree, but again:
>Yeah, it was a mistake, but it was one of the better ones he could have made, so to speak.
And it doesn't detract from the brilliance of the show.
>>
>>93510357
>McCracken wanted to do leepest dore with Wonder Over Yonder but Disney wouldn't let him until they had already decided to can it.
The first season of WOY is utter trash, though, which I somehow don't think is Disney's fault. By the second season it was too late to fix it.

Gravity Falls was amazing from the very first episode.
>>
>>93510589
>The first season of WOY is utter trash
>funny loony tunes style slapstick and whimsy
>bold use of shape and color
>trash
>>
>>93510683
Only Looney Tunes can do Looney Tunes well, I'm afraid. And "bold use of shape and color" isn't exactly rare amongst modern cartoons.
>>
I think their relationship was sweet in a way. Despite Dipper's awkwardness and know-it-all attitude, the way he sacrifices his own happiness for his sister subtly shows he's actually a really good person inside. Also Mabel might've realized how much she actually relies on Dipper in the end when she doesn't want him to leave her.
>>
>>93510748
He never sacrifices his own happiness for her. Wendy simply never liked him that way, period. And he himself says this in the finale:
>You know, on my first day here, if you had asked me what I wanted, I would have said, "adventure, mystery, true friends." But looking here at all of you I realize that every wish came true. I have everything I wanted.
>>
File: IMG_2611.jpg (53KB, 425x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2611.jpg
53KB, 425x330px
>>93510589
>The first season of WOY is utter trash,
Holy shit Taste Batman!
>>
>>93510589

>The first season of WOY is utter trash

Is it even legal to have taste this shit?
>>
>>93506675
Still at it, huh?
>>
>>93511229
Yes, I continue to defend what is obviously the greatest cartoon of all time against /co/'s idiocy.
>>
>>93510812
I don't understand this attitude. It's true that Dipper never had a chance to...what? Kiss her, fuck her, whatever, but that doesn't mean him acting based on his feelings for her is a waste of time.

I'm sorry Lauren married someone else, Alex
>>
I honestly would've forgiven all of Mabel's bullshit throughout the series if there was just a scene or two in the finale that showed that she realized that she hadn't been the best sister and that she was going to try to be a better one from now on.
>>
>>93511310
I didn't say it was a waste of time, necessarily. It did help Dipper mature after all, and led to him becoming a ladies' man in Roadside Attraction.
>>
>>93511340
Now this, this is a valid criticism. That would have been a great scene.
>>
>>93511341
>led to him becoming a ladies' man in Roadside Attraction.
Too bad Hirsch is a numale and punished him for it.
>>
>>93503535
Fear of growing up, being her main fear. she didn't get really bad until after Not What He Seems where her worst qualities and flaws start to come out. Then again the quality of the show really dipped after that episode.

In the Time Travel Pig episode, Mabel made up to Dipper by getting Waddles to humiliate Robbie as a sign of thank you for Dipper who was being just a selfish and desperate for Wendy's affection, even if she is way out of his league, and in Sock Opera where Mabel realizes on how selfish she's been.
>>
>>93511377
Not really:
>You know, even if your dating tips were bad, I actually haven't thought about Wendy all day. Plus, you did teach me to be more confident. I guess I just need to learn to use that power for good.
>>
>>93511388
>she didn't get really bad until after Not What He Seems where her worst qualities and flaws start to come out. Then again the quality of the show really dipped after that episode.
You keep telling yourself all that.
>>
>>93511563
>I guess I just need to learn to use that power for good.
>flirting with girls
>evil
??

?????
>>
>>93511340
The way I fix both Mabel and Dipper is by having both of them being trapped in their dream paradise bubble.
>Mabel's dream bubble is the same. Dipper's dream bubble shows up with everything he wanted, Wendy's love, Ford's respect, and all his friends being as equal of intelligent to him, and Dream Mabel is shown to basically a female version of him who agrees with everything he says.
>Dipper knows that this isn't real life, but refuses to leave after realizing that he has lost and that living in his paradise is the only thing he can do.
>Dipper starts to get the courage to break out of his illusion, but Bill, who takes notice decided to get rid of the both of them once and for all, worried that they might both breakout and stop his rampage. So he merges the two bubbles.
>The two are confused, then furious at each other after seeing what the both of them replaced with their idealized twin (Dipper-Mabel and Dippy Fresh). They two have a massive fight with Soos and Wendy (who came to save them) trying to calm the both of them down.
>Dipper and Mabel's fused world fall into chaos and war between the two siblings. It wasn't still Grunkle Stan using a sloppy repaired version of his hot-air balloon to snap the two out of their fighting. Something that Bill didn't see coming. Stan makes them remember the times they helped each other out and sacrificed their own gain for their twin (Dipper saving Waddles for Wendy's affection, Mabel saving Dipper's body and memories from their childhood).
>They finally break down, blaming each other for Gravity Falls going to crap, Mabel admits she is scared of growing up and alone, Dipper admits he is equally scared and just took Ford's offer so that he doesn't have to deal with real life, revealing that he's jealous of Mabel ability to make friends and Mabel revealing that she is jealous of Dipper's smarts and maturity. They hug, apologize and escape with everyone in tow.
>>
>>93511698
If you don't realize how terrible playing with someone's emotions like that is, you must be too ugly to have even been a girl's orbiter.
>>
File: 1475516722584.jpg (13KB, 473x356px) Image search: [Google]
1475516722584.jpg
13KB, 473x356px
>>93511815
>flirting and asking for numbers is manipulating emotions
>>
File: Oil_Painting_Puritan.jpg (451KB, 1368x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Oil_Painting_Puritan.jpg
451KB, 1368x1824px
>>93511815
Amen, brother.
>>
>>93511842
Flirting with no intention of actually getting into a relationship is. Especially when done to multiple people at once as some sort of really sick game.
>>
>>93511731
At the least better than what we got. It has a real tension-and-release rhythm.
>>
>>93511910
Even conservatives would agree with this. It's not healthy for a society to have only short-term relationships without commitment. Only long-term relationships allow the formation of a family unit and a healthy environment for a child.
>>
>>93512004
>flirting a little
>only short-term relationships without commitment
I'm really not following!
>>
>>93512004
Dude are you an amish or something?
>>
>>93503535
Mabel isn't mean to Dipper, the writers are. I watched this show only recently, and I couldn't believe how accurate /co/ was about it. The show follows the pattern of "fuck Dipper, Mabel always wins". I actually liked Mabel as a character otherwise.
>>
Dipper self-inserterfags wanted to fantasize about dropping out of school and going on boat trips with their reclusive gay uncle, and Mabel snapped them out of that reality.
>>
>>93511910
It wasn't "vaguely" sexual, it was explicitly sexual.
And nowhere did I mention a "long-term" relationship, only a relationship in general.
>>
>>93512383
>Askinf for a phone number
>"explicitly sexual"
>>
>>93512447
Is there supposed to be point to this post? Yes, asking for a phone number is explicitly sexual in that type of context...
>>
>>93512635
So, all kids who exchange phone numbers do it explicitly for sexual reasons?
>>
>>93512715
>in that type of context
Dude, learn to fucking read.
>>
>>93511815
They met at tourist traps, literally on the road, what do they, what do YOU expect Dipper to do after exchanging numbers, follow them to wherever they come from?
>>
>>93503535
.t single child op
>>
File: 1449697394411.jpg (416KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449697394411.jpg
416KB, 1350x900px
>>93510589
>Argues with everyone in this thread about GFs greatness, even on points that are proven to be shit
>Shit talks WoY
You're a rather pathetic one, aren't (you).
>>
>>93513011
>proven
You keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>93512780
No, you idiot, contact the first girl he likes instead of immediately tossing her aside like a piece of meat and jumping to the next one.
>>
File: 1498673654882.png (3MB, 3307x2126px) Image search: [Google]
1498673654882.png
3MB, 3307x2126px
>>93510374
>I'd say "thanks for the spoilers" but I'm not gonna watch a glorified toy commercial anyway. But still, fuck you though.
>spoilers
YES YESSS GET ANGRY OVER GARBAGE THAT AIRED 6 YEARS AGOOOOOO
>>
>>93503535
Because she's based off of Alex's sister and he's never going to make his sister look bad. Unfortunately, Mabel is still her own character so we can only judge her as such
>>
>>93513371
>Because she's based off of Alex's sister and he's never going to make his sister look bad.
But nearly all of /co/ seems to think he did just that...
>>
>>93513532
Eh, I don't really agree. It's clearly stated that she was in the wrong on numerous occasions, with her mostly accepting that.

/co/ just hates her too much to notice that fact.
>>
>>93503535
Well she's just a kid.
>>
>>93510843
that's not even a robin you dumbass
>>
>>93514712
She's the exact same age as Dipper, and she herself claims that girls mature faster.
>>
>>93508644
Pinecest ftw!
>>
>>93512447
>phone number
Not even, email addresses.

>>93512635
>explicitly sexual
Not if you're 12
>>
>>93515845
>Not even, email addresses.
You didn't pay much attention to the episode, did you? That sure explains a lot...
>Not if you're 12
Sorry to break it to you, but 12-year-olds aren't only into Pokémon and Pop-Tarts.
>>
>>93503535
Dipper is better person than Mabel, that's why
>>
Pacifica > Every other character > Mabel
>>
>>93516539
Mabel > Every Other Character > Getting AIDS > Pacifica
>>
File: alien.png (2MB, 842x645px) Image search: [Google]
alien.png
2MB, 842x645px
>>93509664
I bought journal 3, the regular version
And I want to buy the special edition
>>
>>93516639
Literally the spongebob meme without posting it
Try again
>>
>>93516643
the special is like 3 times thicker and is hardback. no sleve/poster like the regular. all the things in the regular one that look like taped down pieces of paper or photos are actually taped down pieces of paper or photos, not a printing. i havent gone throught hte whole thing yet, but it extends well past the regular version and has more stuff from dipper and mabel. like i said earlier, actual black light pages, but those i found werent really hidden and the words are bumped up, meaning you might be able to read it without a black light.
>>
>>93516731
Wow, I will have to save money to buy it
It will cost me more, I live in México
>>
>>93516880
it was 150 in us. im sure for you it will be outrageous. i wish you luck. there are only 10,000 out there and in the forward alex hirsh says he has like 70 of them.

also, it comes with a magnifying glass and the pages are designed to be tattered on the edges. it feels nice.
>>
>>93516077
>Sorry to break it to you, but 12-year-olds aren't only into Pokémon and Pop-Tarts.
Sorry all the 12-year-olds you know are sluts, but Dipper isn't.
>>
>>93517417
His sister is though.
>>
>>93518263
There's a reason the unicorn kept rejecting her, and it wasn't what Hirsch wanted you to believe.
>>
>>93516539
Explain yourself damnit.
>>
>>93506471
You are so fucking easy to spot, I'm gonna start calling you GFanon.
>>
>>93518263
You're only bitter because you never got any.
>>
File: 1482647562317.jpg (761KB, 1510x988px) Image search: [Google]
1482647562317.jpg
761KB, 1510x988px
>>93517168
It's not like there's any worthwhile discussion going on here
>>
How did they get away with this scene?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1KNEnURPLCX
>>
>>93506675
it has nothing to do with dipper crush,mabel was kinda superficial and selfish at times,wich is not that bad itself sicne dipper was also kinda an asshole sometimes,but the things is dipper get to pay for his actions,mabel never got punished for being selfish,and thats kinda the thing,dipper got punished for his beheavior,learn from that and grow as a character,mabel not so much,also why the fuck can dipper just stay in gravity falls and live his god damn own life,damn that mabel almost destroy the world
>>
>>93503535
being dipper si sufering
>>
File: 1479442592053.jpg (22KB, 183x221px) Image search: [Google]
1479442592053.jpg
22KB, 183x221px
>>93508051
Jack's finale was nowhere near as bad. It had its problems, but it was still solid overall, and at least somewhat makes sense with the direction they were going in.

Weirdmaggedon relied entirely on asspulls and everyone acting like idiots to move the plot foward. Dipper's character development was the only one the mattered, while everyone else regressed back to their default personalities. Stan acting like a moron was almost painful to watch.
>>
File: IMG_2909.jpg (137KB, 521x1667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2909.jpg
137KB, 521x1667px
>>93518337
It's because she kept having impure thoughts about every boy she'd ever met especially Dipper.
>>
>>93521848
You're retarded.
That's all that is necessary to say in response to a post like that one.
>>
>>93520949
I make myself easy to spot when I want to, idiot. I'm not going to invent a new online personality to defend the same cartoon here.
>>
File: IMG_2637.jpg (47KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2637.jpg
47KB, 626x258px
>>93522108
>That's all that is necessary
That is a deflection, not an argument.
>>
I can imagine adult Mabel being unable to hold a job and being only able to get money from her abusive boyfriends. Adult Dipper becomes a lonely virgin lawyer who has to constantly support his sister and let her stay at his house.
>>
>>93522229
Literally everything in that post is wrong. And most of it isn't even original, it's exactly the same shit /co/ has been spewing since the show ended.
>>
>>93522290
>I can imagine adult Mabel being unable to hold a job
Someone didn't watch Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future...
>Adult Dipper becomes a lonely virgin
Someone didn't watch Roadside Attraction...
>>
Because Alex let all of his insecurities come out when making the show and might have some anger towards his sister for some reason.
That and he couldn't get over Lauren.
>>
I'm not really into seeing even characters that I don't particularly like suffering excessively, but I really do wish there had been more consequences for her actions. I mean, look at Stan:

>fucks up as a dumb teenager, pays for it for the next decade

>fucks up when Ford drags him into his whole mess, spends the next 30 years trying to fix his mistake

>fucks up again in Weirdmageddon when he won't hold Ford's hand, willingly sacrifices himself in what may be the most emotional/awesome moment in the series (for the 5 minutes it lasted)

Stan is an asshole and a screw-up, but it's so much easier to care about him even when he makes mistakes because he suffers for them.
>>
>>93522946
Except Mabel didn't fuck up anywhere near as much.
>>
>>93522992
maybe she didn`t fuckup so much,but still never got punished for her selfishness,also she almost destroy the wolrd but well she was tricked into that
>>
>>93522992
Well, no. But my point is seeing a character pay for their actions can actually help us connect with them, maybe even relate. It can be a good thing. It's not always necessarily "I want him/her to hurt for those mistakes".
>>
>>93522306
>Literally everything in that post is wrong
You have yet to disprove it
>And most of it isn't even original,
Complaints are not graded on originality. In fact, if a complaint has been repeated several times by multiple people that typically gives it more weight.
>>
>>93508997
Genndy orginally wanted to bring it back for a movie, didn't he?
>>
>>93523130
>You have yet to disprove it
That's not how burden of proof works, dumbass. But regardless, I have indeed disproven most of the points (those that aren't completely moronic).
>Complaints are not graded on originality.
They should be. If you can't complain in your own words, you're probably bandwagoning.
>In fact, if a complaint has been repeated several times by multiple people that typically gives it more weight.
But not in the case of this show, as /co/ seems to have an irrational hatred for it.
>>
>>93516731
Any scans of the special? I only have the regular version and I want to see the extra content.
>>
>>93522290
For some reason I like to think that Mabel and Edith the lunch lady from the Captain Underpants movie are the same person.
>>
File: apocalypse.jpg (35KB, 960x300px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
35KB, 960x300px
>>93522992
>>
>>93511290
Nah the show's good. You're just defending your waifu.
>>
>>93510237
I respect Hirsch unlike a lot of autists here, but that doesn't mean I agree with all his choices
>>
>>93503535
There is literally nothing wrong with a boy making the occasional sacrifice for the girl he loves.
>>
>>93521848
I argue that Jack's finale is actually worse because it's better plot-wise than Gravity Falls.

It's frustrating to see a good-on-paper finale get utterly wrecked with awful pacing.

Though, it's not without its asspulls, how did all of Jack's friends all come to save him in such a timely manner? Why was Ashi saved purely on the power of love? What was the point of Scotsman dying?
>>
>>93525594
What does have to do with anything?
>>
>>93525304
First off, she's just too young to be a waifu.

More importantly, it's not just Mabel that's hated.
>>
>>93525395
This. One can love a show and respect its creator, while also acknowledging its flaws.
>>
>>93525717
Anon, you have to take what's said on this board with a grain of salt. Does /co/ trash talk GF sometimes, just for the sake of it? Yes. As it does many other shows. Sometimes it's just /co/ being /co/. Don't take it so personally.
>>
>>93521739
lel, good work
I imagine that's silicon valley spliced in?
>>
>>93526017
Oh yeah, I'm sure the constant complaints about the finale that have nothing to do with Mabel are just trash talking, for example. Or the repeated statements about season 2B in general. Or the season 1 finale, or (failed) romance getting too much screentime, or the characterization of certain other characters, or...
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.