[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Ms. Marvel in the Avengers movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ms_marvel.jpg (257KB, 726x1101px) Image search: [Google]
ms_marvel.jpg
257KB, 726x1101px
It seems like they could use with a lot more diversification and female superheroes.

Ms. Marvel is quite literally one of the most popular female heroes out there right now. Adding her to the Avengers and then spinning her off into her own movie just makes sense.

Why haven't they done that yet?
>>
pls no
>>
>>93502925
Except adding her to the Avengers in comics so soon is what ruined her you goddamn retard
>>
>>93502925
>Ms. Marvel is quite literally one of the most popular female heroes out there right now
Haven't her sales tanked?
>>
>>93503226

You MotherFucker.
>>
>>93503226
Drop in 2000 issues from 17-18 so maybe.

I haven't read it since the first reboot because they ruined her character so fast around then.
>>
>>93503113
Fucking this. People liked Kamala when she was the street-level superhero who was just getting started, not when she was pushed to the moon as already being top-tier and getting crammed into team books and events instead of having her own storylines.

Look at how long it took Spider-Man to be considered an elite superhero in-universe. It should've been the same for Ms. Marvel.
>>
>>93503469

No time for that nowadays.
>>
>>93503343
Her book was still around that time. In other books she was in around that time her character wasn't be written good.
>>
>>93502925
>Ms. Marvel is quite literally one of the most popular female heroes out there right now.
She's barely selling above cancellation numbers.
>>
>>93503524
I think she should've been street level for longer too. But does anyone actually think she shouldn't have got to move beyond that for 20 or 30 years?

If by some circumstance 616 could exist similarly to how it did before whenever you decided to drop them but Spider-Man was only recently introduced would you be content with someone telling you straight out that your new favorite character shouldn't be allowed to move past street level for 2 or 3 decades?
>>
>>93502925
>Ms. Marvel is quite literally one of the most popular female heroes out there right now. Adding her to the Avengers and then spinning her off into her own movie just makes sense.

This is the mentality that lead to her getting put and every comic and then having her book destroyed by crossovers and tie-ins.

>>93503524
Now we have a character who was popular at one point but crashed and burned. If Marvel were smart she could still be a popular character.
>>
>>93505981
It's not time. It's what makes sense for her plot. None of her supporting cast fit in with the big egos and high filers at avengers tower. And she doesn't even have a signature villan yet. No, that blond hair neo facist becky doesn't count, at least not yet.

It works against her being a starry eyed fangirl to hit the big time so fast as well.
>>
>>93506079
Alright. That makes sense. I was thinking that people meant pay her dues time wise as opposed to letting her narrative naturally play into that sort of scenario whenever it feels right.
Thanks for the explanation, anon.
>>
>>93502925
Good luck selling Muslim superheroes to Asia, Russia and Eastern Europe.
>>
Because Marvel is taking their time. The Avengers films are getting increasingly cramp with how many characters are in play, and unless one franchise ends, it's unlikely Kamala will be squeezed in.
>>
File: 1447703960181.jpg (32KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
1447703960181.jpg
32KB, 550x633px
>>93502925
>>
>>93502925
She is too good for MCU.
>>
File: C2AtCcQUsAACkCr[1].jpg (226KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2AtCcQUsAACkCr[1].jpg
226KB, 900x1200px
>>93506231
>Good luck selling Muslim superheroes to Asia, Russia and Eastern Europe.
EZ.
>>
>>93506123
Personally I think because of her fangirl concept, she's generally more suited to stay firmly street level like the Punisher or Daredevil, showing up only when called up in the crossovers, or when it makes plot sense.

And absolutely everything in the Inhumans except for medusa, black bolt and MAYBE gorgon and crystal has been a complete tire fire. She's got no synchronicity with those fuckers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.