[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Questions that dont deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

File: for what purpose.gif (499KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.gif
499KB, 500x320px
What the fuck is this intro? Sure its iconic with a great urban theme but what in the hell was Helga 's endgame? Moving past Arnold? And why the fuck was Arnold so happy that she did indeed move past him, even though he was smug just a few seconda before when blocking her path? The fuck.

https://youtu.be/vUsnJ9jlwns
>>
>>93502455
Hi Doug walker
>>
File: 3r3AvZi.jpg (312KB, 1200x940px) Image search: [Google]
3r3AvZi.jpg
312KB, 1200x940px
>>93502455

It's meant to be a pastiche of West Side Story noble sir.
>>
>>93502455
It's supposed to be anticlimactic you autist
>>
>>93502578
Like this thread?
>>
File: Hey-Arnold-9.jpg (42KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
Hey-Arnold-9.jpg
42KB, 600x407px
>>
>>93502455
she wants attention from him, and he feels good about acting as the bigger man and not rising to her provocations
it's a metaphor for their relationship based on misunderstanding and her being unable to open up her emotions to him
>>
>>93505793
Hey Arnold is the only children's cartoon where an 8-year-old child admits to lust.
>>
>>93507805
It was also the only cartoon to depict real life.
>>
>>93509281
The Weekenders says hi.
>>
>>93509361
Did they have alcoholism?
Did they have depression?
Did they have abuse?
Did they have suicide?
>>
File: -.jpg (56KB, 674x507px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
56KB, 674x507px
>>93502455
Watch the show. Helga is essentially the main character and the intro is her trying to get Arnold's attention but she presumably bottles it at the last minute and snaps at him as usual. Arnold is somewhat aware of something going on hence the look on his face.
>>
>>93509961
Just because your real life is shitty doesn't mean every depiction of real life has to be shitty. Your therapist can probably explain this to you better than I can.
>>
>>
>>93510935
>Stinky and Lila

Cute. CUTE.
>>
>>93510923
HA had all of them, while I can't remember Weekenders having one of them.
>>
>>93510923
Are you autistic?

He's just saying that Hey Arnold had all of those.
>>
>>93502455
I'll bite.
Why the fuck do people hate Jashi? Is it because /co/mblur wanted Ashi to be transgender? Was it cause of Shaggyfaggy? Were there better people to ship Jack/Ashi with?
Why?
>pic (p)unrelated
>>
>>93511508
He was implying The Weekenders didn't depict real life because it lacked those heavier elements.
>>
>>93509961
They had veganism.
They had solstice observance.
They had dulcimers.
They had implied crossdressing of a teen boy.
>>
>>93507805
Helga was nine.
>>
File: 1493444940334.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1493444940334.png
326KB, 903x713px
>>93511738
>>
>>93510923
this
>>
>>93511569
She made me cringe and I hate her kind of character and her taking focus and being the main factor that helped Jack and we were supposed to cry at her death is retarded. I hate Ashi fans because they're mainly the type you'd see posting wacky faces going OMG GENNDY BRING HER BACK IM SOBBING shit you'd expect to find in youtube comments, and also EVERY jack thread was overrun with Ashi shit, ashi pics, ashi defending, ashi roleplayers, etc,

it was toxic as shit both in and out of the series, but the series was being waifubait and of course /co/ loved it and S P A M M E D it and you could never say anything bad about based ashi up until the finale where I still can't tell if people are memeing or being ironic because until then I and a few others were the only ones tired of Ashi
>>
>>93511640
Life isn't always sunshine and days at the beach.
>>
Hey Arnold and Weekenders are at other sides of the spectrum.
Only the usual places the charas hang out.
HA had an urban setting, while Weekenders most defenitely had not.
It's both SOL, but almost comparing apples to bananas.
>>
>>93511569
I was a daughteru fag but in the end I got over it and I don't think this is the only reason I don't like the pair.
Jashi was just boring to me. I understand people wanted Jack to finally get some after a life of suffering but I never gave a crap about him finding love, especially if it was so boringly portrayed like that. And everything with them in the final episode was awful.
>>
>>93502533
This is the most autistic world in the multiverse ever.
>>
>>93515768
Not autistic enough for the Oh! Actual Spooks dump to just be somewhere in the background, instead of there being three buildings styled after the main trio that came out of nowhere.
>>
>>93510923
I can tell you live a middle class life most likely in America. Cherish that.
>>
>>93514379
Can be. If your mind will it.

Don't succumb to the negativity circumventing you, anon.
>>
>>93516660
>get hit by car
>in hospital for half a year
>no one to visit you
>can't change the channel due to the accident, can't hear it anyway

JUST KEEP SMILING DUDE!!!
>>
>>93509961
You never watched it, right?
Miriam (Helga's mom) had hints of alcoholism, there's a chapter about addictions (The choco boy thing)
Helga is abused, never physically but emotionally, by her parents that seem not to give a f about her.
Depresion, sometimes als showed by Helga
Suicide never
>>
>>93517085
>hints of alcoholism
>>
>>93517085

Anon he was talking about The Weekenders.
>>
>>93510935
Glad she got that thing waxed
>>
>>93516724
Shit anon
Sorry you had to go through that
>>
>>93517869
Yeah and her eye brows aren't bad either
>>
>>93511569
honestly I just felt like it was really forced and that they just added it in because
>shipping xd
>>
>>93511569
yyyeah ashi doesn't strike me as particularly memorable either. in regards to introduction, characterization, design or otherwise.

also

>player 2 has winned
>>
>>93516514
Come off it fag, tons of middle class people have it rough.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>93517996
My karma is gonna fuck me up if I don't explain this

I was gonna leave you thinking that it was me because it's an example and it might take the weight away if I say "nah but it happens", but that's exactly what the deal is here.

It happens, there are instances where you just can't get cheerful or even smirk, it seems easy to say "just force yourself to find a thing to be happy about" but damn, it's hard and I know it happens, despite having things to occasionally be happy about myself
>>
pretty autistic if you ask me
>>
Where did that thread about "a batman movie that you'd want to watch" go?
-
Ask who the most famous person in Gotham is and you'll always get the name Bruce Wayne. And it'd always be something like "Oh, Bruce Wayne is a rich idiot."
Thing is, they're not wrong.
Cue Batman falling out of a window, screaming and on fire.
"Bruce Wayne would have gotten himself killed years ago if it wasn't for his butler."
Cue Alfred restraining Batman who's got an arm in a cast, the flu, and wants to go out and stop the Scarecrow.
etc etc
>>
She was ready to confess to Arnold but last minute drops spaghetti and just tells him to move out of her way.
>>
File: 1483110294906.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483110294906.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>93516514
>I'm sure peoples crippling depression would go away had they just made more money
>haha fuck rich witey amiright guys xD
>>
>>93522311
My point.
These things do happen to people.
It's good to be grateful and have a positive attitude, but that doesn't mean you have pretend all is well when you're ready to just kill the next idiot who tells you you've got it made when you're down in the dumps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMiY-D3SeqU
>>
>>93520813
>>>>/tumblr/
But that's where all the middle class people are!
>>
>>93502533
>rugrats world is literally designed for the 1990s
>>
>>93511569
Because they added a literal who poochie into the last season of a series that we waited years for a resolution to. I honestly don't get how people find this hard to understand.
>>
>>93524919
That's basically the show's entire plot until she works up the courage to tell him in the movie.
>>
>>93502455
Why isn't Germany producing more cartoons. Even if we ignore the state, Super RTL makes 250 millions in profits and has enough connections with Frenchies and Dreamworks to make stuff. They also have good connections with Netflix for global distribution, so why aren't they making cartoons?
>>
Were liberals enough of a viewer base to support Green Arrow?
>>
What is under DoubleD's Hat
>>
>>93527502
Lol /r9k/ is pathetic
'waah there's a girl in my samurai show'
>>
Helga's a stupid kid. She doesn't have an endgame and doesn't understand her own feelings.
>>
>>93529945
I think she understands, but is too scared to admit them.
>>
>>93529945
it's almost as if she's 9 years old or something
>>
>>93529945
>>93530150
the psychologist episode goes over a lot of this and is probably one of the silliest episodes in the series, she feels she has to be tough and fawning over him doesn't really fit into that, and she also is aware that she's not ready to approach him yet
I feel like arnold had this issue where some of the writer's desks just made the kid too adult-like while others kept things properly in scope and created some weird oddities in character behavior (really noticeable in the episodes where arnold is some absurd voice of reason, which are probably the weakest in the show)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjIu2U58FVY
>>
>>93530582
So starved for affection and attention.
She's a real high-risk girl.
>>
>>93530223
I remember watching an interview with Craig in it and he was saying how they evolved Arnold from being just a chill kid to a mini-Buddha. I never really liked this change either, it's mad he knew how to solve everything in some ways I couldn't even now as an adult.

Though in terms of Helga, I felt she was always walking on a tightrope for being realistic. Helga is a girl and girls normally develop mentally more before boys, so I always felt her over-passionate behaviour made sense, especially with her parents' neglect forcing her to grow up. They often made an effort to prove that Helga is also just unusually smart for her age, and tried to portray her maturity and level of knowledge as abnormal (for example, the aptitude test showing she is as smart as Olga)

To me, her love of Arnold made sense as well as her hiding it, what never made sense to me was how willing all these 9 year olds were to date and treat it seriously (Weird Cousin for example)
>>
>>93502455
Why is it that there is some perceived notion that an adult cannot enjoy cartoons? Why is it perpetuated here of all places?

Everyone seems to go through an "I'm too good to enjoy this" phase before snapping out of it, possibly swinging hard in the other direction, and then mellowing out in some degree of moderation. Why make such a big deal over it if it's something that happens to almost everyone who is in a position to be exposed to the medium in the first place?

Why do some anons make the same threads every single day about the same subject?

Do you ever just take a break from /co/ if there's nothing currently being released that you're following?

Why is it so much more difficult to talk about something you like than something you hate? Do you feel you'll be put on the spot just for enjoying something?

Would you rather spend time with someone who likes all the things you like or someone who hates all the things you hate?

What's the deal with fetishes around here? Half of them don't seem like actual fetishes and just board memes that other anons have somehow come to accept as truth in their own mind without actually enjoying the subject matter in a sexual way.

Why do they keep making superhero stories set in the "real world" with all the "real drama"? It worked in WWII since there was a clear cut enemy, but now it just feels like they bend over backwards to make it fit. Just make stories in a world that doesn't have the same shit happening in it as the real world, there's much less limitations that way.

Is assigning blame to an outside influence (other boards/sites) just a coping mechanism so your don't feel obligated to post better yourself?

What is the general opinion you have on OC created on /co/, for /co/? Do you ever feel that it really caters to you?
>>
>>93502533
It bothers me an unreasonable amount that the aggro crag has yellow instead of red.
>>
>>93531097
The Helga Masquerade episode always gave me a kind of sad melancholy feeling. It always pissed me off how Arnold never requited her feelings towards him.
>>
>that episode where Helga wakes up naked in Arnold's shower

L-lewd
>>
>>93530164
People aren't used to kids in cartoons acting like actual kids
>>
>>93531386
I don't normally ship characters, but I always really liked the dynamic between Arnold and Helga, Helga wanted to be loved, Arnold wanted someone to love (his previous attempts at romance a failure), with Helga more emotionally experienced and Arnold more socially experienced. They're the only kid characters I could truly actually see as marrying because of how well their traits balance out.

Arnold's varying stance on Helga annoyed me though, for example Egg Story, compared to Helga's Masquerade, the end of Arnold and Lila, Dinner for Four and so on.Girl Trouble at least had Helga being meaner than normal, so it made sense Arnold would be pissed off, but Egg Story was just terrible, on par with Arnold Betrays Iggy
>>
>>93532086
>Arnold in Egg Story

The writers of that shit should have been crucified. He was unnecessarily a cunt.

On the other the Biosquare episode where Helga and Arnold are in the greenhouse is the most bizarre one in terms of the writers seemingly forgetting the characters' personality traits.
>>
>>93531285
>Why is it that there is some perceived notion that an adult cannot enjoy cartoons? Why is it perpetuated here of all places?
Teenagers are very concerned about what their peer think (and this carries into adulthood too for most). People want to be taken seriously and feel this can't happen if they are enjoying material made for children.

>Why do some anons make the same threads every single day about the same subject?
Shitposting and desperation for human interaction. It's why generals keep going even when there's nothing new to discuss.

>Do you ever just take a break from /co/ if there's nothing currently being released that you're following?
Of course, there is so much media saturation with books, films, video games, etc. right now that you can't possibly get through everything you want to in your life as is.

>What's the deal with fetishes around here? Half of them don't seem like actual fetishes and just board memes that other anons have somehow come to accept as truth in their own mind without actually enjoying the subject matter in a sexual way.
Just because you don't get a fetish doesn't mean it isn't sexual. Go over to /d/ and realize that people are getting off to every thread over there.

>Is assigning blame to an outside influence (other boards/sites) just a coping mechanism so your don't feel obligated to post better yourself?
People can't accept that /co/ doesn't neatly conform to their ideas and thus it must be outside influence.

>What is the general opinion you have on OC created on /co/, for /co/? Do you ever feel that it really caters to you?
I think it's mostly garbage and filter it. If more people learned how filtering works, they'd be happier.
>>
>>93532387
I've spent a lot of time on /d/.

After a while it started feeling like it was just a matter of principle for many of the fetishes to exist rather than to enjoy the content of them.

It doesn't help that most of the stuff I enjoyed on /d/ has been banned over the years.
>>
>>93532161
Biosquare was the opposite of Egg Story, with Helga being too mean to an out of character degree, rather than Arnold.

Both are not good episodes
>>
Which one should I watch first?

Bojack, Xavier Angel or samurai champloo
>>
Are they bringing back Hawkman or not?
>>
All this talk of weekenders. Worth watching?
>>
>>93502533
>Rocko lives kitty corner to the Pickles'
What the actual fuck
>>
>>93532934
samurai champloo
>>
>>93509961
>suicide never
Isn't that what the Pigeon Man did at the end of the episode but they couldn't actually show him jump so they just had him fly off into the void?
>>
>>93529907
If Ashi was replaced with Ash, one of the Seven Sons of Aku, I'd still hate him for taking valuable time away from Jack.
>>
File: 1495596043687.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1495596043687.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>>93510935
>realistic anatomy
>three fingers

Why do people do this?
>>
>>93510935
this is the most unappealing and uncanny picture I've seen in a long time
>>
>>93509961
Yes to all of those.
>>
>>93535306
>>realistic anatomy

HE HAS A FOOTBALL FOR A HEAD.
>>
>>93537014
but the body is okay...?
>>
File: seal.png (32KB, 583x576px) Image search: [Google]
seal.png
32KB, 583x576px
>>93537049
>>
>>93529907
What a faggy retort to that post
>>
so i know comics exists in the comic universe about heroes in that universe but do villains ever get upppity at portrayals of themselves
>>
File: Snyder, Hawkman Run.png (585KB, 1290x914px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder, Hawkman Run.png
585KB, 1290x914px
>>93533740
Yes.
https://youtu.be/Xrrokgo4gdg
>>
>>93511569
>all that screentime wasted on her development
>already having trouble with limited time and needing to wrap up so much shit in one season
>romance was cringe worthy
>ending was disgusting and unsatisfying
>>
>>93535260
>Jack being a confirmed homo
now there is a timeline I don't want to visit
>>
>>93537626
That sounds like a good premise, I don't think I have seen this being done before
>>
>>93538629
Leave Jack alone. He started and ended. There not much you can and should do with him.
>>
>>93529907
I wouldn't call the post /r9k/ since anon used the term Poochie instead of Roastie. Plus there isn't really a major air of 'I hate all women and non weenies' in anon's post.
>>
>>93532387
I'd say it's more tweens than teens with the "too good" to watch cartoons thing. In middle school lots of people gave kids who admitted they still like cartoons shit for it, but when I was in high-school that never happened, most kids admitted they still tuned into somethings like sponge in here and there.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.