[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edgar Wright will never watch Marvel's Ant-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16

>Speaking with Uproxx about his new film Baby Driver, Wright admitted he not only hasn’t seen Ant-Man, but hasn’t even watched the trailer.

>I haven’t seen it and I haven’t even seen the trailer,” Wright told Uproxx’s Mike Ryan. “It would kind of be like asking me, ‘Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?’ Like, ‘No, I’m good.’”

>“The closest I came to it was that somebody sitting near me on a flight was watching it. And when I saw that the person sitting next to me was going to watch the movie, I thought, hmm, maybe I’m going to do some work on my laptop.”

>And while he says he doesn’t regret leaving the film, it would be hard for Wright to view the movie without picking it apart. As for any issues between him and Reed, Wright admits they essentially haven’t had any communication.

>“I have not spoken to him at all. I think the last communication I had with him is I said, “’Please don’t just use my storyboards,’ and then I’ve never spoken to him anymore ever since.”

He has watched Civil War though:
>"And I did say to Paul – he knows I haven’t seen it – I said, 'You know, I haven’t seen the movie, and I will never watch it. I did see you in Civil War, and you were the funniest bit.'"
>>
Good. It sucks ass.
>>
>>93494207
Is it true he wanted to put a bunch of car chases in the movie and have Hank be bad or was that bullshit? If so, I'm glad he dropped out.
>>
>>93494261
>Implying Hank revealing he was Yellowjacket all along wouldn't be better than the generic vanilla piece of shit Iron Man copy we got
>>
I've heard a friend say that if I like Kamen Rider, I'd like this. How accurate would you say that is?
>>
>>93494284
>Iron Man copy
What?
>>
>>93494284
No, it wouldn't be better. Turning a superhero into a villain in your movie just for a shitty little plot twist is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>93494287
You know what, a little bit, yeah.
>>
He dragged his feet on the project and pissy he didn't get his way, get over it
>>
>>93494207
>‘Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?’
... depends on the ex.
>>93494284
Pymfags around here would have lost their minds. They were already upset to begin with.
>>
>>93494333
Yeah, it sucks, but if he had progressed faster with it, he probably would have been able to make something with a lot more creative freedom. Unless all the delay was studio meddling, but I don't know one way or the other.
>>
>>93494293
I think he means Stone copy.

> Both bald-headed evil guys who wanted to take over/took over a business to sell weapons to bad guys.
> Both jacked tech to make copy suits.
> Both died twists originating around the suit. Stone dying to the giant arc reactor, the other guy being shrunk into eternity.
>>
>>93494207
>being this pretentious

Filmmakers are such faggots
>>
>>93494293
Dont start this. You shills do this every time people point this out. Go watch the Honest Trailer because I'm not entertaining you.
>>
>>93494308
>Implying Pym isn't a villain
>>
>>93494207
>Local angry man yells about nobody
Why do we care? What's he directing right now?
>>
>>93494370
I'm not going to pretend that Disney wasn't a helicopter parent over the movie, but in this business directors have to pick their battles when doing big budget movies. Wright didn't want to follow MCU canon, and was given ample time to get the ball rolling. As a result, both Ant Man and Wasp did not appear in the Avengers movie.
>>
>>93494448
Yeah I guess if you only read Wiki pages then you can project whatever you want on these characters, so sure, Hank Pym is a villain if that helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>93494370
>Unless all the delay was studio meddling, but I don't know one way or the other.
His friend was dying of cancer and he wanted to make a film with that guy before he died. Understandable, so Marvel let him leave the project for that film. When he came back MCU was already a thing and he realised he is no longer designing a new universe but instead had to fit into a existing world. It was understandable why he took so long but Marvel is justified to tell him to stick to the connected universe.
>>
>>93494450
The best action film of the year.

Also he wasn't yelling, you guys act like he went out of his way to tell the world this, some interviewer just asked
>>
>>93494473
I see. Well, I guess when I look at it like that, I can't really blame either party for how it worked out. Wright made a tough call what stayed true to his friendship, and Marvel had to make a tough call that stayed true to the brand they were building at a really crucial time.
>>
>>93494470
>Smacked the shit out of Janet
>Created Ultron
>The whole Yellowjacket thing
>Built a robot to attack the Avengers so he can "defeat" it and look like a hero
>Pymtron

Hank being crazy in the movie would have summed up his entire character but nope, the MCU isn't allowed to do daring things.
>>
>>93494308
Do you know literally nothing about Hank Pym?
>>
>>93494543
Baby Driver is a very good film. Seems like it's best for Wright to stick to independent projects desu.
>>
>>93494553
>>Smacked the shit out of Janet
>>Created Ultron
>>The whole Yellowjacket thing
>>Built a robot to attack the Avengers so he can "defeat" it and look like a hero
>>Pymtron
All are very horrible and misguided things done by a stupid and reckless hero. It doesn't make him a villain. It makes him a few steps closer to one, but he's never crossed that threshold.
And those work because we KNOW Hank Pym and had years worth of stories with him. This was his first movie. Him doing stupid and almost-villainous things isn't going to have any impact.

>the MCU isn't allowed to do daring things.
Yeah you got me there
>>
>>93494207

>Director lashing out at a movie that did better than any of his

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Babby Driver is great, you should check it out.
>>
>>93494602
>>93494630
It looked kind of interesting but the trailer really makes it seem like the whole joke is "lol his name is Baby isn't that weird?" and desu the romance with the waitress looks very generic and uninteresting.
>>
>>93494326

I dunno, the main character is actually a likeable father in his 30's tho.

The female lead being a needless bitch is spot on, as is the grizzled mentor. The only thing it's lacking in that aspect is that he doesn't don the suit One Last Time, dying, and then passing on the torch.
>>
>>93494663
It's an action movie m8.
>>
>>93494553
>Ignoring the mental breakdown and identity disorder he was suffering of at the time.

Gee it's almost like context is important
>>
>>93494683
That's why I said a little bit.
I mean, I wouldn't recommend Ant-Man to someone by saying that, but I can understand why someone else would.
>>
>>93494741
Don't argue with people who only read skim wikis.
They don't actually know shit.
>>
File: get a lode of this guy.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
get a lode of this guy.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>93494419
>Calls someone a shill
>Go watch Honest Trailer
>>
>>93494629
He's not really lashing out is he? It's not like he's being ugly about it, he just doesn't want to see it.
>>
File: Blackbolt[1].jpg (81KB, 389x599px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbolt[1].jpg
81KB, 389x599px
>>93494207
>got 10 years to make a movie and couldnt even do that
>because of this Ant man and Wasp couldnt appear in the first Avengers
>wich in efffect also lead to Tony being Ultrons creator
i like your movies wright but you should have just stopped fucking around
>>
>>93494207

literally who?
>>
>>93494741
I guess the Joker and 90% of capeshit villains aren't actually villains then.
>>
>>93494663
The movie was written as an excuse to film car chases.
The plot is secondary.
>>
>>93494808
>posting Ultimate Spider-man
>>
>>93494410
To be fair, it's in the job description.
>>
>>93495335
The car chases were just an excuse to shoot a really long music video
>>
>>93494931
Directed movies better than anything in the MCU. Coming out with Drive on Steroids this week.
>>
>>93494207
I wonder if L&M will do the same with the Han Solo movie.
>>
>>93494915
I'm pretty sure he put the movie on hold so he could make The World's End for his dying friend who wanted to see it. At least that was the story at the time.

Either way, he obviously wasn't just "fucking around". He ended up leaving the project because he couldn't agree with Marvel with how to handle it, which means he was working hard on his own ideas and getting shot down, not that he just wasn't doing anything.

Isn't that what you want for a director? Someone who fights for what they think will make for the better movie, instead of caving in to pressure and putting out something mediocre?
>>
>>93494219
It wasn't that bad
>>
>>93494473
>>93495613
I looked it up and the dying friend (Eric Fellner) is still alive, and working as well. It's great if he recovered but that means Wright fucked Ant-Man for nothing
>>
It doesn't sound like there's any animosity.
>>
File: everything I say is right.png (329KB, 749x500px) Image search: [Google]
everything I say is right.png
329KB, 749x500px
>>93494293
>flawed hero is held captive and escapes with a special suit
>trains with suit for most of the movie
>older mentor is a moral compass
>main villain is after something that the heroes have
>villain jumps into an evil version of what the hero has in the final act
>side supporting character is hinted at joining the main hero in their own suit in the sequel

There's also the tone and jokes but done worse.

The whole thing with Iron Man being copied isn't supposed to be taken as the entire thing is strictly copied but rather the first film sets the tone and any proceeding film follows the same way and comparatively plays it safe. That's the main issue with the MCU other than their horrible handling of villains. They struck gold on the first try and haven't strayed far from it.
>>
>>93496692
Boy, that's a lot of reaching.
>>
>>93494663
Wow you have a retarded opinion
>>
>>93496769

Scott and Tony were doing some shitty things, got in trouble, humbled, and have to fight back against a jealous rival that's after their tech. Ending fight is hero and villain have similar powers.

There's a lot of comparisons between the two films.
>>
>>93496049
His friendship means more to him than his own ant man universe dumbass
>>
>>93496692
This never happened in Iron Man.
>>
Fuck that whingy bitch nigger and his faggot friend. Dragged his high heels for years.
>>
>>93496902
>and have to fight back against a jealous rival that's after their tech
It wasn't Scott's tech. The villain didn't give a fuck about Scott, he was concerned with Pym and just considered Scott a hired goon getting in his way.
>>
>>93496769
Is this your best response shill?
>>
>>93494219
It's my favorite marvel movie
>>
>>93496810
T-that's not necessary anon
>>
>>93496902
Tony might've had a shitty behavior but he was doing a service to the country and hardly "got in trouble over it".

Literally the only fair comparisons are between Stane and Cross and the War Machine/Wasp sequel tease. Everything else is starkly different.
>>
>>93496987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0VM1lIMMtY

Yinsen saved his life and helped him build his tech. His death sets Tony on the path to becoming a hero.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>93497025
>Arguing semantics

Just fucking admit they're the same movie. Minor details doesn't make Ant Man original.
>>
>>93494553
>muh slap

Post disregarded. That slap is marvel's most forced meme.
>>
>>93496692
>flawed hero is held captive and escapes with a special suit
Those situations are very different and are only similar if you use vague statements like this
>trains with suit for most of the movie
Most superhero origin movies have them training for most of it.
What the fuck? Have you not actually watched Iron Man?
>main villain is after something that the heroes have
That could apply to tons of movies.
>villain jumps into an evil version of what the hero has in the final act
That's true but it's not like the villain being a twisted version of the hero is unique to these movies.
>side supporting character is hinted at joining the main hero in their own suit in the sequel
Yeah, this sort of thing happens when you have a million comic characters to introduce
>There's also the tone and jokes but done worse.
What are you talking about? The tones are very different.
>>
>>93497089
Still wasn't a mentor.
>>
>>93497092
Please look up that word in a dictionary.
>>
>>93497092
>Just fucking agree with me already
Lol
>>
>>93497089
Yinsen wasn't a mentor figure, Tony knew him for five minutes. All he did was illustrate how badly Tony had affected the world, and pushed him to change it. You're making him sound like Alfred or Uncle Ben, with a long and intimate relationship. I bet most people, like me, barely remember Yinsen was a character.
>>
>>93497184
>Mentor-An experienced and trusted adviser.

Sounds like a mentor to me.
>>
>>93494207
Ant man was the start of the MCU downfall

its so typical American underdog with spic sidekick
and family friendly

it was so abhorrent

Im glad I didnt watch it on theaters
>>
>>93497157
>>93497231

>The shills are getting desperate

Next you're going to tell me Doctor Strange wasn't the same movie as both Iron Man and Ant Man and the Ancient One was his mentor too.
>>
>>93497236
Yeah, and that doesn't sound like Yinsen's role in he movie. Yinsen was a sacrificial lamb Tony knew for five seconds. They bonded briefly, but it didn't last. Fucking Erskine has more claim to being a mentor-figure than Yinsen.
>>
>>93494219
this.

/thread
>>
>>93497025

He wanted the suit and pym particles that Scott was using so he can copy it. Stane didn't give a fuck about Tony but wanted the arc reactor in his chest so he can copy it. Both created their own bastardized versions of it. Yellowjacket and Iron Monger.

>>93497074

He was genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that was selling rockets to the highest bidder. He cared mostly for himself but he was horrified to find out that Stane was selling his weapons to terrorists. And Tony "got in trouble over it" when he was kidnapped and held hostage. Scott was mostly a Robin Hood type of thief that wanted a better life and the ability to see his daughter. He got in trouble when he was set up by Pym into breaking into his house and then getting arrested and had to escape with the suit.
>>
>>93497157
>>main villain is after something that the heroes have
>That could apply to tons of movies.

It's also wrong. Cross had already reproduced the Pym Particles on his own and didn't care for the Ant-Man technology at all until an oportunity to steal it and double his profits presented itself.
>>
>>93497089
The roles of Yinsen and Hank are so completely different. The only similarities are that they're old men who give the hero advice.
>>
>>93494334

i know i would have. edgar wright can eat a dick if that was his plan
>>
>>93497275
>Waaah people are questioning my shitty opinions
>>
>>93497275
>Moving the goalposts
We're talking about Ant-Man, not Doctor Strange.
>>
>>93494579

im questioning what you know about pym
>>
>>93497316
>He wanted the suit and pym particles that Scott was using so he can copy it.

No, he didn't. He got butthurt that Pym wouldn't share the secrets and figured it out entirely on his own.

>He was genius billionaire playboy philanthropist that was selling rockets to the highest bidder.

He sold weapons to the U.S. military and was very proud of that fact despite his carefree lifestyle.

Stop reaching so much. You've got valid points in terms of Yellowjacket's progression and the Wasp's sequel baiting already.
>>
>>93497378
That's not moving goalposts, shill.
>>
>>93497280
How the fuck was that not his role? Was he not an experienced and trusted adviser to Stark while he was in the cave? Tony was locked up with Yinsen for months you fucking retard.
>>
>>93497450
Yes, it is.
>>
>Unethical genius protagonist falls on hard times
>Old wise character mentors the protagonist
>Protagonist trains to master their powers
>Protagonist has a funny ethnic friend
>There is a strong independent female love interest
>The antagonist's powers are basically an evil version of the protagonist's
>At some point during the film, the antagonist shows up at the protagonist's base of operations to threaten him
>The protagonist has to sacrifice himself to defeat the villain. Usually by exploiting a loophole in their powers
>A side character potentially becoming a sidekick is used a sequel bait
>Black guy is looking to recruit the protagonist to join the Avengers

Which movie is this? Ant Man or Iron Man?
>>
>>93497495
Giving an example of you shills plugging your ears and playing dumb isn't moving goalposts.
>>
>>93497476
You're comparing a character that helped the protagonist in the first twenty minutes to a character who's basically the deutragonist and whose past and relationships drive his entire movie, claiming that they're exactly the same just because they're both old and wise. You're desperate.
>>
>>93497541
>He does it again
>>
>>93497413
>Unethical genius protagonist falls on hard times
Tony isn't unethical and Scott isn't a genius.

>Old wise character mentors the protagonist
Yinsen didn't mentor Tony.

>Protagonist trains to learn to master their powers
Literally every superhero origin movie.

>Protagonist has a funny ethnic friend
Literally every action movie.

>A strong independent female love interest
Son...

>The antagonist's powers are basically an evil version of the protagonist
Bit of a stretch, but okay.

>At some point during the film, the antgonist shows up at the base of operations to threaten him
Okay.

>The protagonist has to sacrifice himself to defeat the villain. Usually by exploiting a loophole in their powers
Literally every superhero movie.

>A side character potentially becoming a sidekick is used a sequel bait
Sure.

>Black guy is looking to recruit the protagonist to join the Avengers
Different contexts entirely, but I'll humor you.
>>
>>93497518
All of these points are either copied from the other guy or blatantly false, fuck off.
>>
>>93497518
Sounds a lot like Star Wars to me
>>
>>93497551
Their length of time in the movie does not change the fact they fill the same archetype. They are the wise old mentor which is a common trope in fiction. They fill the same role as Yoda and Morephus.
>>
>>93497563
>Tony isn't unethical and Scott isn't a genius.

Tony was making WMDs and went to black market arms deals. Scott has a Masters in Electrical Engineering and was able to use his skills to rob a bank.

>Yinsen didn't mentor Tony.
Yes he did. He educated Tony on the evils of his weapons.

>Literally every action movie.
So you agree.

>Son...
Agree again

>Bit of a stretch, but okay.
That's not a fucking stretch. Yellowjacket shrinks and grows like Ant Man. Iron Monger is a superior version of the Iron Man Mark 1 suit.

>Okay.
You agree yet again

>Literally every superhero movie.
Wow I'm on a role. You agree.

>Sure.
Another one.

>Different contexts entirely, but I'll humor you.
Still the same thing.

I win, shill.
>>
>>93497583
Of course I copied them from the other guy. They're the same fucking movie.
>>
>>93497754
Making ANOTHER thread about it doesn't make you correct pussy
>>
File: 1479170710185.png (1MB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
1479170710185.png
1MB, 940x545px
>>93497818
Are you butthurt, shill?
>>
>>93497729
>I win, shill.
This is just pathetic.
>>
>>93497653
They fill a similar trope but their roles in the movie are very different.

Are you saying that every movie with a wise old man in it is an iron man ripoff?
>>
>>93494207
Who is this guy and why shouId I care?
>>
>>93497879
>Mad
>>
>>93495613
he didn't want ant man to fit with the pre existing universe. the arguments where hank pym being evil and not having connections to iron man or shield and other stuff. which is honestly ridiculous at this point in the marvel u.

if he had gotten it out before iron man (like he was supposed to) then he could do what he wanted. i'm not ragging on him for leaving i actually think he should have left a long time before he did and just let the project die if he knew he wasn't going to play well with others. if he was a little more honest with himself he would quit while he was ahead and even not gotten so butt hurt at the end.

i think the movie came out great in the end. the worlds end was funny too, so if he left for a different project why not just be happy and not be salty on antman. it wasn't his girlfriend as he made it sound it was his booty call he strung along and dumped for the girl he was waiting on became available. he's just mad ant-man got a new man and did great without him.
>>
>>93497925
No, I'm saying Ant Man is a carbon copy of Iron Man. Two movies in the same franchise being very similar is super obvious and shows a lack of creativity.
>>
>>93497261
you come off more abhorrent than anything in that movie
>>
>>93498020
antman really sucks tho

seriously, its basically for manchild dads and their beaner friend
>>
>>93497971
And I'm saying your argument is idiotic because it's based on pretending that vaguely similar aspects of both movies are exact copies of each other.
>>
File: B6TjfL5CMAE8VyF.jpg (30KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
B6TjfL5CMAE8VyF.jpg
30KB, 600x609px
>>93498095
>Two movies in the same franchise hit the same story beats and character archetypes
>Vaguely similar

I bet you think Force Awakens was totally original and isn't comparable at all to New Hope.
>>
>>93497518
>ironman wasn't in hard times he was doing great until he got captured
>antman wasn't unethical, he actually was the complete opposite which is what got him thrown in jail, he was ethical as fuck. but he's against a corrupt gov/company. but yes he was on hard times

>no one trained stark, he trained himself

>war machine isn't funny, the way the mexican guy was in antman

>falcon recruited him for a non avengers mission so the opposite in this case
which is fitting since pym's team is very much anti stark. mirroring a little makes sense since they're geniuses sharing a universe, but they have really different everything else.
>>
Daily reminder. Each film in the "cornetto trilogy" was significantly worse than the one before.
>>
>>93498257
But Hot Fuzz was better than Shaun of the Dead.
Hey, to each their own, I suppose. I loved all three.
>>
>>93498173
>Two movies in the same franchise hit the same story beats and character archetypes
They don't though?
>>
>>93497729
he didn't rob a bank, he stole from a shady company who was taking from poor. he was robin hood, he was pretty much already trying to be a hero before he had powers. unfortunately he fucked with rich people and went to jail.

he's actually very much ethical, which is what kept getting him in trouble.

tony wasn't ethical, he didn't really give a fuck until he figured out the damage he was causing. they start from completely different moral standings. but both end in the same opinion of saving the world via super hero-ing.
>>
>>93498311
See >>93497518
>>
>>93498257
>implying
Hot Fuzz > SotD >>>>>>>>>> POWER GAP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SHIT >>>>>>>>>> BvS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> World's End
>>
>>93498349
>The World's End worse than BvS

Now that's shit taste! And probably a sign that you've never gotten drunk in your life.
>>
>>93498324
that list is all wrong and is actually mixing parts of both movies as has been pointed out.

you can't point at a made up, incoherent list, that's trying to deceive with false information and say
>oh look proof

what do you think you're running for president or something?
>>
>>93497941
see >>93495451

Or watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag
>>
>>93498386
After Hot Fuzz and Shaun, World's End left me with such a sour taste it actually made me think that I had been wrong all along and Hot Fuzz and Shaun were actually terrible movies. Upon rewatching all of them I realised I was wrong, they were still good, but World's End was just that bad
>>
>>93498407
Tell me how the list is wrong and mixing up parts. I have both movies in different tabs right now and would love to give you in depth detail on why that Anon is right.
>>
>>93498428
But it's not bad. On a technical level it's the best crafted of the trilogy. On a script level it has the same realized characters who are more than just surface archetypes. And it has Rosamund Pike.

It's the least funny in the trilogy, which could make it the "worst", but to call it a bad movie is flatout wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYZAww0pgI
>>
>>93498585
Wait, meant to post the entire thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42mn6N7pPA0
>>
>>93498465
Read the thread. Also, actually watch the movies. Both of them.
>>
>>93498658
So you have no answer then? Just admit you're cornered, shill.
>>
>>93498465
okay here's a post>>93498200
and here's another >>93497563
and here >>93498318

seriously read the thread, i'm spoon feeding you the info which can be verified by simply watching the movies.

i can stand behind someone having shit taste and not liking ant man, but saying it's the same as ironman is fucking dumb. that's like saying so is spider-man and batman because well they're all superheroes so same shit right?

of course they're all going to have some things they need to ave in common, such as acquisition of powers and costumes, fighting a villain and a love interest. or secondary characters that aid the hero or provide comedic relief. yeah welcome to story telling. it's retarded to not want any of that in a movie. but saying because they exist in 90 % of movies and 100% super hero movies doesn't mean it's the exact same thing.

just like saying well in inception men wore suits and talked, i guess that's the same as mad men, there was suits and dialogue in that too. it's trying to prove a point by breaking down the movie to the most generic points to pretend there's any validity to the op example.

it's also bullshit and has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. besides trying to discredit it by comparing it. even though it's being compared to a good movie and on it's own got positive critical acclaim and audience reception.
>>
>>93498694
Those Anons are wrong and you have no argument. Stop trying to piggyback off of others. You still haven't told me how that list is wrong.
>>
>>93494207
>Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?’ Like, ‘No, I’m good.’”
so he negelected his girlfriend for other girls?

and then when he came back she wasn't into him anymore
>>
>>93498774
the first one for sure is wrong.

they both have completely different ethical mindsets. they only slightly converge at the middle or end of the movie at which point they're super heroes and their ethics are to serve humanity.

so lets start by pointing out that the first point is completely wrong. the rest of the list can be discredited. but again i know it's wrong. you seem to want to believe it, then go ahead and be wrong. i don't have to prove it to you. i actually paid attention to the movies and know the truth.
>>
>>93498875
>Tony makes WMDs and goes to black market arms deals
>Scott robbed a corporation and robbed an old man's house in hopes to sell the stolen items for profit

Sounds pretty unethical to me. Try again shill.
>>
>>93498932
again the company was the bad guy, they explain that. he didn't want to steal from pym, he was backed into a corner. the movie went out of it's way to make it obvious that scott wasn't a bad person and being ethical kept getting him in more trouble.

stark wasn't very ethical, at first, that's the point stark wasn't ethical he didn't realize war had consequences and faces and innocents. he was a sheltered brat.

so they're opposite moral/ethical standings at the commencement of their journeys. it's also very mirroring of each other, stark was happy when he was unethical, scott was miserable doing the right thing. because before heroes started poping up he marvel u had a corruption in it. to which explains the rise of heroes.

>try again shill
try to get a brain you mong
>>
File: IMG_0900.jpg (77KB, 495x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.jpg
77KB, 495x699px
>>93497518
Neither. You said things that were true for one but not for the other, or intentionally misrepresented elements to make the analogy work.
>>
>>93499081
Stealing is an objectively unethical act no matter what. Scott stole from an old man. You can't twist that.

You know you're losing.
>>
>>93499115
What was misinterpreted?
>>
>>93499120
i don't have to twist anything, i know you're wrong and deliberately (hopefully not just an idiot who can't understand a simple movie) are trying to prove a lie.

which by your logic as much as stealing is objectively wrong no matter what.

so you're objectively wrong no matter what

because you're lying about the list being accurate. and i can't lose because i'm right and no matter how much you pretend i'm not. the movies exist and that is all the proof i need.
>>
File: Eds_laughing.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Eds_laughing.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>93499197
>"No you're wrong! I'm right!"

I'm arguing with a 12 year old.
>>
>>93499120

Diff anon hear

Can we all give Scott a break?

He was let out jail for like what less than a month? Got fired from his NEW job because he was a felon.

And on top of all that? His ex wife is harping his ass to pay child support. uh bitch he JUST got out of jail and already fired from his new job.

Scott broke under pressure because people were acting like he can make everything right over night
>>
>>93499219
yeah that's why i stopped reasoning, with you.

when actual proof is given and you refuse to see it, then there is little point in trying to prove anything. the evidence is there if you choose to ignore it it doesn't make you right and me wrong. it just makes you more willing to be ignorant. arguing with you is worse than a 12 year old it's like arguing with an idiot. a 12 year old would understand.

>i'm only pretending to be retarded.jpg

is the only thing that would explain your nonsense and if this is how you get your jollies, kudos. you really won at absolutely nothing.
>>
>>93499147
I think this post >>93498200
Summed it up pretty well, but a notable thing to add is that Obadiah disn't show up to threaten Stark, he showed up to KILL him and left him for dead.
>>
>>93499400
Stark was captured by terrorists. The very definition of falling on hard times. Scott was stealing which is unethical. They both had to train to master their powers. Rhodey was a funny sidekick. Falcon recruited Ant Man to join his Avengers.

Nigga you said the original post misinterpreted alot of things(which it didn't) and then quoted a post that does nothing to misinterpret shit to prove it's point?

Also

>Stane didn't THREATEN Stark, he tried to KILL him

Yeah that makes it totally different. Stane walking out and saying he was going to kill Pepper too wasn't a threat either.
>>
>>93494207
Can we get him to make a blue and gold movie? Or something like Doom Patrol or the Metal men?
>>
>>93499492
>Stane walking out and saying he was going to kill Pepper too
>That means he's "showing up to threaten him"
You don't really believe this. You're arguing for the sake of defending your point, and it's incredibly transparent. Saying what your plan is as you leave someone to die has a completely different meaning and purpose than a threat. You don't threaten someone who's about to die.
>>
>>93499590
Are you even reading your posts right now? You're just moving goalposts around.
>>
>>93499492
So being an arrgoant rich weapons dealer who is captured by terrorists and has to build a mechanical suit to escape is exactly the same as being a recently released criminal who turns back to theivery because can't find a job and can't support his daughter?

Both of those fall under "unethical" and "hard times" but you would have to literally be retarded to think they're the same.
>>
>>93499613
I set out to say your post is wrong. It is. I set out to say Stane didn't come to threaten Tony. He didn't. I haven't even shifted a goalpost.
>>
>>93494207
>It would kind of be like asking me, ‘Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?’ Like, ‘No, I’m good.’”

>>“I have not spoken to him at all. I think the last communication I had with him is I said, “’Please don’t just use my storyboards,’ and then I’ve never spoken to him anymore ever since.”

>'You know, I haven’t seen the movie, and I will never watch it

t. butthurt faggot
>>
>>93499735
>Both of those fall under "unethical" and "hard times"

Yep so there you go.
>>
>>93494741
Gee, it's almost as if they turned him into a villain or something during this mentally unwell period of his life.

Wright would've done a good job with Pym the way Gunn did with Ego, working their mental disorders into the character and their actions dutifully.
>>
>>93500236
I don't know if you're serious or pretending at this point but either way you're mentally ill.
>>
>Marvel could have had capekino if they just let Edgar Wright do his thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pFrplmexo
>>
>>93500367
>Realizes he's wrong
>Resorts to insults

Go back to r/marvelstudios
>>
>>93494207
Sucks to be him, Ant Man was good.
>>
>>93494207
His ideas sucked and Ant-Man is still the best initial solo movie for a hero second only to Iron Man. Definitely best third act of a solo film by far.
>>
>>93494207
>Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex
is he fucking crazy? any man that has any bit of intelligence would say YES. Thinking's man fetish Edar, thinking's man fetish. you fucking britbong.
>>
>>93500398
And if they had, we'd only be 5 years away from seeing it!
>>
>>93499935
>has10 years of development flushed down the drain
>don't get mad
>>
File: Shit-happens.jpg (124KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
Shit-happens.jpg
124KB, 640x633px
>>
>>93499120
>objectively unethical

No such thing.

But in this case, I'd be hard-pressed to legitimize what Scott did. There's always another way, even if circumstances seem dire.
>>
>>93500718
Get out you cuck
>>
File: poster_jodorowskys-dune.jpg (214KB, 1280x747px) Image search: [Google]
poster_jodorowskys-dune.jpg
214KB, 1280x747px
>>93494207
Dude's not a Warrior like (a reluctant) Jodorowsky and his kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7YZXeI54s
>>
>>93494207
You're missing nothing, Edgar
>>
>>93496692
Why do you do this? You know the shills will get triggered and start screeching, we've been through this. Let them enjoy their Iron Man rehashes and be done with it
>>
>>93500398
>marvel
>anything but committee directed formulaic flicks
It was never going to happen
>>
>>93494308
Considering it's Pym, it could've worked if they set it up right.
>Pym creates Ultron/does something that kills Janet
>Spends years alone with his guilt
>Upon seeing super villains emerge and corrupt men rise, becomes Yellowjacket in secret to do what other heroes can't
>Lang finds out that Yellowjacket was Pym all along, trying to correct his mistakes

I actually did think of an idea to adapt Yellowjacket to Scott for the sequels
>Incident happens that causes Cassie to get hurt while chasing down Whirlwind/Egghead
>Blames his own carelessness, and is scrutinized by everyone
>Disappears, and steals prototypes for Cross' Yellowjacket suit
>Months later Janet as Wasp continues Pym's work
>She ends up encountering a second Yellowjacket, who is using more aggressive and violent means to get the job done
>YJ is Scott, trying to desperately make up for his mistakes and believing that it's the only way to keep more innocent people safe
>>
>>93500650
"Captain America: First Avenger" is great you pleb.

>I've seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!
>Not my future!
>>
>>93505459
>look at me! I replied to my own post for (You)s cause when else are people going to talk to me
>>
>>93494207
>maximum butthurt
for fucksakes this kiddy has issues
>>
>tries to do a good movie
>gets fucked by the studio
>the studio makes a piece of shit with the same template they've been using for 10 years
>he can't talk about it
>makes a great movie
>said movie gets more praise than anything the first studio has ever done
I love when good guys win
>>
>>93505696
He sat on the movie for years. He wasn't fucked by the studio, an unfortunate turn of the events made the franchise grow without him and when he was back nor him or the studio knew what to do anymore with the original planning

And of course he made a great movie, it's Edward Wright. What does that have to do with the MCU?
>>
>>93494207
>>I haven’t seen it and I haven’t even seen the trailer,” Wright told Uproxx’s Mike Ryan. “It would kind of be like asking me, ‘Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?’ Like, ‘No, I’m good.’”
>>
File: 1444456875039[2].png (307KB, 553x553px) Image search: [Google]
1444456875039[2].png
307KB, 553x553px
>>93505696
>starts on movie
>leaves it hanging for years
>studio has to completely adjust plans for cinematic for when he does come back and finish it
>come back
>decide to do the movie seperate from said universe
>make legacy superhero a villian
>Company wants you to make a small adjustment for it to fit in said universe
>get pissy and back out
>waste everyones time
>>
>>93494207
Well you treated your ex-girlfriend like shit leaving her in the air for years and when you finally wanted to take her seriously you dump her when it turns out she knew people you didn't like. You deserve the cucking when you are that stupid Wright.
>>
>>93498585
No, it was pretty fucking bad, and it relied way too much on meta reference to the other films
>>
>>93503280
haha so funnay :')
>>
>>93494207
I mean, he ain't missing on much. It's the single most generic Marvel movie.
>>
File: dr_strange.jpg (182KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dr_strange.jpg
182KB, 720x1080px
>>93507635
ahem
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.