[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one will die first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: New Canvas copy.png (544KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas copy.png
544KB, 608x800px
Which one will die first?
>>
>>93490288
I think Spongebob has a 20 year contract, and it got renewed through 2019.

I can't see the Simpsons ending any time soon, and it's already the longest airing animated series on TV.
>>
>>93490288
Simpsons. It is far more dated and it is a sitcom, which limits the stuff you can do with it. Also, Spongebob produces less content than Simpsons so it won't get out of ideas that fast. I'll give the Simpsons 20 additional years at most, while Spongebob could easily last half a century and still produce OC regulary.
>>
>>93490288
The Simpsons because the VAs keep on getting older and it's going to be harder and harder to get the performances they need out of them. Especially Marge, her voice sounds awful lately
>>
>>93490342
Sorry pal but japan somehow manages to out do the west yet again. Ever heard of Sazae-san, not only is it older but it's got episodes in the 1000s. I have no clue what it's about tho.
>>
>>93490288
you
>>
Spongebob

So many few things you can do with its setting
>>
>>93490288
Simpson. Actors are older,show only exists for merchandise rather than indoctrination of new people to buy said merchandise like the sponge does to children. In the future family guy will run longer than Simpsons did as will have SpongeBob but Simpsons will have more episodes every year they will become more sporadic with new family guy and sponge until it is 2 episodes a year. No one believes me I don't care you all will see when you're still here in 15 years and a Indian owns 4chan.
>>
>implying they won't go on forever
>>
>>93490288
Whichever show has their VAs die first.
>>
>>93490643
You sayin' 'cos they'd have less energy as they age.
>>
>>93492266
Simpsons VAs are already dying.
>>
Actually I think Kavner and Shearer are the most dead of the cast, their performances are trash now and they have difficulty doing a number of their characters' voices for example Mr. Burns sounds rather bad now.
>>
File: 88778987.jpg (83KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
88778987.jpg
83KB, 640x360px
>>93492317
Yes, Professor, people slow down as they get old.
>>
>>93492321
None of the main cast have died yet. When that happens, the writing is on the wall for the series itself.
>>
>>93492411
>doing a number of their characters' voices for example Mr. Burns sounds rather bad now.

>old guy like Shearer
>can't voice an old man character
That's pretty wack.
>>
>>93490895
Actually it was more than 7000 episodes.
>>
>HAVE NO FEARS.
>>
>>93492460
I think he meant Homer's VA is dying
>>
How does the death of a VA affect the show?
>>
>>93492411
>>93492317
>>93490643
Voice acting is a lot more physically demanding than it seems on the surface, although fwiw I think the voice acting on Spongebob is more physical than the Simpsons. I mean, they have to scream and make harsh noises constantly but most of the Simpsons characters other than Homer don't do that.

And off the record, Rodger Bumpass is older than 2/3rds of the Simpsons cast.
>>
>>93490288
I hope both,but personally I think the simpsons
>>
>>93492492
Mr. Burns's voice is actually pretty throat-straining. You wouldn't think it is, but Harry Shearer has said he has to use throat lozenges when doing it.
>>
>>93492611
Does he have health issues? He's not that old, only 59.
>>
>>93490288
SpongeBob is the Mickey Mouse/Bugs Bunny of this generation while Simpsons is the Flintstones.

Hopefully that answers the question.
>>
>>93492718
He shouldn't be, also fwiw his voice acting is still pretty good, it possibly helps that he is actually involved with the writing process instead of merely phoning in his lines and collecting a paycheck.
>>
>>93492611
I thought he was a super fit health nut? Is it cancer? Is it bullshit? I love Dan.
>>
>>93492460
Fox threatened to replace Shearer when he threatened to quit
>>
>>93492746
>simpsons
>flintstones

No comparison, Flintstones barely lasted a generation before it got rebooted and retooled

At the very least Simpsons has kept the same dynamic (for better or worse) because it works
>>
I think it's mostly Kavner and Shearer we have to worry about, the latter is like 73. Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria are only in their early 50s, they still have plenty of tread left on the tires.
>>
Yeah Harry Shearer is getting up there, but he doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. He has a very busy schedule outside the Simpsons, he still hosts Le Show and acts in stage plays, sometimes over in England.
>>
>>93492824
>I love Dan
Everyone does, I don't think anyone who's worked with him has ever had a bad thing to say about him.
>>
>>93493100
Still, his voice acting is trash now. How much of that is because he's in his 70s and how much is because he only cares about getting paid I'll let you decide. I mean, Paul McCartney still has lots of energy on stage but he can't sing for shit anymore.

The point being that it is possible for your vocal chords to age worse than the rest of you.
>>
Simpsons has a 75-year contract with Fox. It's not going anywhere for another 58 years.
>>
>>93493227
>58 years

HAHA, do you really think Simpsons will last another 6 fucking decades? You're super delusional.

The Simpsons will last 10 more years TOPS, probably less.
>>
>>93493282
I said it has a contract, I didn't say anything to that notion at all. Don't put words in my post anon.
>>
The show should have ended a long time ago, I think the problem is that Al Jean won't let it go because he's terrified that he'll never find work again. His attempts to do things outside the Simpsons in the mid-90s didn't exactly pan out.
>>
>>93493100
The fact that the guy does all kinds of different stuff is probably a good thing, generally people who have no life outside one line of work are less mentally and physically healthy.
>>
>>93493311
they can make it work, all they have to do is do a GX bit with Bart and Lisa like they showed in the future eps. There's nothing wrong with that. There could be a whole new range of eps but they want to center around homer. I like Bart and Lisa eps more.
>>
>>93493405
The Simpsons cast all do plenty of stuff outside the show, other than apparently Kavner and Cartwright.
>>
>>93493146
Only thing I don't like is that he doesn't do anything else but Simpsons anymore. I don't blame him though,big money for a handful of voices. I miss earthworm Jim
>>
>>93493197
>vocal chords
>chords
>>
>>93493197
Shearer actually doesn't even do male incidental characters anymore.
>>
>>93493465
Lisa's VA does stuff OTHER than Simpsons?
>>
>>93493711
A lot of stuff, mostly acting in shitty B-movies and bit appearances on TV shows.
>>
>>93493100
Shearer was the guy who always wanted to do political episodes on the Simpsons. He likes to claim he doesn't take anyone's side in politics ala South Park, but I know he used to be bffs with Keith Olbermann so I'm not buying it.
>>
>>93490288
The real question is which is the lesser of the two evils, FOX or NICK?
>>
>>93492266
>implying that will stop them
>>
>>93493741
I remember her from Herman's Head and that small role in As Good As It Gets, but other than that I don't think I've seen her in much live action stuff.
>>
>>93494011
There was some shitty stoner movie from 2010 where she plays a potty-mouthed high school teacher. I guess her Wikipedia page would list all of her film/ TV credits.
>>
>>93490288
Us
>>
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/arts/television/harry-shearer-of-the-simpsons-plays-nixon.html

I think it's time to let it go, Harry. You're not a 20-something hippie stoner in the early '70s anymore.
>>
>>93492266
>tfw Tom Kenny will die one day
feels bad man
>>
>>93492623
They get a new VA to replace you.
>>
When will Simpsons and Spongebob become public domain?

(I ask since Stephen Hillenburg has ALS and Sam Simon passed away a few years ago.)
>>
>>93490643
>>93492411
>>93492636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwxNSRQciY

Hey, Masako Nozawa is like 80 and still letting it rip.
>>
>>93495037
She's Japanese. Not fair comparison.
>>
>>93493311
Fuck Jean. Scully may have made some bad seasons but atleast he stepped down. Al Jean has been doing this shit for way too long
>>
>>93491235

This.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.