[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHere are you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 33

File: SadHolocausterOfTheFuture.jpg (41KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
SadHolocausterOfTheFuture.jpg
41KB, 736x460px
>denial
>anger
>bargaining
>depression
>acceptance

Anger here

Genndy you fucking hack

Bring her back!!!!
>>
File: IMG_20170627_102949.jpg (235KB, 2048x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_102949.jpg
235KB, 2048x745px
Still pretty bummed
>>
>>93489110
I was at acceptance the entire time. Fuck off.
>>
I'm still laughing at the fallout, one moment Genndy is the savior of Western Animation and then he becomes a unforgiveable hack just because he killed off /co/'s flavor of the year(I say year because of all the autistic Ashi appreciation threads).

REALLY made me think
>>
>>93489233
This. I had already accepted Jack just getting his entire story axed without conclusion so I can only be happy that anything happened ages later.
>>
>>93489110
I think it would've ended better if jack realized there was no way to get to the past and so he decides to build a better future with his friends and allies that he has gotten over the years
>>
>>93489280
>then he becomes a unforgiveable hack just because he killed off /co/'s flavor of the year
Well, half the autists hate him because of that. The other half hate him because he rushed what was supposed to be a beautiful finale, the kind we all waited over a decade for.

At this point I don't even give a shit anymore, Samurai Jack has gone from a wonderful childhood memory to just another forgettable cartoon in a sea of forgettable cartoons.
>>
>>93489342
You hating Genndy for ruining his great work with a shite finale and awful pacing is understandable,I just find the autists creating Ashi threads to be despicable t b h
>>
>>93489366
I only make those threads because i really liked the character and was megabummed over the resolution.
I also like having a contained spot for people to post art of her.
>>
File: bane.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>93489476
>I also like having a contained spot for people to post art of her.

And this gives you power over /co/?
>>
>>93489476
>really liked the character
>liking the epitome of shitty waifubaitery
Anon, don't kid yourself. Ashi was as likeable as a rock and one of the most glaring problems in S5.
>>
>>93489476
We appreciate it anon. Keep doing what your doing
>>
>>93489544
Not at all, I actually took a break from making them because the last one was dead as fuck.
Just curious why I'm despicable tho
>>
>people are still upset over this

this board is truly the most pathetic on 4chan

even /r9k/ is better.
>>
File: 1495081194354.png (167KB, 448x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495081194354.png
167KB, 448x435px
>>93489556
>great design of all her looks
>interesting personality changes
>has very enjoyable dynamic with jack
>has sympathetic/interesting backstory
>emulated a very childish(in a good way) romance that hit some really comfy nostalgia buttons
>made jack smile more than he ever had before
It's fine if you don't like her, but the people who do like her have their reasons
>>
>>93489658
So she was waifubait?
>>
>>93489658
Only one of those could be construed as waifu related.
>>
>>93489788
Meant for>>93489737
>>
>>93489658
>but the people who do like her have their reasons
what reasons lmao
>>
File: 1475480657306.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475480657306.png
221KB, 720x540px
>>93489658
>great design of all his looks
>has very enjoyable dynamic with jack
>has sympathetic/interesting backstory
>made jack smile more than he ever had before
>>
>>93490404
Scotsman has no backstory
>>
>>93490433
better than ashi's
>>
>>93490433
Yeah, and he still managed to be much more likable than Ashi
>>
>>93489110
I'm not even upset about Ashi

I'm more miffed that they spent an entire episode of "wow, look at the difference jack has made in these peoples lives, despite aku's evil being so far reaching!" only to pull the rug out from under us and go "lmao jk, now most of them will probably never even exist."
>>
>overcoming your anger is a main theme in a cartoon that makes people angry
Bravo, Genndy.
>>
>>93489110
I accepted that the finale was shit and that the season as a whole was disappointing.

Anyone that think Genndy has anything worth to create is in denial.
>>
>>93490447
>>93490463
That is your opinion.
>>
File: RazerAyaMoment.jpg (177KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
RazerAyaMoment.jpg
177KB, 400x800px
>>93489110
I kinda knew it would happen, honestly.

I looked at the end of Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series.

Genndy is a hell of a sucker for tragic love. And Samurai Jack was likely always meant to have that tragedy to it by its very nature.

I expect he wanted to add a love interest for Jack a long time ago, considering alot of things. But time eventually rolled around and he was able to unleash his tragic loss.

And you know what, thats alright. Love stories last forever. And Jack and Ashi was... magnificent.
>>
>>93490581
Can't even defend your waifu? Good to know that you realize that there's nothing to her.
>>
>>93490670
>>93489658
>>
>>93490312
The ones i listed. What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>93490472
This. I knew Ashi was done for the second she was introduced. I'm more upset that the future Jack improved and all the friends he made/people he helped are straight up gone.
>>
>>93490862
>I knew ashi was done the second she was introduced
Why is that?
>>
ashi was boring as fuck why do people like her so much
>>
>>93491489
Shitposting
>>
>>93489110
if you are talking about nia i mean ashi i don`t really give a fuck about her,now the go back to the past ending,now thats something that grind my gears,i don`t think i`m going to past from the anger stage on that one
>>
Indifference (We shouldn't be surprised that she died)
>>
>>93492101
Why?
Unironically I thought we were past the concept of killing off the interesting female character for dramatic effect to hurt the male main character.
>>
>>93490670
The burden of proof doesn't lie on the defense.
And even then, people who like Ashi have backed it up time and again, while those that fall into your group just say she's shit without any meaningful reasoning.
>>
>still memeing about le shit finale xDDD
I though it was already over.
>>
>>93493117
Genndy preferred an ending that kept people talking over one that felt satisfying.
>>
>>93490479
>smug_palpatine.jpg
>>
>>93490433
True, but ashi's backstory is that she's Aku's daughter and has powers like his, and was raised to serve him and kill Jack

Frankly, no background is better than deviantart OC-tier writing like that
>>
>>93492239
Tumblr pls

Killing a side character to create drama for the protagonist was a thing before you were a zygote, will be a thing when you meet the love of your life, and will still be a thing long after you are eulogized and buried by your doting friends and family

Whether the character has a vagina or not is irrelevant. This Women in Refrigerators meme has to die
>>
Acceptance.

Samurai Jack ended and the only thing I can say about the final season is that it was pretty and episodes 1-3 were good. I'm through with shitting on Ashi because at least Ashifags got BTFO, and the downward rollercoaster of bad that was S5 has angered me and depressed me enough.

Now I will treat cartoons like videogames, not gonna be hyped until it's here and even then I'm not getting my hopes up for the second half.
>>
>>93494006
Calling something "deviantart OC-tier" as an argument isn't really fair because it's completely opinion based.
Trivializing a character is easy as shit.
>Hi my Deviant name is GEnnDY_TartarsaucekyXX and this is my character Jack. He's a samurai and he can fight with any weapon and beat any opponent and he can dodge bullets after seeing a gun for the first time, and he has a magic katana that can cut through anything! He's also the emperors son and has abilities like his, and was raised to save him and kill aku(mega ASSFAGGOT)
>>
>>93494085
Ashi wasn't a side character though. The scotsman, his daughters, and scaramouche were side characters. Ashi had as much, if not more, screentime and development as Jack. the season was as much her story whether you like it or not.

And her having a vagina IS relevant because the drama of her death was not about losing an ally, it was about losing the love of his life, thus making it not a gender neutral trope in this instance.
>>
>>93489110
I was on acceptance the moment the show ended. I've gone through this once with MGSV so I'm immune to being let down.
>>
>>93494316
>Ashi wasn't a side character though. The scotsman, his daughters, and scaramouche were side characters. Ashi had as much, if not more, screentime and development as Jack. the season was as much her story whether you like it or not.

Even if we graciously exclude the four previous seasons of Jack doing shit on his own, he still had more screentime than his girlfriend in the final season. She's a side character, period. It was his story, she was just along for the ride.

Her snatch is not relevant because characters lose people close to them all the time. Parents, children, siblings, they all meet their maker in these shows and comics. Yet it's only considered primeval and wrong it's a female love interest. Why?
>>
>>93494316
Ashi might as well been a side character with her shitty development and cliched romance.
>>
>>93494632
Just counting this season, screentime was roughly divided as
>episode 1-3
about 60/40 favoring Jack (training of ashi/sisters and fight/chase scenes involving them)
>episode 4-5
50/50 (they are at eachothers side nearly all of these episodes
>episode 6
90/10 favoring Ashi (Jack is only present in the last 2 minutes of the episode, and even then is just a prop for Ashi to talk to)
>episode 7
70/30 favoring Ashi(focus is on her fighting the army and her mother while Jack hallucinates)
>episode 8-10
50/50 (they aren't seperated in this time except the last two minutes of CI)
>>
>>93494755
Jack might as well be a side character with his shitty development and cliched romance.
Literally all he did to develop was listen to Ashi for a minute and then ask the gods for a new sword.
>>
>>93494866
Jacks always been a vessel to explore the world though, it's like saying Mad Max has no character development or never spoke in the movies.
>>
>>93494981
I'm not arguing against jack as a character. I'm just using the annoying trivializing criticisms people apply to ashi.
>>
>>93489110
Don't worry, we just have to wait until the extended and better ending from the DVD/BR set
>>
>>93491157
Seriously?
>Daughter of Aku
>Jack defeats Aku in the past
>Future gets rewritten
>No future Aku
>No Cult
>No daughters of Aku
She was never going to survive the season and I don't know why people were expecting her to.
>>
>>93491157
Think about the symbolism of fire, water, and nature, how these elements play out in real life, say, during a forest fire, then apply those principals to the context of Season 5's story.

Her destiny was always to die and leave a legacy.
>>
>>93496412
I was going to ask what legacy, then I remembered that without her Jack would have broken under the weight of his depression. Why did they have to ruin what could've been a beautiful friendship with that unnecessary romance?
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (15KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
15KB, 183x275px
>>93489110 (OP) #
>tfw I've already been forced by a horrible disease process to let go of a girl I'd fallen in love with, and who'd fallen in love with me
>The I've already met and lost my own Ashi

This season absolutely fucking destroyed me. She was a goddamn angel.

End of blogpost
>>
>>93496367
Because a lot of people interpreted the seasons buildup as leading to Jack not going back to the past, especially when the guardians portal was shown to be destroyed.
>>
>>93496412
>fire burns down forest
>nature grows anew and beautiful from ashes
>water puts out fire
>new nature is wiped from existence
I don't get how that really applies here
>>
I'm just upset because of the rushed Gurren Laggan rip-off ending
>>
>>93496898
You're on the right track.
Which one of those is Jack, Aku, and Ashi?
>>
>>93496898
meant to put
>water helps nature grow anew and beautiful from the ashes
>>
>>93497114
Aku is fire, jack is water, Ashi is nature. I understand how it works symbolically, get to the point as to why this means Ashi's death is necessary
>>
>>93497148
Fires always destroy every living thing in their path, but water helps new life regrow from the ashes. She might have been obliterated, but her actions and the seeds she sowed for the new future are what allowed new life to flourish. It's pretty loose and cheesy but that's Genndy for you.
>>
>>93497281
That analogy gets EXTREMELY clouded by the fact that water/Jack has been working for 50 years to regrow nature from the ashes, in fact an entire episode was dedicated to showing examples of that.
Ashi and her costume changes were symbolically representative(until CI mucked it up) of what I'm saying; she went from an ash costume to a nature costume as a form of rebirth after bathing in water.

What even more ruins what you are saying is the implication that in this analogy, the reborn beauty keels over and dies because
>without fire, I would have never existed
>>
File: 1497554158660.jpg (112KB, 638x794px) Image search: [Google]
1497554158660.jpg
112KB, 638x794px
>>
>>93497522
>without fire, I wouldn't have existed

Very true. Many ecosystems rely on forest fires to thrive, he'll some species of pine are unable to even germinate without flames.

Suffering is a necessary part of life. Russian as fuck.
>>
>>93499425
Honestly that last part of my comment was for a shitty joke.
My main issue is that erasure from time as a concept taints any semblance of leaving a legacy in the world. As well as the fact that the idea of rebirth from the ashes was already in full swing throughout the season, and the finale took a sudden turn and wiped it all away.
>>
>>93499425
As for the russian part, I think it just doesn't fit with the cliche-ridden cheeseball of a series that is samurai jack, and if it was a decision made on the basis of "holding to your roots", he should have paced the season to accomadate it
>>
Episodes 1-3 feel like a tightly compacted, close knit narrative about a broken man who ultimately adheres to his late father's words of wisdom to stop running from his pain and facing his past.

Episodes 4-10 have next to nothing to do with their three predecessors, and exist to kill off everything set up in 1-3 so that the focus and ultimatum of the show can be that Jack falls in love, and loses his lover at the very last minute.
Jack is very static and boring in these parts, Ashi feels more like a tool and a means to an end than and actually character, and for as great as Greg Baldwin was, Aku has fuck all to do with the story and just clowned around until it was time for the show to end.

After Jack overcame his own personal demons, the focus should have shifted on to his dynamic with Aku. There should have been a Killing Joke-esque theme of "eventually, one of us will die, and that's the only thing that matters".

and God Damnit, there should have been a personal, bloody and elegant final show down with Aku. The violence and adult themes gelled extremely well with Jack, and they ditch it all after 3 to make it a child-friendly Cartoon Network program. It's not good, it's not godawful, but it's mediocre, which is the worst thing a work of art can be.
>>
Joy, because Ashi and her side-plot ruined the whole thing and I'm glad she's dead and all her dumbass fans still can't get over it.
>>
File: 1492312588141.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492312588141.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>93499901
When Genndy originally wrote the outline for the new season, Aku wasn't present, because No Mako. He had just vanished out of either boredom or fear of Jack.

That's what the original reason for the cult was; to try and appease Aku and bring him back, in the hopes he could make things better for them.

I can only assume that this would have had Ashi's transformation in the hand have more of an impact and been a bigger reveal, and flowed better with her sudden powers.

A lot of the season was re-worked to be around Aku, because Gendy realized that it wouldn't have actual closure if the two didn't have a final showdown, not to mention fan backlash.
>>
>>93500146
If that's true (and it makes sense with how things went) then it's ironic, ashi didn't ruin the show, any did
>>
File: IMG_7302.jpg (818KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7302.jpg
818KB, 988x1500px
I'll stick with the comic ending.
>>
>>93500282
>any
Fuckin autocorrect I meant aku
>>
File: Aku_smiling.png (354KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
Aku_smiling.png
354KB, 1017x765px
>>93500146
That would've been a million times better

Yes it's sad that we don't have Mako and it doesn't work out as smoothly in the same way, but if that was Gendy's intention then it should be that Aku was already destroyed by Jack, but he's still fucked because the way home is destroyed.

Or just have enough faith in Baldwin to actually carry the character himself. and make a genuine story that centers around Aku

As it stands the final version features a main antagonist that has nothing to do with the plot. And it really screws the story over in the end. If it was always just going to be about Jack and Ashi, take Aku out of the story.
>>
>>93499707
>>93499755
I absolutely agree with both of you. Honestly I would have preferred that Jack stay in the future and that Genndy give him some agency in that decision rather than have Ashi make it for him, as much as I like her presence in the show. I think a more meaningful and applicable message to real life is the idea of past being the past and how beautiful things can rise out of the worst tragedies. He built up this whole narrative about all the good Jack did and shot it right in the head. Water fire life symbolism could have worked either way.
>>
>>93500329
>genndy give him some agency in the decision
That brings up another big issue; sacrifice.
Alot of people, when defending the ending, justify the disappearance as a heartwarming sacrifice made for the good of the many. Unfortunately though, it comes across as a sacrifice as much as someone getting hit by a drunk driver does. The fact that there was no implication of fore-knowledge of the consequences makes it seem like a cruel cosmic punishment rather than a weighted sacrifice.
>>
>>93489110
I'm at
I don't care anymore, episode 1-3 were pure KINO
>>
>>93489658
I don't hate Ashi in particular.
I hate that the Action series put a lot more focus on romance, which was jarring due to the horrible pacing I didn't used to mind.
Ashi is merely the manifestation of that problem. I am sure deep down she's a nice gal and all.
>>
>>93501139
I get what you mean. As much as I loved the romance stuff, the whole season was a thematic mess
>>
>>93489342
Samurai Jack was always that way
this season was no different other than having actual continuity
>>
>>93500295
I just autism a better ending into my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiVETkVvnQ&ab_channel=SofiaPuerto
>>
>>93496857
I've come to the conlusion that was a misdirect to distract from the eventual Ashi ex Machina.
>>
>>93503395
There was a lot of shitty misdirection in the season. It was implied up to episode 9 that "daughters of aku" was figurative and that they were just nutty cultists.
>>
Speaking honestly. Episodes 4-10 were about what my relatively high expectations were for the finale: closure that was faithful to the original series and demonstrative of Genndy's directorial hand, nothing more nothing lest. Episodes 1-3 had suggested that we might get something a little more complex and so I was disappointed from that nose-grindstone perspective, but big picture, it was satisfactory.

And I am neither surprised nor miffed that it was "merely satisfactory" when it could have been so much more. Genndy has a long history of doing that for me, particularly with Sym-Biotic Titan.
>>
>>93503421
It really was and even then all we got by way of explanation was " I gave these cultist some of my essence that one time." Wtf even? How did that even work??
>>
>>93503440
>faithful to the original series
>an ending that literally retcons the original series
I will never understand how people think that way
>>
>>93489153
>>93489658
She makes me puke. She was suppose to live and die like a villain.
>>
>>93489110
To be honest Scaramouch was too goofy, so was Aku.
To be honest episode 1 didn't quite move things properly, it felt like episode 1 of Korra where they waste too much time establishing things. (except that Gendy only hinted what happened in episode 1 and it later took one more episode to actually explain what happened to his sword)

Episode 3 was also kind of lacking in resolution, suddenly Jack can just grab their weapons and kill them easily.

I can't stand the fact he turned Samurai Jack back into a cartoonnetwork comedy action cartoon.
The weakest points of SJ was that it was the creator of Dexter's Lab who made it, which means it will have that retarded autistic form of humour which only 8 year olds enjoy because of how dumb it is.

He should have went full artistic and adult like in episode 3 when he was bleeding and the episode with the blind archers.
Why could Secret of Kells manage something more mature, but not Jack?
>>
File: Samurai Jack quantum.jpg (178KB, 675x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Jack quantum.jpg
178KB, 675x1024px
>>93489110
Well there's a comic about Jack going through his dimensional counter parts and having cool adventures.
Maybe she'll have a cameo or something.
>>
File: Samurai jack evil.jpg (15KB, 146x249px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai jack evil.jpg
15KB, 146x249px
>>93505385
>There's a version of Jack that went mad with grief over ashi's death and is now on a nihilistic rampage to erase all of existence.
>If she can't exist then nothing should.
>OG Jack fights him and wins but not before his plan comes to fruition and all universes collapse into one.
>>
File: Samurai Jack Live action.jpg (55KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Jack Live action.jpg
55KB, 536x800px
>>93505421
>The new universe is revealed to be our own.
>Jack's real name in this universe is Kojiro Sasaki
>Jack winds up finding Ashi's counterpart in this universe.
>They spend a few years together but the destiny brought on my Jack's real name, which is to duel and die against the legendary Miyamoto Musashi brings their story to a tragic end.
>The last scene is a mirror of the last episode but with Ashi alone on the tree.
>Instead of a lady bug, a white wolf appears before her and comforts her before disappearing into the woods.
>>
File: 1497830448236.png (151KB, 527x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497830448236.png
151KB, 527x490px
>>93489110
>ashifags are still mad about it
ABSOLUTELY
FUCKING
HILARIOUS
>>
File: conceit.jpg (23KB, 466x422px) Image search: [Google]
conceit.jpg
23KB, 466x422px
>one of the Daughters of Aku got more focus than the others during the training montage
just right there was straight to depression
>>
File: Proffesor Jackoby Utonium.png (148KB, 536x768px) Image search: [Google]
Proffesor Jackoby Utonium.png
148KB, 536x768px
>>93505385
>Rick Sanchez's genius intellect and technologically superior equipment.
>Jack's combat skills and experience, an understanding of the supernatural, all the while wielding an unbreakable divine blade.

Is this the most OP character of cartoon network history?
>>
I accepted it long ago. At least she found happiness before dying. Jack seemed to accept it as well at the end.
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px) Image search: [Google]
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>>93489233
>claims they are at acceptance
>gets defensive at others not there yet
>>
>>93500310
>Yes it's sad that we don't have Mako and it doesn't work out as smoothly in the same way, but if that was Gendy's intention then it should be that Aku was already destroyed by Jack, but he's still fucked because the way home is destroyed.
If Aku had been killed offscreen people would just freak the fuck out.
>>
File: Musashi.png (220KB, 492x588px) Image search: [Google]
Musashi.png
220KB, 492x588px
>>93505487
>Beats hundreds and thousands of robots.
>Endure about 50 years of madness and depression under a future where you are haunted by the demon you failed to defeat.
>Defeat countless other demons and nasty supernatural critters to protect those in need.
>Lose your wife to a bullshit time loop and come to peace with her passing through tremendous effort.
> Bonked in the head by a big stick and dies face first in the beach. The man in the pic who did the deed barely pays any respect and peaces out on a boat.
>Such an honorable end to the great samurai Jack.

Please fuck of with this shit.
>>
File: Cassandra Cain punches her mom.png (96KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra Cain punches her mom.png
96KB, 250x192px
>>93489110
>If that multiple universe shit is true then she's probably living the good life somewhere... punching her abusive mom in the face. A G A I N
>>
File: Cassandra Cain.jpg (137KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra Cain.jpg
137KB, 800x730px
>>93506927
Samurai Jack X Batgirl Crossover when?
>>
>>93489110
I accepted it before the finale even aired. That being said, I'm still angry.
>>
>>93506954
>>93506927
BOI
>>
>>93489110
Bargaining i guess

the other day i had a dream where i was on a movie theather and i was watching a samurai jack animated movie that retold season 5 only difference was the ending

>Ashi opens the portal but aku pushes her and gets inside the portal with jack
>while traveling in the portal aku tries to make another portal back to the future
>but doing that creates a paradox that sends aku and jack to a limbo dimension that is completely empty
>in that dimension they have a last battle one on one
>the battle is beautifuly animated even better than jack vs the shinobi
>Jack barely manages to finally kill aku
>Jack is alone in the limbo dimension and meditates reflecting about all of his adventures
>suddenly a portal opens
>is the scotsman and ashi
>Laddie you(insert long ass insult here) we finally found you, this girl is definitely your type
>lets go back back
>suddenly one of the gods appears and tells jack that he must make a choice
>another portal opens
>samurai it is time for you decide what is more important to you
>your past or your future

Then i fucking woke up so i couldn't see how that samurai jack movie that my mind created ended
>>
File: Cassandra Cain Orphan II.jpg (175KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra Cain Orphan II.jpg
175KB, 736x1104px
>>93506927
>>93506954
>>93507008
>The quantum portal from the new comics somehow transport Jack into Gotham.
>A robbery happens and people start assuming he's some new vigilante and asks for help.
>He kicks ass as usual.
>One of the robbers pulls out some experimental weapon shit that puts Jack on the ropes.
>A hooded figure leaps in and saves the day.
>Jack starts getting the credit, he insists that the hooded figure be thanked as well.
>The figure wordlessly leaves.
>Jack begs his leave and makes pursuit, something about this person seems familiar...
>Some chase shenanigans happen and the stranger's hood comes off.
>Pic related
"SamJack.exe has stopped working please restart program"
>The stranger stared awkwardly and the samurai that had a creepy smile frozen on his face.
http://imgur.com/GZUnnhR
>Jack faints.
> Possibility of Joker venom strain comes to mind and the stranger lugs jack like a sack of potatoes to the batcave.
>>
File: Cassandra cain bullet dodge.jpg (177KB, 655x526px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra cain bullet dodge.jpg
177KB, 655x526px
>>93506927
>>93506954
>>93507008
>>93507248

Cass does resemble Ashi a bit now that I think about it.
>>
File: 1496254395515.png (889KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496254395515.png
889KB, 1200x1200px
>>93489110
It was just a prank. She's fine, guys
>>
File: Cassandra had a bad life.png (329KB, 426x762px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra had a bad life.png
329KB, 426x762px
>>93507427
They both had shitty parents too.
Her mom was Lady Shiva, basically just the high priestess with a budget.
>>
File: Ronin DC .jpg (93KB, 900x1372px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin DC .jpg
93KB, 900x1372px
>>93507521
>>93507427
>>93506927
>Jesus Ashi really is just Batgirl with Ronin as her husbando.
>>
>>93499901
I mostly agree, but I thought Aku's role in the season made complete sense. Jack vs. Aku already established in the original series why they're at an eternal standstill, so it makes sense that both of them would eventually lose hope. It would take an external force, such as Ashi, to make either of them regain their hope.
>>
File: ashi_noir_changes.jpg (637KB, 2076x1161px) Image search: [Google]
ashi_noir_changes.jpg
637KB, 2076x1161px
>>93489110
Already at acceptance. And I've accepted the labor of giving you guys the ending that was expected.

P.S. here's a small redesign of Ashi for Cut Into Darkness courtesy of dariu-s
>>
>>93489110
I'm just happy we got something so incredible to be honest
>>
File: Ashi ancestor.png (176KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi ancestor.png
176KB, 500x536px
>>93489280
>one moment Genndy is the savior of Western Animation
Anyone who was saying this was a shill. Samurai Jack was the only notable thing he ever produced, and even that is a little overrated, it was basically 24 minutes of walking around with a brief fight at the end of each episode. Dexter's Lab was hit and miss (It was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, but even then some episodes were a SLOG to get through), don't care for Star Wars, only remember SBT for the booty shake, and Hotel Transvestite was terrible.

>and then he becomes a unforgiveable hack just because he killed off /co/'s flavor of the year
You might be half right, but people were calling him out before the final season even finished and Ashi pulled a Future Biff Tannen in Jack's arms. Sometime after episode 3, he forgot he was working on an Adult Swim show, and we went back to fighting robots and monsters. Ashi's mothers death was laughably underwhelming to the point where even the biggest Genndy apologists were saying "S-S-She'll be back and they'll have an even bigger fight!". The final battles with Aku (future and past) were underwhelming as well.
>>
Where am I? Chapter 9 of the fan fiction I'm writing, just to give these two a happy ending.
>>
>>93505726
Sacrifice fan service for the sake of a better story. People already justify the underwhelming usage of Aku as, "Well the show was never really about him anyway!" So I don't see what the problem would be.
>>
>not choosing/creating a headcanon for yourself
>not moving on with restored heart/sanity

I was an Ashi fag but jeez people, time to fucking move on. Dwelling on this shit is like picking at a wound that cannot scab over because you keep it open.
>>
File: Ashi.jpg (41KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi.jpg
41KB, 680x1020px
>>93489110
https://discord.gg/rfDZy9b

Join the discord if you want to talk Ashi, Jashi or discuss the season
>>
>>93489110
Bump
>>
>>93489110
Acceptance.

I've come to terms with the fact that the show is over... forever, and there is nothing we can do to change/undo the ending that Genndy decided would be best for the show; I have moved on.
>>
>>93489110
Did all of that. And at anger once again because you fucking reminded me. What the hell Genndy. You fucking hack. You wasted like about 7 episode for that piece of shit of a monkey face waifu. Fuck you.
>>
>>93489110
There is no way. She's a literal daughter of Aku in the future, which Jack killed in the past. You must accept that shit.
>>
>>93489110
acceptance, shes gone and never coming back. Im playing KOTOR2 as Ashi for one final good bye
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.