[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Cleveland Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: some show.jpg (26KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
some show.jpg
26KB, 425x239px
Literally why did this exist?

What the fuck was going on when they came up with this?

Just to be sure I put on an episode in another window. Yep. Still awful. There aren't any jokes. I mean there are "jokes" but...what the fuck is this? None of this is funny.

I mean Family Guy is grotesque but at least they have fucking jokes.
>>
>>93487386
>Family Guy has a whole cast of characters you could make a spin-off of
>they choose the least interesting of Peter's friends and basically turn him into Peter-lite
>>
>>93487502
>Peter-lite
more like Peter-dark.
from what I've seen the majority of the jokes are just black people shit.
>>
>>93487522
No even good jokes.
Like shit.

Oh and he has his own crew, Bear, short muscle guy and poor redneck. Clearly an all star cast.
>>
>>93487502
They explained why Quagmire didn't get a spin-off (he's a sexual deviant who has done some really fucked up shit) and a spin-off for Joe would have to be a prequel since there's not much you can do with a cripple as a main character.
>>
>>93487386
I liked the Die Hard episode
>>
It's not saying much, sure, but I preferred the Cleveland Show to Family Guy
Cleveland trying to be a father figure to Donna's kids was more engaging that the nothing default of Family Guy, if only slightly.
It was shit, sure, but it was slightly better smelling shit.
>>
Cleveland was better than Family Guy. Cleveland was more likeable than Peter. How many times are you gonna shit on Meg and drag on with cutaways and random shit? Stewie and Brian are the only two characters that still keep the show entertaining.
>>
Didn't Seth make this show just so Fox would let him make Ted?
>>
>>93487502
>Peter-lite

Why do people say that? Cleveland wasn't like Peter at all.

For one thing, he wasn't a sadistic asshole, which is what Peter's main characterization is these days.
>>
>>93487502
>>Family Guy has a whole cast of characters you could make a spin-off of
You are wrong. There are some wacky gag characters, but they are unlikely to be able to carry an entire show.
>>
>>93487778
Universal made Ted.
>>
>>93487386
first of all, David Lynch as Gus, the bartender. How in the fuck did that happen on network television? How did that conversation even go?

Secondly, I do believe that The Cleveland Show was weak when it started out, but it was actually developing it's own voice, and I really did end up liking the characters. I ended up liking Stoolbend a lot more than Quahog, but at this point it was partly because Family Guy was so fucking terrible.

I saw it as an enjoyable alternative, it would have gone the American Dad route and did its own thing, because right up until the end it was getting stronger. Cleveland Live! is one of the best things I've seen on television.

All in all, it was cut before its time, but at least it wasn't fucking Bordertown.
>>
It got pretty good near the end. It was basically turned into Black Family Guy just like American Dad was supposed to be Republican Family Guy, but when it found its own voice it became really good.

Its kind of shitty they dropped American Dad from the sunday lineup, but whatever.

At least Cleveland is back on Family Guy now with the new family. I saw an ep on adult swim last night that seemed to indicate maybe they'll expand on Cleveland in the future and have him at the deli again. He could easily be worked into a full B plot for an episode
>>
>>93487616
Ableist
>>
they made way too many "look it's a man kissing another man, so gross lol!" jokes
>>
>>93487502
Cleveland seemed slightly more smarter than Peter in his show. I'd argue that he's more stressed out with having to put up with his retarded fat son, step son being a little shit, and unwanted in laws.
>>
The realized black people were the least likely people to watch Family Guy so they tried to make a show specifically to pander to them to rake in that specific audience. It failed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.