[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Batuman.jpg (66KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
Batuman.jpg
66KB, 400x595px
What Silver Age stuff should I be checking out? I'm currently trying to go through the Scwartz-era Batman titles with a rough list of release dates to follow which has been really enjoyable overall, though sadly I'm missing the context of the era before it to really know what changed.

Other things I've read:
> Daredevil (dropped because terrible)
> Fantastic Four (probably the best Silver Age I've read so far)
> ASM
> X-Men (dropped because also terrible).
> The Flash (one of my favourite characters but the stories don't particularly interest me here).

Any other recommendations? Especially looking for DC stuff as I'm a bit more covered on the Marvel front.
>>
File: ama.jpg (56KB, 748x254px) Image search: [Google]
ama.jpg
56KB, 748x254px
Worlds Finest & Teen Titans. I want to say keep chugging along with the Flash, I love it because its so much fun, wacky psychics and ancient underground fish people and stuff, really great.

DC have been coming out with Golden & Silver age archives recently that have been the bulk of my purchases, they only have the main stories so in the silver age flash stuff you won't see any elongated man or anything, but seeing good old art on a crisp white page is great.

So yeah, definitely try Worlds Finest. In December some silver age Teen Titans is being released, which is great and packed with references to stuff like the Beatles and the Moon Landing while calling each other cool cats. Absolutely primo famalam

pic related, the new archive stuff. Anything with that kinda cover is guaranteed gold
>>
>>93487153
Yeah, I have the Flash Silver Age Collection (v1) from that range! Just bought the first Golden Age Superman one + waiting on the first WW volume as well. Also:

> they only have the main stories so in the silver age flash stuff you won't see any elongated man or anything

There's been at least a couple of Elongated Man stories in the collection, though you might mean that it doesn't collect appearances of The Flash from outside his main book which is true.

Will check out Teen Titans, thanks. Was meaning to get around to that anyway.

Marvel's Epic Collection's are a good way of getting their earlier Silver Age stuff as well by the way. Around the same price, quality, and quantity of issues, but sadly they're releasing them for so many titles that you only get 1 or 2 continuous volumes before having to find some older collection to get the remaining issues.
>>
File: metal men.png (306KB, 377x453px) Image search: [Google]
metal men.png
306KB, 377x453px
>>93486500
Metal Men is glorious Silver Age fun.
>>
File: wally.jpg (131KB, 497x550px) Image search: [Google]
wally.jpg
131KB, 497x550px
>>93487239

>
There's been at least a couple of Elongated Man stories in the collection, though you might mean that it doesn't collect appearances of The Flash from outside his main book which is true.

I'm holding the silver age flash collection in my hands right now and unless i am completely blind there is no elongated man in there dude

cheers for the marvel tip
>>
>>93487479

oops i cant greentext
>>
>>93487479
Page 293 - "Mystery of the Elongated Man!"
Page 385 - "The Elongated Man's Secret Weapon!"

Also page 332 for that incredibly odd story where some Norse gods try to take over the earth. Shit like that I really love.

>>93487443
Looks cool, thanks!
>>
>>93487555

well fuck, nice catch dude
>>
>>93487639
Only stories from that volume I still need to read are that second Elongated Man story, along with the one where Barry gets fat.
>>
barbarella. science fiction with a slice of psychedelia and hentai
>>
>>93487676
>barry gets fat
The story in that manages to be more bizarre than the cover is. Have fun!
>>
The Trial of the Flash
>>
>>93487734
Love the art. Think I once picked up a live action Barbarella film on VHS that was on the side of the road.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.