[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: aaron kuder drax.jpg (36KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
aaron kuder drax.jpg
36KB, 600x366px
Four issues in, what do people think of Duggan's run so far? I'm enjoying it, but I haven't read much GotG besides a good chunk of the DnA run.
>>
One of the few runs im following. I'm enjoying it as well
>>
I haven't read it, or most GotG stuff.

Whenever it's been storytimed or discussed here, it's mostly negative; people generally seem to dislike the movie synergy shit and I guess it's a departure from the characters as they normally are in the comics, so anyone who *is* familiar with the series dislike it even more.
>>
I like it quite a bit.

Got storytimed just the other night by Norrin.
>>
>>93480813
As the letter page for #4 pointed out, the mini-Groot story can be spun as a logical exploration of what happens to Groot if more than one chunk is planted. As far as synergy stuff the comics have done, this is pretty inoffensive.
>>
>>93480684

Does it take inspiration from the movies? If so, I have no interest.
>>
File: 34523452435.jpg (302KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
34523452435.jpg
302KB, 1080x1920px
>>93480684
>Thanos will never be in his cool robes again.

This costume was so much better then his gold and blue space clothes.
>>
>>93481160
kinda? they got the milano but it's a raptor ship and the owner is after them, and groot is small but just because there are other groots being grown from him from the last time he was splintered
>>
>>93481160
> Drax is a pacifist
> Gamora wants the Soul Gem
> Someone is tending a field of mini-Groots

all of these things happened in the movies
>>
It's definitely made to look like the movies. No one really matches their normal 616 self at all.

And are they really going to turn the raptors into reavers?
>>
>>93480684
Still too much movie synergy for my tastes.
>>
>Turned Groot into MCU baby Groot
>somehow not movie synergy at all
>>
>>93480684
>gamora look like a dude
i dont like it
>starlord is idiotic and way to pump up
aleast he isnt memelord but he look like a black comedy actor who scream all the time
>the jokes are hit or miss

i do like the current story arc and i want to know how the multiple groots and the serch for the stone develops
>>
>>93481209
>drax will neer use the kaioken again
>>
File: 133458965932.jpg (157KB, 1279x945px) Image search: [Google]
133458965932.jpg
157KB, 1279x945px
>>93480684
Oh yeah, I should maybe read issue 4. With Marvel so shit these days, I kind of forget. Issue 3 was really neat and made up for the dumb-ass first two issues. I guess it'll go back to being dumb-ass shit again for a while though.
Shit, if this persists, Gamora will be the most interesting character of this run. Imagine that.
>>
>>Phyla coming back

Based
>>
>>93483413
When Duggan took over writing duties on Deadpool, his first arc read like a continuation from Way's run. Which is to say, absolutely terrible. But then the next arc picked up and kept picking up since then.

He has this habit of adhering to a previous writer's run in his first arc, then easing into the things he wants to actually explore. It can help ease in newcomers who somehow managed to actually like the previous run and eventually provide people looking for decent writing something to enjoy after the first arc is finished. It's not a perfect strategy, but I can see why he does that.

Then again, this all depends on whether or not things pick up once he's done weaning. Based on what was revealed going forward, like Phyla being brought back, I'm optimistic.
>>
>>93483501
Uncanny Avengers picked up momentum on issue 2 as well, even with Stegman's art jumping in quality.
>>
>>93480684
I like it. Gamora issue had some great art and writing as everything melded together in the hellish miasmic slop of the corrupted Soul Stone.
>>
I like it. He's doing all sorts of things I love, like explaining why Groot can't speak properly anymore, and potentially bringing back Adam and Phylla
>>
>>93483501
People gotta stop hating on Dead Presidents, it was fine.
>>
>>93481800
>normal 616 self
That doesn't exist though. The Guardians have fluctuated too much to say they have a "normal" self.
DnA doesn't mean normal and MCU Star-Lord isn't blonde
>>
>>93485126
It was also actually funny and and a 100 times wittier than anything Way wrote.
>>
>>93480813
>normally

Well that's the thing, there is no "normal" for these characters. They're frankly lucky the movie has given them a semblance of one and helped them stick around, otherwise they would have returned to obscurity after the inevitable end of DNA's run regardless.

But such logic is wasted on the hipster drama queens around here who think reading a few comics from the 2000s makes them hardcore experts.
>>
>>93485164
>>93485233
This. These characters constantly fluctuate from run to run. DnA might be considered definitive, but they're neither first nor only.

Hell, MCU Drax actually pulls a lot from Infinity Watch Drax, which is a very different character from DnA Drax.
>>
>>93480684
It's been bretty good
Issue 3 with the soul gem stuff (god forbid me for saying this) was almost starlinesque, and Irving's art complemented the story really well
The Gamora/infinity gems storyline is really promising, wonder what happened to them after the Secret Wars
I also enjoy the Grandmaster and the Collector's manipulation
>>
>>93485950
Collector keeping every weapon that's killed him was a nice touch.
>>
I want to reread Duggan's Infinity Gauntlet mini sometime soon.

He said he's planning to use the Infinity Gems/Stones in huge ways, and they way he's used them before lives up to that statement.
>>
>>93481160
Quite a few bits of dialogue are straight up from the movies. Especially Drax. It's quite painful to read.
>>
File: 323262.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146KB, 459x302px
>Drax is smartass MCU self, and not total asshole 616 self
>Groot is baby Groot and cannot talk for unmentioned reasons
>Quill is 1:1 MCU Quill and even listens to old music
>They are on the ship from the movie
>Gamora does not even remotely look like Gamora

and people defend this claiming it's not MCU at all...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.